Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol. Accusing people of being a narc is the silliest dang thing in 2019 where there's 10 states with full legalization and like close to 20 others with medical marijuana programs or decriminalization.

sounds like something a narc would say i'm out of this thread. too hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just to be clear i am _not_ an undercover cop

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hell Yeah posted:

sounds like something a narc would say i'm out of this thread. too hot

awesome. bye.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Anyone going to see rusted root this weekend?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Earwicker posted:

awesome. bye.

if you're a cop you have to tell me, that's the law

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The best thing about riding the bus in a legal state is that every couple weeks I'll see complete strangers pass a joint around while we wait at the bus stop. I can't smoke before work but it's still cool to see.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

my brother spent all summer growing his four plants. super proud of them. grew them right out in the open in his back yard. always showing them off to people. would it surprise you to find out that all his plants were then stolen

thaats my weed story thanks for reading

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
It's taken me nearly two years to actually grasp rolling a joint sort of decent. Still not amazing like those pre rolled joints from dispensaries but up until very recently it would take me 30 minutes and 2-3 failed attempts.

Glad I never caved and bought a rolling machine.
Although I'd still be uncomfortable rolling in front of people because I look like an idiot.

Maybe in another two years I'll be a true pro!

I've taken a liken to OCB Slim's. Raws are acceptable but kinda crappy. Never really tried anything else.

I've lately settled on 40% CBD, 45% THC, 15% tobacco.
I used to never put tobacco in my joints but I find it rolls easier, burns more evenly and somehow makes for a less harsh smoke in my throat.

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 2, 2019

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

The Real Amethyst posted:

Raws are acceptable but kinda crappy.

lol

lmao

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol rolling joints with gross as hell tobacco in 2019 :laugh:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I just soak my weed in vape juice. Tobacco is for olds.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
just got a dry herb vape, what temp do y'all like to set yours at? I've been able to set mine at 375 and get a good buzz out of a half bowl. I can usually go at it again later at 400-415 and get a decent buzz, not quite as good as the first but definitely something. I'm not sure if that means I'm just not doing it quite right the first time.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

State your intentions.
e: hey wow rude don't make fun of me.

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 2, 2019

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at ppl getting defensive over extremely tongue in cheek narc calling. legitimately getting suspicious now.

(for the record I am not actually suspicious, you guys are high, I understand the paranoia)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in the Dominican republic and it's fine but next time I'm going to fuckin Jamaica

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The Walrus posted:

I'm in the Dominican republic and it's fine but next time I'm going to fuckin Jamaica

I’m drinking a red stripe if it helps.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

JAMOOOL posted:

just got a dry herb vape, what temp do y'all like to set yours at? I've been able to set mine at 375 and get a good buzz out of a half bowl. I can usually go at it again later at 400-415 and get a decent buzz, not quite as good as the first but definitely something. I'm not sure if that means I'm just not doing it quite right the first time.

375-395 is pretty much where you want to be.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

JAMOOOL posted:

don't put too much stock in the thermostat, since it's probably not calibrated perfectly anyway. turn up the temp until the taste starts to go bad, then roll it back a bit and that's your temp

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

JAMOOOL posted:

350-385 F, or 180 to 195 C.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 2, 2019

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Came back to say I got my Genius Pipe and it's pretty great for what it is. Not quite a vaporizer, so I don't get any spent browns to save but it's a tiny chamber and you can fill it with keif and go to the motherfuckin' moon :blastu:

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Does it actually cool the smoke well?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

So stoked to use this tomorrow after work:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOSWCXGBcA8/?taken-by=_borosilicate&hl=en

DHGate rules for glass. $40 shipped!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Entorwellian posted:

350-385 F, or 180 to 195 C.

I do 170C - 180C - 190C. About 3-4 hits at 170 get it going, then I cruise at 180 for a few minutes, then a few hits at 190 to finish it off. Or, 180 to 200 through a bong.

I have a TERA and it took a week to figure it out. The double screen trick and Arizer Solo long pipe makes all the difference.

Is there any reason not to get a brilliant cut grinder? I have a Santa Cruz Shredder that’s great but the interchangeable filter pieces looks intriguing.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
So if the stuff is still somewhat greenish, does that mean I just didn’t honk on it hard enough?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Unless you have big plans for the AVB it probably ought to come out golden or dark

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

poverty goat posted:

don't put too much stock in the thermostat, since it's probably not calibrated perfectly anyway. turn up the temp until the taste starts to go bad, then roll it back a bit and that's your temp

I bet the construction of the vape matters immensely too. If the air has to travel farther, or the heater/glass is less insulated from the outside then the temperature of the vapour you're inhaling is bound to be even lower.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Agrinja posted:

Does it actually cool the smoke well?
Yes, incredibly so!
Put it through five passes so far and my only complaint is that the bowl isn’t very deep if you use the cover to quickly put out anything roasting. It gets a little messy.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

I usually start it at 380 and then up it to 410 so this sounds about right
that is 195 / 210 in c

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

red19fire posted:

Is there any reason not to get a brilliant cut grinder? I have a Santa Cruz Shredder that’s great but the interchangeable filter pieces looks intriguing.

I don't see the point if you already have a SCS. Unless you really like the all magnetic style and easier grind motion the grind plate isn't really enough of a selling point since most people just stick with the medium plate anyways.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Video Nasty posted:

Yes, incredibly so!
Put it through five passes so far and my only complaint is that the bowl isn’t very deep if you use the cover to quickly put out anything roasting. It gets a little messy.

Huh. I still feel like Chong is kind of a shill, but it's nice to see that the product is pretty good.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

red19fire posted:

i use my fingers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Still using the spacecase I bought 13 years ago.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Still using the spacecase I bought 13 years ago.

same but it's a no-name zinc alloy one I got for :10bux: on amazon

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bought mine off a friend that took the retail hit. Gave him $25 for it, best money I ever spent on paraphernalia.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

theres a new vape plague study

‘Toxic chemical fumes,’ not oils, may be causing vaping illness, Mayo Clinic researchers find

quote:

Researchers from the Mayo Clinic examined lung biopsies from 17 patients suspected of having a perplexing vaping illness that’s sickened more than 805 people since April. Doctors have previously said it resembled a rare form of pneumonia caused by the accumulation of fatty substances known as lipids.

However, none of the cases examined by the Mayo Clinic researchers showed any evidence of lipoid pneumonia, according to the study published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. It’s the first formal study examining tissue samples of patients who have fallen ill from vaping.

“It seems to be some kind of direct chemical injury, similar to what one might see with exposures to toxic chemical fumes, poisonous gases and toxic agents,” said Dr. Brandon Larsen, a surgical pathologist at Mayo Clinic Arizona and a lead author of the study. “Based on what we have seen in our study, we suspect that most cases involve chemical contaminants, toxic byproducts or other noxious agents within vape liquids.”

The pathologists said research on lung injuries linked to vaping is still in its early stages and that the findings should be interpreted with caution.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

seems to match up with what cannasafe was saying in those articles earlier

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Anyone who is too high right now. I want you to know you’re always going to be like this. This is how it’s going to be forever.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

i buy one kmart $10 coffee grinder every year or two and its super quick, my space case has been sitting in a drawer for a long time

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Anemone Thief posted:

i buy one kmart $10 coffee grinder every year or two and its super quick, my space case has been sitting in a drawer for a long time

Kmart is going out of business so you better stock up. Not trying to harsh your mellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Kmart is going out of business so you better stock up. Not trying to harsh your mellow.

aussie ones are OK i think