Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Terfs being discussed in this thread and terfs being discussed in the Games Monthly chat thread. What is with these wretches today?

6 Pages already on day one at 10:14am? It is going to be a good month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You'd better all be this nice to me on my birthday, by the way :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

My beard is bigger than all of them.

Bit rude, what if she's reading this?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Terfs being discussed in this thread and terfs being discussed in the Games Monthly chat thread. What is with these wretches today?

You want cursed games content in here too, you say?

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1175442953155878912

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/IncelsCo/status/1178737080442204161?s=19

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Someone just tried to incinerate themselves outside Parliament.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

blessed

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

I wish I could form a sentence adequately expressing the conflicted emotions I feel about this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

At the risk of reading bad news... are they okay? :ohdear:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

My beard is bigger than all of them.
M. OwlFancier envelops TERFs in his giant beard.

I just realized that Mx Blatant sounds almost exactly like the old homophobic argument that gay men are men that hate women so much that they won't even interact with them and so they act like women and hang around other men.

Which I guess makes sense if you can only view human relationships through the lens of seething hatred from a distance rather than the idea that people might actually love one another or enjoy spending close time together.

lmao what's Braincels? I'm guessing from the name that it's incels who are convinced that the reason that they are incels is that they are "too smart, and sapiosexual, and women are dumb bitches amirite?"

Rarity posted:

When is it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I wish I could form a sentence adequately expressing the conflicted emotions I feel about this.

Apparently this is their hobby.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Apparently this is their hobby.

Late Late Stage Capitalism Adulation?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

lmao what's Braincels? I'm guessing from the name that it's incels who are convinced that the reason that they are incels is that they are "too smart, and sapiosexual, and women are dumb bitches amirite?"

Fairly sure yeah.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

It was the wink-wink-nudge-nudge replacement after r/incels was banned for incitement of violence.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I forget how incels feel about volcels, I think they are utterly incensed by them?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Necrothatcher posted:

Link? Or is it eye witness stuff?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/chunkymark/status/1178912804230881280

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I started seeing a bunch of get ready for Brexit ads on the telly last night, they seem covnicned Oct 31st we're going

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

VideoGames posted:

LMAOuch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is this what set terfs off?

https://twitter.com/ChristineH_2017/status/1178948292358672385?s=20

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So rather than go for the spousal visa for the wife our new lawyers (provided by the company) advised us entirely the opposite of our last ones saying we should go for EU resettlement as we're likely to get a response in 5 days and it should be easy since we have a shitload of proof of us "making the EU a home for ourselves"

I asked what would happen if we do it in November and brexit has happened and she said not to worry about brexit as "nobody here believes it's going to happen in October" at that point they said she'll get 6 months in the UK and they'll help her with the right to remain stuff after that "it's all a bit new and complex but it shouldnt be too bad, we're just not sure how long that will take"

Considering she's a type 1 diabetic and will actually just die if this all goes tits up I'm having a hard time putting my faith in the laissez fair attitude of 'nah it probably won't happen'

I know there are a few folks here doing the settled status guff. Any thoughts?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Apropos of nothing I listened to "The Man From The Daily Mail" for the first time and 1. it's maddeningly catchy and 2. is 100% applicable to today 3. is funny as poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Flipswitch posted:

I started seeing a bunch of get ready for Brexit ads on the telly last night, they seem covnicned Oct 31st we're going

They have been turning up on podcasts I listen to as well. It's odd.

Guavanaut posted:

Perhaps it actually means bra incels. I have no idea what that means but I'm sure we can come up with something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I read a page of that Braincels thread and my brain has dribbled out of my ears, send help

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jedit posted:

Link? Or is it eye witness stuff?

I was there - the guy was jumped by police before he lit himself up. I can't look up a link right now but you should be able to find it on Twitter.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The only shame is that Tories never feel shame.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

OwlFancier posted:

Apropos of nothing I listened to "The Man From The Daily Mail" for the first time and 1. it's maddeningly catchy and 2. is 100% applicable to today 3. is funny as poo poo.

"And I'm frowning at the beards as I'm pandering to TERFS, says The Man From The Daily Mail."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

I was there - the guy was jumped by police before he lit himself up. I can't look up a link right now but you should be able to find it on Twitter.

Okay, phew. Had hoped they got to them before they could go through with it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/markdistef/status/1178965711311511552?s=21

Well then.

Also, lol:

https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1178955573137727488?s=21

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mebh posted:

So rather than go for the spousal visa for the wife our new lawyers (provided by the company) advised us entirely the opposite of our last ones saying we should go for EU resettlement as we're likely to get a response in 5 days and it should be easy since we have a shitload of proof of us "making the EU a home for ourselves"

I asked what would happen if we do it in November and brexit has happened and she said not to worry about brexit as "nobody here believes it's going to happen in October" at that point they said she'll get 6 months in the UK and they'll help her with the right to remain stuff after that "it's all a bit new and complex but it shouldnt be too bad, we're just not sure how long that will take"

Considering she's a type 1 diabetic and will actually just die if this all goes tits up I'm having a hard time putting my faith in the laissez fair attitude of 'nah it probably won't happen'

I know there are a few folks here doing the settled status guff. Any thoughts?

Have proof of 5 years of continuous residence, there's a list of accepted documents on gov uk you can google.

Also you'll be denied and have to appeal unless you have continous tax records for 5 years (income or council tax), this happened to people who have been here over 29 years, also myself and other people to itt.

If you're fine with pre-settlement (which you may or may not if you have complex circumstances) then it's not so bad.

This is all assuming you're talking about the settlement scheme rather than permanent residence, while I have an idea about the latter it's very limited, beyond it being a bitch to get in the UK.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Necrothatcher posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCRadioLondon/status/1178979643870842885

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Mebh posted:

Visa stuff

I'm also a bit unsure of my status at the moment - I'm a non-EU family member of an EU citizen with a residence permit that's good until 2022. Anyone know if I actually have to do anything here or am I all good since I got the card in 2017. Also unsure if my partner has to do anything - she's Irish so that would remove the need for her to register, but I'm here on her EU status and blaaaaah this is complicated. For info, she's Irish and I'm a kiwi.

I guess the answer is no one here knows cos not even the government knows.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

When is it?

19th so mark it down in your diaries now

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

TERFism is fascism and should be fought like any other kind of fascism:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXCyDanffrw

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

el dingo posted:

I'm also a bit unsure of my status at the moment - I'm a non-EU family member of an EU citizen with a residence permit that's good until 2022. Anyone know if I actually have to do anything here or am I all good since I got the card in 2017. Also unsure if my partner has to do anything - she's Irish so that would remove the need for her to register, but I'm here on her EU status and blaaaaah this is complicated. For info, she's Irish and I'm a kiwi.

I guess the answer is no one here knows cos not even the government knows.

You're in the same situation as my partner. They're Puerto Rican, and have the residency card due to my being an EU citizen. They've applied for the EU Settlement Scheme, and that's all you should need I think

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

At the risk of reading bad news... are they okay? :ohdear:
Apparently the lighter didn't work before someone sprayed them with a fire extinguisher:
https://news.sky.com/story/man-douses-himself-with-flammable-liquid-outside-parliament-11824437

Rarity posted:

Huh, mine's on the 21st. There usually aren't a whole lot of people whose birthday falls in late October.

Also, salutations and felicitations on becoming a whole year older in a single day, MsAdequate :comfyoot:

EDIT: hosed up my post a bit, it should make more sense now.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 1, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Swinson being predictably poo poo news:

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1178784631895842818?s=21

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

In fairness to them, this is the bare minimum I would expect given that we're currently set to leave in a month.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is a fantastic article in the Graun https://twitter.com/davies_will/status/1178905501519826944

He talks about how the intellectual hollowing of the Tories progressed from 1986, and rightly calls out the media's wagon-circling around Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

one of our only viable industries is arms trafficking and i imagine there's a few MPs who are ready to eat a bullet knowing the houthis are probably up for conquering KSA any day now, lol. won't someone think of the fully comped trips to the riyadh hilton.