Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When Should Crazy Cloud be freed?
This poll is closed.
TODAY 238 25.21%
NOW 152 16.10%
YESTERDAY 207 21.93%
TIME DOESN'T EXIST 347 36.76%
Total: 641 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I've wondered when someone would do risk assessment that their anchors are so intertwined with the administration that they risk having them throw themselves into... well, not criminal complications because nothing matters lol, but backlash when the public overwhelmingly supports impeachment and their talking heads are getting more red and nude because Big Daddy is watching and probably wants to respond on the air tomorrow with the perfect response to the Ukraine-situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lmao "looking at cartoons on his iPad"

rudy watches anime

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lorn Wayne posted:

there aren't enough lockers to shove this nerd in, immediately

lol imagine this guy fighting. lmao.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Apparently the defense for Guyger was able to produce a bunch of people from the apartment building who said they'd accidentally tried to get into other people's apartments because the floor layouts are the same and it's an easy mistake to make if you unknowingly get off on the wrong floor.

So I think it would've been hard to use that as a precedent going forward just because it's such a specific set of circumstances. Although I guess big apartment buildings like that are very common so you'd effectively be saying that anyone living in those is fair game to be murdered if you just use the "wrong apartment" defense.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tomorrow's world leader who will have to put up with Trump for a couple of hours at the White House is.... *drumroll*.... Finnish President Sauli Niinistö!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/michaelcrowley/status/1179079480452829185?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1179079276408164352?s=20
Rtump

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Basebf555 posted:

Apparently the defense for Guyger was able to produce a bunch of people from the apartment building who said they'd accidentally tried to get into other people's apartments because the floor layouts are the same and it's an easy mistake to make if you unknowingly get off on the wrong floor.

So I think it would've been hard to use that as a precedent going forward just because it's such a specific set of circumstances. Although I guess big apartment buildings like that are very common so you'd effectively be saying that anyone living in those is fair game to be murdered if you just use the "wrong apartment" defense.

it makes sense but it's no reason to kill people? big, non luxury, apartments are all cookie cutters and everything is the same. like, trying to open the wrong door is a thing, shooting someone is not.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Too lazy to get rid of the rest of trump's hair w/e

nice

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Warren could take Zuckerberg

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/aScaramucciAgo/status/1179078782314921984

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

MysteriousStranger posted:

it makes sense but it's no reason to kill people? big, non luxury, apartments are all cookie cutters and everything is the same. like, trying to open the wrong door is a thing, shooting someone is not.

yeah but what if that someone was a super scary black?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UFOTacoMan posted:

lmao "looking at cartoons on his iPad"

rudy watches anime

That still from Fox of Rudy showing texts on his iPad but replace the texts with big-tittied animes.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Wait.

Gorka, Barr and now Pompeo are all in Italy at the same time. And Pompeo is refusing to give documents + testimony to Congress.

Huh.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Paging snoo

https://www.apopo.org/en

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Eleven Eleven posted:

Wait.

Gorka, Barr and now Pompeo are all in Italy at the same time. And Pompeo is refusing to give documents + testimony to Congress.

Huh.

Yeah.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

excited for the republican senate to finally realize the mistake they made and unanimously vote to impeach the criminal traitor donald j. trump, and for all republicans to hold hands together and vote Jeb Bush as their 2020 nominee. jeb will fix it.

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

The doughiest doughboy

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

bernard sanders

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Knight posted:

I've wondered when someone would do risk assessment that their anchors are so intertwined with the administration that they risk having them throw themselves into... well, not criminal complications because nothing matters lol, but backlash when the public overwhelmingly supports impeachment and their talking heads are getting more red and nude because Big Daddy is watching and probably wants to respond on the air tomorrow with the perfect response to the Ukraine-situation.

please don’t put the idea of a nude tucker in my head

you fool

you absolute baffoon

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

never forget :911:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

MysteriousStranger posted:

I'm just saying that it wouldn't be some carte blanche precedent where anyone accused of murder could just use Castle Doctrine as a defense. It would have to be a specific circumstance like this in a large cookie cutter apartment building. You'd have to convince the jury that you had a reasonable belief that the home you were in was your own, and that can only happen in a situation like that where all the floors look the same. It happened to me once, a guy from above me tried to use his key to get in my apartment in the middle of the night because he's old and just lost track of what floor he was on. So I can see why a jury might find that believable.

She was trying to argue that she legitimately thought she'd interrupted an intruder who was in her apartment in the middle of the night. It comes down to if you believe her or not(I don't), but if you did, it would be a reason to at least knock the charges down to manslaughter.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mags posted:

If they execute her the state becomes a cop killer and the mattering portal opens

she'll just turn into a lifer killer cop, executing billionaires like what totally didn't happen with Epstein

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Eleven Eleven posted:

Wait.

Huh.

mama mia

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

excited for the republican senate to finally realize the mistake they made and unanimously vote to impeach the criminal traitor donald j. trump, and for all republicans to hold hands together and vote Jeb Bush as their 2020 nominee. jeb will fix it.

I can't believe how excited I am for JEB!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Basebf555 posted:

iirc he specifically had a big funky welcome mat to deal with that issue when his friends were visiting

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Sentencing when?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

iirc he specifically had a big funky welcome mat to deal with that issue when his friends were visiting

Yea there's that, plus the text she sent immediately afterwards. Plus she's a cop.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Basebf555 posted:

this would make sense as a defense if these regular occurrences regularly ended in blasting the person who lives there

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Eleven Eleven posted:

Wait.

Huh.

they did it to make the left mad

ha, you triggered much??

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mags posted:

If they execute her the state becomes a cop killer and the mattering portal opens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lw1MrMHQ9o

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Nobody expected the vote to succeed, much less with a supermajority

As the parliamentarian announces a successful impeachment, the room is in a state of stunned silence

a single noise breaks the spell - a tall figure, walking awkwardly, looking around the room as he claps

future generations will know this for what the assembled do not yet comprehend - Year 0 of the reign of Emperor Jeb!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

what's this bootlicking horseshit

so that's a no

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Whatever stops you voting for Ventura, man

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

I recommend y'all see this dude live

Its, uh....its something :stare:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

colachute posted:

this would make sense as a defense if these regular occurrences regularly ended in blasting the person who lives there

If you can convince a jury that in the moment you fired, you reasonably thought you were in your own apartment and feared for your life, it could be an effective defense. That's why it only even becomes a possible defense when talking about these big apartment buildings with identical floor layouts.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

did they lock pompeo up yet

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
post post post post post

:yeah:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wasn't it Barr who sent Chelsea back to prison for refusing to comply with a subpoena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

did they lock pompeo up yet

Pompeo is in Italy with Barr and Gorka.