Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Whalley posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Now_games

Everything PS4 and PS2 can be downloaded, save like... maybe one or two titles? There's a lot. Like, I think there's around 6-700ish games you can download.

e: But, I just found out from that list they removed the very weird and cool PS3 game El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron so that fuckin' sucks. Asura's Wrath, the wildest PS3 game, is still on the service, thankfully, but no El Shaddai anymore makes me sad.

That's a very impressive list. Now that iOS supports the DS4 I wonder if they'll bring it to that - I'd subscribe for sure if they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Fix posted:

How much did you get for it?

5 bucks :frogc00l:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
How is the TLOU multiplayer, now that it's out with October's PS+? What kind of advantages are gained by paying (I won't) for weapons and gear? Is there a newbie guide worth listening to for those who want to jump right in despite veterans getting ready to wet their dicks? Is it less toxic than L4D2 versus?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 1, 2019

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

How is the TLOU multiplayer, now that it's out with October's PS+? What kind of advantages are gained by paying (I won't) for weapons and gear? Is there a newbie guide worth listening to for those who want to jump right in despite veterans getting ready to wet their dicks? Is it less toxic than L4D2 versus?

The starting revolver and the burst rifle are the best weapons in the game, but all the weapons are good at different things. I would buy the weapon packs for the Enforcer, a solid pistol in any class, and the grenade launcher, because it's hilarious.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Whalley posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Now_games

Everything PS4 and PS2 can be downloaded, save like... maybe one or two titles? There's a lot. Like, I think there's around 6-700ish games you can download.

e: But, I just found out from that list they removed the very weird and cool PS3 game El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron so that fuckin' sucks. Asura's Wrath, the wildest PS3 game, is still on the service, thankfully, but no El Shaddai anymore makes me sad.

Wait wait wait, where the hell have I been. How did I miss the part where you can download games? That’s an impressive list for $10 a month.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Wait wait wait, where the hell have I been. How did I miss the part where you can download games? That’s an impressive list for $10 a month.
It's cool! You've just been hanging out on the bit of online that says PS Now is hot garbage, which to be fair, if you couldn't download stuff and it cost you $20/mo and you were in a place with bad latency, it would be hot garbage. It just hasn't been garbage for a while, and this price cut makes it an amazing service.

A lotta folk online ignored it when they announced you could download games because "lol ps now i cant believe they're still trying to make that work" but it's super good.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Whalley posted:

It's cool! You've just been hanging out on the bit of online that says PS Now is hot garbage, which to be fair, if you couldn't download stuff and it cost you $20/mo and you were in a place with bad latency, it would be hot garbage. It just hasn't been garbage for a while, and this price cut makes it an amazing service.

A lotta folk online ignored it when they announced you could download games because "lol ps now i cant believe they're still trying to make that work" but it's super good.

I always just glossed over posts about it because I didn’t have interest in a streaming game service but I might have to try it for that price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

It’s great. The community was always really cool although I haven’t played in over a year. There is a handful of DLC weapons but they are mostly balanced well with the base weapons, with the exception of the tactical shotgun which is infamously slightly OP. The game came out before DLC was highway robbery though, so you can get all of the DLC weapons for about 5 bux if you choose to. Everything else is cosmetic except a couple of perks I think.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So is the PS3 streaming of PS Now hot garbage or does it actually work for games like Metal Gear Rising or Ninja Gaiden

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WaltherFeng posted:

So is the PS3 streaming of PS Now hot garbage or does it actually work for games like Metal Gear Rising or Ninja Gaiden

That is wholly dependent on your internet connection, not the service itself. If you've got a proper fibre path all the way to Sony, it'd work properly. If you've got copper mixed in there, :rolldice:.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Might have to look into PSNow with the price and with the new understanding that games can be downloaded. I thought it was all streaming remotely, downloading makes it cool.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I got a little excited about downloading PS2 games, but the selection is all of 20 games, none of which I'm interested in. I think I have more and better PS2 games sitting in a closet somewhere.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Are they playable offline after being downloaded like the Ps+ games?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

some of the dlc weapons in tlou are kind of pay to win but on the other hand as mentioned the burst rifle is a starting weapon and possibly still the best weapon you can get, you can one shot anyone with a burst from it

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

I nearly finished Ninja Gaiden over it last time I had a sub and I'm in pretty lovely NC suburban internet. I have no idea if this would be an enjoyable experience for you but I liked it.

Hector Delgado posted:

Are they playable offline after being downloaded like the Ps+ games?
Yeah, just make sure you can reconnect once a week to verify

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Ah, I see. Thank you.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

ALERT ALERT ALERT

EVERYBODY'S GOLF DLC IS ON SALE

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I didn't put my golf DLC on sale! Who authorized this!?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so they fired the e3 guy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kurtofan posted:

so they fired the e3 guy

Mr. Caffeine? THE HOOP GAWD?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t play MK11 but this owns so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx6jfeIaL6k

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mr. Caffeine? THE HOOP GAWD?

Shawn something president of sony america or something

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

rabidsquid posted:

some of the dlc weapons in tlou are kind of pay to win but on the other hand as mentioned the burst rifle is a starting weapon and possibly still the best weapon you can get, you can one shot anyone with a burst from it

Nothing is pay to win in Factions, because the best weapon is a piece of sharpened metal.

Kurtofan posted:

so they fired the e3 guy

Everyone knows the real E3 guy is YOSP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy9ysMJdoVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUY6qXiLFXA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

One of the greatest things about Factions was that, in addition to being brilliantly concieved and ballanced, it made TLOU feel like "the complete package." Not to mention that all the exploits in factions were so intimately tied to the themes and mechanics of the main single player game that it made those aspects all the more legitimate and bracing within the framework of the multiplayer, even down to the art assets, even down to the voice acting cues. FML

I love the story in TLOU, I think it's riveting and groundbreaking; despite the fact that Factions was developed out of the germ of that great single player narrative it's actually the better half of the package in the end.

CF kind of got the gist of it, but I'll say that it's not too simulation, not too arcade-y, nor too twitchy. It's a remarkable blend of competitive multiplayer ideas that are paired down to their most essential components and shined into a diamond. The on-the-fly menus are incredibly spare yet always intuitive and present at a touch, the focus on body animation and facial expressions means that the combat feels savage, personal, and incredibly jarring, and the short-term currency system for round-by-round gear upgrades pairs well with a rubber-banding mechanic that more often than not makes the final seconds of a competitive match a complete grab-bag of nailbiting opportunities for either side.

It's a multiplayer game without many explosions or musical cues at all, so the focus on listening or looking for indications of sound, shadow, or little exposed pieces of clothing around corners yields cat-and-mouse style bobbing and weaving that eventually breaks down into all out grubby fist-to-face, bat-to-head, and shiv-to-rib chaotic freestyles of dishonorable conduct. There's an entire system of advantages/disadvantages to spotting enemies for your team, because spotting can often end up revealing your own location due to automatic passive voice cues, and there is a remarkable emphasis on support roles for the pacifists out there who just want to be medics and crafters.

Character selection is always randomized and the voice acting is universally excellent, colorful, and full of bad language and bad feels, which keeps things novel time after time. In addition to all this the controls are tight yet slow and deliberate like a fighting game, where inputs can be buffered and everything takes time accomplish and has real consequences. There's a tangible sense of fear to crafting poo poo on the fly, because then the FOV pulls right in while you're looking at your backpack, your character takes their eye off the horizon and all of a sudden you are vulnerable to being ninja-shivved by a dude hiding next to that pile of logs.

It's sublime.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is TLOU online purely PVP? Or is there any Co op PvE?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just PVP

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tell yourself the opponents are bots, it makes it easier

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Rolo posted:

I don’t play MK11 but this owns so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx6jfeIaL6k

That’s the worst Arnold Schwarzenegger imitation I’ve ever heard.

But yes, it still owns.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

Shawn something president of sony america or something

Aka the worst stage presenter

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I knew I'd eventually get to play the last of us if I never bought it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well this came out of left field for me, is anyone playing Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2? It is a free to play competitive game, so it probably sucks, but thought I would ask. I am going to download it anyways and will report back if no one else does.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

I said come in! posted:

Well this came out of left field for me, is anyone playing Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2? It is a free to play competitive game, so it probably sucks, but thought I would ask. I am going to download it anyways and will report back if no one else does.

I'm going to download it after work as well. My guess is that it is going to be bad but might be fun for a little bit just to see.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Billy Gnosis posted:

I'm going to download it after work as well. My guess is that it is going to be bad but might be fun for a little bit just to see.

Exactly, I have to check out any Gundam game we get because America gets so few. I know Japan gets swarmed with this IP for video games, but we get a new Gundam game like once or twice each console generation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I played a good chunk of the Japanese version, its Okay. As far as Gundam games go there are definitely better ones, partly because it takes a fairly simulation approach to Gundam so its a really slow and weighty game (some suits are more maneuverable than others), but also its just kind of a clunky and janky game in general. It plays a bit like Gundam World of Tanks I guess?

It is extremely F2P though, in the worst ways.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you want an actually good multiplayer robot game on PS4 though, get on the JP store and get yourself Border Break

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

If you want an actually good multiplayer robot game on PS4 though, get on the JP store and get yourself Border Break

Two things; does this have an english text option, and can you play private matches against bots to practice?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It does not, but it has a single player campaign

I think there might be a good English wiki that translates stuff, once you know what the icons and some of the stats mean there's not much else to it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Medullah posted:

Is TLOU online purely PVP? Or is there any Co op PvE?

haveblue posted:

Tell yourself the opponents are bots, it makes it easier

It's Player Vs Tourist, and tourists are lower than dogs so I don't bat an eye when I have to nailbat a skull.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Just preordered TLOU2.

GET HYPE (in like 142 days) BITCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really liked GBO2 when the Asian English version came out some months ago and played it for awhile but as most JP online robot games go they eventually figured out a meta that was the best way to play and then it got really tedious to play against.