Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I had to move into my new house today. What came of all the news today? Pelosi meeting, IG report etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I really want someone to ask the Finnish president about Trump's unhinged behavior.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
E: NM

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Trump is getting his second wind. Someone gave him his baby bottle of booze and uppers.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

Lol, on that note Trump's probably already poo poo on the floor.

Taking pointers from Chuck Johnson.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

What's this about bodies?

As far as I can tell shipping bodies around the world to be examined by curious scientists was a big thing back in the day, and wouldn't you know it the bodies being shipped weren't too likely to be white. So there's been some native american bones/petrified bodies laying forgotten in warehouse somewhere and they've now been sent back. Which is I guess good, but I don't know how it's a great diplomatic feat when actually it's probably closer to oh poo poo we kind of forgot we had those, here you go. Since there's only so much you get out of prodding bones until you just kind of shove them in boxes somewhere until someone comes asking about them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I don't know how you guys watch him; just hearing his stupid voice and his toddler's vocabulary makes my blood pressure rise.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
The one thing that continues to convince me that Trump is done for is his inability to keep it together for even a minute.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gortarius posted:

I'm not an US citizen but I can't watch this cringefest presser any further.

it's very very difficult watching this guy for more than a couple minutes.

people travel for hours and hours to watch him rant.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Zotix posted:

So I had to move into my new house today. What came of all the news today? Pelosi meeting, IG report etc.

Pelosi presser was really boring but for some reason Trump melted the gently caress down in the Oval Office about it, red-faced yelling at reporters, etc. IG thing hasn't happened yet.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Zotix posted:

Nothing; the press conference was an opportunity for Pelosi to remind everyone that the House is doing very important legislating. Schiff updated everyone on the subpoenas issued and who is in hearings and when. They both said trump was committing crimes, basically. They took a few press questions. That was it.

Other news - trump is literally having a psychotic episode on television with the Finnish PM in the oval office(?).

oh and CNN chyrons 'Trump says 'BULLSHIT!'' because trump called the investigation BULLSHIT! on twitter.

I feel like this hasn't been posted in a while, and is a good daily roundup https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah you skipped the unstated "don't get caught doing this" step, if you're going to the trouble of destroying evidence you probably don't want to like, film yourself destroying the evidence or anything.

Well, I'd argue that anyone who went to that workshop and doesn't have their notes just got caught by that recording.

At the very least seems like something that would merit a bar complaint against Cleta Mitchell. She's straight up encouraging spoliation of evidence.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Once again, reminder that this isn't a TVIV thread and you need to be including context in your posts.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

E: nm

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

quote:

Finnish President Sauli Niinistö praised President Trump at a joint news conference today.

"Mr. President, you have here a great democracy. Keep it going on," he told Trump.

:discourse:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Trump just now: "We had an exact transcript."

First page of "transcript": This is not an exact transcription.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
This is painful. Literally-- I just smacked myself in the forehead listening to this bullshit.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did that Finnish reporter ask the Finland PM what favors Trump has asked of him?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump is claiming that Schiff helped write the whistleblower complaint.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Did that Finnish reporter ask the Finland PM what favors Trump has asked of him?

Yep and asked present trump how foreign policies going to suffer under the storm

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1179470603323084800

it's pretty nuts there are people that haven't grasped the president spends 90 percent of each day watching right wing television (or reading printouts from the various gremlins around him) and he's indistinguishable from the uncle your family avoids on holidays.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 2, 2019

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Piell posted:

Trump is claiming that Schiff helped write the whistleblower complaint.

And the CNN sub-headline is "Trump, without evidence, claims Intel Chair Schiff helped "write it"".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

1glitch0 posted:

And the CNN sub-headline is "Trump, without evidence, claims Intel Chair Schiff helped "write it"".

I love how more and more news outlets are making a genuine effort to fact check him in real time.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

RandomBlue posted:

Trump just now: "We had an exact transcript."

First page of "transcript": This is not an exact transcription.
It's like the Mueller report that totally exonerated him despite literally having the phrase "it does not exonerate him".

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao the stock market tanking while he rants like an insane person. Just makes it :discourse:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

I love how more and more news outlets are making a genuine effort to fact check him in real time.

If nothing else they seem to think that telling Trump to eat poo poo sells better than dumb poo poo like IS THIS TRUMP'S PIVOT TO NORMALCY?!?!?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm fairly sure the standard is that as soon as you expect legal proceedings you have a duty to preserve evidence, but I could be wrong.

I know. I was just intimating that its shocking common for litigants to destroy evidence as quickly as possible, and also extremely difficult to prove they did so maliciously.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
"Paul Ryan would never give out subpoenas"

LMAO he's shook and scared as hell of Ryan convincing Fox news to turn on him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1179469907752374272

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol he's just screaming

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Trump says that Pelosi is giving out subpoenas like cookies. "You want a subpoena, here have a cookie!"

If I had a choice I'd rather have a cookie than a congressional subpoena.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I've never seen a live Trump meltdown before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he's also making GBS threads on the Ukraine while saying he loves them in typical Trump style, I'm sure his bff in charge there is thrilled

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

This is the biggest one so far I would wager. He's very unhinged even for him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

CyberPingu posted:

I'm happy you've recovered from your 3 year coma.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

sexpig by night posted:

he's also making GBS threads on the Ukraine while saying he loves them in typical Trump style, I'm sure his bff in charge there is thrilled

Stop saying 'the ukraine'

You've been told about the sinister implications more than once and yet you keep doing it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahah holy poo poo he's so mad at this reporter asking questions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

twice burned ice posted:

Stop saying 'the ukraine'

You've been told about the sinister implications more than once and yet you keep doing it

what the gently caress?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

1glitch0 posted:

I'm happy you've recovered from your 3 year coma.

I rarely watch live news. I usually just follow the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
This guy is pissing trump off, it's funny.