Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Throwing Turtles posted:

It's been blocked by PBS, which makes perfect sense for this movie I guess. I'm going to assume I AM HERE.... NOW was blocked by Better Homes and Gardens. Because sure.

Here's the Cinema Snob review. This has about 20 minutes of the movie in it. You can watch other peoples reviews of the movie and you won't see much of the same stuff. Niel Breen is truly a prophet for our time, he's just one of those prophets you will never understand. This has the ballsacks and stuff blacked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6Lb-QQoQA

hi please don't give brad jones any views, he is a terrible piece of dogshit who harasses former channel awesome members and stood by channel awesome after it came out that they protected a child predator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I'm shocked, shocked there's corruption going on here!

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1178867168693358597

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hey, I posted about one of my neighbors getting that the other day. I'm a newsman! :D

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I feel like admitting this is not a good choice, but they don't really have an good options.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1178927806354464770

Global economic crisis deepens
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1178926839240282113

Also, lol

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1178814362594746368

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's Frum, but I thought this article was pretty good
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1178872308657803264

I edited it down to the basics

Just want to point out that, technically, you don't need 67 votes to kick the bum out. You just need 2/3 of the present members to vote guilty like a dog. So if someone were to lock a few dipshits in a broom closet when it comes time to vote we could make some real history.

RandomBlue posted:

As a gen-xer, gently caress you, even if you're right.

e: God drat it, I'm old as gently caress. At least I'm not a boomer.

Personally I demand a new generational term for those of us born within a couple months of being cool millenials.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gyges posted:

Just want to point out that, technically, you don't need 67 votes to kick the bum out. You just need 2/3 of the present members to vote guilty like a dog. So if someone were to lock a few dipshits in a broom closet when it comes time to vote we could make some real history.

Personally I demand a new generational term for those of us born within a couple months of being cool millenials.

Xennials

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Oregon trail generation if your school had money for computers

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Gen x, boomer millennial... are not actual things friends. No real science supports the distinctions. They’re mostly made up by bad journalists to pretend there is some deep similarities depending on birth year, to write headline which sells, and now taken over by management consultants to sell new made up bullshit to dumb CEOs.

There aren’t any deep similarities based on birth year. It’s other things; geography, societal structure, class, race, changes in technology, changes in culture etc. and it loses all meaning when described as ‘generation’. It’s one of those things which makes intuitive sense, like race science used to for a lot of people, but it’s not because it’s actually valid, it’s because it supports your own preferences and rooted biases. Using the generational concept and pretending it’s a meaningful category and can be used to explain something/anything, is inherently reductionist, produces a catastrophic lack of nuance, and also perpetuate myths about people which leads to bigotry and feeling insecure and outside, social anxiety etc. For example, if you don’t fit into the categories the morons at Pew Institute came up with and presented as reality in order to sell more of their product, you might end up thinking that something is wrong with you, especially as idiotic journalists keep producing novelty articles about how all millennials are like this, and how that’s different from the new generation spaceforce and so on and so on.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

While I'm not optimistic about the global economy, I imagine a good chunk of Qatar's economic woes is from the economic blockade they're under.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Gyges posted:

So some coward republicans could just not show up and it would be enough?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Gen x, boomer millennial... are not actual things friends. No real science supports the distinctions. They’re mostly made up by bad journalists to pretend there is some deep similarities depending on birth year, to write headline which sells, and now taken over by management consultants to sell new made up bullshit to dumb CEOs.

There aren’t any deep similarities based on birth year. It’s other things; geography, societal structure, class, race, changes in technology, changes in culture etc. and it loses all meaning when described as ‘generation’. It’s one of those things which makes intuitive sense, like race science used to for a lot of people, but it’s not because it’s actually valid, it’s because it supports your own preferences and rooted biases. Using the generational concept and pretending it’s a meaningful category and can be used to explain something/anything, is inherently reductionist, produces a catastrophic lack of nuance, and also perpetuate myths about people which leads to bigotry and feeling insecure and outside, social anxiety etc. For example, if you don’t fit into the categories the morons at Pew Institute came up with and presented as reality in order to sell more of their product, you might end up thinking that something is wrong with you, especially as idiotic journalists keep producing novelty articles about how all millennials are like this, and how that’s different from the new generation spaceforce and so on and so on.

Boooo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're gonna do another impeachment poll a week from now and 95% of Republican voters will say "actually conspiring with foreign nations to get dirt on a political opponent is totally cool, and very legal" just like everything else Trump has done. The Republicans will never, ever abandon Trump because whatever he does pulls their voters in the same direction.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Revelation 2-13 posted:

shut up, boomer

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

exquisite tea posted:

They're gonna do another impeachment poll a week from now and 95% of Republican voters will say "actually conspiring with foreign nations to get dirt on a political opponent is totally cool, and very legal" just like everything else Trump has done. The Republicans will never, ever abandon Trump because whatever he does pulls their voters in the same direction.

It, unfortunately, does make some sense that he'll likely to attract broad swaths of support from within the GOP. What else do the Republicans have if not for Trump? What other ideas and visions for the future, even tentative ones, are being proposed by other leaders within the GOP? Even his more vocal detractors seem stuck on just saying that he needs to do less morally/criminally dubious things and adhere more to :decorum: rather than change anything more substantial.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Ague Proof posted:

Rudy is divorced from three wives and one reality.
Reality is a relative concept.

CoasterMaster posted:

https://twitter.com/vaisfourlovers/status/1178390921416601600

Debate & Discussion > USPOL Fall: Ukraine Clown Posse
Seconded.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Old James posted:

It’s like the series finale of a long running show. All the old characters show up one last time (for dumb reasons) so you can see things turned out ok for them after the actor left to be a movie star.

Roger Stone hasn't shown up yet :suspense:

trial in november with SPECIAL GUEST appearance by crowd favorite STEVE BANNON :allears:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/roger-stone-steve-bannon-trial-1510951

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Oh, OK. I guess we all overreacted.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1178799969345638400?s=20

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Trump really put Twitter squarely in front of every other social media platform, they will never limit his actions in any way.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Cable Guy posted:

Reality is a relative concept.

For Rudy, they're both relative concepts

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

Niton posted:

For Rudy, they're both relative concepts
:hfive:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

Trump really put Twitter squarely in front of every other social media platform, they will never limit his actions in any way.

I don't know about that, I don't know anyone who uses Twitter but everyone I know uses Facebook. I'm sure that's not everyone's experience but I do not think you are right about this.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Revelation 2-13 posted:

All those words you used… are not actual things. They were made up by people looking for ways to talk about things to other people using a shared vocabulary and language so that they don’t have to painstakingly describe each thing they wanted to talk about.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

g0del posted:

Which is especially dumb, because the impeachment stuff started from the Ukraine phone call/whistleblower stuff. It doesn't really have anything to do with the Russia investigation or the Mueller stuff or anything from the 2016 election.

I bet the info that would have really sunk trump in the russia investigation was in italy which is why The dragon of budapest, pompeo, and Barr are all going there to close up any lose leads.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hi please don't give brad jones any views, he is a terrible piece of dogshit who harasses former channel awesome members and stood by channel awesome after it came out that they protected a child predator

gently caress. I had no idea about this and watch him at work. Unsubscribing now. gently caress you Brad Jones, you piece of poo poo.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Boris Galerkin posted:

All those words you used… are not actual things. They were made up by people looking for ways to talk about things to other people using a shared vocabulary and language so that they don’t have to painstakingly describe each thing they wanted to talk about.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

friendbot2000 posted:

gently caress. I had no idea about this and watch him at work. Unsubscribing now. gently caress you Brad Jones, you piece of poo poo.

yeah he super sucks unfortunately. after the change the channel poo poo happened he turned into a massive piece of garbage and was especially horrible towards lupa, who had previously considered him to be one of her best friends. she posted more details in the internet critic thread as well as several series' of really depressing tweets. oh and he also fabricated being swatted for...some reason, and blamed her for it for.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178989254309011456

He's up

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Meh, this one is old news. Not only is it not representative of the 2016 election (or any other election), he was beaten to it by his moron daughter-in-law.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Meh, this one is old news. Not only is it not representative of the 2016 election (or any other election), he was beaten to it by his moron daughter-in-law.

Best part is the map it's closest to is of Nixon's re-election :v:

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

This worries me in some ways. I sincerely hope that Trump forget that he has pardon power since assassination of federal representatives is a federal crime. I wouldn't put it past him to start saying that certain reps need to be dealt with by "second amendment people"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

Best part is the map it's closest to is of Nixon's re-election :v:

Best part is the replies where all the population density maps get posted and his chud defenders go "BUH BUH BUH ELECTORAL COLLEGE, THE TRUE VOTE!!!!"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Don't wanna anger all that empty land.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178990430937067520

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

So who is he quoting here, himself?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1178988692679077888

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That means he's getting frog-marched, right?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde
:yeshaha:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Still no one's taught him how to use an apostrophe?