Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

he had stents put in, hes gonna drop out prolly

hope warren enjoys them points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Not supporting Bernie over Clinton in 2016 was one of the dumbest things I've ever done, and I enlisted in the military before. "but she's more electible"

*immediately eats poo poo against the world's dumbest man*

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:rip: bernie I hope warren can win.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Handsome Ralph posted:

One of those B-17s that flies around the country just crashed in Hartford.

CommieGIR posted:

Colling's B-17 9-0-9. Likely done for this time, significant fire.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
welp we're hosed, looking forward to every Trump family member getting 8 years

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

go home nancy you are drunk

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

This is so much loving funnier when you know moot (pronounced like foot) is australian slang for vagina

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Proud Christian Mom posted:

welp we're hosed, looking forward to every Trump family member getting 8 years

The D&D energy is strong with this post.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The president is extremely not mad:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179422987684077568

E: Editing because this tweet will probably get deleted and corrected:

The President posted:

The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone’s time and energy on BULLSHIT, which is what they have been doing ever since I got overwhelmingly elected in 2016, 223-306. Get a better candidate this time, you’ll need it!

The 2016 electoral college was 227-304.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 2, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember a Clive Cussler book where the president got kidnapped and brainwashed by the Rooskies to cause a constitutional crisis by trying to arrest Congress or something and the ultimate solution was to stick him in a simulated White House where he kept thinking he was running the country.

"Where's Dirk Pitt when you need him?", is my point, I think.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

:tinfoil: if you call 201-622-3306 you get a recorded message from Q telling you where Hillary’s 33,000 deleted and acid washed emails are stored :tinfoil:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper on Wednesday described the complaint submitted by an anonymous whistleblower about President Trump’s communications with Ukraine as the “best written” and “best prepared” complaint he had ever seen.

“I would say that of all the whistleblower complaints that I ever saw during my six and a half years as DNI that this one was the best written, best prepared, footnoted, and caveated as appropriately it should be,” Clapper, who served as DNI under President Obama from 2010 until the beginning of 2017, said at The Washington Post’s Cybersecurity Summit.

and in other investigations

quote:

House investigators are looking into an allegation that groups — including at least one foreign government — tried to ingratiate themselves to President Donald Trump by booking rooms at his hotels but never staying in them.

It’s a previously unreported part of a broad examination by the House Oversight Committee, included in Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, into whether Trump broke the law by accepting money from U.S. or foreign governments at his properties.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 2, 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Going to call this confirmation.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1179418901127614464?s=19

Also pour one out for Daniel Dale, the electoral college bullshit is one of Trump's main, easy-to-check lies.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I remember a Clive Cussler book where the president got kidnapped and brainwashed by the Rooskies to cause a constitutional crisis by trying to arrest Congress or something and the ultimate solution was to stick him in a simulated White House where he kept thinking he was running the country.

"Where's Dirk Pitt when you need him?", is my point, I think.

hanging out in his hangar at dulles with a massive collection of classic cars and trains and airplanes with his US Congresswoman wife

why yes I read every single one of those terrible rear end books as a young adult.

And I mean slight kudos to Clive Cussler for actually doing some semi cool poo poo with his money, like actually buying all those cars and finding old shipwrecks.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFgXF0a_Yw4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

remember when cons flipped their poo poo because obama called kanye a jackass

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Trump's handling impeachment with all the grace of a Facebook breakup.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sorry, Finland. I swear we're not usually like this!*

*definitely usually like this

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1179429087200325632?s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/RonWyden/status/1179412860969082885

:toot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

We really need to keep tugging on the NRA threads and see just how many people we can get wrapped up in money laundering and loving foreign agents

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

pantslesswithwolves posted:

:tinfoil: if you call 201-622-3306 you get a recorded message from Q telling you where Hillary’s 33,000 deleted and acid washed emails are stored :tinfoil:

I’m assuming this is a literal true statement

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

For people who rage against globalization, republicans seem to have no problem outsourcing our intel community to other countries, for the purpose of investigating our own intel agencies.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Man he's ranting big time in this press conference. We've coined "Shifty Schiff" now.

e: Obama talked to Putin once what about that checkmate libs

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Happy Halloween!

https://twitter.com/dougmillsnyt/status/1179436301201924099?s=19

BOO

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he had stents put in, hes gonna drop out prolly

hope warren enjoys them points

A coworker says his dad had stents put in and went back to work the next day, feeling way better once they were put in. If he quits, it'd be for optics, not health probably?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slim Pickens posted:

A coworker says his dad had stents put in and went back to work the next day, feeling way better once they were put in. If he quits, it'd be for optics, not health probably?

granted a stent placement is generally something that doesn't require much convalescing afterwards, but a presidential campaign is by all accounts insanely taxing on a person.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

If thats all it is it really isn't a big deal but he might have to cut back on his insane schedule and campaign only as hard as the rest of the field.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

Sorry, Finland. I swear we're not usually like this!*

*definitely usually like this

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1179429087200325632?s=19

Trump was just cold-calling various heads of state and asking them for "help", wasn't he?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Trump was just cold-calling various heads of state and asking them for "help", wasn't he?

The string of events is that he was basically looking to discredit the Mueller report, even after the report was done and Democrats were going to dither around on the obstruction information. Basically, what Barr is doing now. Except Donnie is dumb, so he extended it out to the Biden thing, because of his fox news brain thinking it was Ukraine that hacked the DNC, not Russia.

BONUS:

https://twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/1179438886176604160?s=19

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Slim Pickens posted:

It depends on how well the stents works. There's a wide range there, especially when you don't know much more than two stents went in. For sure he's going on heavy doses of drugs to lower his blood pressure. Almost all of those have the follow on effect of lowering energy and mental acuity at those doses.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The dog knows.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Just conservative governments I think

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The optics of "very old guy who looks and acts very old had to go to the hospital for heart problems and have same day heart surgery" are not great.

Pretty fuckin bad even.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

2 dead 12 seriously injured in the crash.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

2 dead 12 seriously injured in the crash.

gently caress, local news is blowing up about this

I've seen that b-17 flying around before, it was gorgeous :(

Slim Pickens posted:

working a 8 hour shift is probably a lot less intensive than a day running for president

plus the dude is 78

he ain't coming back

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bird cooch posted:

The optics of "very old guy who looks and acts very old had to go to the hospital for heart problems and have same day heart surgery" are not great.

Pretty fuckin bad even.

That’s how my dad went to the hospital, except they gave him a quadruple bypass. They had only planned on 3, but found another near-blockage while they were in there...so 4 it was. By that point he could barely walk fast, ride a bike, or shoot his bow for very long before being out of breath. I wish I still had the homecoming video when he got back, their big dog (Hooper, I’ve posted him a ton in the dog thread) was having anxiety issues while he was gone that all but disappeared after their reunion. Hoop was being best and keeping a close eye on my dad afterwards, too :unsmith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my dad went in for 4 and whelp turned out they all needed doing

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

working a 8 hour shift is probably a lot less intensive than a day running for president

plus the dude is 78

he ain't coming back

Don't tell D&D.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

IMO Bernie dropping could almost cement a Warren victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

US manufacturing and agricultural sectors are already in a recession and it continues to get worse.

FAUXTON posted:

yeah I saw a headline yesterday that was like"stocks slump on worst manufacturing data in a decade"

I fell for the STEM meme and went through a local community college's (really good) AA program for manufacturing tech. Around here the handful of places won't even look at your resume without 5 years of experience. :smith: