Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I mean, these people statistically will spend their money on buying karma from Mega Churches for the feels.

Cat Tax:

Syfe fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

You can’t compare fundraising numbers since the two parties operations are structured so differently. The Republican fundraising is highly centralized with everything going to the RNC while the Democratic fundraising is ridiculously decentralized with money going directly to scores of individual candidates and their campaigns.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Trump too dumb to not realize he has the Republicans controller Senate as a backstop to prevent his removal? I mean of course he is but surely someone has told him how this works by now right?

He doesn't trust them. He knows they hate him and will betray him if they can get away with it.

Now, it seems very unlikely they will think they can get away with it, and will thus choose to acquit him, but Trump is clearly freaking out because he understands how they really feel about him.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

mutata posted:

Jeeeeeesus those tweets are scary. Scary in the way that a chimp with a handgun is scary, I guess.

https://twitter.com/tap_1_0/status/1179166277308420096

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The mad king Trumpgaryen

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Strange Poon posted:

what are the chances Graham is starting this rumor so he has an out

I know Republican courage is an amorphous, opportunistic thing, but is there really any honor in showing you acquiesced to blackmail?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Charlz Guybon posted:

He doesn't trust them. He knows they hate him and will betray him if they can get away with it.

Now, it seems very unlikely they will think they can get away with it, and will thus choose to acquit him, but Trump is clearly freaking out because he understands how they really feel about him.

Trump does not "understand" anything about what other people "feel". This is a massive misreading of his personality.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Using an explicitly-defined constitutional process for investigating crimes by the president that he literally documented and released is a coup? The same process that the Dems had to drag Pelosi to kicking and screaming? I really hope that the US electorate isn't this dumb.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

ewiley posted:

Using an explicitly-defined constitutional process for investigating crimes by the president that he literally documented and released is a coup? The same process that the Dems had to drag Pelosi to kicking and screaming? I really hope that the US electorate isn't this dumb.

Bad news friend

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

mdemone posted:

Trump does not "understand" anything about what other people "feel". This is a massive misreading of his personality.

Maybe "understand" is too strong, but he certainly does not trust the GOP senate caucus as a whole, do you dispute that?

Perhaps it's just paranoia, but he definitely does not trust them not to betray him.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

The more they see him as a liability the more likely they are to dump him. Granted that still might not be enough to push them over the ledge, but they're definitely talking about what happens if he continues to tweet like this. I think the red line will be if he tries to have the executive branch do something as flagrant as arrest a representative or senator.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ewiley posted:

Any time the question is "are Americans REALLY this dumb?" the answer is always "yes."

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The more they see him as a liability the more likely they are to dump him. Granted that still might not be enough to push them over the ledge, but they're definitely talking about what happens if he continues to tweet like this. I think the red line will be if he tries to have the executive branch do something as flagrant as arrest a representative or senator.

Like suggesting that Adam Schiff be arrested for treason? I mean I know his tweets are the horrific screeches of the last of his brainmatter turning into soup, but like, he already did this.

e:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178643854737772545?s=20

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The gay rumor?

If Trump came out and was like "LINDSAY GRAHAM IS GAY!" literally everyone would just be like "uh no poo poo?" And go about their day. It would be like when Rob Halford came out.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
i'm shocked i say, shocked

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179192288595054593

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

ewiley posted:

Narrator: They were that dumb.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

ewiley posted:

Like suggesting that Adam Schiff be arrested for treason? I mean I know his tweets are the horrific screeches of the last of his brainmatter turning into soup, but like, he already did this.

Beyond suggest, but actually go through the motions of ordering it and it actually coming to light. Like they're profoundly unhappy at the moment but they can live with it as far as we can tell. The OIG-DOJ telling them that he ordered the arrest of Adam Schiff is where there's no more room to just call it blowing off steam. It's a crisis they can't even deny at that point.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Whistleblower’s attorney reminds Trump that retaliation against his accuser is a federal crime
occupydemocrats.com/September 30, 2019
"The only thing more dangerous than a criminal afraid of being caught is one who has already been fingered, has yet to be convicted, and knows the identity of his accuser."

The irony of Trump demanding to meet his accuser, explained
vox.com/Sep 30, 2019
"There are almost two dozen women who have gone on record with accusations."

Setting foot off church property could mean being permanently separated from her children—so Ingrid Encalada Latorre gave birth to her daughter in the rec room.
thedailybeast.com/09.30.19
"Two weeks ago, Latorre gave birth to her daughter in the recreation room of a Colorado church where she has claimed sanctuary since December 2017—the safest place to do so, she said, when stepping off of church property could mean being permanently separated from her children."

Jimmy Carter, the oldest living former US president, is 95 today
cnn.com/October 1, 2019

People Filed Complaints About Stray Cat Roaming Around Law Firm So They Hired Him
unilad.co.uk/26 Sep 2019
"Leon was just like any other stray cat – roaming the streets, looking for scraps. One day, he walked into the Order of Attorneys of Brazil building, and his life changed."
UK, so YMMV.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
He probably has already ordered the arrests of his opponents just like he was telling the border patrol to shoot down drones or anyone on the border throwing rocks. Likely his orders have just been ignored so far.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Rent-A-Cop posted:

No! The Penis is evil! The Penis shoots Seeds, and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals.

Just do what the bible does and refer to the penis as a guy's "feet", which is a real thing so they can not talk about dongs in the bible more than they already do.

So just draw big, veiny "feet".

Or dicks or w/e.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Beyond suggest, but actually go through the motions of ordering it and it actually coming to light. Like they're profoundly unhappy at the moment but they can live with it as far as we can tell. The OIG-DOJ telling them that he ordered the arrest of Adam Schiff is where there's no more room to just call it blowing off steam. It's a crisis they can't even deny at that point.

yeah. part of me thinks trump wont because he doesn't want to take actual personal responsibility to go all the way with that horror show. but desperate times and such.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

Just do what the bible does and refer to the penis as a guy's "feet", which is a real thing so they can not talk about dongs in the bible more than they already do.

Citation?

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)
https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/704031610488778753

drat that thread is pretty spot on. Wasnt hard to call however.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Apparently Cuomo is reporting that the IG’s report involves Ukraine documents.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pkay posted:

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/704031610488778753

drat that thread is pretty spot on. Wasnt hard to call however.

He's only effective at it because he's president. If he wasn't, he'd not have the power or platform to do so. Its a part of the office, not part of him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Apparently Cuomo is reporting that the IG’s report involves Ukraine documents.

i mean with zelensky surrendering and pompeos actions. i assume this shits pretty bad.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

North Korea may have just tested a submarine-launched ballistic missile.

https://twitter.com/TheKoreaHerald/status/1179200201216512001

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Wet President : Destroy my enemies! Civil War!

Twitter: :tif:

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

CommieGIR posted:

He's only effective at it because he's president. If he wasn't, he'd not have the power or platform to do so. Its a part of the office, not part of him.

That was before he was president. He has been doing it forever. Just think about the Trump brand and gold toilet and poo poo. "Trump is what poor people think rich people are" is what was said before his election...

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1179196668023054336

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

FuturePastNow posted:

North Korea may have just tested a submarine-launched ballistic missile.

https://twitter.com/TheKoreaHerald/status/1179200201216512001

Their nuclear button works?!?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1179200106433789952?s=19

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lol fan-loving-tastic

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I wonder if @Jack ever thought his platform would be used be an American President to call for the deaths of his enemies?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

If you're willing to listen to a very silly Bible podcast, http://apocrypals.libsyn.com/4-wittgensteins-monster-the-book-of-isaiah and http://apocrypals.libsyn.com/45-mummy-dust-and-skeleton-bones-the-book-of-ruth both go into this (this is how I learned about it)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Guze posted:

I wonder if @Jack ever thought his platform would be used be an American President to call for the deaths of his enemies?

In his moistest dreams.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

It was foolish to let him resign, it just makes it easier for him to tell the truth.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nate is cancelled as gently caress for real

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Tuff Scrote posted:

No source and is likely BS, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1179138038464540674?s=21

This isnt the first time Graham has defended trump like this. If this was true, the threat was made long ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Google Butt posted:

Nate is cancelled as gently caress for real

He's been steadily worsening, I knew it would come to this.