Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

doverhog posted:

Nail update: part of it has turned black, and there is blood oozing out. My flip flop on that foot is covered in blood right now.

You'll be fine the front section will probably detach and the nail will just grow out. Just keep it clean. I've lost count of the number of nails I've crushed, cut through or torn off at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Just had about the worst training session I've ever had: completely listless and drained, it almost felt like depression, really weird. I manager to half-heartedly get through the work but att somewhat lighter weights. Luckily this week is a low stress week, with low volume, so I suppose that was timely at least. I really hope it is something temporary, and not more sad brains. Send kind salami thoughts and salami prayers.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ovenboy posted:

Just had about the worst training session I've ever had: completely listless and drained, it almost felt like depression, really weird. I manager to half-heartedly get through the work but att somewhat lighter weights. Luckily this week is a low stress week, with low volume, so I suppose that was timely at least. I really hope it is something temporary, and not more sad brains. Send kind salami thoughts and salami prayers.

Sleep those salami dreams, friend.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

ovenboy posted:

Sounds like you're fatigued from the high stress weeks leading up to this deload, which is how it's supposed to work. Racking up tons of fatigue then taking a break to allow that fatigue to dissipate is pretty standard programming nowadays.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

turd in my singlet posted:

Sounds like you're fatigued from the high stress weeks leading up to this deload, which is how it's supposed to work. Racking up tons of fatigue then taking a break to allow that fatigue to dissipate is pretty standard programming nowadays.

That's what I was hoping, but I've never felt it like this before even though I've run through a couple of cycles of this kind of programming in the last year or so. Probably have been talong it too easy the previous cycles, knowing myself.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I'm finishing the bridge in a month, and liking it a lot. I've previously come off running a few 531 Building the Monoliths back to back, which I also really liked.

Is there something that is kind of a mix between the two? Barbell medicine has a bunch of templates but paying $50 for a PDF of a program seems fairly ridiculous

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MarcusSA posted:

The smith machine is good

I agree. Been using it for incline and decline bench, calf presses. I like it.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Constipated posted:

Funkybuttluvr on Instagram if people want to see my swole cat bros and occasional lifting thing.

Followed, mine is _micrathena, it has arts, cats, lifting and photos.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Tongues posted:

I'm finishing the bridge in a month, and liking it a lot. I've previously come off running a few 531 Building the Monoliths back to back, which I also really liked.

Is there something that is kind of a mix between the two? Barbell medicine has a bunch of templates but paying $50 for a PDF of a program seems fairly ridiculous

It's $50 for an absolute masterpiece of an Excel spreadsheet with an RPE plotter and integrated graphs. I bought a few and did not feel ripped off.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I post my kids a little bit too much to share my insta with y'all thirsty dogs, sorry

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I haven't done a swole pic in a while but I'm bigintheshire. Validate me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tongues posted:

If it can easily track data and update the weekly/daily programs based on your RMs then $50 is a steal. Like you enter in RMs and it automatically spits out a program with what you're supposed to lift each day.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MrKatharsis posted:

It's $50 for an absolute masterpiece of an Excel spreadsheet with an RPE plotter and integrated graphs. I bought a few and did not feel ripped off.

Which one did you buy?
I'm interested in their Powerbuilder template and was wondering how good their templates are.

Also if you weirdos want to follow me you can do that under vince_ruchti. Expect lifting, hiking and maybe the odd biking picture.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Helios Grime posted:

Which one did you buy?
I'm interested in their Powerbuilder template and was wondering how good their templates are.

Also if you weirdos want to follow me you can do that under vince_ruchti. Expect lifting, hiking and maybe the odd biking picture.

I got Hypertrophy GPP, Bridge 2 and Time Crunch. They also send out free updates so now I have Bridge 3 and the other templates in both lbs and kilos. I got the extra templates because they sent me a $25 coupon code after I bought my first one.

However I am now working through a $10 5/3/1 app because the workouts are short enough to do on my lunch break and have tons more volume.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

If it can easily track data and update the weekly/daily programs based on your RMs then $50 is a steal. Like you enter in RMs and it automatically spits out a program with what you're supposed to lift each day.
They track metrics easy but they don't self populate based on rep maxes because all the programs are based on RPE autoregulation. So you work up every time and use a indicator set to calculate your e1rm. Each week you try to add a percent or two to it as a target unless you feel real good or poo poo.

So say your best squat was 300 for 4 and that was an all out set. So in the calculator that comes in the template you put 300 in the 4 reps at RPE 10 cell. Below that it'll give you a break down of probable weights for reps/RPE. Your e1RM is 336 so you add 1% so target e1RM for next week is 339. Next weeks squat is 6@7, 6@8 and 6@9 with back offs. So you put 339 into the calculator and it tells you the targets are 260x6, 265x6 and 275x6. As you work up you either do the sets as calculated or add or lower weight as the sets feel entering the weights/reps/rpe into cells as you go. If the targets were right or you had to lower because extra stress or justa bad day next week is 342~, if you upped the weight add weight to that and go on.

The templates have a calculator, nutrition tracker, lift analysis page with tables and stuff. The "advanced" templates have an exercise selection tab so you can adjust movements based on taste and need.

From Powerbuilding II

Edit: The only real problems they have is when they first got released they had a bunch of typos, but I think most have gotten fixed since so if you get them now they wont have them and they'll send you the fixes if you ask.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 1, 2019

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Guyver posted:

They track metrics easy but they don't self populate based on rep maxes because all the programs are based on RPE autoregulation. So you work up every time and use a indicator set to calculate your e1rm. Each week you try to add a percent or two to it as a target unless you feel real good or poo poo.

So say your best squat was 300 for 4 and that was an all out set. So in the calculator that comes in the template you put 300 in the 4 reps at RPE 10 cell. Below that it'll give you a break down of probable weights for reps/RPE. Your e1RM is 336 so you add 1% so target e1RM for next week is 339. Next weeks squat is 6@7, 6@8 and 6@9 with back offs. So you put 339 into the calculator and it tells you the targets are 260x6, 265x6 and 275x6. As you work up you either do the sets as calculated or add or lower weight as the sets feel entering the weights/reps/rpe into cells as you go. If the targets were right or you had to lower because extra stress or justa bad day next week is 342~, if you upped the weight add weight to that and go on.

The templates have a calculator, nutrition tracker, lift analysis page with tables and stuff. The "advanced" templates have an exercise selection tab so you can adjust movements based on taste and need.

From Powerbuilding II

Yeah that's totally worth it. Gives more time for thinking bout that salami.

I'm kind of a nerd. I like easily tracking data and populating spreadsheets.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i don't have time for crossfit while being back in school so i just life following an oly template, though I'm never going to do an oly comp again

but hey i can still move some weight. not bad for an old man with bad elbows

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1179141623579590656?s=20

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Guyver posted:

You'll be fine the front section will probably detach and the nail will just grow out. Just keep it clean. I've lost count of the number of nails I've crushed, cut through or torn off at work.

I wear and am required to wear safety shoes at work so this kinda stuff doesn't really happen there. If I had been wearing shoes while lifting it wouldn't have happened then either.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I wasn't talking about toe nails there though it should be the same.

But I have dropped a washer on my big toe once and it tore the nail right off. Well it was still attached at the start so I yanked it off with pliers.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Fuuuuck, I just hurt some muscle slightly to the left of the bottom of my right scapula. That area had been sore for a couple of days and when I went to squat today I got a sharp stabbing pain. Twisting my upper body left hurts and I can't hold a 45lb plate with my right hand without it hurting as well.

E: Absolutely can't squat. Bench Press, OHP, and Upright Row were fine, Deadlift was fine with low weight and made it hurt on the descent with higher weight. I hope this poo poo gets better with a day's rest and icing/heating.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 1, 2019

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

So I’ve gone back to basics doing Simple and Sinister with heavier weights. It’s been a nice break from the 4 day split. I still have those 4 lifts each week but do it in the middle of my Simple and Sinister workout.

Getting close to a KB 40kg clean and press

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Lol I've been learning wing chun for like a month and a half and I showed my brother a cool move. We got excited and he tried to wrestle / play touch me in the head and he couldn't get past my ward or grab me, and if he did I threw him off no problem

Holy poo poo I feel fantastic

Sweet As Sin fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 2, 2019

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
What's a wing chunfor?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
D'oh

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

What's a wing chunfor?

Ip man used it to defeat Japanese imperialism

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Whoop a bro or imperialism, that's praxis

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I've been making a ton of fantastic choices this year. Taking that class and going to the gym are on the top.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Just eat normal mac&cheese with a piece of meat?

It is almost a pet peeve of mine that everything needs to be Protein-???
Cause while I like my protein and make sure that I eat enough of it, every product that is marketed that way has always been high in protein content (greek yoghurt / Skyr) and marketing needs to slap that label on it and sells it more expensive becaause of it and/or it just tastes godawful sweet and artificial.

Helios Grime fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 2, 2019

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Dum Cumpster posted:

What's a wing chunfor?

Not much, what's up with you? XD

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Cosmik Slop posted:

Not much, what's up with you? XD

My ligma's been acting up lately

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Dum Cumpster posted:

What's a wing chunfor?

Wing chunfor? I barely knew 'er!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Helios Grime posted:

Cause while I like my protein and make sure that I eat enough of it, every product that is marketed that way has always been high in protein content (greek yoghurt / Skyr) and marketing needs to slap that label on it and sells it more expensive becaause of it and/or it just tastes godawful sweet and artificial.

My favorite ones are those MAN YOGURT ones that are like 20g of protein, but that's only because they come in bigger containers than the regular ~12g ones

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I fell in love with the dainty little Dannon Light & Fit yogurts. 80cal, 12g protein, the strawberry banana one tastes like heaven.

Also 360x10 deadlifts earlier. I've been jumping up 20-25lbs each week for sets of 10 and I might be able to squeeze out 385 next week

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Helios Grime posted:

Fitness fads have been a thing since tapeworm pills. Like 3-5 years ago, everything was boasting about its antioxidant content. After that it was all about probiotics being a cure-all. Eventually the current obsession with high protein foods being a miracle fitness solution will fade away and be replaced with something else.

Granted it has a bit of staying power this time around since it has tapped into that delicate male ego demographic to tell dudes that it's okay to eat a 5$ salad as long as it's marketed as 30$ ULTRA MAN PROTEIN SUPER GREENS.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Getting enough protein can be a problem for some people so at least the fad is tapping into something real. Like just today I told my mom who had pancakes and fruit for lunch to eat some cottage cheese or something so it's not all carbs.

Didn't tell her to buy super protein salads or mega swole yogurt tho.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Omnikin posted:

Also 360x10 deadlifts earlier. I've been jumping up 20-25lbs each week for sets of 10 and I might be able to squeeze out 385 next week

That sounds dangerously like cardio...

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
well it turns out I like cardio. Running is fun. Two weekly runs (short Tuesday long Saturday) and supposed to be something more intense/HIIT ish on Thursdays but I'm kinda a bitch and skip that one in favor of some morning yoga.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Protein isnt a fad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Collapsing Farts posted:

Protein isnt a fad lol

woosh