Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think Kojima has earned the right to do whatever the gently caress he wants, even if the product suffers for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm tired of hearing people talk about it and it's going to get way worse once it's actually out

it will be a decent to good game

half of everyone will say it's the greatest game ever, and the other half will say it's overrated poo poo. same as it ever was

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
whats the most divisive game amongst imps?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
xenoblade chronicles 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

xenoblade chronicles 2

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's get Defenders of Torna gangtags for the real gamers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'm tired of hearing people talk about it and it's going to get way worse once it's actually out

Much like tour debutante party in Chelsea. gently caress you richie rich :gun:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

swimsuit posted:

Red Dead Redemption 2 singlehandedly made a dozen active posters abandon IZ to flee to discords to talk about CSPAM politics all day because they couldn't handle Lyle and Synthy razzing it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

For what it's worth I really liked RDR2, but finishing the story and switching to the online mode forced me to recognize why so many people here hated it. It's a very slow plodding sloppy game on a mechanical level.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

it will be a decent to good game

half of everyone will say it's the greatest game ever, and the other half will say it's overrated poo poo. same as it ever was

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Kind of over the Death Stranding hype. Oh My God there's a Gogurt health pack in Death Stranding! Hyoipe :pray: Lunchables plox

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

im sure itll be a fun cinematic experience or whatever but i really get the feeling that the open world is just gonna big a mostly empty scenic place for you to walk from cutscene to cutscene

EmmyOk posted:

I've not watched any gameplay stuff. Kojima is a great creator but I think he works best when he's restrained and limited and I'm a bit worried Sony has just let him do whatever he wants. Still excited for it but ready for it to just not work out at all.

In Training posted:

:negative:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How did it come to this.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training is the Metal Gear July guy for pete’s sake. Did you really hate MGS5 that much

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Red Dead Redemption 2 singlehandedly made a dozen active posters abandon IZ to flee to discords to talk about CSPAM politics all day because they couldn't handle Lyle and Synthy razzing it.

lmao, I didn't even razz it for months cos I felt like I'd eventually go back to it like I did with Witcher 3. Hell I still feel like I'll play it some day, it's just fun to read the hype train before and after launch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

In Training is the Metal Gear July guy for pete’s sake. Did you really hate MGS5 that much

I loved MGSV. Death stranding doesn't look anything like it

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

ohh hell yeah! finally, someone talking sens--

poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

ohh hell yeah! finally, someone talking sens--

poo poo.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ftw tho.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Kind of over the Death Stranding hype. Oh My God there's a Gogurt health pack in Death Stranding! Hyoipe :pray: Lunchables plox

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Much like tour debutante party in Chelsea. gently caress you richie rich :gun:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m hype for death stranding because I feel like a vast majority of AAA games have no desire to try anything remotely new or different and it’s cool to play a huge release that actually has ambition behind it. RDR2 was overstuffed with pointless minutiae to the detriment of mechanics, but when you were immersed in it the game was amazing. I bet death stranding will be painfully slow at parts and people will make very justified posts like ‘tfw sads mikkelsen hangs himself with the jarbaby’s umbilical cord fukken GOTY’ but at least I can say with confidence that it’ll be something radically different from the usual poo poo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

its crazy how the xbox thread died overnight when that happened. probably just a coincidence

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

its crazy how the xbox thread died overnight when that happened. probably just a coincidence

tfw the only Xbox supremacist left in IZ

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I was one until I got a Switch. Although a good game showing up on Gamepass will turn me back into one for a time

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol but also there will be an Imp Renaissance when Reach comes out for PC and Xbox One.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Lol but also there will be an Imp Renaissance when Reach comes out for PC and Xbox One.

I'm still holding out for the pc master chief collection

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm still holding out for the pc master chief collection

That's the same thing as reach coming out . It's in closed beta on PC now and everyone in it says it's amazing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

swimsuit posted:

Dead Cells or Third Street Skyrims: Elder Saints the Fifth

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i played some dead cells and enjoyed it. it's a good rougelite.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I was one until I got a Switch. Although a good game showing up on Gamepass will turn me back into one for a time

Outer Worlds soonish. I have high hopes for that.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My expectations for The Outer Worlds have diminished greatly after finding out that only about a dozen people who worked on New Vegas are still in Obsidian and it's mostly being developed by Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny people. I'm sure it'll be quirky and fun for a playthrough or two but I have a feeling it's going to be about 15 hours long

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

as far as I can tell obsidian has been ruined by fergus urquhart being an insane freak

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think outer worlds is gonna be a fantastic $20 purchase a year after its release and I’m excited to play it then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

incredible

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I think outer worlds is gonna be a fantastic $20 purchase a year after its release and I’m excited to play it then

Good news, gamer. Outer Worlds will be included in the Xbox Game Pass For PC at the low cost of 3.99$ a month.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1179482168432746497?s=21

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Very, very nice work Jeremy Brown.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Lol

https://www.twitter.com/eilyBlueberry/status/1179489618930098176

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My expectations for The Outer Worlds have diminished greatly after finding out that only about a dozen people who worked on New Vegas are still in Obsidian and it's mostly being developed by Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny people. I'm sure it'll be quirky and fun for a playthrough or two but I have a feeling it's going to be about 15 hours long

Pillars and Tyranny both kick rear end though.