Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I just googled this and it looks like his name is literally Sam Adams, and he's in favor of BLM and related groups arming themselves
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/the-oath-keeper-who-wants-to-arm-black-lives-matter-59109/

both owns and sucks, IMO.

yeah imagine being named after a lovely beer lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Donald Trump has ruined our ability to call movie villains cartoonishly impossible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midgetskydiver posted:

I mean, it's less of an echo chamber than Fox. I know that's not saying a lot but these things generally aren't binary. This thread, for example, is pretty echo chamber-y but not to the point of denying reality or just jumping in on completely false narratives.

No poo poo, but him being smug as gently caress because he consumes an assload of cable news and I don't is just....kill me now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

listen here sweet cheeks just murder some browns, okay

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1179153620631207937?s=20

How does he constantly prove to be more completely fuckin unhinged and stupid every single day?

It's a gift really. He as always manages to hit a new depraved, insane, grossly stupid bottom

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Speaking of that stupid alligators idea, alligators climb fences. So what happens when thousands of alligators all electrocute themselves?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

JonathonSpectre posted:

Imagine trying to keep a thousand-mile long trench full of loving alligators from starving to death.

Well that explains what his end goal for the camps was I guess, alligators were just over budget apparently

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/1179145213559951362

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Route the 30-50 feral hogs every 3-5 minutes into the alligator trench IMO

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
If Pompeo goes down I will drink way, way too much in celebration. What a colossal piece of poo poo with less than zero interest in any greater good

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

abelwingnut posted:

if i remember correctly, the first case to adjudicate the constitution was marbury v madison, which was a direct rebuke of something directly under jefferson. it went against him obv, so if i’m remembering correctly, then i’m not sure jefferson’s reaction is the best evidence of that.

The guy yesterday said it actually went in Jefferson's favor and he still lost his poo poo.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Also hell yeah I can watch Republicans in-fighting at vital times for as long as they want to keep it going, god bless

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

It is very good to see that there is some institutional fight left. Be brave, career bureaucrats.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Speaking of that stupid alligators idea, alligators climb fences. So what happens when thousands of alligators all electrocute themselves?

Alligator is good eating.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The guy yesterday said it actually went in Jefferson's favor and he still lost his poo poo.

The basic holding, that Marbury did not deserve relief, was a win for Jefferson as President. But it was also a loss for Jefferson's anti-federalist stance by (greatly) expanding the power of the court.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

sexpig by night posted:

also this, if the IG is personally doing this this likely means their office either feels there is or feels there will be interference from Pompeo's people. If I remember my poo poo right the IG SHOULD typically give this stuff to the Secretary of State to handle.

Naw, the IGs are explicitly bound to report to both the executive and the legislative. (Source: a decade of work for various IGs)

Some IGs are more powerful than others; if the IG is confirmed by Congress, they tend to have broader oversight powers and be more beholden to Congress.

IGs were designed to have this 'dual loyalty' to both legislature and the executive as way for Congress to get an objective(ish) view into how the executive branches are operating. It's part of congress's oversight powers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

It is very good to see that there is some institutional fight left. Be brave, career bureaucrats.

one thing we can at least count on, your average government employee tends to be either a Miller/Pompeo style bloodthirsty sociopath who would shoot his own mother in the face to get a small title promotion, or a DEEPLY bitchmade decorum humper who thinks that ~the honor of the office~ is the most important thing, and thankfully that second group finds Trump disgusting.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

JonathonSpectre posted:

Imagine trying to keep a thousand-mile long trench full of loving alligators from starving to death.

.........all right this needs to become a sidequest in a video game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Naw, the IGs are explicitly bound to report to both the executive and the legislative. (Source: a decade of work for various IGs)

Some IGs are more powerful than others; if the IG is confirmed by Congress, they tend to have broader oversight powers and be more beholden to Congress.

IGs were designed to have this 'dual loyalty' to both legislature and the executive as way for Congress to get an objective(ish) view into how the executive branches are operating. It's part of congress's oversight powers.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I knew they also reported to congress but I forgot if that was a 'real' thing or a more protocol kinda thing where congress wants to be kept up to speed and junk

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The President wanted the border to be an electrified trench filled with alligators.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guze posted:

The President wanted the border to be an electrified trench filled with alligators.

it's one of those things we all knew, but it's kinda amazing he was so overt about it

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
The President of the United States has psychotic fantasies about murdering brown people in as many different ways as possible, and it's going to be a 24-hour news story at best.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/parscale/status/1179154939693731841

:lol:

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

haveblue posted:

The basic holding, that Marbury did not deserve relief, was a win for Jefferson as President. But it was also a loss for Jefferson's anti-federalist stance by (greatly) expanding the power of the court.

Yep, that was it.

Thomas Jefferson posted:

"The Constitution . . . meant that its coordinate branches should be checks on each other. But the opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves in their own sphere of action but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch."

I mean... it's kind of hard to disagree when we look at how partisan and weaponized the court has become, though it isn't exactly what he was getting at.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

one thing we can at least count on, your average government employee tends to be either a Miller/Pompeo style bloodthirsty sociopath who would shoot his own mother in the face to get a small title promotion, or a DEEPLY bitchmade decorum humper who thinks that ~the honor of the office~ is the most important thing, and thankfully that second group finds Trump disgusting.

please do not denigrate bitchmade decorum humpers ty

and anyway it's more about bureaucrats clinging desperately to their jobs being important and good, which means that, say, the Inspector General is probably not going to be excited about the DNI sitting on a report where the IG *personally* highlighted the words "urgent" and "alarming"

with his good highlighter, even

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1179158728031035392?s=19

Is the great mattering finally happening?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please do not denigrate bitchmade decorum humpers ty

and anyway it's more about bureaucrats clinging desperately to their jobs being important and good, which means that, say, the Inspector General is probably not going to be excited about the DNI sitting on a report where the IG *personally* highlighted the words "urgent" and "alarming"

with his good highlighter, even

yea this is a key part of the bitchmadeness, they worked very hard on their fancy little report and holding it back is downright immoral...

also the corruption, that's also bad, but mainly the lack of respect

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"ATTN Congress: The Piss Tape Is Real"

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Isn't a long stretch of the border the Rio Grande? Does the alligator moat go on the north or south side? Or is he planning on filling a fast moving river with gators?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Guze posted:

I mean when you say it that way, if just sounds stupid!

Think about this: when he wanted to divert those military spending funds, this is what it was going to

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Guze posted:

Somebody should get him to play dungeon keeper, and maybe he can go away from the whole president thing...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

That’s encouraging. I feel like a lot these dudes don’t want to die for pompeo bullshit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I mean Ukraine just surrendered. I am sure more stuff got leaked internally.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nail Rat posted:

Horrible, horrible. But a small part of me wants to see it so I'm filing it with nuking a hurricane.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-mocks-gop-jokes-they-want-border-moat/

Literally a joke Obama made to mock Republicans

Obama Netflix posted:

We have gone above and beyond what was requested by the very Republicans who said they supported broader reform as long as we got serious about enforcement," Obama said. "But even though we've answered these concerns, I gotta say I suspect there are still going to be some who are trying to move the goal posts on us one more time."

"Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said mockingly to laughter from the crowd. "Maybe they'll want alligators in the moat."

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1179060348265140225
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1179060842731573248

Graham is loving losing it.

Seriously, why hasn't anyone punched this man yet

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

This is happening today? After 5pm? The fuuuuck is going on anymore!?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big fan of institutions, bureaucracy, and boring procedural junk. I'm enjoying these developments almost as much as our brave Census Bureau heroes going "WELP YOU HEARD THE JUDGE BOYS, NOTHING FOR IT BUT TO SPIN UP THE PRINTERS WITHOUT THE CITIZENSHIP QUESTION, SURE IS A SHAME"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i'm waiting for confirmation on this one because i don't really trust this guy, but he's also broken actual stories in the past

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1179156640760659968
https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1179157546608689152

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

eke out posted:

i'm waiting for confirmation on this one because i don't really trust this guy, but he's also broken actual stories in the past

Accusing a former Secretary of State of committing crimes while the current SoS commits crimes. Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

eke out posted:

er

I feel like this would be big

on any normal week anyway, these days it's literally just Tuesday