Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Queen as PM would rock, imagine her doing the Corbyn glare over the top of specs look whilst she pardons her nonce family and gives Philip an airline pilot licence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Even better, I think these the Tories have created perpetual motion. And he's still ragging on our lad

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

lol Diane Abbott opened with a tribute to black history month, and as she finished her opening Raab stood up, forcing her (by custom) to sit down... and Bercow had to laugh and say "uhhh, she hasn't asked the question yet?" so he had to sit down red-faced

This is amazing.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Joris Bohnson posted:

And yes, we will be tough on crime. We will make sure that the police have the legal powers and the political backing to use stop and search because it may be controversial. But believe me that when a young man is going equipped with a bladed weapon there is nothing kinder or more loving or more life-saving you can do than ask him to turn out his pockets.

Yep, nothing kinder. Apex compassion right there

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1179352862192803841

Wonder if the BBC will be on best behaviour.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Also I'm enjoying the Guardian live blogger bringing us the Johnson speech in shitpost format:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...om-eu-live-news

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Omfg "provided you obey they the laws"

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

HJB posted:

Also I'm enjoying the Guardian live blogger bringing us the Johnson speech in shitpost format:

They said they got the speech ahead of time, and Johnson doesn't punctuate

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

HJB posted:

Joris Bohnson posted:

We can ban the shipment of live animals

and yes, we will have those free trade deals

we already have some astonishing exports

just in the last few months I have seen an Isle of Wight ship-builder that exports vast leisure catamarans to Mexico

we export Jason Donovan CDs to North Korea

This is art

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HJB posted:

Genuinely can't tell if this is a joke or not

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I don't at all buy that Corbyn is bad at media. I think it's 100% the media is bad at being a thing that is capable of benefiting humanity and the whole thing should be shoveled into a big pit and set on fire.
I will continually bang on about this but I think the 'kinder politics' shtick has just ended up alienating him from a media who are looking for good telly and angry soundbites from a Neil Kinnock firebrand. I honestly think the public are as well, and I think it's one of the few things he's failing to deliver.

Early in his PMship he got the opportunities. I was watching the beeb and he'd be on there calmy talking about something unrelated when the entire country, remainer and leaver alike were baying for Cameroid's head, or whatever the latest Tory scandal was. There have been a ton of easy strikes that he refused to capitalise on.

Corbyn got a LOT of cache from being present on the ground after Grenfell and from talking about the loss of life. He's also been letting his inner shoutyman out at PMQs, but overall he is a man who is passionate about the left but not going on the attack, and I think that's what people want.

I also think the media office is failing, given the degree to which the bbc has been able to get away with question time and effectively deplatforming the opposition party.

VideoGames posted:

He points at you and smiles. "Nationalised."
:swoon:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Miftan posted:

I find it bizzare that Internet culture is now just regular bullshit people say and do. Back in my day we got bullied for that kinda thing!
tangent, but: some friends were chatting about the being-bullied-for-nerd-interests-which-are-now-cool thing the other night, and at least in our case hindsight has revealed we were actually being bullied for being awkward/weird/undersocialized. then there was a feedback loop where we dived into certain insular interests because no-one wanted to hang out with us, and then you get a cycle of bullied -> insular interests -> undersocialized -> bullied.

e: and thinking about it now, the awkwardness/weirdness/undersocializedness had some direct contribution to being chosen as targets, and some indirect contribution because it meant we had no allies or alternate group to escape into

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 2, 2019

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Joris Bohnson posted:

we want to turbo-charge the Scottish fishing sector; they would allow Brussels to charge for our turbot

holy gently caress

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wachter posted:

This is art

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Vast leisure catamarans off the Isle of Wight. I watched Jason Donovan CDs glitter in the dark near Pyongyang. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to Brexit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Vast leisure catamarans off the Isle of Wight. I watched Jason Donovan CDs glitter in the dark near Pyongyang. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to Brexit.

lmao

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

coffeetable posted:

tangent, but: some friends were chatting about the being-bullied-for-nerd-interests-which-are-now-cool thing the other night, and at least in our case hindsight has revealed we were actually being bullied for being awkward/weird/undersocialized. then there was a feedback loop where we dived into certain insular interests because no-one wanted to hang out with us, and then you get a cycle of bullied -> insular interests -> undersocialized -> bullied.

e: and thinking about it now, the awkwardness/weirdness/undersocializedness had some direct contribution to being chosen as targets, and some indirect contribution because it meant we had no allies or alternate group to escape into

I think there was quite a big overlap, but people were definitely, at the very least, dismissive of video games /trad games as stupid etc

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

OwlFancier posted:

:eyepop:

I can't not read it as song lyrics in that format.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

OwlFancier posted:

Can’t stop laughing please send help.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Miftan posted:

I think there was quite a big overlap, but people were definitely, at the very least, dismissive of video games /trad games as stupid etc

no they were saying its being trad cath thats stupid

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Niric posted:

Lib Dems going full pro-Tory, anti-Whig and literally demanding the Queen be installed as PM:

~no party politics~ says the leader of the party that is going full party politics by refusing to install the leader of Labour as PM

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

coffeetable posted:

You also get the thing where people at university/college just care way less about what you're into. People at school got bullied for liking videogames/anime, then at university you get the thing where people just go "I'll just sit in your room and watch you play Resident Evil 4, Fatal Frame, Sonic 2006 until 2AM"

Also wrt the Corbyn approval ratings and so on - https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/jeremy-corbyn-is-the-most-smeared-politician-in-history/18/07/

Chucat fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 2, 2019

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The Owen Jones coverage of the conference is great- the tory youth fuckin' hate brexit but the auditoriums are just packed with ur-gammons

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

bump_fn posted:

no they were saying its being trad cath thats stupid

tbf that would probably get you bullied in most Israeli High schools for sure

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

OwlFancier posted:

Amazing.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/DaveHarrisonBBC/status/1178955004314554368?s=20

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I got bullied for being a spergy weirdo and videos game were definitely a part of that before around Year 10, at which point things started to change and I actually ended up making some friends because we both liked vidya and ended up playing a shitload of Dynasty Warriors 3 together and stuff.

OwlFancier posted:

Lmao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

:pusheen:

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1179333572177600520

So Corbyn is definitely unpopular - but Johnson isn't very popular either, and that number can keep going down. The 'Brexit at any cost' will I suppose keep him a certain base, if he can keep deflecting the blame, but I don't think the sexual misconduct angle is going down well. Labour (or it's '''outriders''') should focus on that, I'd think.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Someone on twitter posted about the questions that can lead up to them asking about preference for PM in polls, and they are absolutely designed to get you angry about specific poo poo beforehand

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Nasty.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Just perfectly normal climate variations, nothing to worry about, the dinosaurs died out and they didn't have cars or factories

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

mediadave posted:

So Corbyn is definitely unpopular - but Johnson isn't very popular either, and that number can keep going down. The 'Brexit at any cost' will I suppose keep him a certain base, if he can keep deflecting the blame, but I don't think the sexual misconduct angle is going down well. Labour (or it's '''outriders''') should focus on that, I'd think.

Unpopular according to Opinium, the same agency that has the Tories with a 15 point lead

UK polling is not worth paying attention to, especially when there isn't an election going on

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Polls mean poo poo until the election is called. I pray for another Corbyn surge once he elbow drops Boris during a live debate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/jane__bradley/status/1179343952127909890?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

mediadave posted:

They should hammer him for it anyway, but I don't think the sex pest stuff will affect him much cause everyone knew he's one all along and right wing women will vote for a misogynist if he's racist enough.

According to some guy who claimed to have tory internal polling data the actual weakness for bojo is competence. Even the brexiters aren't sure that he's competent enough to do brexit properly and that becomes more and more serious as brexit approaches.
He got a bounce from being a banter lad, a change from maybot, but now that is waning.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Just calling this list of landlines at 10am on a Monday to get a highly representative sample of voters

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

OwlFancier posted:

There's one shipbuilder on the Isle Of Wight and their warehouse is bloody tiny. I should know, I've been in it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Ratjaculation posted:

Polls mean poo poo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There's one shipbuilder on the Isle Of Wight and their warehouse is bloody tiny. I should know, I've been in it

I mean from what you've suggested about the place maybe they build them on the seafloor in the deep one city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

OwlFancier posted:

I mean from what you've suggested about the place maybe they build them on the seafloor in the deep one city?

Our ships come presunk. Saves time