Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Never really read DIY. This looks like a neat thread. Thanks for the link.

Now for some content to contribute, Bajaha's AI threads are good reading.

The current one:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830037

And the old (need archives I think) one where he actually builds the crazy car in the OP:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3517370

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Burt Sexual posted:

We had a lot of pinned threads at one time. I’ll put it back up for a bit and see if more users post.
A thread like this being stickied based entirely off "frequency of posting" isn't really a great idea tbh

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Invictus posted:

A thread like this being stickied based entirely off "frequency of posting" isn't really a great idea tbh

True. But having twelve sticks is annoying as well. We will try to balance better. Thanks!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Captain Invictus posted:

This is one of my favorite threads but I don’t want to poo poo it up with unhelpful posts

Whoops

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snowy posted:

This is one of my favorite threads but I don’t want to poo poo it up with unhelpful posts

Whoops

Tbh the rules may be too tight. Small chat about a thread should be allowed, it shuts down conversation and may lure people into said threads. .?..?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This thread is a dense nugget. It doesn't have to be chatty to be good.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably one of the most entertaining and informative threads I’ve ever read. We keep it fairly tight so not too much noise. OSHA!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763899

E y’all can just jump to the end and bookmark, it doesn’t require a full read, unless you want to!

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 19, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
^^ The OSHA thread is great. I'm quite far back in it and it just keeps on giving.

The restaurant industry thread is neat too, especially if you've worked in food service. Feeling crummy about your desk job grinding on and on? Went back to school and it's just beating you down? Read it and it'll galvanize your resolve to follow through.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827217

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Resting Lich Face posted:

^^ The OSHA thread is great. I'm quite far back in it and it just keeps on giving.

The restaurant industry thread is neat too, especially if you've worked in food service. Feeling crummy about your desk job grinding on and on? Went back to school and it's just beating you down? Read it and it'll galvanize your resolve to follow through.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827217

Uh oh
There goes my week
Thank you!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Spins posted:

Uh oh
There goes my week
Thank you!

If you REALLY wanna archive binge read the previous one first. It's actually pretty heartwarming to see people claw their way out of food service hell into better careers.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Was this gem already posted? Ask me about being a Traffic Engineer! If it was, it deserves a second posting.

It's a thread begun by the resident traffic engineer god Cichlidae in which he and lots of others like him have spent years and countless posts explaining why that one intersection near you works the way it does, why traffic tends to back up a lot at certain points on your way to work and not at others, how highways are designed properly and how often they're not (usually because budget issues), and why red lights are important and how they differ in function from country to country. It's legit one of the most fascinating threads on the forums. Many of the early illustrations have been eaten by TinyPic but it's still alive and kicking so just jump in!

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe you could include what your ideas of a great idea are for a thread like this

Instead of just making GBS threads on another idea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Walk With Transformer: The state charged Dr Bray with Murder

Another Talk to Transformer thread? Yes. Rowdy Ringsports revels in making the insane world of pro wrestling even more insane with the help of some AI. Plus you get some beautiful illustrations of it. To wit:

quote:

Dirty South & The Addiction vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Revival

They were a solid tag team with a lot of energy. Both teams were very physical, and both teams looked very dangerous in this match. We would see a lot of the same moves here with a lot of offense, I really enjoyed the double DQ, and a lot of really good footsies from the teams. We also saw a lot of the "Kiss and Hold" style

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

This current QCS thread has some pretty neat statistics about SA, mostly pertaining to bans/probes. Ever wondered who's spent the most cumulative time probated?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:siren: New sub for Paintball / Airsoft discussoing, and also airguns in general :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=277

Please pop in and share stories of being shot - and it being fun!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Needs a laser tag thread.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:justpost:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Scream Stream starts Friday, come watch weird horror movies from around the world with goons.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

super sweet best pal posted:

Scream Stream starts Friday, come watch weird horror movies from around the world with goons.

This is why I love this thread, I missed out on years of this cool thing and now I won’t anymore. Thanks for posting

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The probation stats thread in QQCS (i kno!) is amazing

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Best qcs thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

super sweet best pal posted:

I've enjoyed the scream stream over the years. Lurdiak is awesome and you can win pizza!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
This is a bit of a reversal, but is there a general Halloween thread in any forum? It feels like a few years since I've seen one now and I wonder if it's hidden away in some subforum that I don't tend to frequent.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

~Coxy posted:

This is a bit of a reversal, but is there a general Halloween thread in any forum? It feels like a few years since I've seen one now and I wonder if it's hidden away in some subforum that I don't tend to frequent.

Thanks for dusting off your Pentium and posting with us.

Rest assured someone will post a stupid rear end Halloween thread very soon.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

~Coxy posted:

There are some in BYOB.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

~Coxy posted:

do you mean the :doit: thread? : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898779

pumpkin carving :spooky: : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900290

the paranormal conspiracy forum is back :spooky: : https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=242

spoojy movies! :spooky: : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899519

I'm sure there are more season-appropriate threads around

:spooky:

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

someone who has been here for 10 years and not had at least a probie

scareds me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
For those unaware, software giant Blizzard-Activision just issued some extremely harsh punishment to a Hong Kong pro gamer who made a pro-Hong Kong statement on stream.

Follow Blizzard's hilarious and sickening doubling-down on their pandering to Chinese censorship policies ("Free Hong Kong" has joined "feminist" in the list of banned usernames) in the thread HERE in the newly-minted Free Hong Kong forum.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
I can't speak for everybody but I'm not really feeling Halloween this year. There just doesn't seem to be the same good Halloween-y feel in the air.

Feels like this year is all about Samhain (rhymes with "now when")

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The saga of the goon whose wife was targeted by a crazy litigious stalker is back and wrapping up

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hopefully It's wrapping up. It's been over 14 months of nonstop craziness and restraining order violations

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
A little shameless self promotion to be sure, but if you're into airplanes, come down to the "Top Ten Aircraft" thread. It's GBS, but with airplanes!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885648

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Julius CSAR posted:

A little shameless self promotion to be sure, but if you're into airplanes, come down to the "Top Ten Aircraft" thread. It's GBS, but with airplanes!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885648

That’s not shameless at all. You didn’t start it and are a great contributor.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Content
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895242

May have been posted before, but come watch posters come out of their shells and burn mods and have fun with other goons.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Like 7-8 years or so back there was a thread from a goon that ran a graveyard. That was *amazing* and I’d love to revisit that thread if anyone has a link. It was so good I’ll even buy an archives account if that’s where it landed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tokyo reject posted:

Like 7-8 years or so back there was a thread from a goon that ran a graveyard. That was *amazing* and I’d love to revisit that thread if anyone has a link. It was so good I’ll even buy an archives account if that’s where it landed
speaking of old threads that were fascinating(or in this case horrifying), there was a thread by a goon in south america about the cartels and what they were doing, with insanely graphic photographs and detailed articles about the atrocities committed by the cartels and just how bad things were. it was horrific and uncompromising in what it talked about, in great detail both personal and news-based, but I've never been able to find the thread again. I think it was a thread focusing mostly on the Los Zetas cartel, but I can't quite remember.

If someone has a link to the thread, that would be much appreciated. Coworker of mine from Columbia was talking to me about the cartels in south america the other day and I figured it might be useful either for me or maybe him(sans the abattoir photos, of course).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hopefully It's wrapping up

Oh, Drunk Nerds from a week ago, you were so naive

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Quite seriously though, Drunk Nerds "My Wife Has The Dumbest Stalker" thread is a god damned tour de force. :golfclap:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A tour de france for him Im sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

A tour de france for him Im sure

I must have missed something. Who's taking roids?