Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Sadbrains here would rather this dead gay forum just be totally silent for weeks between actual content posts instead of, you know, people enjoying a stupid discussion that makes them lol a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

gotta love how any picture like that generates multiple pages of discussion about how the authors ranking of fictional characters is wrong

https://twitter.com/dril/status/107911000199671808

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sadbrains here would rather this dead gay forum just be totally silent for weeks between actual content posts instead of, you know, people enjoying a stupid discussion that makes them lol a little.

I guarantee you that nobody having prolonged online discussions about regional fast food chains, what their randomly generated nickname is, or which fictional character could beat up another fictional character are ever feeling even a hint of a smile let alone laughing out loud. They are joyless husks boring everyone else with their tedium, though they invoke many a "lol" as soon as anyone criticizes them for it.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Imma be the dumbfuck asking for an explanation in the meme thread because wat?

Is this like a "pick any 2" thing or...

Is popeye the confluence of those things...

:psyduck:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sleeveless posted:

I guarantee you that nobody having prolonged online discussions about regional fast food chains, what their randomly generated nickname is, or which fictional character could beat up another fictional character are ever feeling even a hint of a smile let alone laughing out loud. They are joyless husks boring everyone else with their tedium, though they invoke many a "lol" as soon as anyone criticizes them for it.

Shut the gently caress up guy mann

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ah yes, the stand 『Six Bullets』

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Have you seen Roger rabbit or any bugs Bunny cartoon? The Trix rabbit lives in the real world but can wield toon energy, it's chaotic and destructive and it's going to kick your rear end in many hilarious ways. It will peel flesh from muscle in a manner effective so long as it gets a laugh.

You're hosed

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

KoRMaK posted:

Have you seen Roger rabbit or any bugs Bunny cartoon? The Trix rabbit lives in the real world but can wield toon energy, it's chaotic and destructive and it's going to kick your rear end in many hilarious ways. It will peel flesh from muscle in a manner effective so long as it gets a laugh.

You're hosed

But he regularly gets outsmarted by kids with simple traps, so all it takes is a 10 year old and a box trap and your safe.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

But he regularly gets outsmarted by kids with simple traps, so all it takes is a 10 year old and a box trap and your safe.

The only reason the kids can beat the rabbit is because Trix is for kids.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zil posted:

You're forgetting that the kids are cartoons too. We're all hosed.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That predates the internet, you know. I mean let's be honest if you haven't ever argued for eight hours with your friends over stupid poo poo like which fictional characters would win in a fight are you even really living?

"I think Ewan McGregor would make a really good Rand Al'Thor" cue seven hours of heated discussion and several near fistfights.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Zil posted:

Yea he's got some rules but unless you fall in alignment with them what do you think your chances actually are? Listen, you can stick around and take your chances but I'm outta here. He can drop an anvil or piano on you from out of no where. You could be in the middle of a field with no supports or overhanging pulleys or buildings or anything and kablam! A safe drops on your head. Do you squish up like an accordion and stumble around dazed for a moment until you reinflate yourself by blowing on your thumb? Or do you just explode and get squished like a red filled water balloon cuz you're a real adult human and the rules are unknown?

I'm not sticking around to find out.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Memento posted:

"I think Ewan McGregor would make a really good Rand Al'Thor" cue seven hours of heated discussion and several near fistfights.

So there's a part in the books where someone says Rand is too pale to be from Two Rivers and the show runners for the upcoming Amazon series decided that meant everyone else in his village is black so now Rand is Steve Martin in The Jerk.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Every single one of you is sleeping on Uncle Ben like he wouldn't beat the living hell out of every mascot on there and every goon on these forums.

gently caress around with ol' Ben if you want to.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rodbeard posted:

So there's a part in the books where someone says Rand is too pale to be from Two Rivers

Which is ridiculous in itself because his real father was a Swarthy Middle Eastern Only Not gentleman and oh poo poo it's happening right now.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Anyway, content.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

The Bloop posted:

i lost it at the Gerber baby

and also the fact that the Quaker is farther right

Quakers are pacifists so he wouldn't fight back.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Memento posted:

Which is ridiculous in itself because his real father was a Swarthy Middle Eastern Only Not gentleman and oh poo poo it's happening right now.

Robert Jordan wanted a racially diverse setting but he didn't think a lot of it out because the series was supposed to be a short trilogy of pulp genre fiction. Those swarthy desert dwellers are all pale redheads. Also one random strip of land is full of Asian people despite not being geographically isolated from the rest of the continent in any way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That predates the internet, you know. I mean let's be honest if you haven't ever argued for eight hours with your friends over stupid poo poo like which fictional characters would win in a fight are you even really living?

Speedy Gonzales vs the Roadrunner, who breaks the sound barrier first?

I loving love the memes that end with people cooking absurd quantities of food like this, I don't know why.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Oct 1, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Get the gently caress up, its spooktober

The giant skeleton paintings are made by Boris Groh and the meme itself is called Fantasy Painting Object Labeling, by the way.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Soundtrack for this month is already sorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I meant it ironically. I love how that(predictably) triggered 5 pages telling it how wrong it is, and for this stupid reason.

by the way, my dad can beat up your dad

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_3wLp1nKkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MNavkSGntQ

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZHCbyx_-A

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
just a quick break from the spoops because this made me lol and I wanna share it before I forget

okay back to the spoops

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

How can it be an intelligence failure if the US government deliberately allowed it to happen?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

MizPiz posted:

How can it be an intelligence failure if the US government deliberately allowed it to happen?

Jet fuel can't steam hams

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MizPiz posted:

that sounds like an intelligence failure to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The largest intelligence failure in US history is Gorge Bush send tweet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Holy jesus

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Jet fuel can't steam hams

And yet you call the enemy Afghanistan, despite the fact that they were obviously Saudi.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Awful app gently caress up

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

euphronius posted:

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎