Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Grouchio posted:

Wait a godamn minute Bernie isn't dropping out; he's just taking several days off from campaigning after heart surgery, right?

His campaign has apparently cancelled ad buys in Iowa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Herewaard posted:

Bunch of Arzy's in here

"Suspending" a campaign has no real formal definition and different campaign's use it to mean different things. Just wait a few days and see what is learned before you freak-out.

https://twitter.com/MediumBuying/status/1179403871229267974

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

Good luck spinning that to voters. All they will read is “chest pain”, “blocked artery”, and they will think “heart attack.”

Then they will remember how old he is and how old he looks.

Yeah, even if he's in perfect health after this, it will certainly shake peoples faith in him being healthy enough to be Pres.

Then again, look at what we currently have in office.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

The last STEMI I took to PCI a few weeks ago was discharged home in like 11hrs for a 2 vessel stent.

Yeah PCI is loving magical, but this isn't good no matter how you look at it.

For Democrats only, of course. Dick Cheney's heart was made of paper mache and hot glue.

Nail Rat posted:

It said right there he had chest discomfort which is why he went in.

STEMI, NSTEMI, UA, Angina, indigestion?

I was just throwing stuff out there.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:tif:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Nail Rat posted:

It said right there he had chest discomfort which is why he went in.

And the narrative is going to be damning either way. He's already playing from behind.

Yeah, you don't get to be 78 on the campaign trail and have a surgery like this without it impacting your support. It's already absolutely insane that he has the support that he does despite his age. He's sunk and he probably knows it.

RIP last reasonable chance for drastic climate action while it might still make a difference.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Why is nobody ever on time to their press conference in Washington?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-dZxsYq6o

Press conference on Impeachment from Pelosi

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wonder if Pelosi delayed the press conference to give the Bernie news some time to breath because they’re pretty late

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

His campaign has apparently cancelled ad buys in Iowa.

because you don't do ad buys without having events to go with them? Stents aren't some crippling surgery, you can talk about ~ThE oPtIcS~ all you want but he's not gonna drop out

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder if Pelosi delayed the press conference to give the Bernie news some time to breath because they’re pretty late

Comedy option: They are late because the IG keeps saying "But wait, there's more..."

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, you don't get to be 78 on the campaign trail and have a surgery like this without it impacting your support. It's already absolutely insane that he has the support that he does despite his age. He's sunk and he probably knows it.

Bernie wasn’t my first choice out of the group(leaving the statement there, not primary chat). But, I didn’t want to see him drop out like this.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Actually it's because of the Moot

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No they are always late

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I'm in awe that cardiovascular health might end Bernie's campaign and yet Donald Trump, the man who abhors exercise, eats nothing but McDonalds, and has one of the most stressful jobs in the world hasn't had a catastrophic stroke.

Structural factors account for most social and historical phenomena, but sometimes you just keep getting some really lovely dice rolls.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

sexpig by night posted:

because you don't do ad buys without having events to go with them? Stents aren't some crippling surgery, you can talk about ~ThE oPtIcS~ all you want but he's not gonna drop out

Get used to it. Everyone not already voting for Sanders will use this as a way to downplay his ability to run.

Bernie will be back in two days and they'll still be wrong.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I'm in awe that cardiovascular health might end Bernie's campaign and yet Donald Trump, the man who abhors exercise, eats nothing but McDonalds, and has one of the most stressful jobs in the world hasn't had a catastrophic stroke.

Trumps doctors have to be covering up his medical issues. I don’t care what anyone else says.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
In other news, the Dow is down about 430 right now.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Flip Yr Wig posted:

You have seen his twitter feed lately right? I’m not convinced he’s not mid-stroke with 90% of his tweets lately.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Bernie will be back running onto stages next week.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Bernie ad buys and dropping out discussion definately goes in the primary thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Get used to it. Everyone not already voting for Sanders will use this as a way to downplay his ability to run.

Bernie will be back in two days and they'll still be wrong.

pretty much, he'll be back yelling at poo poo in a couple days and we'll still have MSNBC hot takes asking if sanders is too frail to continue

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Arguably a 60 year old President Sanders would be ideal, but President Warren is going to be better than Present President Sanders

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Structural factors account for most social and historical phenomena, but sometimes you just keep getting some really lovely dice rolls.

Trump's job isn't stressful, he starts his day at 11 and his official day ends about 4. He has at least two hours of executive time in there.

He doesn't do poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

In other news, the Dow is down about 430 right now.

what happened now

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bernie dead, so what? Gonna write him in anyways.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Trump's job isn't stressful, he starts his day at 11 and his official day ends about 4. He has at least two hours of executive time in there.

He doesn't do poo poo.

It’s not healthy to be so loving mad all the time.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

sexpig by night posted:

what happened now

The stock market went down.

Don't try to attribute an exact cause.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

i am harry posted:

Arguably a 60 year old President Sanders would be ideal, but President Warren is going to be better than Present President Sanders

What about President Colonel Sanders?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah PCI is loving magical, but this isn't good no matter how you look at it.

For Democrats only, of course. Dick Cheney's heart was made of paper mache and hot glue.

Oh for sure. Heartbreaking that the most progressive candidate we can put up is ancient as gently caress.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

what happened now

Still sliding on news from yesterday that manufacturing is collapsing?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sexpig by night posted:

what happened now

Well there's not real way to tell for sure but manufacturing numbers were pure poo poo yesterday and today the WTO said that the US can tariff the EU over Airbus subsidies.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Presser is starting.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trumps doctors have to be covering up his medical issues. I don’t care what anyone else says.

Retro42 posted:

You have seen his twitter feed lately right? I’m not convinced he’s not mid-stroke with 90% of his tweets lately.

Point well taken, but if it doesn't end with him in a coffin or a coma, I'm not going to count it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

i am harry posted:

President Warren would just turn into another President Obama within 100 days I guarentee it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

You actually have to care about poo poo to be stressed. The only thing Trump cares about is money and attention and both have been rolling in for three years.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
What a cack-handed intro.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

it looks like nancy pelosi is wearing a replica of the Mace of the Seargent at arms.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Pelosi not speaking that well here to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It would not shock me if he’s had several mini heart attacks that they covered up.