Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Someone called for a thread ban lol

Maybe because people use it all the time to post articles with misleading headlines, not saying this is the case on this one but its very consistently an issue. Basically it feels like there is a Dems bad brigade that just happens to constantly push right wing conspiracies and talking points about the the left instead of going after real things that actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

That’s such a quintessentially Clintonian statement. You can kinda see what she was going for but it was phrased so poorly that it just comes off as tone deaf

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Pig in a poke is a saying from medevil times.
Where a poke is a large bag, and you bought it thinking something inside real expensive without checking first what you were looking at.
And all you got was a lovely pig which were worthless back then I assume.

Modern take would be 'stereo speakers from a van'.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ham posted:

So what was the IG meeting about exactly? Was it just to drop off Rudy's TheSwampJawSuit.txt ?

This

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1179512800823119873

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

TulliusCicero posted:

What the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Washington Examiner being selective assfaces per usual.

Full quote from earlier:

Hilldawg posted:

"You know, for some people that I’ve known the right thing was take your kids and go, clean out your bank accounts, don’t look back. For other people, you know, get into a negotiation and figure out whether you want to stay," Clinton said when asked on ABC's The View about her saying in a recent interview that her "gutsiest" decision was to stay married to Bill. "In my case, after really hard, hard thinking about it, counseling, praying, all the things that I did and that we went through, I just decided it was the right decision for me but that doesn’t mean it was an easy decision. It was a really hard decision."

"Sometimes when your child has an issue — I had a friend a few years ago who called up and said 'I don’t know who to talk to about this, but my little girl wants to be a boy. What do I do?' And, you know, several of us kind of — we didn’t know what to do, we never had a friend who'd faced that before. Several of us kind fo read everything and talked to people and gave her advice and it was really gutsy for her to say okay, 'I’m going to respect the feelings of my child as hard as it is for me to understand this.' So, I think when the question was asked, personally, everybody faces a moment of decision, and you have to reach deep down inside and decide what’s right for you to do and hopefully it’s reached with love and understanding

To clarify, I also think that it isn't the best look, especially from someone as noticably tone-deaf and 'How do you do, fellow kids' as Hillary. But W.E. definitely tried to pull some selective outrage here to rile up their base.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 2, 2019

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So tomorrow we get Round One of the DoS depositions?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

J.A.B.C. posted:

Full quote from earlier:

What is selective about it, the headline is completely accurate

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
This thread has the Hillary news that I crave.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Bastard! I frantically clicked over and over to see if it was true and hell had opened.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Enjoying a cool vape in cedar rapids

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Should've updated the date, to make it more convincing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

J.A.B.C. posted:

Full quote from earlier:

To clarify, I also think that it isn't the best look, especially from someone as noticably tone-deaf and 'How do you do, fellow kids' as Hillary. But W.E. definitely tried to pull some selective outrage here to rile up their base.

do you people saying this speak english? She's literally doing the thing the headline says she did, just because she hemmed and hawed doesn't mean she didn't compare her 'hard choice' of staying with her political meal ticket to the 'hard choice' of not abandoning and/or emotionally abusing your child?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'll give you credit for a high quality troll

Many of this thread's shittier trolls could learn a lot from this exemplar post

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Just hanging out in 2019, angry about Hillary Clinton

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
This could really hurt her in the general.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Riptor posted:

Just hanging out in 2019, angry about Hillary Clinton

I mean, she literally won't go away so yea she keeps reminding us.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Someone called for a thread ban lol

It's the Examiner

It's one degree from being the weekly world news

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jaxyon posted:

This could really hurt her in the general.

But her T-Males

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

lol

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

sexpig by night posted:

Oh, Hillary posted that lovely article. She should get a sixer.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1179506413946597376

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

What a normal reaction to hearing about a former politician

Why won't Jimmy Carter just go the gently caress away

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

...yes? Did you...did you not notice that Carter hosed off to start a charity and poo poo?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Pig in a poke is a saying from medevil times.
Where a poke is a large bag, and you bought it thinking something inside real expensive without checking first what you were looking at.
And all you got was a lovely pig which were worthless back then I assume.

Modern take would be 'stereo speakers from a van'.

"Pig in a poke" refers to buying something without due diligence, like the "pig" in said bag. (A pocket is the diminutive form of poke.) Only surprise, you open the bag and instead of a future Texas-ravaging bacon monster, it's a worthless kitten or something. Should have opened the bag before buying that pig in that poke.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sexpig by night posted:

...yes? Did you...did you not notice that Carter hosed off to start a charity and poo poo?

I recall the Clintons starting a charity...

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
The reason she won't "go away" is because every time she shows up on TV people from both sides freak the hell out in a totally not at all wierd way and that's why they keep booking her.

Yeah she's an out of touch lovely person but LOL at posting washington examiner articles about her.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingorc posted:

Jimmy Carter is actively making the world a better place in his fuckin 90s lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

I recall the Clintons starting a charity...

I mean, if she wants to just gently caress off and keep lobbying against the minimum wage in Haiti or whatever the gently caress her foundation does that's fine, just stop trying to sell lovely books about how it's everyone's fault but yours you lost to the dumbest man on earth

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
posting recent things clinton did accurately reported is violence

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

I hear about him SLIGHTLY less than i do Hillary, and he was president 40 years ago

You're being weird and you absolutely won't convince me there isn't an element of misogyny

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1179525001298550785?s=19

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

I hear about him SLIGHTLY less than i do Hillary, and he was president 40 years ago

You're being weird and you absolutely won't convince me there isn't an element of misogyny

even for you this is kinda a sad argument

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

theflyingorc posted:

In that case, perhaps I can convince you...

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingorc posted:

I never considered newspapers to have a gender but maybe you are on to something

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
If Hillary Clinton goes on TV and says something dumb, as appears to have happened, that seems to me to be fit enough subject matter for the thread. I'd ask people to try to find non-garbage sources for news first, but I don't see anyone other than the Examiner (including ABC itself) talking about that part of the program.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hear about Hillary basically every time I post about Hillary.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just another day.
https://twitter.com/attention_cnn/status/1179527086635139074?s=21

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There's so much fun to unpack in there.

NUREMBERG TRIALS II NAZI HARDER
"MOTHER of all Civil Lawsuits"
FOR SPECIAL EMERGENCY NATIONAL RELIEF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

I never considered newspapers to have a gender but maybe you are on to something

Why are you soending this much time and effort arguing in bad faith to defend the honor of a fascist newspaper?