Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i was surprised by how emotive strong bj seikimoto is but i am not against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

lost my old email posted:

i was surprised by how emotive strong bj seikimoto is but i am not against it

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HARD but not TOUGH. 5/10 wrassleman.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

HARD but not TOUGH. 5/10 wrassleman.

He could toss you to Iceland, you know.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Someone tracked wrestler's Twitter followers and came up with a chart of the overlap between fans of various wrestling promotions. (the percentage overlap listed for a promotion with itself is unique fans)

https://twitter.com/black_eye2/status/1177823873137405952

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
So NOAH fans don't talk to each other?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Speaking of crossover between promotions, I'm shamelessly plugging the Rowdy Ringsports' Top Ten favorite active wrestlers thread for any of you who may be unaware of it. It's a chance to get your favorites from the likes of All Japan, NOAH, DDT, Big Japan, Dragon Gate etc represented on an overall "favorites" list for the forum, and submissions close at midnight EST on September 30th.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

So NOAH fans don't talk to each other?

No it means only 13.8% of NOAH fans engage only with NOAH tweets/accounts. As in most of their fans watch other companies

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

No it means only 13.8% of NOAH fans engage only with NOAH tweets/accounts. As in most of their fans watch other companies
Ah, I interpreted the chart the other way round.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Whereas 85% of NJPW fans only interact with NJPW-related accounts. yikes.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

harperdc posted:

NJPW no doubt has a much bigger casual audience, and the fed is designed to be a one-stop shop for your wrestling needs: big matches, some of the best foreign talent, a high flying junior division, a great comedy wrestler in Yano to mix things up on the card, etc. The only things Bushi Road NJPW don’t really provide are super gimmicked contests like deathmatches and female wrestling talent.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

harperdc posted:

I was going to say that I'm part of that 85 percent, but I have to assume it counts my following of DDT related accounts Chris Brookes which would put me in the 30%. Unless it is only using Japanese twitter accounts.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The strength of AJPW company loyalty is pretty impressive given its size relative to some of the other promotions there and it could probably survive a spell of iffy booking better than the others.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm fascinated by the lack of crossover between DDT fans & DG.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

I'm fascinated by the lack of crossover between DDT fans & DG.

there’s not really been a relationship with them since dg and ddt stopped working together a decade ago. the relationship was mainly via CIMA so no wonder STH ended up there after the split for a bit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hey everyone, I just made it home and DDT WHO IS GONNA TOP 2019 is live

DDT Extreme Title – Survival 3 Way Match: Jiro Kuroshio (c) Vs HARASHIMA Vs Tetsuya Endo
KO-D Tag Team Titles: DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki & Soma Takao) (c) Vs ALL OUT (Akito & Yuki Iino)
Special Single Match: Konosuke Takeshita Vs Asuka
O-40 Title: Sanshiro Takagi (c) Vs Gorgeous Matsuno
4 Way Tag Match: Cody Hall & Antonio Honda Vs Makoto Oishi & Yukio Naya Vs Hiroshi Yamato & Mad Paulie Vs Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura
Masahiro Takanashi & MAO Vs Shunma Katsumata & Mizuki Watase
Danshoku Dieno, Hoshitango & Gota Ihashi Vs Toru Owashi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Kazuki Hirata
Under Match: Nobuhiro Shimatani Vs Takato Nakano

Watch it for Asuka and Takeshita's feud and Jiro Ikemen's last couple appearances before he moves to the USA and becomes a jobber on WWE Superstars

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT announced the participants in the D-Oh Grand Prix, their big tournament

Konosuke Takeshita
HARASHIMA
Daisuke Sasaki
Tetsuya Endo
Soma Takao
Yukio Sakaguchi
Yuki Ueno
Naomi Yoshimura
Yuki Iino
Keisuke Ishii (Ganbare)
Bull James (free)
Chris Brookes (free)
Masato Tanaka (Zero-1)
Chihiro Hashimoto (Sendai Girls)

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

DDT announced the participants in the D-Oh Grand Prix, their big tournament

Konosuke Takeshita
HARASHIMA
Daisuke Sasaki
Tetsuya Endo
Soma Takao
Yukio Sakaguchi
Yuki Ueno
Naomi Yoshimura
Yuki Iino
Keisuke Ishii (Ganbare)
Bull James (free)
Chris Brookes (free)
Masato Tanaka (Zero-1)

I wonder sometimes if Bull has gotten any better. He seems like a weird inclusion.

I almost went to the DDT show today but didnt feel like spending the 2+ hours just going there and back after walking like 10 miles yesterday before and after the TJPW show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bull james still sucks rear end

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

:getin:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm gonna hold judgement on Bull James. Everyone laughed it up about former NXT wrestler Joel Redman being in the Champion Carnival and he ended up being one of the highlights.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1178497990845091840?s=19

Idk why but AJPW promoting their next tour with the taglobe STOP THE KENTO is the funniest thing to me.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/PumaKingOficial/status/1178502532580159489

Is this possibly the best championship title in pro-wrestling?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

J-Ro posted:

It continues...

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1178507068925304832

I'm glad Aubrey survived this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1178497990845091840?s=19

Idk why but AJPW promoting their next tour with the taglobe STOP THE KENTO is the funniest thing to me.

Wait, am I meant to believe Jake Lee will beat Kento Miyahara?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Perfect Gentleman will end that maniac's reign of terror, yes.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There was a "Stop The Sheik" thing back in the '70s, which might or might not have crossed over into Japan at the time. Regardless of this, Zero-1 did its own version in the 2000s based around lovely deathmatch wrestler Mitsuhiro Matsunaga called "Stop The Matsunaga". The fact that Sheik was "The Sheik" and Matsunaga is not "The Matsunaga" was apparently lost on Zero-1, but "Stop The Matsunaga" still kinda worked as a tagline IMO.

I'm not so sure about Stop The Kento.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven't followed Kento in a while but he doesn't strike me as the fireball and fork type.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Ditch posted:

There was a "Stop The Sheik" thing back in the '70s, which might or might not have crossed over into Japan at the time. Regardless of this, Zero-1 did its own version in the 2000s based around lovely deathmatch wrestler Mitsuhiro Matsunaga called "Stop The Matsunaga". The fact that Sheik was "The Sheik" and Matsunaga is not "The Matsunaga" was apparently lost on Zero-1, but "Stop The Matsunaga" still kinda worked as a tagline IMO.

I'm not so sure about Stop The Kento.

"Stop the Matsunaga" was a great invader angle that I'm surprised doesn't get copied more often (that is, just one wildman invader as opposed to a stable or a rival company invading).

Ditch, were you the one who had the mega-download of the entire angle? Or was that just someone on the DVDVR board?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I haven't followed Kento in a while but he doesn't strike me as the fireball and fork type.

I assume they're more going for the unstoppable champion thing, like Okada before Omega beat him, or PAC before Ben-K... Oh poo poo, STOP THE BASTARD would've been great!

J-Ro posted:

Aubrey continues to be the best ref in the business, her 'WTF is this poo poo' face while holding up Su Yung's arm is the best.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
how can you be a puroresu fan and not know that Japan absolutely does not give a gently caress about "the" and will use it completely indiscriminately?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hello. I'm looking for assistance filling out the field for this year's WH-128. If you can suggest people from Japanese promotions that aren't New Japan, that'd be really helpful. The thread is here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900148&pagenumber=1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NOAH have introduced a new championship, the GHC National Championship with the winner of Takashi Sugiura vs. Michael Elgin(...) deciding the first champion.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Price Check posted:

"Stop the Matsunaga" was a great invader angle that I'm surprised doesn't get copied more often (that is, just one wildman invader as opposed to a stable or a rival company invading).

Ditch, were you the one who had the mega-download of the entire angle? Or was that just someone on the DVDVR board?
I had a sub-site where I hosted matches uploaded by someone else, who posted the whole thing. I think all of those matches are gone now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Full card for NOAH's return to Sumo Hall

GHC Heavyweight Championship
Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Kenoh

GHC National Championship
Takashi Sugiura vs. Michael Elgin

Special Singles Match
Naomichi Marufuji vs. The Great Muta

GHC Tag Team Championship
AXIZ (Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima) (c) vs. The Tough (Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship
HAYATA (c) vs. YO-HEY

GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Stinger (Kotaro Suzuki & Yoshinari Ogawa) (c) vs. Ratel's (Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke)

Shuhei Taniguchi vs. Kazuyuki Fujita

Eddie Edwards, Atsushi Kotoge & Chris Ridgeway vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Minoru Tanaka & Super Crazy

Mohammed Yone, Quiet Storm, Hi69, Hitoshi Kumano, Junta Miyawaki & Sonico vs. Sugiura-gun (Kazushi Sakuraba, KAZMA Sakamoto, El Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr., Hajime Ohara, NOSAWA Rongai & Kinya Okada)

NOAH the CLASSIC
Dark Agents (Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue) vs. Tamon Honda & Mitsuo Momota

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I know Elgin isn't popular around these parts because he's a piece of poo poo but him vs Suguira could be rad.

Actually that entire card is really good looking. Honestly think NOAH has more guys I dig than All Japan right now even if none of them are Miyahara level.

Wonder if they will livestream it on YouTube or not.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BJW are announcing matches for their Sumo Hall show and they're doing

Yuji Hino & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & WALTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah that some grade a beef