Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dead prez posted:

i think you should slam dunk your husband for being the worst kind of food bitch. life is about different flavors. people who want to eat the same thing always, make me so mad. try something new every day you can

Dude there’s only like 7 kinds of animals, like 30 vegetables, maybe like 50 fruits, and like 4 grains you can make food out of. What are you supposed to do, eat a rain pancho with varnish on it? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I grew up in Idaho and have never seen such a thing. Maybe its a Boise thing.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Dude there’s only like 7 kinds of animals, like 30 vegetables, maybe like 50 fruits, and like 4 grains you can make food out of. What are you supposed to do, eat a rain pancho with varnish on it? :thunk:

basic statistics 7*30*50*4 == eleventy million

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Antivehicular posted:

flashing back to the picky-eater story where the dude in question bought a stack of frozen pizzas while on vacation so he could keep "his streak" of days only eating pizza up, allegedly for the sake of his "instagram followers" who were heavily invested in his malnutrition journey

I’m just imagining a guy who does buy, let’s make what’s probably a charitable guess and say three dozen hot dogs a week. Because the first time he went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of dogs and buns (and presumably ketchup/mustard/relish, he’s not an animal), the cashier might be like “oh, having a barbecue this weekend?” And he would have two options: either lie and be like “oh... yeah, a barbecue” and then not come back to that store for a while, or if he’s not going to lie, just be like “no, these are for me” and return every week for more dogs, buns, and ketchup.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In college I was subsisting on 20 dollars or so of food a week so I had to make it last and yes, hotdogs were a part of it. The cashier knows theres no barbecue when youre buying the discount 40 pack of bar-s meat for 5 dollars, theres no reason to pretend.

As lifestyles go, I do not recommend.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Fiancé [33F] watched a stripper masturbate for her Bachelorette Party
nsfw
The party was Saturday. She had hers and I [29M] also had my Bachelor Party that night. Her bridesmaids and friends hired a stripper for her. I knew in advance and she was giddy over it, and I trust her not to gently caress some stripper, so I supported her. Some of my guys were uncomfortable about hiring a stripper, so we set it up such that we go out, have fun, then only the people who want to go will come to a Strip Club with me at the end of the night and do our thing.

I've been to strip clubs before, so my picture in my head is a lap dance, see some naked bodies, and if you want more, you go upstairs and pay for more. I didn't have any intention to go up and pay more, so we got a few lap dances, had some fun and called it a night.

Her stripper came to a friend's house. We woke up in different places Sunday morning and teased each other we had crazy nights on the phone. Then I went to go pick her up and she let casually slip the stripper jerked off into a towel. That she was taken into a room alone cause all the other girls didn't want to see it and that she played with her boobs for him while he jerked off and came into a towel. She doesn't really hide anything from anyone, so she let it slip. I was not happy being shocked like that. I was taken aback, cause in my head a stripper doesn't perform sex acts. To me, cumming is a sex act. I got a little jealous but then chalked it up to it being a bachelorette party. I asked her if anything else other than dancing/grinding happened and she said no.

Later in the day, I let it ruminate more and kept getting grossed out that some guy did that in front of her. I mean... Louis CK got in trouble for the same thing, so clearly someone draws a line there. So she starts getting messages from her bachelorette group and some pictures and videos come up. She says she wants to show me, but we're headed into a wedding vendor meeting, so I say not now. As I said, she doesn't hide anything, so while in the middle of the vendor meeting she shows me a picture of her on the floor (clothed) and whispers to me "I had spanx on!", the stripper in assless chaps in the 69 position. I'm not even thinking that this is in the middle of the dance and he could've been in that position for a fraction of a second for the picture. All my head goes to is that he's trying to give her oral sex. It took everything I had to not burst in anger there. All going through my head that moment is that she 1) doesn't even let ME go down on her, and some random dude is now all up in that area and 2) what the hell else went on at this thing that she didn't mention. We left the vendor and it became too much for me that I got very angry, screamed, and very immaturely said I want to cancel this wedding and that I don't want to hear anything or see any of the videos. In my head my trust was broken and if the guy jerked off in front of her, what isn't to say that he didn't try to perform oral sex on her.

The next several hours I calmed down, word reached mutual friends who asked me to not throw this away. A female friend that was at the bachelorette supports my fiance that nothing crazy happened and she certainly did not cheat on me. She was drunk and it was part of the show, and that we are both at fault for not discussing boundaries beforehand.

I conceded that if someone took a picture of me mid-lap dance that it could look like i'm doing something wrong. I asked to see the videos she was trying to show me earlier. I felt the jealousy build inside me. The stripper was definitely overly touchy... he came out and started kissing her immediately when she had a blindfold on, started groping her a little and bite-motioned her nipples in the video. Other clips got a bit crazier-- he air humped her, her with her legs around is waist and him gyrating. The picture I reacted to earlier there was enough distance between his face and her crotch and his crotch and her face that I had to concede I was overreacting.

While I'm not thrilled about a lot of those things, they are technically part of lapdances, so I can't be upset about them. The air humping thing sucks, but that too I have chalked up to being part of the night. We talked it through and I had to concede this is both our faults for not communicating limits and not marking what I was uncomfortable with.

This morning all I could think about was how grossed out I feel about this. She has said she would do the night all over again cause of how much love she was showered with-- that she didn't enjoy the stripper as much as other parts of the night and that if she'd known I was uncomfortable with the masturbation that she would not have gone through with it. She thought it was gross but says she let it happen because it was part of the "package".

I just really can't stop being grossed out by it. I can't have a double standard about a dude gyrating on her if I had a girl gyrating on me... but today I am only thinking about that dude's bodily fluids... and the fact that it probably got on her dress and ugh.

It's a spiral in my head and i'm not trying to let it be. I'm not a prude, I definitely have a higher sex drive than her, and feel more jealousy than anything. The fact that she was hyper sexual with a stranger and that I get that level of sexuality from her, but that it's always preempted by some level of prudishness.

While I am not cancelling the wedding, i'm having a hard time with this. I can't even tell if my trust in her is shaken or that i'm just being held back by jealousy.

For what it's worth, there are times when she has been hypersexual with me and encourages me to speak to what I want out of our sex life. We tried to do the make up sex thing and tried a new position and while it helped me feel better, out of anything that happened with her at her Bachelorette, that this jerking off thing is really bugging me.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts are appreciated.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
^ whats the hotdog game like tho rly

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Power Khan posted:

nsfw
The party was Saturday. She had hers and I [29M] also had my Bachelor Party that night. Her bridesmaids and friends hired a stripper for her. I knew in advance and she was giddy over it, and I trust her not to gently caress some stripper, so I supported her. Some of my guys were uncomfortable about hiring a stripper, so we set it up such that we go out, have fun, then only the people who want to go will come to a Strip Club with me at the end of the night and do our thing.

I've been to strip clubs before, so my picture in my head is a lap dance, see some naked bodies, and if you want more, you go upstairs and pay for more. I didn't have any intention to go up and pay more, so we got a few lap dances, had some fun and called it a night.

Her stripper came to a friend's house. We woke up in different places Sunday morning and teased each other we had crazy nights on the phone. Then I went to go pick her up and she let casually slip the stripper jerked off into a towel. That she was taken into a room alone cause all the other girls didn't want to see it and that she played with her boobs for him while he jerked off and came into a towel. She doesn't really hide anything from anyone, so she let it slip. I was not happy being shocked like that. I was taken aback, cause in my head a stripper doesn't perform sex acts. To me, cumming is a sex act. I got a little jealous but then chalked it up to it being a bachelorette party. I asked her if anything else other than dancing/grinding happened and she said no.

Later in the day, I let it ruminate more and kept getting grossed out that some guy did that in front of her. I mean... Louis CK got in trouble for the same thing, so clearly someone draws a line there. So she starts getting messages from her bachelorette group and some pictures and videos come up. She says she wants to show me, but we're headed into a wedding vendor meeting, so I say not now. As I said, she doesn't hide anything, so while in the middle of the vendor meeting she shows me a picture of her on the floor (clothed) and whispers to me "I had spanx on!", the stripper in assless chaps in the 69 position. I'm not even thinking that this is in the middle of the dance and he could've been in that position for a fraction of a second for the picture. All my head goes to is that he's trying to give her oral sex. It took everything I had to not burst in anger there. All going through my head that moment is that she 1) doesn't even let ME go down on her, and some random dude is now all up in that area and 2) what the hell else went on at this thing that she didn't mention. We left the vendor and it became too much for me that I got very angry, screamed, and very immaturely said I want to cancel this wedding and that I don't want to hear anything or see any of the videos. In my head my trust was broken and if the guy jerked off in front of her, what isn't to say that he didn't try to perform oral sex on her.

The next several hours I calmed down, word reached mutual friends who asked me to not throw this away. A female friend that was at the bachelorette supports my fiance that nothing crazy happened and she certainly did not cheat on me. She was drunk and it was part of the show, and that we are both at fault for not discussing boundaries beforehand.

I conceded that if someone took a picture of me mid-lap dance that it could look like i'm doing something wrong. I asked to see the videos she was trying to show me earlier. I felt the jealousy build inside me. The stripper was definitely overly touchy... he came out and started kissing her immediately when she had a blindfold on, started groping her a little and bite-motioned her nipples in the video. Other clips got a bit crazier-- he air humped her, her with her legs around is waist and him gyrating. The picture I reacted to earlier there was enough distance between his face and her crotch and his crotch and her face that I had to concede I was overreacting.

While I'm not thrilled about a lot of those things, they are technically part of lapdances, so I can't be upset about them. The air humping thing sucks, but that too I have chalked up to being part of the night. We talked it through and I had to concede this is both our faults for not communicating limits and not marking what I was uncomfortable with.

This morning all I could think about was how grossed out I feel about this. She has said she would do the night all over again cause of how much love she was showered with-- that she didn't enjoy the stripper as much as other parts of the night and that if she'd known I was uncomfortable with the masturbation that she would not have gone through with it. She thought it was gross but says she let it happen because it was part of the "package".

I just really can't stop being grossed out by it. I can't have a double standard about a dude gyrating on her if I had a girl gyrating on me... but today I am only thinking about that dude's bodily fluids... and the fact that it probably got on her dress and ugh.

It's a spiral in my head and i'm not trying to let it be. I'm not a prude, I definitely have a higher sex drive than her, and feel more jealousy than anything. The fact that she was hyper sexual with a stranger and that I get that level of sexuality from her, but that it's always preempted by some level of prudishness.

While I am not cancelling the wedding, i'm having a hard time with this. I can't even tell if my trust in her is shaken or that i'm just being held back by jealousy.

For what it's worth, there are times when she has been hypersexual with me and encourages me to speak to what I want out of our sex life. We tried to do the make up sex thing and tried a new position and while it helped me feel better, out of anything that happened with her at her Bachelorette, that this jerking off thing is really bugging me.

Yikes. Yeah, that's call off the wedding worthy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HMS Beagle posted:

I grew up in Idaho and have never seen such a thing. Maybe its a Boise thing.

It's an Albany expression.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Leon Einstein posted:

Yikes. Yeah, that's call off the wedding worthy.

the comments on that thread are mostly people telling him to get over himself because he went to a strip club and his desperately trying to take the advice :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

the comments on that thread are mostly people telling him to get over himself and his desperately trying to take the advice :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope its like his caterer and flowers people trying to keep the wedding on

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

When I read the title I assumed it was a female stripper because I'm bi and I still can't imagine someone wanting to watch a guy jacking off.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Somebody mentioned a male stripper AMA in the thread, in regard to "stuff that really happens and what you better not tell your fiance, phew"

Idk, the whole tradition is extremely stupid.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

Have you ever felt unsafe while working?

quote:

Only a few times and never from the girls. Believe it or not, it's usually the young straight guys who cause the problems. Perhaps my presence makes them feel threatened, or they have something to prove.

At one party, one of the girl's brother and his redneck friends crashed in on the party and started firing whistling bottle rockets at me in the living room.

I stripped at a country bar for a birthday girl and several of her friends. One of the girls got frisky with me. Little did I know that she was married and her husband was in the crowd (the bar was opened to the public). He waited outside to fight me in the parking lot, but he never approached me when I walked out and went to my car.

quote:

What's the best stripper move you have?

quote:

I can twerk pretty well!

Lately, some girls request "The Helicopter." For those of you that don't know, that's swinging your penis around in a circle.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Power Khan posted:

Lately, some girls request "The Helicopter." For those of you that don't know, that's swinging your penis around in a circle.

strongly disagree with the idea there is someone on the internet that doesn't know what the helicopter is

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
pth pth pth we're running out of fuel!!!

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I just kicked my fiance out (update to the savings for our son)

UPDATE - Advice Wanted

quote:

So for those just joining us, my fiance, the father of my youngest (of 2) children, had told me for years that he had an account that he was putting £10 a week in for the child that is biologically related to him, to match the separate account I had where I was also putting in money for our son. Turns out he was lying. He had a couple hundred when he should have had over 10x that. His solution was to take money from my daughter, who is not biologically related to him, because myself and her biological father have both been contributing £10 a week each since I got pregnant. He then tried to guilt me into giving my son the money meant for my daughter, saying if I didn't then I would be showing favouritism, and I was stuck as I felt that whatever I did I would be being unfair to at least one person.

A short while ago I asked to see my fiance's bank statement, as it is sent out on the 30th of every month and he gets paid on the 28th. He immediately got cagey, and said that it wasn't fair as I wasn't showing him my accounts, so I used my banking app to show him my accounts, and he, eventually, begrudgingly, brought up his own. He has more than 3x what is missing from our son's savings account in his current account, plus an additional savings account with 4x that.

So essentially after leading me to believe he had put aside 3.5k for our son, he admitted he had only allotted him a few hundred, when I had actually put aside the 3.5k to combine with his. He then, instead of admitting he had NEARLY SIXTY GRAND AT HIS DISPOSAL HE TOLD ME TO TAKE MONEY FROM MY DAUGHTER TO GIVE TO OUR SON.

When I asked him what he thought he was doing he replied that he didn't see the point to creating a savings account for our son for when he turns 18 as he is currently 6. I explained the whole concept of saving up again and he repeated that our son wouldn't need the money for years, so what's the point of building it up for the last 7 years, and for the next 11.

I told him that he could have just told me this 7 years ago instead of lying to me, and he could have told me the truth any point in the last few days, where I have been tearing my hair out over what to do to make it up to our son, and he has watched me struggle over deciding what to do and dismissed me as being dramatic and worrying over nothing.

He is currently staying in a hotel, and we are officially on a break. I don't see me forgiving him any time soon but we have a son to think about so if absolutely nothing else I'm going to have to figure out how to be in the same room as him.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Future RP poster alert

quote:

AITA for insisting that my son’s therapist tells me why my son wants to see him.
u/govicitas10h
My son [17] was always a normal boy, with many friends, very active and didn’t seam to have any kind of problem. But one day we he told us he needed to go see a therapist.

We were really surprised by that, we never thought he will ask us something like that. We ask him why but he didn’t want to tell us. We were worried so we send him to a therapist and now he goes once a week. In our eyes he is still the same kid that before. We tried to think about things that he may have. We thought maybe he is bulimic or anorexic ( as he is very thin ) but he isn’t that skinny and those things tend to affect women, not men. We thought of depression but that also doesn’t seem very likely.

We decided that theorizing wouldn’t give us an answer so we ask his therapist and refused, saying that he couldn’t say what my son told him. I told him that we didn’t want the specifics but at least the reason why he goes to therapy. But he refused again. We try to insist many times but he didn’t give up.

And the day after, our son come to us and tell us that he know that we insisted on knowing why he wants therapy ( we don’t know if the therapist told him or maybe he hear us talking about it in the house ) and insulted us. He didn’t talk to us for the rest of the day.

Now, we know that insist to know wasn’t the best idea but we are his parents and we deserve to know. We really are assholes?

quote:

I think I have an idea of why this kid wanted to see a therapist.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Power Khan posted:

nsfw

At first I was like "what a bunch of prudes" then there's the weird poo poo about taking place in the bathroom alone together and a bunch of photos and videos and it's just like wtf have a normal strip show if you just wanna see naked hotties.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The thread and his account are deleted now heh. Probably found a blacklight and made use of it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

At first I was like "what a bunch of prudes" then there's the weird poo poo about taking place in the bathroom alone together and a bunch of photos and videos and it's just like wtf have a normal strip show if you just wanna see naked hotties.

I’ve never understood the whole stripper bachelor/ette party thing. Most couples have clear lines of “I don’t want my SO to gently caress someone the night before the wedding” and while I’m sure that most of these parties are just fine or maybe a little awkward the ones we hear about just seem to derail everything for no reason.

Like yeah, if you really need to see a naked stranger the night before you marry someone ostensibly for life, you do you, but a nice dinner out with people that are happy for you seems more pleasant by miles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like, and Ive 0 actual evidence, that as bachelor parties have gotten milder bachelorette parties have gotten wilder. Growing up it was like well obviously men get obscenely wasted and hire multiple strippers while women do fine dining and now its men go out to like a barcade and pass out at 9pm and women roam the streets in a feral pack throwing penis shaped kunai.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Barudak posted:

I feel like, and Ive 0 actual evidence, that as bachelor parties have gotten milder bachelorette parties have gotten wilder. Growing up it was like well obviously men get obscenely wasted and hire multiple strippers while women do fine dining and now its men go out to like a barcade and pass out at 9pm and women roam the streets in a feral pack throwing penis shaped kunai.

It's been at least 20 years that I've been hearing standup comedians say the worst thing you can do to your act and self-esteem is play a venue hosting a bachelorette party

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

tactlessbastard posted:

How do you manage to dress yourself

Wow look, another super waspy post.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My bachelor party: I stayed home with a few friends, we drank some wine and played instruments and xbox(?).

Meanwhile my soon to be wife got drunk with her friends, and she physically had to pry off one of her non-single friends off a stranger to prevent her going home with the dude.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yeah, there’s a huge difference between hiring a stripper to dance for a group (or even privately) and a private jerk-off show. Especially because of this line that I initially glossed over:

quote:

that she played with her boobs for him

So she was topless and playing with herself to get the stripper off? I think that’s well over the line for most people.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I'm finally having a second (for the old country) wedding now that we can afford it, my first in the US was super low key and chill.
But now like they're talking about bachelor parties and poo poo, with my sometime crazy football hooligan brothers in law, with fairly low levels of English, on an island known for being Ibiza East in some circles.

I'm going to die lol.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Like yeah, if you really need to see a naked stranger the night before you marry someone ostensibly for life, you do you, but a nice dinner out with people that are happy for you seems more pleasant by miles.

this made me think of hiring a stripper, but at like a classy steakhouse where a bunch of people in black tie are eating bone-in porterhouse chops and watching a woman in a cocktail dress strip to jazz piano by candlelight

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for demanding a male masseuse?

quote:

I (F, 24) have almost constant back pain due to having breasts that are disproportionate to my size. I don’t want to get a reduction because I don’t want to lose the ability to breastfeed, or lose any sensitivity. So I am saddled with pretty annoying back pain that I try my best to manage with physical therapy and massages. I have one masseuse - let’s call him Joe - that I use whenever I go to the massage parlor, which is maybe once a month. This masseuse is a very large, strong man and he uses a lot of force when he massages my back, which is how I like it. I’ve had other masseuses in the past but none have ever been as good as Joe because they haven’t used as much force to really get in there and relax my muscles. And I have not once had a satisfactory massage from a woman. This is not to say there are not talented female masseuses, but as I mentioned before I really prefer quite a bit of force, which necessitates a certain amount of strength.

This past week I went to the massage parlor with a scheduled appointment with Joe. Only when I got there, the receptionist told me Joe had called in sick, so now I was to see “Stacy” who was filling in for him. I told her I’d rather just reschedule the appointment, but the receptionist was rather insistent and assured me that Stacy was a good masseuse. At this point, Stacy had emerged from the back and was witnessing this exchange. She was maybe around 5’2” and had a very thin frame. There was no way I was wasting my money on a massage that could very well be subpar in the amount of force needed. I told the receptionist that I didn’t want a massage from a woman because I needed a masseuse with a lot of strength. The receptionist looked nothing short of scandalized. Stacy looked pretty pissed too. I apologized and left.

Now I’d normally consider myself a progressive person, but I can’t ignore the differences between the sexes - men are usually stronger than women and that’s that. Joe and Stacy were no exception to this generalization. I didn’t want to have to say it out loud but the receptionist gave me no choice - I’m not great at lying on the spot. So Reddit, AITA?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Put that one right into your veins, there's so many possibilities this could go

My (39M) wife (38F) has told me that her friends have invited her to a swingers club. She wants to go. I want to let her, but I am terrified that I will be ending our marriage by doing so.

UPDATE: Let me be clear that she wants me AND her to go together at the same time to the same place. What I'm worried is that while for me, I'm 100% positive that I could have sex with another woman and have no desire to leave my wife, I'm NOT 100% positive that if she has sex with another man that she won't decide to leave me. I'm not saying that I think she's going to meet Dirk Diggler and divorce me the first time she goes, but that I'm opening a door that I won't be able to close.

Questions:

Has anyone done this, and regretted doing so?

If I do go through with this, what can I do to mitigate my risks?

A while back, my wife told me that her best friend (36F) invited her to a swingers club (Miami Velvet). We have been married since high school, and (as far as I know, since she COULD be lying to me about her sexual history) we haven't had too many (less than 5) other partners sexually. When she married me, I was in peak shape (I played football). I'll be the first to admit that I've let myself go a bit over the years (about 40 lbs). She, on the other hand, works out daily and eats like a drat pigeon, so she looks as fine as she did in high school (two daughters later, and she's still 'hawt'). She's not necessarily bugging me about going, but she has mentioned it like five or six times. Reading between the lines on this, it's something she REALLY wants to do. For context, she'll halfway hint that she wants sex with me ONCE. If I don't catch those smoke signals while the moon and stars are in perfect alignment, it could be at least another month or two before she'd try again. In contrast, in less that two months, she's brought up the swinging club like five or six times. I love my wife, and I'd do drat near anything for her, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I have some concerns about this:

We are not exactly the demographic that I would expect to see in that club. I'm black, and my wife is black. I don't know if our white friends (for example, her BFF and her husband) are just being more open about the possibility of doing this, but our black friends are either not about it at all, or are lying to me when I ask if they've considered swinging.

As I've mentioned, I've put on quite a few pounds. One of the things I love about my wife is that she is generally brutally honest (as in, I've caught her in a whopper or two, but for the most part, she's a straight shooter). She has told me to my face that she is no longer attracted to me sexually. We still have sex, but it's not like she's knocking on my door to get it. I can't get the idea out of my head that we would go and I would see nothing but 21-year old six-pack wielding, horse penis carrying, male gods. And I know you're thinking, "why don't you just lose some weight?" I've literally been starving myself since she's mentioned this, but I'm not going to get a six pack next week, no matter what I do. Let's just chalk the six pack up to next year at best, given work, kids, and you know, food.

I'm afraid she'll find a younger guy who is better looking, and is a way better plumber than I am. I think that she loves me, but you never really know. Is she with me out of love, or because I'm a good father, and she doesn't want to be a single parent? Mentally, I think I could deal with her having sex with another man, since I know I wasn't her first. I know as a fact that I could have sex with another woman and that won't affect my marriage (and no, I've never cheated, but guys, you know exactly what I mean on this). I don't care if the vagina made the sun come up in the morning, I'm not leaving my wife and kids for it. Period. That being said, I think she has more options than I do. I don't think movie stars can't stay married because they are worse at it than everyone else, but I think they simply have WAY too many options. I'm not going to do the picture thing, but trust me when I say that if she feels like "upgrading" she could do so. I feel sometimes that the moment that she realizes that her being married and having two kids is no deterrent to many men, I'd be through.

Sorry for the speech, but I wanted to give some context with the questions.

[Inevitably]:

quote:

I've been to many of those clubs (called "lifestyle clubs" these days), with my wife. First thing to remember - you're not required to have sex while you're there. What I would recommend is going there the first time with the explicit agreement that neither of you will have any physical contact with others, and will only observe.

After that, make a very clear-cut agreement on what you will and won't do. I won't go into the details because you can find them easily, but things like same-room versus different-room, soft swap vs hard swap, etc etc.

Also, I can't speak for all areas, but over here, if you're a black dude who's in any reasonable physical condition, you'll be swimming in women. And it's great motivation to hit the gym - when you know you'll be naked in front of a bunch of people on Saturday, you don't skip upper body weight day on Tuesday, lol.

Any questions welcome!

Ffs do it lol

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 1, 2019

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Boyfriend has a friend that he is committed to financially supporting and living with for the rest of his life

quote:

I have a question for the cosmos (and the reddit community).

I am a 31F, and my boyfriend is (40M). We've been together for a year and a half and completely fell in love. It was like a fairy tale. He is so wonderful - kind, sensitive, loving, generous, trustworthy, ambitious, everything. We share a passion for road cycling and mountain biking, we grew up in the same state about an hour away from each other, we have so much in common. And we love each other.

My concern is that he has a best friend who he has been living with on and off for about 15 years. He fully financially supports this friend. This friend, we'll call him "J", doesn't have a job, drinks to excess multiple times a week, and basically does not leave his room during the day. This friend, J, also thinks he is an evil wizard. They both believe in the I Ching, which is an ancient Chinese divination system. My boyfriend calls J his life coach, and whenever my boyfriend has a question about his career, or life in general (I'm not sure to what extent he consults and relies on the I Ching) he asks, J, who throws coins and interprets the I Ching for my boyfriend. I'm concerned about the level of influence J has on my boyfriend's decision making. I'm also just not a fan of J in general - he is loud, egotistical, thinks he is evil (thinks he caused the recent earthquakes in California), drinks too much and doesn't respect women.

As questions about our future have come up, I've told my boyfriend that I do not want to live with J. I told him I don't care about the financial support, but I want to get married one day and have a family and don't want to live with J. But this is a deal breaker for my boyfriend. He says he has made a commitment to J and can't break that.

I'm confused and heart broken. I know I can't live with J and be happy, but my boyfriend can't compromise.

My advice is - what do I do? Do I see if I can figure out a way to live with J or is it time to move on?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

luxury handset posted:

this made me think of hiring a stripper, but at like a classy steakhouse where a bunch of people in black tie are eating bone-in porterhouse chops and watching a woman in a cocktail dress strip to jazz piano by candlelight

This is probably a thing. Maybe in Portland? There’s a strip club steakhouse in Portland but I wouldn’t necessarily call it “classy”

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
When I was in college my roomies and their friends were on their way out when I was getting home from work.
"Oh dude, cool, we're on our way to The Strip Club, want to come?"
'Errrrrr.... i guess?'
Got changed, oiled piled in a few cars, rolled into downtown and... it was a choose your own steak restuarant called The Strip Club.

I was so relieved :tutbutt:

Moon Atari posted:

Like: "oh drat, you caught me cheating, guess we will have to break up so I can be with the person I was cheating with, but you are still going to be just as close and treat me just as good as before minus the sex. Wait, you hate me now? I'm hurt and I thought you were more mature than that."
Why, I didn't know you were acquainted with my high school relationships. :smith:

Now for another 3 hour Tenchi Muyo/Gundam Wing cryathon...

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 1, 2019

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

Boyfriend has a friend that he is committed to financially supporting and living with for the rest of his life

Before undertaking any serious action against J, she needs to find what are his horcruxes

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
picky eaters are so frustrating because it's so legitimate, like some people just can't loving eat anything and sometimes they're really delightful people whose friends just have to accommodate their being loving impossible in this one very small aspect. my picky eater friends/family are so beautiful and so embarrassing. i want to slap them. just eat the loving thing it's just a leaf

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

is this even what we're talking about right now? oh who cares it's an evergreen topic and this thread is a mess

pick check your inbox, i love your life and universe

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

eat the fish

eat it

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

yeah this isn't a strip show. the going to the bathroom and jerking off in front of her absolutely takes it into sex act territory, really not loving cool. The mental pretzels he's stretching himself into, to attempt to equate it to a female stripper, is just painful to watch. There's no scenario this is ok - if the genders were reversed and a female stripper masturbated in front of a guy alone in a room, that would still be WAY TOO FAR.

I've always disliked 'bachlor/bachelorette' party culture because so often people abuse the fact that that they haven't had an explicit 'i'm not comfortable with X' conversation with their partner to knowingly push boundaries and bend the rules, or even straight up cheat because it's their 'last hurrah'.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

/r/relationships: She doesn't even let ME go down on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SilvergunSuperman posted:

/r/relationships: She doesn't even let ME go down on her

haha that was the best part