Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I've posted way worse poo poo in this thread.

If anyone ever saw my Discord logs I'd end up back in Guantanamo.

I think the main difference is, ya know, she actually murdered someone and lied about poo poo like doing CPR when she could have actually done it to save his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

While this is definitely correct, considering the state of other countries, I think that this is not an exclusively American problem. I'm starting to think it's an inherent issue of democracy+time.
The non-democracies get there way quicker.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

haveblue posted:

Within the next few days, these things are never instantaneous clapbacks.

Probably longer. He didn't refuse, he made (basically) a superficially reasonable request for more time and a more formal process, so the next step is to do those things (or tell a court why they're not, but that's probably a winner for Pompeo). If/when the House adjusts its schedule and he refuses, that's when it gets more complicated.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

I think the main difference is, ya know, she actually murdered someone and lied about poo poo like doing CPR when she could have actually done it to save his life
This is the reason I don't kill people. My posting would sink me.

Also the eternal damnation, but mostly the posting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
man if I didn't shitpost so much I'd get away with so much murder.

Lawyers don't read this at my trial

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

If my chat logs were pulled up in a traffic violation contention I'd be locked away for life.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I appreciate that she went to prison for being an edgelord.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
what is it with people literally leaving a log of their intents to commit and crimes

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

USPOL Fall:

sexpig by night posted:

Lawyers don't read this at my trial

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CuddleCryptid posted:

I appreciate that she went to prison for being an edgelord.

She hasn't gone to prison yet, if she's sentenced to 10 or less she can petition to remain out of prison pending the appeal process.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Judge has overruled every single state objection

What has the state objected over?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1179148939142074369

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

This owns. A lot of weird biker types you'd assume are complete dipshits are entirely decent folks. Lots of weird old chuds buying harleys though, too and gently caress those guys

I just googled this and it looks like his name is literally Sam Adams, and he's in favor of BLM and related groups arming themselves
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/the-oath-keeper-who-wants-to-arm-black-lives-matter-59109/

both owns and sucks, IMO.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mahoning posted:

Here’s the screen shots from Guyger’s Pinterest account with the previously mentioned minion meme.
https://twitter.com/danabranham/status/1179137995087073280?s=21

"when does this end"

"when MLK is dead... oh wait..."

"HA!"

what a piece of poo poo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Sam Seder had a guy on yesterday who made the argument that the Supreme Court was never intended to adjudicate the Constitution, and was only assembled so there was a "highest court" for the buck on normal cases to stop at. Thomas Jefferson apparently flipped his poo poo the first time they made a Constitutional ruling

if i remember correctly, the first case to adjudicate the constitution was marbury v madison, which was a direct rebuke of something directly under jefferson. it went against him obv, so if i’m remembering correctly, then i’m not sure jefferson’s reaction is the best evidence of that.

i’m not doubting your ultimate point, just this one piece of evidence. i’d check further but am on a train with spotty service.

fix the trains, cuomo!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the IG may really gently caress these guys. They've been correcting the absurd Federalist 'THEY CHANGED THE RULES RIGHT BEFORE THIS' lie and seem to be getting honestly upset that the reaction from the right to really basic oversight continues to be 'lol suck our dick actually'

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sexpig by night posted:

the IG may really gently caress these guys. They've been correcting the absurd Federalist 'THEY CHANGED THE RULES RIGHT BEFORE THIS' lie and seem to be getting honestly upset that the reaction from the right to really basic oversight continues to be 'lol suck our dick actually'

This is a different IG, but this kind of poo poo is why IGs exist. They're supposed to be neutral, apolitical arbiters in these agencies to handle the bureaucracy. Its also why I think 9 different cabinet agencies still have vacancies at the IG position

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1179152425900498944
Also, Trump had a literal Dr Evil moment, trying to get prices on snakes and alligators to put in The Moat, which seems like it will be part of his reelection pitch

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 1, 2019

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
So is this more bad news for mango Mussolini, or is this guy another stooge willing to sacrifice his legacy to give the GOP some talking points? Too early to tell?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

sexpig by night posted:

When the history of this accursed era is written, the Inspectors General will be the heroes of the story.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

This is a different IG, but this kind of poo poo is why IGs exist. They're supposed to be neutral, apolitical arbiters in these agencies to handle the bureaucracy

Also, Trump had a literal Dr Evil moment, trying to get prices on snakes and alligators to put in The Moat, which seems like it will be part of his reelection pitch

https://youtu.be/GhVT79kNGig

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Almost Smart posted:

So is this more bad news for mango Mussolini, or is this guy another stooge willing to sacrifice his legacy to give the GOP some talking points? Too early to tell?

on paper an IG operates independently and the other IGs involved in this case have pretty well been on the side of 'uh no the whistleblower is valid and should have their concerns heard asap'. I don't know this one specifically but actively hunting down and delivering extra info for the house doesn't sound like toadie poo poo.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah, targeted legislation would probably be unconstitutional and is unnecessary anyway

It's not as clearly laid out as civil contempt, but the House could probably either have the sergeant at arms issue the fines (by the same sort of mechanism as that hypothetical Chase Bank garnishment, where he / his office sends a letter), or have him go to a judge and ask the judge to issue the fines. In either case though, you might as well start with suing for civil contempt in the first place.

Yeah I totally scrambled that. Basically hold them in contempt of congress and fine them every day (though that's Federal court I think contempt of Congress has the same ability? Or is it inherit contempt?)

Ugh, this is really going to be a hot loving mess.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Nazzadan posted:

If my chat logs were pulled up in a traffic violation contention I'd be locked away for life.

I think I'd be okay with my SA posting history pulled up, so long as they didn't start questioning me about why I didn't finish my CYOA >.>

The Glumslinger posted:

Shouldn't he finish The Wall first? Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Glumslinger posted:

This is a different IG, but this kind of poo poo is why IGs exist. They're supposed to be neutral, apolitical arbiters in these agencies to handle the bureaucracy. Its also why I think 9 different cabinet agencies still have vacancies at the IG position

Donald Trump Achievements:

- greatest expansion in American alligator populations since the birth of Florida Man

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Am I too dumb to understand what this means or is it just ambiguous as to what this means?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Glumslinger posted:

This reads like the Gorilla Chanel tweet.

What the gently caress.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

listen here sweet cheeks just murder some browns, okay

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1179153620631207937?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mango sentinel posted:

Am I too dumb to understand what this means or is it just ambiguous as to what this means?

the IG has documents about the Ukraine situation that are relevant to the current investigation, and would like to share them. Relevant can mean a lot of things so we don't know exactly what it means but like I said if it follows the past trend of how IGs tend to handle this poo poo I wouldn't assume it's good for tromp

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Imagine trying to keep a thousand-mile long trench full of loving alligators from starving to death.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

mango sentinel posted:

It means the IG is doing an end run around Pompeo's obstruction, at least in part depending what is in these documents.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

listen here sweet cheeks just murder some browns, okay

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1179153620631207937?s=20

lol I don't have words

toss it on the pile

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

skylined! posted:

This reads like the Gorilla Chanel tweet.

What the gently caress.

We knew about the spikes and shooting rock throwers before. So it's at least partly true.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

Eerily close to the all time Freeper classic idea of a 10 mile wide trench along the border stacked with old car tires 30 feet high, filled with water for mosquitoes to breed in and poisonous snakes. Then set on fire, to burn eternal.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

JonathonSpectre posted:

Imagine trying to keep a thousand-mile long trench full of loving alligators from starving to death.

Clearly they will be constantly fed with the blood and bodies of the ceaseless hoards of approaching migrants.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

JonathonSpectre posted:

I think in his mind the idea was they’d subsist on a strict diet of migrants.

^^^
drat you!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandomBlue posted:

It means the IG is doing an end run around Pompeo's obstruction, at least in part depending what is in these documents.

also this, if the IG is personally doing this this likely means their office either feels there is or feels there will be interference from Pompeo's people. If I remember my poo poo right the IG SHOULD typically give this stuff to the Secretary of State to handle.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JonathonSpectre posted:

not gonna lie, I might join CBP to put "Alligator Caretaker" on my resume

I have a lot of experience caretaking cats, how different can it really be

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
All I'm asking for is alligators with frickin laser beams on their heads

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nuns_on_film/status/1179065695151239175

EDIT: I think this dude is even lazier about working than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Sorry, guys, but the Gorilla Channel is real now. It has to be.