Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I need more Narko in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Burning the holy nation down is not a crime, it is in fact, the very definition of justice.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Not enough :crab:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This page is already full of heresy.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That doesn't mean we don't need more

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
All praise be to Okrab, the holy flame that rose from the depths to cleanse us of our sins.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm not sure how I feel about my character assignment

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Farewell to Crab

Let thine flame burneth bright, with this blessed body most pure

For darkness preys on the idle mind. Let us pray for the wellbeing of all mankind.
In faith.

PRAISE OKRAN!

: I made a horrible mistake.

: ... And that is why we are gonna... Wait.

For some reason saving while carrying someone, then loading the game make the carried person stand straight up.

: This is my biotrophy.

: Drop it.

Dear god rigor mortis has long since set in.

: Anyways, we are heading west. Pack up everything!

: We should probably get another pack animal.

I was struggling to find a shop that was selling bulls, thankfully I ran across some nomads.

Welcome Rockopolis! Now Lettuce has a friend. Fun fact: The bulls sold in the Holy Nation are "domesticated bulls", and their horns are clipped. This makes them do blunt damage, which is clever when you consider that the HN hates robots and blunt damage is better against them.

While on the way back, I stopped at the thieves tower and hot drat, I can make the best hiver shirt now.

: ....? Hmm?

: Criminal! Arrest them!

Oh right, I got like a 10k bounty in UC lands.

Size comparison between and elder bull and a babby bull.

: Alright, load 'im up!

: But look at how small he is, he can't hold as much as Lettuce!

: He'll learn

I load up all our construction materials, leathers, cloth, 10 of each crop, iron plates, steel bars and any research books and head out.

: Destroy! Destroy all enemies!

Yeah good luck with that bro.

Oh hey, an escaped reaver slave just happened to run past. Be free friend, the reavers are gone!

Wait what the gently caress

Well, anyways we are heading straight westwards, gonna make a slight detour to the drug farm.

A gif would explode in size trying to render like 40 characters moving, but everyone is currently slowly jogging

Because Rockopolis has 0 athletics :v: Hey, whats a better way to train athletics then making a baby bull run in an area with really swole enemies?

OK so those 2 reavers with the 1 slave I wrote off as a fluke. But now I'm seeing entire organized groups of reavers strutting around

Seriously, why the gently caress are there a bunch of reavers running around now? Up until now I haven't seen any out in the wild, and now they're running around in full force. I checked on Ark and its still owned by the Crab Raiders, as far as I know the world state hasn't changed. All the reaver camps are still owned by the south hive as well.

Anyways, heading west we come across this giant skeleton, not unlike the ones back in Obedience. Who is this skeleton?

Well the area is called Stobe's Gamble and Stobe's Garden. When you approach skeleton party members will talk about how sad this area is. The Skeleton Bandits will usually talk about the Great Stobe. Folks, this is Stobe. There are cylinders near his body, either a missile or some other ballistic was used to kill him.

: Forsaken howlers... One of many monsters said to dwell in the Forbidden Zone... They'll suck out your eyeballs and leave you blind in the Ashlands...

: A legend is just a legend. Until you've seen it with your own eyes, take the rumors lightly...

: Well, you would say that. You don't have any eyeballs.

: Of course I do.

: They're not eyeballs. I mean, what are those even made of? Pearl? Metal? Magic?

: ...

: By all means, be the first to offer up your magic "eyeballs" to the forsaken howlers. That would certainly be a welcome change to the food chain.

: *sigh*

We arrive at the border of Venge and its laser beams. On one side, laser from the sky. The other, acid water. Gonna stick with the acid water, I can navigate around that. It'll be a pain navigating this big group through the lasers.

Annoyingly, there are a lot of landbats here. Knocking everyone out. I really should've paid attention to the person exclaiming how freaking huge something is...

Oh god, a leviathan and it is PISSED.

It does manage to get stuck on some trees though :v:

It does get out though, and the party is currently running really slow because some people got broken legs and I'm gonna make them walk it off. So I have Iceblocks and Shootaboy kite the leviathan back.

God drat all these landbats are annoying.

I finally reach the drug farm, gonna take a breather cause everyone is pretty messed up.

I do take a few party members inside though...

Time to take out the security bot!

: Who's the boss, eh? Ha!

Oh god the skeleton spider is now a headcrab :gonk:

Actually I wanted to nab one of these for myself, which is why we came here.

And its not because I want to steal all this hash. That is called a happy coincidence.

I'm trying to navigate around and avoid the landbat swarms but jesus look at this poo poo.

Rough approximation of where we'll be heading next. I stop over at Flats Lagoon so we can rest on their beds.

: Where you going, traveller? Nothing for you out here, no-hive, the nearest city is a loooong way away....

: *turns around and sees Flats Lagoon 200 feet away*

: You're going to need food to survive.... we can give you food. Not free though. We can do special deal for you, no-hive.... We'll be over here if you want to trade with us, outlander. Come find us.

He had some rations which I buy... I er. May have been a bit overzealous with getting all our materials that I completely and utterly neglected to bring food *cough*

And of course, every drat bed is being used up in town.

While I wait for people to heal up, let's listen to some bar dialogue.

: There's something powerful in the Ashlands... You can feel it... And it's the only thing you don't ever want to discover.

Interesting.

: Made it past the mist ghouls yet, newbie?

: Ain't no such thing as mist ghouls....

: I was talking to the newbie! I made it past 'em, gave 'em a moonin' 'n all. Next time I'll make it all the way. Had to carry my mate back though... Lost his eyes to a howler. Couldn't leave him like that 'cause, y'know, I'm a hero like that. Squaddies though, they're dead weight. Next-

: Are you still talking?

: Nope. I got an expedition to prepare for. Got bigger things to do than lurk in a dark rum sink all day.

: Hunters these days... Too much talking, not enough walking.

: Mmhmmm...

Leaving the Flats, pictured a bunch of people swimming with a bunch of skeletons walking under them.

Detour time, I need to find some research stuff. Namely, AI cores. I'm hoping this ruin will have one or two.

Meet the Burning Forest, its actually a really nice looking area. Very green. And weirdly enough, its actually clear right now. Its called the Burning Forest because its usually always raining. Acid rain.

Even without the acid rain, this place is also full of blood spiders. Gotta keep an eye out for that.

: What the hell is that... Spiders?! Argh, always with the goddamn SPIDERS! Goddamn Narko's anus! No, that's it, I'm out. I aint going near those... things!

Satan's Onion, formerly Miu, has that backstory of witnessing a friend getting killed by blood spiders after escaping slavery. She freaks out when they're around, which can work as an early warning. Sometimes she'll even run off on her own accord.

Found the ruin, and its got around 10ish security spiders in there. I got a plan however.

I run Ibble in, since Lela is still carrying the small security bot, and drag the bots one at a time. I make a wall with out hacker users and keep the spider from AOEing anyone. I have our 2 crossbow people take shots as they walk up.

God drat, the security bot did 58 damage to Commisar Mecha, he could've done almost 100 damage with that one hit. Re-god-drat-diculous.

Aaaand then we get jumped by a bunch of blood spiders. Thats ok though, these aren't elders. Glass cannons, they are lucky to have more then 20 hp per limb.

Oh neat, some swamp raptors come around and fight the security spiders. Hey I aint complaining!

Nature has prevailed over science.

Plan worked out pretty well. And hey, those river raptors gave tainted meat that our hivers and animals can eat cause erm... yeah. Food is a problem.

I shove everyone inside the place to keep clear of future blood spiders and just... how did you guys manage this? Yeah there is a gap in the bottom right, but they wont run back out that way. I had to get people to pick them up through the wall to get them out.

I did get a little over 10 science books from this, but nothing else special. Kinda disappointed.

: So, how about a trip to the famous Dancing Skeleton while we're in the swamps? All this travels made me thirsty for a good rum...

: You can celebrate with a rum once we've made it through the swamp ninjas and the monsters lurking in the vines...

Monsters, hm. Sounds like a challenge... My sword is waiting.

: poo poo, you're always so tense, you know that? Whatever you Shek warriors are on, I want some of it.

Have I mentioned I love the party banter in this game?

Finally we come to our destination, just south of HN lands.

This particular are will do nicely.

: Load up, boys! This lot oughta have some decent loot!

Hey its our old friends, dust bandits. Remember that I had to reset important deaths to get Agnu, so they're back in force.

Anyways this one guy rushes us by his lonesome. I'll let you figure out how that worked out.

: FREEZE! You recognize these ones? Its these ones that took out Bubba.

Well Bubba was an idiot!

: poo poo, there's so many of 'em! We gotta get outta here!

Huh, I'm actually surprised that they acknowledge the numbers. What with the 10 man starving bandits deciding to rush the 40 strong swole group .

: Did we kill 'em?

Hah. Hahahaha. Ha.

While getting everything up and going I build a prisoner cage and toss that security spider on in.

Lets replace the light...

I know Mcclay asked to be a skeleton, but I just can't find any recruits. I hope being a small robot spider is an acceptable compromise!

Also dear lord the thumbnail thing isn't meant to work with normally unrecruitable monsters.

: Oi! Chumps!

These loving guys....

: Get your asses out here! Chumps! Come out and talk to your friendly neighborhood bandits! We just want to be friends! BEST of friends! Yay! Come out and talk or I'll get upset!

I can't actually talk to him for some reason. Sad, I wanted to break his jaw again.

: Now I'm upset! FORM UP FOR ATTACK!

Its cute, they think they're a threat.

Anyways, taking a look at Mcclay's stats, and hot drat. 60s.

And then proceeds to do 100-140 damage to 2 bandits with one attack. That'll do.

Later that night

: Remember me, rear end in a top hat? Or maybe you'd recognize me without the BROKEN NOSE?! We're far from being even yet, lovely measly twig man!

: Big talk from a crawling man

: Beep wins! Haaaahahabeep haha!

Now that is done, I had a backpack item for Mcclay on standby, a steel chest with a magnet. I should note that this is possible through the creatures recruit mod, which also adds these various backpack items for the different animals you can recruit.

Got the basics down for the base. I use the tier 1 walls because enemies don't bother with them if you got a gate, which is the tier 3 one right now. The unwalled parts are unclimable, so enemies will head straight for the gate down there. The idea is to be able to fire on enemies coming in from the road, up into that spot.

In the back I've set up a semiauto stone mine and an iron plate presser, and 2 tier 2 wind turbines. And to top it off: On the left side of the gate it is a swamp biome, on the right side its an arid biome. I can do rice in the swamp biome, and I'll get some hydroponics up to grow greenfruit for gohan, and cactus and wheat on the arid side for rum and grog. Though... not really needed when you consider we're rolling 400k deep from selling other people's stuff.

Oh and the raptors. The raptors in the holy nation lands are significantly weaker to their swamp brethren. Annoying assholes, they'll break right through your gates to get to your crops.

Which hilariously causes everyone to freak the gently caress out about the crops :v:

: 'ey! Get away from those crops!

: The Queen's tits! Varmints!

: Tch. Reduced to pest control...

: Goddamn swamp raptor bastards! Get off my drat farm!

: Raptors! Dammit!

: Swamp raptor!

: RAGHHH!

: Nooo! Beep's crops!

: Vile creature! Shoo, get away from there!

Fun fact: Agnu literally has a line for crops being eaten.

Part of the reason I wanted to hang around the swamp is that there is usually a higher rate of hiver recruits in the bars.

: I'm here for recruits...

: 4,000 cats for a gunner.

: You're hired.

Especially ones who start with good stats in crossbows and turrets. Guess why I want hivers...

gently caress. YES. I didn't think this would work, but it worked oh so beautifully. Look at all that space to shoot down at intruders! Since I use outposts as the lounge area, gunners will always be available to shoot down at everyone. Hahahaha, AHAHAHAHA

OK I just need to place my crossbow turrets.

... C'mon just... Just turn green. C'mon now.

Just turn green. C'mon let me put this here.

I can't put them on the first floor?! Only the second?!

Look at this! The gunner will most likely be blocked by the railing on the first floor! You know how long it took to get the 40 alloy plates for this?!

I... I'm gonna go cry now. Pick a name for our new base.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Call the base Zoning Laws Up Your rear end

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Leal posted:

Look at this! The gunner will most likely be blocked by the railing on the first floor! You know how long it took to get the 40 alloy plates for this?!

I... I'm gonna go cry now. Pick a name for our new base.

Railing Against Fate

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rail against the machines

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Rail Shooter

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Railly Great Place

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The outpost type 3 would have been better since it has no rails. https://kenshi.fandom.com/wiki/Outpost_s-III?file=Outpost_III.png You could always deconstruct the whole thing and try again

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I saw the title and heard there were crabs.

I have seen your crabs and they please me.

This is all

:crab:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Inner Heaven

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Drug Shack baby

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Crab Shack obviously.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cooked Auto posted:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Cooked Auto posted:

This.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

:smith: Robot mental health is a serious issue!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Me too, little buddy. Me too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This world of crabs and robo samurai is a convoluted one.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cooked Auto posted:

Switching vote to this

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Me too, little buddy. Me too.

How I wish that was a conversation option for CommissarMecha to take :v:

and yeah, I don't know how the new base name could be anything other than The Crab Shack (the 'The' is important :colbert:).

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

CommissarMega posted:

and yeah, I don't know how the new base name could be anything other than The Crab Shack (the 'The' is important :colbert:).

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
La la la, Crab Shack~!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Announcement: I recently got myself an oculus quest cause I've been interested into VR gaming since the year started. I got Beat Saber on it, its a rhythm where you use glow sticks to slice boxes in certain directions to the beat.

One of the songs on there?

The loving Crab Rave

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 4, 2019

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Im still reading through the updates, but I just wanted to mention that the walls being claimed by other settlements isn't a bug per se.
If you hit shift + f12 you can actually see the "Owned" radius of your settlement. Any non house building in that radius is owned by you. Anything outside the radius will not be. Plopping down any "house" type building extends this radius kind of, so if you plan to make far away walls just plop down a small shack nearby, it doesn't even have to be built! Then start building the walls around it. You can remove the shack later.

Hope this isnt already answered, thanks for the good LP though: Kenshi deserves more love and attention.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm happy I found this thread. Name our new base The Crab Shack as others have mentioned. Your playthrough has inspired me to give up Pack Beasts and start using Pack Bulls.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way, was escaped prisoners showing up to your base in UC territory begging to join your faction part of some mod or is that vanilla gameplay? Thus far my bases have only ever been in the border zone, and I've not seen any do that despite there being plenty of ex-slaves and escaped servants running around.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I believe that is a vanilla thing.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Btw you blew my mind with that tip about how that pile of boxes in ancient labs is actually 8 different containers, I have been missing out on so much loot.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How long does it take you to slap together one of those updates once you've recorded? I've had an idea for a Kenshi LP/Story for a while now but I'm not sure how much work it is actually. Videorecording obviously is much easier, but it would need a lot of hard cuts to remove the tedium and you can't spin the "roleplay" dialogue without editing etc. either.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It takes a few days, but a combination of burn out and hitting my midlife crisis has really put a stranglehold on my update schedule.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The open road has its perks but... I need action... Leader, when is our next battle?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 23, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:haw:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

sincx posted:

I just got this joke. :golfclap:

fffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

sincx posted:

I just got this joke. :golfclap:

You motherfucker. :sbahj: