Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

VideoGames posted:

Everyone what are some of your gamer secrets?
I never kill non-hostile NPCs on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

VideoGames posted:

the last time i copied that floppy was the dreamcast back in 2002 because it was so easy and the system was already dead

ever since then i've done everything the legal way like a dipshit, which means a lotta amazon sellers purchases

e: i definitely homebrewed a lot of my stuff anyway, just because it was cool to do but it just meant playing games i already owned carts for.. but on my PSP!!! which I don't even remember why i bought it originally. there must've been some game. i had a dungeon crawler for it

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 2, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Baller Time posted:

I don't like and never liked anything Nintendo has ever put out, except Tetris

sorry to hear you hate balloon fight like some sort of jerk

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

the last time i copied that floppy was the dreamcast back in 2002 because it was so easy and the system was already dead

ever since then i've done everything the legal way like a dipshit, which means a lotta amazon sellers purchases

i definitely homebrewed a lot of my stuff anyway, just because it was cool to do
I don't think I've ever pirated a newly released game. Even with retro games I mostly go for original copies or, in case of bullshit expensive stuff like Earthbound, some official emulation method like Virtual Console.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh right, i had UNTOLD LEGENDS for PSP, it was a dungeon crawler and it wasn't very good

and maybe ridge racer?? riiiiiiiidge racer??

i was too paranoid about getting viruses to pirate stuff. and then when bit torrent happened i had no idea how it worked and never bothered to learn. that was my first "i'm getting old" moment and i wasn't even old yet!!

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Black sheep wall
Show me the money

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

This isn't a gamer secret, but I started playing Yakuza 2 on PS2 again. Meant to LP it last year after finishing the Yakuza 1 LP, but the recordings I did back then looked like poo poo and then I kinda forgot about the whole thing.

Speaking of Yakuza, VideoGames totally ignored my request for the Yakuza gang tag when he was handing those out in the PS4 and Yakuza threads last year :reject:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 2, 2019

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Doc M posted:

This isn't a gamer secret, but I started playing Yakuza 2 on PS2 again. Meant to LP it last year after finishing the Yakuza 1 LP, but the recordings I did back then looked like poo poo and then I kinda forgot about the whole thing.

Speaking of Yakuza, VideoGames totally ignored my request for the Yakuza gang tag when he was handing those out in the PS4 and Yakuza threads last year :reject:

I apologise.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

VideoGames posted:

Ahhh the 'Tekken 2 Eddy' stat :)

I enjoy average games more than I'm proud to admit. I had a blast with MGSurvive, Pyranha Bytes games like Elex and Risen(Never finished one, but they're always worth my money), Detroit, the Darksiders series, Iconoclasts and others.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yessss

:thatsrad:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:D

Seriously, if I forget to do stuff like that please tell me (anyone). It is usually my own forgetfulness causing it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

:D

Seriously, if I forget to do stuff like that please tell me (anyone). It is usually my own forgetfulness causing it.

You forgot to loan me £100 bucks

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My gamer secret is every couple of years I pull out, and unironically enjoy the hell out of this bad boy

It was one of my childhood games. It has not aged well at all. And the controls are rough. But I still love it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

VideoGames posted:

I drive safe in GTA games if it makes sense for the character to do so

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Here’s a gamer secret: when I was a child playing Diablo 2, I would scam people (they had to have been other children) out of items by forcing them to do a “trust test.” This involved me and them standing on opposite sides of a wall (that you could pick up items through) and having them drop an item on the ground to show they could trust me. At which point I would immediately violate this trust by picking up the item through the wall and leaving the game. I think maybe I did it under the guise of them joining my clan? I’m a little fuzzy on that detail.

I’m not proud of this.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Here’s a gamer secret: when I was a child playing Diablo 2, I would scam people (they had to have been other children) out of items by forcing them to do a “trust test.” This involved me and them standing on opposite sides of a wall (that you could pick up items through) and having them drop an item on the ground to show they could trust me. At which point I would immediately violate this trust by picking up the item through the wall and leaving the game. I think maybe I did it under the guise of them joining my clan? I’m a little fuzzy on that detail.

I’m not proud of this.

My brother and I just lied even harder and said we could dupe their armor. And alarming number of people fell for that one. So, you're not alone in being a dirty Diablo thief back in the day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have never played Majora's Mask

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
You’re not missing much. Definitely don’t try and play it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've never had one of the gang tags but would heat action a man in cold blood for a Yakuzzi one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yo there's no ID thread anymore

im looking for a game cinematic, all I remember was it was around when Neverwinter came out but I don't know if it was Neverwinter. I'm pretty sure it took place in Forgotten Realms though. In the cinematic there's a battlefield and then portal open and cowled wizards (not sure if same cowled wizards from Baldur's Gate 2) come out and start blasting the enemy army with magic, anyone know what I'm talking about

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/kenneynl/status/1178791031506165760?s=21

While also opening this:

https://youtu.be/Nt9bkgRQbLs

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The entire OST is played with kazoos

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

I could play surfing multiplayer maps in Source games all day.

The pipe dream minigame was the Gwent of Spider-man, I loved it and would pay for a stand-alone version with more challanges.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Baller Time posted:

I don't like and never liked anything Nintendo has ever put out, except Tetris

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LETSGODIGITAL

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it’s been a long time since i enjoyed an nintendo game but that’s probably mostly because it’s been a long time since i’ve owned an nintendo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DIGITALSUCKS

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i installed the mod to bring back quiet but that'a not a secret

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did you know they patched it in later that if you did some schoolyard "if you use push on the truck you can get mew" bullshit where if you replayed her mission 10 times in a row without killing her you could get her back or something like that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

*clears throat*

*taps mic*

*motions for silence*

Tony Honk's Pro Skater

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Trabant posted:

Hello thread. I'm looking for some game recommendations and figured you can help.

I haven't played anything in ages, but have this hankering for games like Flashback and Another World and don't feel like replaying them for the nth time on my Amiga emulator. Are there any recent PC games similar to those which you can recommend?

In case you're not familiar with my nostalgia trip, here's what I'm talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyY9Sz13d0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMf_bEfqIc

Basically what if Prince of Persia but sci-fi?

Check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkWdaz6Ut2s

It came out this year and is exactly a game made in that style. It's rad as gently caress, though a bit janky at times, but that might have improved since launch when I played it. Definitely recommend.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

*clears throat*

*taps mic*

*motions for silence*

Tony Honk's Pro Skater

:honk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:perfect:

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

My gamer secret: When I convinced my parents to get me the Turok games by saying I would turn the blood off. But a couple times, when they weren't around, I turned it back on for a couple minutes to see what it looked like.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Trabant posted:

Hello thread. I'm looking for some game recommendations and figured you can help.

I haven't played anything in ages, but have this hankering for games like Flashback and Another World and don't feel like replaying them for the nth time on my Amiga emulator. Are there any recent PC games similar to those which you can recommend?

In case you're not familiar with my nostalgia trip, here's what I'm talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyY9Sz13d0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMf_bEfqIc

Basically what if Prince of Persia but sci-fi?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTAN0Ps_rRo
I haven't played it but it's been on my Switch wishlist since I saw it in the eShop. I don't know if it has a ledge grab, I know that's a key element of these sorts of game. Otherwise is seems like a blend of Flashback and Out of This World

Why does it have CD player controls? Do PS4 dev frequently need to skip to the next track on the bgame they're working on? Does that pause button freeze the game in some sort of override?

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 2, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will say don't pick up the flashback remake that popped into existence a few years back, it seemed pretty crummy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

plz dont pull out posted:

My gamer secret: When I convinced my parents to get me the Turok games by saying I would turn the blood off. But a couple times, when they weren't around, I turned it back on for a couple minutes to see what it looked like.

You're grounded

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I had forgotten how much Destiny 2's intro sounds like something from Garth Marenghi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXDmX5rJC8E

It was a golden age. And, for centuries, humanity thrived.

Until it didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Trying to think of my GOTYs is difficult because the amount of awesome games I have played each year.

I think if we go for one a year it reads like this (I do not always play games in the same year they are released):

2019 - Super Mario Maker 2
2018 - Nier:Automata
2017 - Horizon Zero Dawn
2016 - Fallout 4
2015 - Super Mario Maker
2014 - Tomb Raider
2013 - Mass Effect 3
2012 - Team Fortress 2
2011 - Portal 2
2010 - Team Fortress 2
2009 - Team Fortress 2
2008 - Dead Space
2007 - Tomb Raider Anniversary
2006 - Tomb Raider: Legend
2005 - F.E.A.R.
2004 - Unreal Tournament 2K4

I cannot really remember much before 2004. I used to play a lot of old games over and over, like Quake 2 and Doom and make maps and mods and such. Same with Half Life and Duke Nukem 3D. For a while I mostly played FPS games and not much else.

You see that they updated the online in Mario Maker 2 yesterday? It's an absolute blast