Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh yay, a new hand gesture for fascists to make in group photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh yay, a new hand gesture for fascists to make in group photos.

The more ways to spot a nazi or fascist, the better.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

zoux posted:

Extremely boomer to manually delete hundreds of tweets rather than use one of the many automated tweet deleting sites (which everyone should use)

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1177302006878392321

So much for Majesty.

A few months back, Google decided to fill my newsfeed with inane royal fashion reviews and won't stop no matter how many times I tell it to block all stories about the Duchess of Inbredchestershire and her friends.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Kate's a "normal" person, her husband is the inbred royal :colbert:

Normal compared to the other royals, she's still from a wealthy family and probably pretty disconnected from reality

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

buddhist nudist posted:

A few months back, Google decided to fill my newsfeed with inane royal fashion reviews and won't stop no matter how many times I tell it to block all stories about the Duchess of Inbredchestershire and her friends.

Ugh to have to see all those fashion faux pas

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bony tony posted:

More specifically, he's an evil land developer who wants to take over the local skatepark and turn it into condos, so the youth need to have a bikini carwash to raise money, and in the end he falls into a pool.

So what character will have an :rolleyes: "unexpected" face turn at the end of the impeachment and push Trump into a pool?

Paul Ryan?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/annehelen/status/1178695109690314752

https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1177411336957038592

Homeowners are extremely good.

Data Graham posted:

So what character will have an :rolleyes: "unexpected" face turn at the end of the impeachment and push Trump into a pool?

Paul Ryan?

Bolton

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1178710121649623040?s=19

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

zoux posted:

So this is what chutzpah means

Eat the rich.

Now.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

zoux posted:

Ugh to have to see all those fashion faux pas

Even if I knew anything about fashion, I don't know if the Duke if Kissingcousins is important enough to matter.

Truly none are more oppressed than I

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You certainly don't win it with George McClellan, Joe Hooker, Ambrose Burnside, or Daniel Sickles

Also since the quality of general officers was like the one thing the CSA had going for it and they didn't win, it's a bad analogy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

That's a really weird tweet to make.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ilmucche posted:

That's a really weird tweet to make.

I don't know if you can guess from the handle, but it's not that weird as far as they're concerned.

Please note that this was not a trans athlete, and it was a mixed competition with each team consisting of 2 men and 2 women.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
https://twitter.com/hihereami/status/1178708138264006657
There's an update in the comments. Lord almighty the OP is a doormat, though.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Motherfucking Terminal Liberalism right here. gently caress me running.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Always so good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/agoodygoodboy/status/1178720040029429760

Is...is that a lot

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

this is so extremely, terrifyingly specific that it has to be a sex thing

although it's Katie Hopkins so it could just be a drug thing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheKennedys posted:

this is so extremely, terrifyingly specific that it has to be a sex thing

although it's Katie Hopkins so it could just be a drug thing

Well the last Katie Hopkins drug thing turned out to be a South African white supremacist thing so, do we have to root for sex thing?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1178864568820523008

“Why, he's probably master baking up in the residence as we speak”

https://mobile.twitter.com/rad_milk/status/1178867097423601665

zoux has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Oct 1, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Tiggum posted:

You'd never set it up to speak into the top like that though. It'll work, but it's not how you're supposed to use it.

i use it like that regularly because it helps to filter out the pops.

edit- i'm looking through the yeti instruction manuals itself and i realize i'm misremembering a feature of the Shure mics i used to use. i assume that's what happened here, someone got the hipster podcast mic for name recognition and just assumed it worked like a regular mic.

edit2- in conclusion, if you don't have a pop filter talking into the top of the yeti while set to omnidirectional works fine. you can also just buy a pop filter if you lost the one you made in high school out of a coathanger and nylons, unless the only music store that carries them has a currently active blood feud going against you.

edit3- my town is complicated, okay.

PHIZ KALIFA has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Oct 1, 2019

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Lol it's not revenge it's loving self-defense.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if you can guess from the handle, but it's not that weird as far as they're concerned.

Please note that this was not a trans athlete, and it was a mixed competition with each team consisting of 2 men and 2 women.

Oh it's an anti trans thing. I didn't get that at first.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lets Pickle posted:

Lol it's not revenge it's loving self-defense.

Lol, also having them arrested for being Nazis, in Nazi controlled Europe might be a little tricky.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm really fascinated by instances of people hating and fearing the spiritual Other while also apparently proclaiming their faith that its metaphysical influence on the material world is somehow real and tangible

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Big Word posted:

I'm really fascinated by instances of people hating and fearing the spiritual Other while also apparently proclaiming their faith that its metaphysical influence on the material world is somehow real and tangible

Why wouldn't they? Just because they think their religion is correct doesn't mean that other religions aren't dangerous. If you believe in supernatural forces then it's just as likely that malevolent ones exist as benevolent, especially if your religion explicitly includes evil supernatural forces (eg. the devil).

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

My understanding is that abrahamic scripture is pretty consistent about identifying heathen beliefs and practices as specifically being "false", rather than framing them as some kind of divine force directly competing with The Lord for humanity's attention. That's how I remember it going down with the golden calf/baal/etc. I might be wrong tho!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Big Word posted:

My understanding is that abrahamic scripture is pretty consistent about identifying heathen beliefs and practices as specifically being "false", rather than framing them as some kind of divine force directly competing with The Lord for humanity's attention. That's how I remember it going down with the golden calf/baal/etc. I might be wrong tho!

Actually, the book of Exodus does have a bit where the Egyptian priests whip out some divine magic. When Moses and Aaron's staff gifted from Yahweh turns into a snake, the priests turn their own staves into snakes as well, but the Yahweh snake eats them. So at least one book thinks that other gods exist, it's just that Yahweh can kick their asses.

You might remember that moment as the villain song from The Prince of Egypt.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Also something being halal just means God's cool with it.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Nastyman posted:

Also something being halal just means God's cool with it.

These are the same people that think pork is poison to Muslims, halal is clearly a secret method of making you a brainwashed secret Muslim Plant who'll overthrow the government and implement sharia law when the signal is given.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Actually, the book of Exodus does have a bit where the Egyptian priests whip out some divine magic. When Moses and Aaron's staff gifted from Yahweh turns into a snake, the priests turn their own staves into snakes as well, but the Yahweh snake eats them. So at least one book thinks that other gods exist, it's just that Yahweh can kick their asses.

lol that rules and I'm glad to have been corrected, thank you. Never saw that movie though.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Cleretic posted:

I've never cracked open a religious book but doesn't the commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" not just imply but state there are other gods but your meant to only worship Yahweh?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tarantula posted:

I've never cracked open a religious book but doesn't the commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" not just imply but state there are other gods but your meant to only worship Yahweh?

The Bible is very explicit that there are other gods but they are inferior to Yahweh. That commandment is specifically about the Israelites not worshipping other gods, the Egyptians have their own gods.

quote:

For Yahweh is a great god, and a great king above all gods

It then goes on to say that Yahweh kicked the asses of all the Egyptian gods

quote:

Yahweh executed judgments against their gods

It goes a bit futher, essentially Yahweh is the primary god, and implicitly controls or perhaps created the other gods to rule over other people, none Israelites

quote:

the sun, the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven . . . [which] Yahweh your god has allotted to all the peoples everywhere under heaven.

The people of israel must worship Yahweh and no one else, the other gods are for other people.

It seems at some point Yahweh deposes the other gods and perhaps kills them.

quote:

[Yahweh] has taken his place in the divine council,
In the midst of the gods he passes judgment. . . .
And all of you, sons of Elyon [God Most High]
Instead like Adam you shall die,
And like one of the ‘Shining Ones’ you shall fall.”
“Arise, O Yahweh; Judge the earth!
May you take possession of all the nations!”

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

That's cool to know, do modern Jews accept the existence of other gods?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My thing with the anti-halal people is to ask them if they have ever eaten an apple, or drunk orange juice.

Coz if they have, then *gasp* they have eaten halal food! And as such are definitely muslim now in the eyes of Allah.

Knackered
Jul 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/dakami/status/1178549575746904064

Bit of background, RMS is Richard Stallman, an MIT scientist that resigned because he said that sex with minors is not always sexual assault.

Turns out RMS has been a creep for years and women have been warned to stay away from him.

So this dude is framing it as a witch hunt for "weird" people, rather than ousting known sexual predators from authoritative positions. It's such a WTF take.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Big Word posted:

lol that rules and I'm glad to have been corrected, thank you. Never saw that movie though.
its very good

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I can't decide if this is someone being an idiot, or someone who genuinely enjoys the union, but doesn't want to make an commitments in mainland Europe until he knows whether or not he'll be allowed to stay there.

https://twitter.com/FreddieBailey96/status/1177999906881052674?s=20

This isn't even a new thing what so ever. A load of brits have moved to spain "because of immigrants taking over our country" without a shred of self awareness.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Knackered posted:

https://twitter.com/dakami/status/1178549575746904064

Bit of background, RMS is Richard Stallman, an MIT scientist that resigned because he said that sex with minors is not always sexual assault.

Turns out RMS has been a creep for years and women have been warned to stay away from him.

So this dude is framing it as a witch hunt for "weird" people, rather than ousting known sexual predators from authoritative positions. It's such a WTF take.

This guy is "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS? WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE KIDS"-ing harder than basically anyone I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
RMS is that open source dev who ate loose skin from his toes right in front of everyone at a conference, right? I don’t have much trouble believing he’s a weird sex creep.