Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1179018533256257537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

^^^^ Get a load of this guy

When you own the rights to the likeness, but couldn't get Arnold to record voice lines :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCn0r1amyN4

"Yeah we're gonna need you to recreate the Terminator 'dun-nun nun na-nun' noise, but it can't sound like it... we couldn't get the rights."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Tired: Gun for a Head

Wired: MOTHER loving CHAINSAWS FOR HEAD AND ARMS THAT YOU CAN USE TO MURDER SICK rear end DEMONS FROM HELL

This is a noir version of the rpg Digital Devil Saga.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Over There posted:

You're in for a treat. Everything coming up is a masterpiece.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, and have 0 idea what's in the expansions so I'll be going into them blind.

Still can't believe my good friend Urianger got owned like this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

When you own the rights to the likeness, but couldn't get Arnold to record voice lines :allears:

"Yeah we're gonna need you to recreate the Terminator 'dun-nun nun na-nun' noise, but it can't sound like it... we couldn't get the rights."

This reminds me of Star Wars Battlefront 2 where they had the same issue lol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's especially funny since Gears 5 actually did manage to get Linda Hamilton to voice Sarah Connor

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my foot hurts and i have to do a lot of walking today

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hey at least they got Keith David back to voice Spawn again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was thinking "well he doesn't sound THAT bad" but it's probably because I've got Dmitri Vegas + Ronda Rousey whiplash.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

oddium posted:

it's not quite what you're after op but if you're interested in a cyberpunk dystopia look into "Ready Player One"

man you must really hate LawfulWaffle

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

oddium posted:

it's not quite what you're after op but if you're interested in a cyberpunk dystopia look into "Ready Player One"

Please don't encourage anyone to do this.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

LawfulWaffle posted:

Book chat: I know there's a book barn subforum but I'll ask here first: what are some good horror anthologies? I recently finished Stephen King's Night Shift and I have Skeleton Crew on hold at my library, but I'm looking for more to add to my reading list. I really like short form fiction although I haven't read as much of it as I would have liked, so if you have a favorite collection please share it! Right now I'm reading a collection that my college friend had published; she wrote them when she was in school and I've had the book for years but I never read it, probably because I was jealous of her talent (a real Motzart/Salieri situation), but it's good so far. I'll make a proper plug for it once I finish, but until then please give me your recs.

Not an anthology, but if you haven't read The Willows by Algernon Blackwood, it's an all-time great horror story and it's a novella. I think you can probably find it free in the public domain.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

call me when he writes ready player two

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Tired: Gun for a Head

Wired: MOTHER loving CHAINSAWS FOR HEAD AND ARMS THAT YOU CAN USE TO MURDER SICK rear end DEMONS FROM HELL

Chainsawman is the best. Seriously, read this :allears:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Oxxidation posted:

north american lake monsters and wounds, both from nathan balingrud

scorch atlas by blake butler

we live inside you by jeremy robert johnson

songs for the unraveling of the world by brian evenson

teatro grottesco by thomas ligotti

growing things by paul tremblay

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Not an anthology, but if you haven't read The Willows by Algernon Blackwood, it's an all-time great horror story and it's a novella. I think you can probably find it free in the public domain.
Thank you! Was able to add most of these. Scorch Atlas and Teatro Grottesco aren't in my library's network, but I've made a note of them for later. The Willows is listed in the library system but since it's in the public domain they just have a link to the ebook, but that's still handy because I can queue it up for later.

oddium posted:

I read it before it became a movie and I thought it was very dumb.

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to sunday morning cartoons and john hughes movies. it was rad."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Thank you! Was able to add most of these. Scorch Atlas and Teatro Grottesco aren't in my library's network, but I've made a note of them for later. The Willows is listed in the library system but since it's in the public domain they just have a link to the ebook, but that's still handy because I can queue it up for later.

I read it before it became a movie and I thought it was very dumb.

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to sunday morning cartoons and john hughes movies. it was rad."

scorch atlas is my gold-star recommendation but it's not easy to get ahold of

apparently the kindle version is like $25 in australia or something? makes no sense to me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
While we're on books, I know it's probably trite at this point, but House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski is a really good horror story too. Though having the actual physical book is probably necessary.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

many many years ago i preordered a kindle version of house of leaves more out of curiosity how they'd pull it off than anything and forgot about it until something like 3 years later when i received a refund and a brief e-mail basically saying "yeah gently caress it what were we thinking trying to make an e-version of this book"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samuringa posted:

The DLC isn't even out. Its going to get much larger.

The DLC isn't unlocked, all the data is delivered in app patches. When you buy the expansion you get a license that makes a chunk of it accessible.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Has there been any gameplay footage of Outer Worlds?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3cRpYGVPsU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Why are we discussing TERFS and transphobes in the Game Chat thread?

Both those kinds of people are awful and banned from chatting with us about the fun games that are out and about. If either of those adjectives describes you, then please do not share your views on transwomen here in the thread.

(Reader Beware! Bloody TERFS are over there!)

Sometimes they make video games, which is why I posted about how the devs of Heartbeat are currently pandering to said TERFs and transphobes by making a joke about the high suicide attempt rate of trans people to sell their god awful game.

Some days I wish goons could actually get poo poo done like they did when they hosed over reddit's pedophilia boards, but I feel like asking goons here if you could maybe report this to Steam and other platforms the game is being sold on such as itch.io would just result in nothing because no one has any energy whatsoever anymore.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh poo poo I forgot about outer world's, and the fact that it's going to be on gamepass

Gamepass continues to pay dividends

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

While we're on books, I know it's probably trite at this point, but House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski is a really good horror story too. Though having the actual physical book is probably necessary.

That book left me with a real sense of unease. I should read over the SparkNotes for it because I'm sure I didn't fully grasp the layer-on-layers plot but it's bold and one-of-a-kind and I would recommend it to anyone vaguely interested.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shartbeat

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about outer world's, and the fact that it's going to be on gamepass

Gamepass continues to pay dividends

I try to make it a point to mention that many of the same people that made Fallout New Vegas also worked on this game. It's essentially a spiritual sequel to that game. Game is going to be incredibly good in other words.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oooooh yessssss- hope it's good! Sank a ton of hours into Fallout NV back in the day

Meanwhile I've installed the new power supply in my PC after my 10-year old one gave up after trying to overclock some stuff to match up with my new video card. Pop, sizzle, burning smell, the whole bit- couldn't power the system under any sort of load after that. Thankfully new one is in and everything appears to be fine.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I tried to get into DK69 but there were just too many bananas

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Oxxidation posted:

scorch atlas is my gold-star recommendation but it's not easy to get ahold of

apparently the kindle version is like $25 in australia or something? makes no sense to me

I actually just bought scorch Atlas, it was like 6$ but it's a used copy via Amazon

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://twitter.com/CHVRCHES/status/1179004894612742144?s=20

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Infinitum posted:

Looks like a pretty good character though, like all the things I liked about Jax back in MK2 plus a teleport move.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

October gaming plan: Shadow Hearts, Haunting ground, maybe a fatal frame. What's the best fatal frame?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

video games are bad

https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed/status/1179020986722729984?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ummmmm this is super awesome! Churches is a great band. I like knowing about Kojimas taste in music more then I do his movies. He has introduced me to a lot of bands and artists.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm going to play luigi's mansion probably

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gold frames of course

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

In Training posted:

October gaming plan: Shadow Hearts, Haunting ground, maybe a fatal frame. What's the best fatal frame?
The only I played was 2 and it was great, so I'm gonna say 2.

I said come in! posted:

Ummmmm this is super awesome! Churches is a great band. I like knowing about Kojimas taste in music more then I do his movies. He has introduced me to a lot of bands and artists.
:yeah:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Good to see Jabba the Hutt out there getting voiceover work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hell yeah chvrches rules.