Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178984236524675072?s=19

Lol he felt this was really important to tweet about.

The cart is a metaphor for this country

The beverage cart is out of control, and there's no driver at the wheel
And the tweets are all muddied with a thousand lonely boomer memes
And a dark wind blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

friendbot2000 posted:

A rare good Trump tweet

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How many times has the so-called president used the phrase "so-called whistleblower" because when I saw that tweet I thought I was having deja-vu for a moment.

I sort of can't get over it. He can't go a moment without being a petty, childish, name-calling man-child.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

friendbot2000 posted:

Is this the trump version of a charm offensive

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

teen witch posted:

Moby is loving wretched, good views on trimp or not.

I'm going to be real with you friend, I haven't even thought of moby's existence in a great many years.

he's not loving kids or something like that these days is he?

cuz when weapon of choice comes on in the waiting room while I'm getting my oil changed, the desire to get down is strong.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 1, 2019

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

bird cooch posted:

I'm going to be real with you friend, I haven't even thought of mobis existence in a great many years.

cuz when weapon of choice comes on in the waiting room while I'm getting my oil changed, the desire to get down is strong.

Isnt Weapon of Choice from Fat Boy Slim?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Sir Lemming posted:

LIDL Adam Schiff vs. ALDI president's men

Thank you.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Meh, this one is old news. Not only is it not representative of the 2016 election (or any other election), he was beaten to it by his moron daughter-in-law.

I missed this, but that's a red/blue of racial makeup. Look at where the blue areas are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that is a good song but isn't moby (maybe you're thinking "southside"?) and he's a huge creep and claimed that he dated natalie portman (she characterized it as an older man trying to date someone barely out of high school).

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Tempest815 posted:

Isnt Weapon of Choice from Fat Boy Slim?

I was trying to make a joke.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

evilweasel posted:

that feels like someone stuck a funny video in front of him to try to distract him

I feel like we're about a month out from Trump retweeting Funwaa memes while witnesses in the impeachment hearings shout at congresspeople like Jack Nicholson

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1178987940749463553

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Bro...you released concrete proof that he was right.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/MeetMckayla/status/1176621863713288194?s=19

Speaking of Democrats. Dont forget that one of the suckiest dems is being primraried and you should donate to Mckayla Wilkes because she is cool and good.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Bro...you released concrete proof that he was right.

They're arguing like they never released the call summary.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Ice Phisherman posted:

I know a lot of people who basically want anyone in power who will defeat Trump. They don't care who it is.

The problem is with this mode of thinking is that they'll accept anyone if the next person allows them to ignore politics again. For them to be lulled to sleep once more. They desire a life devoid of conflict and by not choosing people who will resolve suffering, we're just kicking the can down the road. That unless they choose someone who will resolve the problems of everyday people, the conflict will never be resolved. It will only be delayed, and only maybe. That if they truly want to go back to their comfortable life, they must go out of their way to extend comfort and aid to others. And the idea just bounces off them, as if it's totally alien and empathy is bizarre.

And by people, I mean the white liberal, the so called moderate. One of their most defining traits is the desire for the absence of conflict. Not peace, or at least nothing healthy, but negative peace. That moment where someone is done kicking you and they tell you not to get up. The white liberal is satisfied with that, or if not, they'll tell you to wait for your time, incremental change is best, be patient. And all you want to do is break the leg of the person who kicked you. But as soon as you stand up for yourself they'll start screaming about violence, despite the threat of violence being everpresent.

I used to be one of these people and I am disgusted with myself in the same way that I'm disgusted with the white liberal. That incremental change, little tweaks, long policies, are loving horrible and demeaning to people who are suffering right now. That people in dire need don't need help ten years from now if they're patient, and only maybe, and only a little. They need capital H help right now. Not later. Now. And the white liberal will jump on the backs of people willing to deal with their bullshit and will weigh them down, forever whispering that if they're good, they might get their rights later. But only if they're reeeeeeally good.

These people need a kicking to understand what that poo poo feels like. That tension when the kicks stop coming. For someone to be satisfied with their lack of response, or perhaps mildly guilty. For someone to tell them that freedom is a long, arduous process of tiny, incremental change. That their rules are best and that revolutionary change is unthinkable nonsense, and they'll loudly proclaim it so, or perhaps whisper it.

Anything to preserve their comfort.

I have to say, I find this sort of commentary frustrating.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to find comfort in life. We all want relief from the stresses of our lovely jobs, our overpriced rent/childcare/healthcare and numerous ways that capitalism continuously fucks us over. That essay on burnout a while back talks about this. Then you mix in the stresses of dealing with your own chronic health issues or caring for the issues of your loved ones or the lovely combination of stagnant wages, rising rents and student debt and that's just all the normal, localized, day to day poo poo. Then you mix in all the poo poo from the President on top of that? Isn't comfort what we're all fighting for, isn't it the whole point?

Most people just want a break. Most people just want the madness to stop. Folks want to live their lives in peace. No poo poo they don't want conflict, no one wants conflict. That doesn't make you evil or selfish, it makes you human. The number of times I've had to sit down with someone suffering a panic attack over this poo poo has gone up dramatically in the past few years. We all have stories like these, where bank accounts went negative or medicine was hard to get or folks had to make hard choices about finding somewhere to live or not being able to have kids. I bolded a section above because you clearly understand that folks need help, but most of the people you're decrying as "white, moderate liberals" are like the vast majority of us, people who in some way need help.

Sure, gently caress the rich assholes on TV and in the newspapers that are actually holding us back. gently caress them hard and gently caress them often. But that's not most folks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guze posted:

yeah it's the weirdest thing about all the gop attempts at defending it. they only make any sense in a world where the white house never released the summary.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guze posted:

He's trying to rewrite reality again. :tinfoil:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Data Graham posted:

I feel like we're about a month out from Trump retweeting Funwaa memes while witnesses in the impeachment hearings shout at congresspeople like Jack Nicholson
Yelling “covfefe” between sobs.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

lol. "Safety move". The safe thing to do would have been for everybody to run the gently caress away. The airplane nose would have stopped the cart just as well as the tug. What that guy did was put his life in mortal danger to protect an expensive airplane that is undoubtedly insured.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The issue is the total lack of actual ability to enforce an inherent contempt charge without cooperation from the executive.

It isn't much of a threat if "lol no" is an option.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah it's the weirdest thing about all the gop attempts at defending it. they only make any sense in a world where the white house never released the summary.

It's not weird at all. They have realized fact their base doesn't want to think, they want to be told what to think. And trigger the libs.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

pacerhimself posted:

I'm shocked that the loving dumbest and most wildly incompetent person in the world was elected president. I'm in awe of how absolutely loving dumb this man is, every day.

Something that I didn't realize until a Facebook post alerted me to it is that his use of the spelling Liddle when referring to Schiff isn't just him being a complete fuckwit. There's some PizzaGate-wannabe conspiracy chuds are trying to get out there saying that he's connected to some secret group of child molesters that operate under the name of the Liddle Kidz Foundation. Fucker is sending signals alluding to this poo poo right out in the open, and it's something that goes right over the heads of most people because it's easy to assume it's just President Mushbrain not knowing what words are. Jesus christ.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

This, combined with the new 'keep America great' video released yesterday, are the first in what I assume will be a retargeted offensive to push Trump as a jovial, likable, and misunderstood figure with a heart of gold who can connect with people under 60. They're all going to be loving insufferable in new, exciting ways. Buckle up for bullshit!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

lurker2006 posted:

You don't need the white descriptor.

Yes, they loving do. White Liberals wont move a goddamn finger to change anything unless something threatens their carefully maintained status quo of smiling warmly at minorities while they step on their necks. Read up on MLK speeches my dude, our primary enemy isnt just fascists, it is white librrals and white centrists who do everything in their power to enable and support oppressive systems.

Dont be so fragile and confront what I am assuming by your comment is your white privilege.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Moby? More like Mob-eoliberalism!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Inferior Third Season posted:

lol. "Safety move". The safe thing to do would have been for everybody to run the gently caress away. The airplane nose would have stopped the cart just as well as the tug. What that guy did was put his life in mortal danger to protect an expensive airplane that is undoubtedly insured.

"Safety" has always meant "protect the things the corporation finds valuable".

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

This, combined with the new 'keep America great' video released yesterday, are the first in what I assume will be a retargeted offensive to push Trump as a jovial, likable, and misunderstood figure with a heart of gold. They're all going to be loving insufferable in new, exciting ways. Buckle up for bullshit!

Trump truly is the most misunderstood president of our (inaudible)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

bird cooch posted:

Close! He apparently waits until they turn 18 and then tries to date them.

(This is what he did to Natalie Portman, who he claimed in his book to have dated when she was 20 and she came out and was like “nah we didn’t date and I was 18 and stopped hanging out with him because I realized he was a creepy old guy that wanted to date an 18 year old.”)

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The issue is the total lack of actual ability to enforce an inherent contempt charge without cooperation from the executive.

It isn't much of a threat if "lol no" is an option.

What about bypassing the federal executive and jumping right to the state of New York? Think the NYAG would want to get involved?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

karthun posted:

What about bypassing the federal executive and jumping right to the state of New York? Think the NYAG would want to get involved?
gently caress if I know how that would work. Can a state enforce that? I would assume they'd need a court order to affect an arrest.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

karthun posted:

Not in their jurisdiction. The way the House would enforce inherent contempt is sending their own guy to arrest him. Though NY might find some way to cooperate in providing some muscle to the Sergeant-at-arms who is the guy supposed to bag Rudy and drag him into the House but was probably not hired and staffed with the need to do that in mind.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1179026159926939649

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Missed opportunity to label the blue boxes spilling out "Crimes" 0/5

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/Jack_Burkman/status/1179032816081915904

obviously there's a very good chance that this collapses just like everything else this idiot does, but someone might have fed him the correct name

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

This, combined with the new 'keep America great' video released yesterday, are the first in what I assume will be a retargeted offensive to push Trump as a jovial, likable, and misunderstood figure with a heart of gold who can connect with people under 60. They're all going to be loving insufferable in new, exciting ways. Buckle up for bullshit!

Begun, the Meme Wars have (I'm sorry)

Also lol at making the rotting geriatric Orange that doesn't care if most people under 50 die as more "appealing to the youths"

This will end well :allears:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

evilweasel posted:

obviously there's a very good chance that this collapses just like everything else this idiot does, but someone might have fed him the correct name

lmao

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

(closes eyes, points at phone book) Hmm, Navin R. Johnson, whistleblower.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

evilweasel posted:

Do these guys ever do anything besides have sleepovers at Jack's house and announce "press conferences" that only like Will Somner attends for giggles?

Also, isn't Berkman sheltering a fugitive?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Tulsi should quit the presidential race and focus on keeping her day job.

Actually, no she shouldn't. Keep running!

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/1179031294333861890