Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm watching this presser with the sound off (because I can't stand his voice), but I just feel really sorry for the president of Finland. Imagine being elevated to the highest office in your land, and you have to stand next to this dumbass criminal as he rants and foams at the mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

sexpig by night posted:

what the gently caress?

“Ukraine is a country,” says William Taylor, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009. “The Ukraine is the way the Russians referred to that part of the country during Soviet times … Now that it is a country, a nation, and a recognized state, it is just Ukraine. And it is incorrect to refer to the Ukraine, even though a lot of people do it.”

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

twice burned ice posted:

Stop saying 'the ukraine'

You've been told about the sinister implications more than once and yet you keep doing it

I'm glad y'all taught me about that because I just had no idea and had always heard idiot Americans use it.

Really kind of an interesting confluence of linguistics and politics.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lmao he's actually stupid

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"that started 10 or 15 years ago"

"EXCUSE ME THE WINS ARE NOW."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CyberPingu posted:

I rarely watch live news. I usually just follow the thread

:same:

I think it's much healthier than just gazing into the big wet orange abyss without earplugs or welding goggles.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
THEY'RE MY WINS! MINE!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1179470716019851265
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1179471533468717056
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1179472087565639681
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1179471660459667456

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

twice burned ice posted:

“Ukraine is a country,” says William Taylor, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009. “The Ukraine is the way the Russians referred to that part of the country during Soviet times … Now that it is a country, a nation, and a recognized state, it is just Ukraine. And it is incorrect to refer to the Ukraine, even though a lot of people do it.”

ok, cool you randomly tried to make it sound like I had some crypto-soviet 'sinister' agenda there, my bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sean10mm posted:

I think it's a much healthier than just gazing into the big wet orange abyss without earplugs or welding goggles.

There are people who are being paid to listen to him, you don't have to do it for free. The especially salient/funny parts will be pulled out and reported.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Like as much as Trump bemoans the press being such meanies to him he’s really lucky he doesn’t have to speak with the reporters from the rest of the world who wont’t kiss his rear end and will actually ask cutting questions

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wow.

For those who can't watch, Trump had a little meltdown demanding that the reporter ask the President of Finland a question (instead of pressing Trump for a followup), then when the reporter finally did Trump didn't let the Finnish Pres answer.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

what the gently caress?

It's rude to include "the" at the start, he really overreacted, but he's right that you should stop saying it

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

"the wins are now" as trump tells reporter to ask the Finnish President a question, then answers the question anyway not letting the Finnish president speak

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump keeps telling reporters to ask questions of Finland's president but then trying to take over the question anyway.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
"ASK THE PRESIDENT OF FINLAND A QUESTION!" -President of the United States Donald J. Trump

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

"ASK THE PRESIDENT OF FINLAND A QUESTION!" -President of the United States Donald J. Trump

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1179472274522378240
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1179447242958221312

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

sexpig by night posted:

what the gently caress?

Apparently calling it "the Ukraine" is a reference back to its time as a Soviet state, and some people get rustled by it.

I used to work with a Ukrainian guy, he just thought it was weird that we'd say "the Ukraine" but not "the Canada" or "the Germany."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
lol the loving poo poo and run jab at CNN, what a wimp.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

theflyingorc posted:

It's rude to include "the" at the start, he really overreacted, but he's right that you should stop saying it

sexpig by night posted:

ok, cool you randomly tried to make it sound like I had some crypto-soviet 'sinister' agenda there, my bad

sexpig is an arrogant jackass who can't handle being talked to the same way he talks to other people, color me loving shocked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
lol what was with that shot at CNN? I know he hates them, but did they piss him off at this presser?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Has Trump ever stormed out of a press conference before? Will this be the first time?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Angry_Ed posted:

lol the loving poo poo and run jab at CNN, what a wimp.

what'd he say, I missed it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

what'd he say, I missed it

"We are a great democracy and I'm airing what I'm airing because we are a great democracy. and if the Press were honest, straight, forthright and tough, we would be an even better democracy. We wouldn't have to deal...with the CNNs of the country whoarecorruptthankyougoodbye" *tries to run, is a fat piece of poo poo, waddles instead*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Angry_Ed posted:

"We are a great democracy and I'm airing what I'm airing because we are a great democracy. and if the Press were honest, straight, forthright and tough, we would be an even better democracy. We wouldn't have to deal...with the CNNs of the country whoarecorruptthankyougoodbye"

lol christ

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol maybe I should be watching this?

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1179472890082795520

https://twitter.com/FrancoOrdonez/status/1179467385205641220

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Reminder that Schiff is Jewish and White Nationalists hate Jews just as much as they do blacks and hispanics. I would go as far as to say extreme right-wingers hate them even more, as they are the boogeymen for most of their conspiracies.

So he doesn’t get a pass for lumping Schiff and Schumer with The Squad.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Hey everybody I just got back from a two hour meeting. Care to help me refresh and rejuvenate myself with a link to this poo poo?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

it's over, it was pretty buck wild even for Trump

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Countdown until the Intel committee issues Pence a subpoena...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ahahaha I'm loving deceased

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pence: “please sir, run me over with this bus you’ve thrown me under”

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Reminder that Schiff is Jewish and White Nationalists hate Jews just as much as they do blacks and hispanics. I would go as far as to say extreme right-wingers hate them even more, as they are the boogeymen for most of their conspiracies.

So he doesn’t get a pass for lumping Schiff and Schumer with The Squad.

Shifty Schiff is a weak nickname

but anyone who has been implicated in the Ukraine scandal should be referred to as "on the Schiff-list."

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I loving spit-took

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Trump, having no loyalty to anybody but himself, tries to save himself by going "Oh well if you're investigating me how about investigating literally everybody else?"

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Get Schiff and Nancy back on tv just to say

Lmao nice meltdown.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Andross: If I go down, I'm taking you with me!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

My president pelosi fanfic is coming along nicely

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

DandyLion posted:

"Some would say he's the most calm person to ever have lived"

There’s a jpg out there that says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Is no one going to mention the press openly taunting Trump by shouting "Nancy Pelosi says you're afraid!!!" at him as he scurries away? That was pretty glorious.