Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I burned out on FFXIV so now I'm just playing a mobile gacha RPG until new pokemon comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I burned out on FFXIV so now I'm just playing a mobile gacha RPG until new pokemon comes out

Final Fantasy Record Keeper?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Saw a bit of graffiti this morning that said “ORC$”, that was cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's orc dollar

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Over There posted:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper?

lol that would be the logical pick.

Nah, the thread for Epic Seven caught my attention so I've been playing that. It's a lot of fun but y'all know what this genre is so...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it’s orcs who have sold out?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

100 degrees Calcium posted:

lol that would be the logical pick.

Nah, the thread for Epic Seven caught my attention so I've been playing that. It's a lot of fun but y'all know what this genre is so...

I just downloaded FFRC today. I like the music and callbacks, but gambling has no appeal to me, especially when its for lines of code.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Clearly it's an up-and-coming orc rapper

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

haveblue posted:

Clearly it's an up-and-coming orc rapper

You mean NBA Stupid A$s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EPcGGKXM6E

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Over There posted:

I just downloaded FFRC today. I like the music and callbacks, but gambling has no appeal to me, especially when its for lines of code.

I actually don't tend to do much of the gambling. Epic Seven has a daily summon which suffices for me; it makes me feel like whatever I want will come with time, or it won't, whatever. The flip side though is I'm doing a ton of farming which, weirdly, is my thing. I have like some sort of problem where I actually like repetitive grinding and RNG poo poo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Infinitum posted:

^^^^ Get a load of this guy

When you own the rights to the likeness, but couldn't get Arnold to record voice lines :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCn0r1amyN4

"Yeah we're gonna need you to recreate the Terminator 'dun-nun nun na-nun' noise, but it can't sound like it... we couldn't get the rights."

This just makes me want a cool asymmetric multiplayer Terminator game, but also with like... Terminator 1 Arnold. Come on, we have the technology.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My first spooky game of the month is Death Mark, a VN that has no 'skip read only' option and you can only save at, so far very rare, predetermined points :negative:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm so excited for Death Stranding.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I played a weird low budget indie game yesterday from Steam that's inadvertently had a randomly spoopy end so I'm going to count it for spoops-month.

idk why this incredibly simple and easy cheapo N64 homage game has a couple of bonus levels after you beat the 45 minute campaign that involve the cutesy bat platforming through a silent hill saw dimension or a random spooky house being patrolled by some zombie thing with a shaking head but it was so tonally out of place it made me laugh.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I'm a bit skeptical, because it seems like only the bundle is 41% off, the main game is 35% off. (it's also 42% off to me because I'm in euroland) If it was some kind of overt message, I'd expect everything to have the same discount.

edit: Looking more into it, this is just an artifact of the parts of the bundle being 35% off, and then you get an additional 10% off for buying the whole bundle - which comes out to a 41.5% discount, which shows as either 41 or 42 percent depending on your currency.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 1, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

ymgve posted:

I'm a bit skeptical, because it seems like only the bundle is 41% off, the main game is 35% off. (it's also 42% off to me because I'm in euroland) If it was some kind of overt message, I'd expect everything to have the same discount.

They started changing the regions when people called it out initially. You're giving the exact response they were looking for.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

bushisms.txt posted:

They started changing the regions when people called it out initially. You're giving the exact response they were looking for.

Got any proof they changed anything? What I'm seeing is exactly what would happen when you got a discount of 35% then 10%, which becomes 41.5%, which shows as 41 or 42 depending on what currency you have. If you put in the exact amounts and not the Steam-derived rounded discount, you will see the discount is drat close to 41.5%.

Like for me, the bundle costs 90.67 NOK discounted from 155.00 NOK, which gives the exact percentage of 0.41503225806451616

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The real sin is playing an anime game in the first place.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The discount wasn't the first transphobic thing they did.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

huh i always thought the currency was the kroner not the krone

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Since the last outrage ResetEra created was done by a 4chan troll I'm good with waiting for more details before grabbing a pitchfork.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Phantasium posted:

The discount wasn't the first transphobic thing they did.

If they already said hosed up poo poo on twitter and apparently don't remove the transphobic reviews on the very store page of the game, why would they go to such lengths to create something with plausible deniability instead of just saying "lol we put our game on 41% discount because trans suicides" on twitter or something.

This isn't a 1488 thing, basically no one transphobic would even be aware of the 41% fact.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Over There posted:

Since the last outrage ResetEra created was done by a 4chan troll I'm good with waiting for more details before grabbing a pitchfork.

drat. Can't believe 4chan trolls hacked the devs twitters and also built a time machine to go back and write stuff with their discord accounts too. Really dastardly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I tried to get into DK69 but there were just too many bananas

reading this sentence gives me an overwhelming urge to play dk64 only to collect 420 bananas in every level

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ymgve posted:

If they already said hosed up poo poo on twitter and apparently don't remove the transphobic reviews on the very store page of the game, why would they go to such lengths to create something with plausible deniability instead of just saying "lol we put our game on 41% discount because trans suicides" on twitter or something.

This isn't a 1488 thing, basically no one transphobic would even be aware of the 41% fact.

the recent reviews are full of people giddily saying that "the deal is to die for" and that you'd have to be "suicidal" with "brain damage" to pass it up, so the balance of evidence isn't really in favor of that claim

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Riding my bike to the gas station with a pocket full of Crones, gonna trade these spooky old ladies for a Mountain Dew and some candy.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

ymgve posted:

what other reason would they have for putting the game on 41% discount, specifically, in the middle of a controversy about transphobia. like, 41% is a really specific number; standard practice for discount percentages is for the last digit to end in 0 or 5, unless the discount is fractional (e.g. 33%, 66%, 17%). They really don't have any plausible deniability here

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Infinitum posted:

If you haven't seen them before Blizzard combined all the Battle for Azeroth cinematics into one 24min video.

It's basically a master class in CGI, world building, and macro level story telling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDzPkTEMBgc

It skips a ton of ingame cinematics and questlines, so you may be missing some contextual stuff if you're not playing, but you're honestly better off not knowing as it's pretty schlocky (In a bad way)
Blizzard have always been really really good with using broad strokes with their story lines, and failing hilariously at the more subtle nuanced plot hooks.

I know it's not a good use of resources but I wish FF14 had more sweet FMV, the one a piece they have for each expansion is a nice table-setting but there are some scenes in Heavensward that would have been sweet if they got this treatment

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ibram Gaunt posted:

drat. Can't believe 4chan trolls hacked the devs twitters and also built a time machine to go back and write stuff with their discord accounts too. Really dastardly.

Are you retarded? They literally went to go stir the pot because they knew what kind of reaction it would get. All this outrage does it make even more people buy the drat game. If you don't like what a couple of nobodies say then just don't buy the game, its simple.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Oxxidation posted:

the recent reviews are full of people giddily saying that "the deal is to die for" and you've have to be "suicidal" with "brain damage" to pass it up the balance of evidence isn't really in favor of that claim

Was a single one of those made before resetera made a thread about it, though?

(Part of the dev team certainly seem like transphobic shitheads, but attack them for the poo poo they actually say, not what you read in tea leaves)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Over There posted:

Are you retarded? They literally went to go stir the pot because they knew what kind of reaction it would get. All this outrage does it make even more people buy the drat game. If you don't like what a couple of nobodies say then just don't buy the game, its simple.

The gently caress kind of response is this...?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ymgve posted:

Nope, that's become a meme in altright circles

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Elephant Parade posted:

what other reason would they have for putting the game on 41% discount, specifically, in the middle of a controversy about transphobia. like, 41% is a really specific number; standard practice for discount percentages is for the last digit to end in 0 or 5, unless the discount is fractional (e.g. 33%, 66%, 17%). They really don't have any plausible deniability here

Read my other posts. It's not 41%. It's 41.5%, because the main discount is 35% and then Steam adds an additional 10% on bundles. If they really wanted to dog whistle, why not just give the main game a flat 41% off?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Over There posted:

Way to out yourself as a lovely person.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Over There posted:

Cool slurs bud

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pylons posted:

Way to out yourself as a lovely person.

If some random dev's girlfriend from a game I don't even want to play says he doesn't think gay people should marry, I'm not going to get outraged and try to get the game pulled from steam. Its an overreaction, which has made the game more popular than it should have been.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

ymgve posted:

Read my other posts. It's not 41%. It's 41.5%, because the main discount is 35% and then Steam adds an additional 10% on bundles. If they really wanted to dog whistle, why not just give the main game a flat 41% off?
That's a little more plausible, I guess, but they might've done the math and, given their previous comments, I'm really not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Over There posted:

If some random dev's girlfriend from a game I don't even want to play says he doesn't think gay people should marry, I'm not going to get outraged and try to get the game pulled from steam. Its an overreaction, which has made the game more popular than it should have been.

You suck rear end

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You suck rear end

None of your replies to me have had any substance, so we wouldn't even be able to have a discussion. You should quit posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Over There posted:

I don't give a gently caress what you would do