Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

dragonshardz posted:

As I understand it, you believe that they're trying to do a "constructive dismissal" - make your work environment so hostile that you quit. Yes?

The question I have is who is "they"? The three people who filed possibly false sexual harassment complaints? The company itself? If the latter, why? Is it just because you've been there for two years and they want to cut you loose?

If you're such an indispensable part of the team, the reasonable assumption is that they wouldn't boot you out for simply being there for a long time. So there's got to be some reason for you to be targeted like you believe you are being.

And if you believe you are being targeted for a constructive dismissal, have you filed your own complaint with whatever governmental body handles that poo poo?

What? I said ‘the company’. Nobody filed anything related to ‘false harassment’ officially, just that the company dragged me forcefully into a biased meeting so I just presented evidences. Since the COO was actively trying to use it to get me fired, it’s all depp underwater now and being hushed. This company’s run by pretty much 3 people (CEO, COO, Project head), and if they don’t like something about you then they’ll tell you to GTFO.

The only reason why they couldn’t was because they were unable to hire enough devs to replace my roles until late June this year. Then one of the replacement left late August after looking for other jobs ever since the ‘harassment’ meeting was held. And another person left couple of weeks after he couldn’t handle the work load, so ongoing developments related to my ‘previous’ works are delayed until further notice.

Also filing against company is a last resort. If the company stops pressuring me then I’m fine. I’m looking for other places (things are progressing at least), and will GTFO when I find a good enough place. Or it can turn into an official poo poo throwing contest that nobody will come out on top anyway. And Korea is a tiny place.

Edit: RIP. Someone got told to GTFO after having internship extended. Not law breaking in this case so just wish that person a luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Anyone have any experience rolling out Azure MFA (the one that comes with Office 365)? The company is hesitant to shell out for the P1 licensing so we can use Duo instead and the Microsoft’s 2FA systems seems to suck rear end and the free variant they give you seems gimped.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Anyone have any experience rolling out Azure MFA (the one that comes with Office 365)? The company is hesitant to shell out for the P1 licensing so we can use Duo instead and the Microsoft’s 2FA systems seems to suck rear end and the free variant they give you seems gimped.

It's okay. Make sure your users know how to make App Passwords. Leave it off of one at least one Admin account, just in case.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Azure MFA is fine, but we are using the version you pay extra for.

It can be licensed separately or it is included in P1. If you license it separately you can license per user or per authentication.

Also, app passwords are bad and should only be used if there is literally no other option.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

silicone thrills posted:

Used to work with a person who I guess had ibs? They would bring their laptop into the bathroom and wfs (work from stall). Literally in the shitter for like 4 hours a day.

Sounds like a cunning plan to work in peace, without annoying coworkers interrupting you on the phone, or turning up at your 'desk' all the time.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

So the COO is out to get you?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Use modern apps not app passwords you heathens

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Thanks Ants posted:

Use modern apps not app passwords you heathens

This. There should be no need for Outlook and Skype App Passwords anymore.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Learned about "Windows Hello" today. I am referring to it as "Windows Hell No".

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Microsoft reporting has a giant bug in it currently and its pissing me off. Their office 365 activation reporting will show someone having no activation's on any OS for the lifetime of their account but then will also show an activation date. So in essence, users can have activated office activations but no reported devices.

This led me to running some numbers through senior leadership yesterday saying "Hey, we need to remove all these unused licenses because look at the cost savings!" only to have the huge number be cut by 2/3's after I got them excited about some big cost savings. I did the wrong thing and trusted repoting from my VAR which doesn't account for the last activation date attribute, only the devices.

It doesn't matter that I am still saving the company a ton of money. What matters is now I am not saving AS MUCH money as I promised less than 24 hours ago and people will be mad.

gently caress

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Sickening posted:

It doesn't matter that I am still saving the company a ton of money. What matters is now I am not saving AS MUCH money as I promised less than 24 hours ago and people will be mad.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Bob Morales posted:

"Can you check if Todd in Accounting has a mail drive installed? He is complaining that Outlook is slow"

Yes, Todd has a mail drive installed already.

CRICKETS IN THE TICKET
Our o365/Exchange admin's last day is Friday. I am opening sooooo many tickets about the mail drive, and telling everyone he always fixed it.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

5er posted:

What, specifically, don't you like about it?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

5er posted:

I'm actually just playing around with this on a Surface at work and it seems pretty great to me.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I do not like talking to computers. I do not want computers listening to me. I do not like the transparently insincere, pandering manner in which Microsoft tries to give their os a "personality."

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

5er posted:

I do not like talking to computers. I do not want computers listening to me. I do not like the transparently insincere, pandering manner in which Microsoft tries to give their os a "personality."

:confused:

Windows Hello is biometrics/facial recognition/alternate authentication, not voice activation.

Are you thinking of Cortana?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Yeah, nothing you described has anything to do with Hello

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'm sorry, all I hear is Scotty from Star Trek 4 going " Hello, Computer. Computer, Hello?"

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

It works with an IR enabled camera which when it works , it works pretty good . I’d rather do that than have to key in my password 9999999 times a day to elevate like I do today . Give the computer the ol’ stink eye.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Who else has to deal with people who are compelled to contribute to email chains while adding nothing of value at all?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Thanks Ants posted:

Who else has to deal with people who are compelled to contribute to email chains while adding nothing of value at all?

Junior tech chiming in, colleague being dumb, or boss having nothing of value?

(Or, evidently, failing to read the updates he requests.)

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The mail drive thing is bad, but what if you had someone train people for YEARS before you arrived to sort ALL their mail into PSTs. Multiple PSTs. And then... they decided to connect those PSTs from a SMB share. In another state 1000 miles away.

Outlook does not like this.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Thanks Ants posted:

me too!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
We're getting rid of Outlook for Gmail in the next three months and I'm super pumped.

Also today our user automation catastrophically failed on my machine to the point that I'm locked out of my account and might actually need to entirely recreate my account.

Our identity management is a huge clusterfuck with AD, okta, google SSO and our mac MDM's own authentication built into Google. I cannot wait until we entirely get rid of AD next month.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Google's SSO is poo poo though so I hope you're authenticating against something else

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The Iron Rose posted:

We're getting rid of Outlook for Gmail in the next three months and I'm super pumped.

Also today our user automation catastrophically failed on my machine to the point that I'm locked out of my account and might actually need to entirely recreate my account.

Our identity management is a huge clusterfuck with AD, okta, google SSO and our mac MDM's own authentication built into Google. I cannot wait until we entirely get rid of AD next month.

If we weren't so tied into everyone having microsoft office we would be using gsuite.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

To: All Users
Subj: Josh Groban Tickets

I have two Josh Groban tickets for tomorrow night at the Brady. Bought them weeks ago but can't go. Free to anyone who wants them.

Subj: RE: Josh Groban Tickets

I'm busy that night!! Dang!!!!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

Not often, but this thread has prepared me for when it does happen.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Weedle posted:

I have two Josh Groban tickets for tomorrow night at the Brady. Bought them weeks ago but can't go. Free to anyone who wants them.

Subj: Fwd: Re: RE: Josh Groban Tickets

I DONT KNOW. WHO THAT IS,,,

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Thanks Ants posted:

Google's SSO is poo poo though so I hope you're authenticating against something else

i am discovering this more and more by the day

it's still much better than everywhere i've worked previously by miles

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Not IT related, but I would love to know what brain genius decided to put "Pumped Up Kicks," a song about a school shooting, on the playlist for this morning's middle school fun run.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

rm -rf'd a server on accident today

More later

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

MAHHHMAAAAA I JUST rm -rf A MANNNNNNN

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Weedle posted:

Bigass Moth posted:

Subj: Fwd: Re: RE: Josh Groban Tickets

I DONT KNOW. WHO THAT IS,,,

take me off this mailing list!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

take me off this mailing list!

Yeah me too!

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

devmd01 posted:

Yeah me too!
Subj: Re:re:re:reeee
Guys, its not a mailing list, just stop using reply-all to respond!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Re:re:re: resolution of issue X
>>>Good work, appreciate your efforts

Yes I love seeing one email being replied to for each person up the chain to the CIO.

Is there an outlook rule that can let you hide them?

Subject contains "re:re:", body contains "thanks", from boss/boss's boss/his boss?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Users can reopen\create new tickets by replying to an email so I delete at least one "Thanks!" ticket a day. :sigh:

Speaking of that, gently caress TrackIT for not following its own configuration when I've told it to ignore "Automatic Reply:" emails.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I just get email threads where people gently caress up reply all in Gmail until there are six commingled threads with each thread going to a different subset of the original recipients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevewm
May 10, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

We did this years ago, and never looked back. So glad to be rid of that turd and its bullshit.

Granted though we don't use any form of SSO or sync GSuite with our AD. 95% of our GSuite usage is email, with a smattering of Drive and Docs.