Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

josh04 posted:

Dawn on the first day!

- 745 hours remain until Brexit -

He looks like the evil version of Patrick Moore

e: Have an old pic of my first cat, RIP :gbsmith:

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

excited to see boris cry and piss his pants tomorrow at pmqs

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

E: i'm dumb and misread lol

he definitely hosed a ship though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

excited to see boris cry and piss his pants tomorrow at pmqs

Nah bojo loves PMQs I think it's the only bit of being a pm he really does enjoy

He gets to be the centre of attention, banter at everyone and nobody is allowed to call him a liar or follow up on his nonsense, it must be like being back in the good old days for him

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
lmao but also ffs

https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1179013539685654528?s=19

i know i mostly use twitter because insane galaxy brain takes make me hard but joe glenton is a genuinely good lad, ex squaddie who went AWOL for years because gently caress the british army, 10/10 follow

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

lmao but also ffs

https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1179013539685654528?s=19

i know i mostly use twitter because insane galaxy brain takes make me hard but joe glenton is a genuinely good lad, ex squaddie who went AWOL for years because gently caress the british army, 10/10 follow

"Campbell’s lawyer said he should not be jailed because ‘he feels rehabilitated already’."

ffs

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Nah bojo loves PMQs I think it's the only bit of being a pm he really does enjoy

He gets to be the centre of attention, banter at everyone and nobody is allowed to call him a liar or follow up on his nonsense, it must be like being back in the good old days for him

he's ditching PMQs this week though

rumour was either raab trying his best to not look like a serial killer (but failing) or that oval office from the UQ on Thursday

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

"Campbell’s lawyer said he should not be jailed because ‘he feels rehabilitated already’."

ffs

wish it had ended more like that tory oval office who got blatted by a bouncer in Spain or w/e

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Necrothatcher posted:

ffs

No no you missed his whole !two weeks! Of abstinence from coke.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Nah - he's only had one go at PMQs so far and even the Guardian said he hosed it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You've, uh, seen your avatar, right?

yeah that was the last time someone thought it was oh so funny

funny enough to post literally every day for 3 months

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1179035026953949191
Nice.

e:
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1179034696484700166
Extra nice.

jabby fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 1, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

Of course, it’s just political fan fiction, it’s not going to happen. But I will say that if Labour don’t form a government after the next election, then Corbyn really has got to go.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

*ThomasPaine sends Tweetman a DM*
The problem with right wing parodies is that they're so loving stupid, it's hard to tell what they're actually trying to say or who they see as the enemy, if they think Tweetman is at all leftist.

Gonzo McFee posted:

The unpopular man is unpopular and should go even if I agree with him and he would be replaced with someone I don't personally agree with or even like but I think other people would like, Vote Joe Biden.
It's the 'electabitity' trope again. All the press has to do is convince their readership that the sensible average person doesn't like Corbyn and wouldn't vote for him (even though easily half of the country did), and a deluge of melts will start to doubt him, including a few newer posters in this thread.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

bump_fn posted:

students are back and they’re all infants who can’t walk in hallways

Just wanted to say I agree. They can’t read signs either.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Where was that thread on Arcuri's far right connections again?

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1176839648406122497?s=19

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Aphex- posted:

he definitely hosed a ship though

Roll on/roll off :q:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Diet Crack posted:

Just wanted to say I agree. They can’t read signs either.

I share a local tescos with a big student hall and made the mistake of trying to buy something at 9.55pm the Friday night of freshers week

yes it was booze I'm no better than them

E: for those who don't know you can't buy alcohol after 10pm in Scotland because endemic alcoholism so everyone runs to get whatever they need just before

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 1, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You were workin' as a racist in a cocktail bar
When I met you

ThomasPaine posted:

you can't buy alcohol after 10pm in Scotland because endemic alcoholism so everyone runs to get whatever they need just before
The system works!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ThomasPaine posted:

I share a local tescos with a big student hall and made the mistake of trying to buy something at 9.55pm the Friday night of freshers week

yes it was booze I'm no better than them

E: for those who don't know you can't buy alcohol after 10pm in Scotland because endemic alcoholism so everyone runs to get whatever they need just before

The worst thing about Scotland, running out of bevvy at 2am equalling the end of the party.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediadave posted:

Nah - he's only had one go at PMQs so far and even the Guardian said he hosed it

Led to a week of great John Crace praliamentary sketches:

quote:

Boris Johnson fails to bring Tories sunshine in excruciating PMQs

Practice makes imperfect. There was an air of expectancy on the Tory benches as Boris Johnson prepared to face his first prime minister’s questions. Surely the previous day’s car crash could only have been an aberration. This time their clown prince would prove to be the headline act they had been promised. Bring them sunshine, make them smile. Give them a reason to feel good about their tawdry, shabby lives. Some hope.

“Pifflepafflewifflewaffle,” said Johnson, when the leader of the opposition pressed him about the state of the government’s Brexit negotiations. This was all on a need to know basis. And not even he needed to know. You never negotiate in public. And apparently not in private, either. In any case, Corbyn was just trying to undermine him by taking no deal off the table.

Corbyn replied it was hard to undermine something that wasn’t taking place.

It was all downhill for Johnson from there. Asked to confirm what was in the No Deal Operation Yellowhammer dossier, he all but suggested it didn’t exist. Even though almost all the details had been leaked to the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago. And then he just made up a story about the interview in which Michael Gove had said some food prices would go up. It had never happened. It was a Mikey impersonator who had been on the TV. The real Mikey had been having breakfast with him. Honest.

Come the end, Johnson was desperate to leave. He couldn’t even keep to the script that he didn’t want an election as he blurted out that he did want one after all. Dom would kill him for that. He rushed for the exit, only to be hauled back when he was reminded he was rather obliged to sit through Sajid Javid’s spending review. Having retaken his seat, he appeared to lose interest quickly. As did everyone else. Javid is even duller than Philip Hammond

Honestly all his bits from that week clowning on Boris are great.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

However, his bravado slipped when he arrived in court with his lawyer Jane Brady telling Judge Nigel Daly at Oxford Crown Court: ‘It is fair to say he is absolutely terrified of going inside. ‘His mother would have concerns about her son’s ability to cope in such an environment.’ Clifford was praised by his own lawyer for having abstained from cocaine for two weeks ahead of being sentenced. Previously he spent £400 a week on cocaine and cannabis.

This is loving unreal.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

The system works!

Yeah it's pretty dumb, though i've heard some people say it's actually good because for actual pathological alcoholics (who genuinely want to stop) removing the temptation is a big thing psychologically. Once it hits ten they know they can't get any so they're not agonising over whether to go pick up another bottle of whisky and can kind of relax for a few hours. I'm not in any way an addiction expert though so take it with a pinch of salt but it seems plausible.

forkboy84 posted:

The worst thing about Scotland, running out of bevvy at 2am equalling the end of the party.

My (Scottish) partner was genuinely amazed when we went down to England to visit my parents and she could buy beer in the 24hr asda at whatever drat time she pleased

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 1, 2019

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Lol if you're not aware of at least three different Facebook pages you can contact to have booze delivered at a price that would be unreasonable in the shops, but not so high it's crazy if you just need a couple more bottles.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

However, his bravado slipped when he arrived in court with his lawyer Jane Brady telling Judge Nigel Daly at Oxford Crown Court: ‘It is fair to say he is absolutely terrified of going inside. ‘His mother would have concerns about her son’s ability to cope in such an environment.’ Clifford was praised by his own lawyer for having abstained from cocaine for two weeks ahead of being sentenced. Previously he spent £400 a week on cocaine and cannabis.

This is loving unreal.

Reminder some kid got drunk off his tits in the US and crashed a car, killing a family, and got zero jail time because he had 'affluenza' where he was too rich to realise what he was doing was wrong.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Reminder some kid got drunk off his tits in the US and crashed a car, killing a family, and got zero jail time because he had 'affluenza' where he was too rich to realise what he was doing was wrong.

That's very America

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah it's pretty dumb, though i've heard some people say it's actually good because for actual pathological alcoholics (who genuinely want to stop) removing the temptation is a big thing psychologically. Once it hits ten they know they can't get any so they're not agonising over whether to go pick up another bottle of whisky and can kind of relax for a few hours. I'm not in any way an addiction expert though so take it with a pinch of salt but it seems plausible.

Stuff like minimum unit pricing and restricting sale seems like it wouldn't work because alcoholics gonna alcohol, but the evidence shows otherwise. At least to a small extent. Kinda like jacking up the price of cigarettes I guess, at some point either people's other priorities take over or they sink into destitution and crime I guess.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Tesseraction posted:

On the other hand, affluenza does tenderise their meat quite well.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Ratjaculation posted:

I've spent my morning counting bats. Happy October everyone!

One-ha-ha-ha!
Two-ha-ha-ha!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AoxCkySv34

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Junior G-man posted:

Big tweet thread on the 'new' BoJo border proposals:

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1178760377678618626?s=20

(Hint: it's loving madness and will never be accepted and is technologically unfeasible and mad)

It's already been rejected long ago, it was brought up before and Ireland laughed at it.
I love the idea of having a 310 x 15 = 4650 mile squared area that is a custom quantum zone. (310 is the length of irish border).

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

i am a child

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

happyhippy posted:

It's already been rejected long ago, it was brought up before and Ireland laughed at it.
I love the idea of having a 310 x 15 = 4650 mile squared area that is a custom quantum zone. (310 is the length of irish border).

I love that the UK seems to believe it can dictate terms here and the Irish government needs their permission to put up a hard border.

(Not certain they will because Dublin actually understands how important the GFA is but jeez, the arrogance of it)

E: unrelated but I got talking to an Irish woman at a conference a while back and she was very much against the use of the term 'Republic of Ireland' because that's apparently a British phrase and people should either use Eire or Ireland or both. I'd never heard this before, is this an actual thing or was she just being a bit much?

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 1, 2019

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This world doesn't deserve ISF.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1179041242216374273?s=19

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

mediadave posted:

Sunny is right

Let me just stop you there.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Shouldn't the entire no-mans-land be in Northern Ireland since it's the UKs making?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Let me just stop you there.

Sunny does better these days but he still displays abject Lib Dem Brain from time to time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Shouldn't the entire no-mans-land be in Northern Ireland since it's the UKs making?

[extremely Tory voice] why wouldn't we build over territory that belongs to us

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
some good lightning and thunder over london right now. please o god smite us for our hubris

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
An overlooked aspect of the choice of interim PM is that whoever this ended up being would be murdered within hours of delaying Brexit by a gammon hitman, so perhaps Harriet Harman/Ken Clarke/David Attenborough might prefer not to.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

WhatEvil posted:

One-ha-ha-ha!
Two-ha-ha-ha!...
One-ha-ha-ha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz8rvIl_vY

One-ha-ha-ha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_I1Z33AQQ