Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

StrangersInTheNight posted:

However he goes, he's not going down without a fight, that's for drat sure

Trump, for all his insistence that he’s a scrappy fighter, has never fought for a goddamned thing in his life. Once he loses, he’s going to attack all of his allies for failing him while he spends three months sulking, golfing, and ignoring his job even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

You live this life once, don't waste it being scared of anything.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

sexpig by night posted:

you should be way more scared of his fans than him himself because Trump is a queeny bitch from New York who spends most of his time making fun of other D-listers even as the literal most powerful person on earth, he's not gonna fight against the loving US military or form a government in exile or whatever

This is true, but it seems unfair to queens to characterize him like that, unless you mean the place Queens, NY in which case it's also unfair but maybe less so.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trump is the rich bully in all those 90s movies that collapses the second you throw a punch.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

you should be way more scared of his fans than him himself because Trump is a queeny bitch from New York who spends most of his time making fun of other D-listers even as the literal most powerful person on earth, he's not gonna fight against the loving US military or form a government in exile or whatever

"Government in exile" was a hyperbolic name for him fleeing the country to avoid punishment and then claiming "I'm the president still, those democrats stole it!" on twitter until he dies.

Edit: name not term

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 2, 2019

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

wilderthanmild posted:

"Government in exile" was a hyperbolic term for him fleeing the country to avoid punishment and then claiming "I'm the president still, those democrats stole it!" on twitter until he dies.

This is 100% going to happen regardless of where Trump ends up.

edit: if he's successfully impeached, I mean.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

sexpig by night posted:

I'm seriously imagining a trump 'government in exile' and I can't stop laughing, just him and three jet-ski salesmen in Moscow trying to bribe congresspeople onto their side with coupons for free nights at trump hotels

The Michael Scott Paper Company

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sean10mm posted:

This is true, but it seems unfair to queens to characterize him like that, unless you mean the place Queens, NY in which case it's also unfair but maybe less so.

I mean queeny like drama queen, the worst a trump in exile will do is go "PRESIDENT WARREN WAS A MESS IN HER STATE OF THE UNION, NOT NEAR AS MANY APPLAUSE BREAKS AS "TRUMP" GOT! BYE BYE SWEETIE!"

wilderthanmild posted:

"Government in exile" was a hyperbolic term for him fleeing the country to avoid punishment and then claiming "I'm the president still, those democrats stole it!" on twitter until he dies.

that's hilarious then, who cares

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ummel posted:

At least the student government is getting dragged in the comments.

https://twitter.com/accentspeakers/status/1179088417570918401?s=09

Apparently this is a year that the SG dropped funding for arts programs, so that's nice. I believe we ended up canceling the Richard Spencer speech a couple of years ago, so hopefully we can do the same here.

Edit-nm he ended up speaking, but his supporter who poo poo at protestor pled out in February, so have fun in the Florida penitentiary system. https://www.alligator.org/news/rich...1d079ba9df.html

:stare: Her face is just....uggghhh, that is hauntingly creepy.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Everything from Trump’s US Government in Exile will be covered in his stupid “tough” face where he just looks constipated.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
It’s also worth noting that Trump absolutely hates anything resembling actual work. The duties of his current job that he isn’t able to shirk are obviously very hard on him. That’s going to influence his thinking, even if he can’t be aware of it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/adamkelsey/status/1179405033001144320?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"President Warren's SOTU no longer 'hot', many people want 'Trump' back! Bye bye honey won't be president long, coup attempt?"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Taerkar posted:

This is probably giving him too much credit but I think that was a clumsy attempt to make a 'AOC and her thugs are now in control' attack.
Yeah, that's a stretch if I've ever read one. :v:

ummel posted:

Apparently this is a year that the SG dropped funding for arts programs, so that's nice. I believe we ended up canceling the Richard Spencer speech a couple of years ago, so hopefully we can do the same here.

Edit-nm he ended up speaking, but his supporter who poo poo at protestor pled out in February, so have fun in the Florida penitentiary system. https://www.alligator.org/news/rich...1d079ba9df.html
Is there a stream/video of Junior speaking? He probably sounds like a giant idiot, but I've actually never heard him talk.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Clinton Crime Cartel strikes again

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

I'm seriously imagining a trump 'government in exile' and I can't stop laughing, just him and three jet-ski salesmen in Moscow trying to bribe congresspeople onto their side with coupons for free nights at trump hotels

The actual president could nationalize a Trump property every time Trump tweets, resulting in Trump having the human equivalent of a kernel panic from his narcissistic need for attention and his outright greed colliding.

Life would be grand.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Pelosi and Schiff press briefing starting soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLb1_V1f35U

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1179406259273031682?s=21

Presented without comment

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"The card says 'Moot' "

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
So Trump has his cabinet flying around the world to discredit the Muller report in order to lift Russian sanctions. I wonder what they have on him.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

ummel posted:

Nice. During Hispanic Heritage Month. Good look, UF.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
lol this nigga said moot

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Maybe he legit doesn't remember, I could actually buy that.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moooooooooot

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dude is almost 80. It is not a huge surprise.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

an entire Christopher Poole full of gators.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

"... but not that tough." There goes that 35% floor.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

This moot as well be a confirmation.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When they make the blockbuster Trump biopic I think it's even money that they try to do it from "his perspective" — which will entail creating a personality from whole cloth and projecting it onto him.

I literally cannot imagine a way in which they are able to depict his outlook in a human, relatable manner that is actually consistent with his real-life behavior. Either they have to present him 100% through other people's experiences of him, or they have to make up a completely fictionalized Trump who is so divorced from the real creature as to be unrecognizable.

The way he is is just so ... patently inhuman that he defies fictional representation. If you made up a character like him it simply wouldn't be believable. You'd be criticized for making him implausibly shallow, vain, delusional, and utterly without empathy for any other human being. Not to mention the stupidity, which is its own whole category of "yeah right".

I can't help but imagine them casting some great old thespian to play him as a deep, brooding, tormented soul with profound convictions and terrible battles of conscience to fight day by day, pursing his lips and closing his eyes and seething about the heartbreaking sacrifices he has to make between his family, his business, and the responsibility of running the country, even if the movie depicts all three things as just a long string of crimes. If they do it this way, of course it will be utter garbage, but it feels like how some filmmaker would inevitably want to approach it.

Maybe they could do it as a movie-within-a-movie with the above as Trump's wavy-edged inner monologue, and the rest of the movie is a Death of Stalin-esque framing device. Just everyone staring at him in incredulity as he raves in his fantasy world.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A) MOOT

B) I genuinely would love it if saying he doesn't want to build a james bond death trap for migrants costs him republican support

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Unfortunate that the only candidate who can even be bothered to set the right goals for climate change action is almost eighty loving years old.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Holy poo poo. "Moot" has me laughing so hard right now :lol:

Edit: like, he actually just straight up wrote "Moot". Fuckin' capitalised and everything. This is up there with hamberders and covfefe dumbassery.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 2, 2019

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Tayter Swift posted:

"... but not that tough." There goes that 35% floor.

Trump weak on border security. Doesn't want to help our handsome alligator farmers. SAD!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nail Rat posted:

Maybe he legit doesn't remember, I could actually buy that.

Never forget that Trump's brain is actively rotting out from under him, everything will only accelerate from here until his tweets just trail off into ju78hncde4rxmnju7 /.;-/;.'-0hnbjdfc

:foxnews: "AMERICA LOVES RANDOM STRINGS OF CHARACTERS"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm the Moot. Ask me anything

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Uh "Bernie Sanders suspends presidential campaign due to heart surgery"
e: heard just now on MSNBC, looking for another source
e: yeah twitter is lighting up with this

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCook/status/1179405555863101449

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The best part of MOOT is those letters are basically on opposite sides of the keyboard

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So where's the presser from Schiff and Pelosi?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Congrats to Warren, I guess.

Poor Bernie :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Kinda makes sense you'd suspend your campaign while convalescing, to be honest.