Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

goose willis posted:

Is the box of Blackstone cultists they're releasing mono-pose?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:(

Are we ever getting multi-part cultists and/or renegade guardsmen?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
So I am planning on building up some devastators with multimeltas be cause Salamanders, and I am not quite sure what to build the other guys given there are not enough meltas to go round. Aesthetically I think I would pick heavy bolter, but I am interested to hear other opinions. (I was probably gonna throw them in a drop pod due to short range on the meltas)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

So I am planning on building up some devastators with multimeltas be cause Salamanders, and I am not quite sure what to build the other guys given there are not enough meltas to go round. Aesthetically I think I would pick heavy bolter, but I am interested to hear other opinions. (I was probably gonna throw them in a drop pod due to short range on the meltas)

Ebay more multimeltas

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I assume the cultists are at least dual pose, like the rest of the BSF baddies.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Booley posted:

Ebay more multimeltas

I am in Canada so the shipping is like 20 bucks for a 5 dollar item unless you are ordering from Australia or some poo poo.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

R0ckfish posted:

I am in Canada so the shipping is like 20 bucks for a 5 dollar item unless you are ordering from Australia or some poo poo.

If you're going to mix weapons, then either a Missile Launcher (for the strat to get mortals on fliers) or Heavy Bolter (to get a mortal on anything) are usually the picks.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

R0ckfish posted:

Get two boxes of devastators. Then you can do one melta squad and one squad of whatever. More if you just slap the guns on tac squad Marines.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

moths posted:

I assume the cultists are at least dual pose, like the rest of the BSF baddies.

Which BSF baddies did you assemble? They're all monopose

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

People already datamined a Sisters logo with the filename along the lines of "PA_2" like a minute after the website went up so grain of salt on that list.

The 3rd and 4th especially as that's retreading old ground and dredging up storylines already over.

The Blood Angels being involved somewhere also comes from datamining but its a thing that just makes the map zoom over Baal. If it was just tyranids invading baal again after the last incredibly grueling and emotional sacrifice the blood angels made of several entire chapters that had been in the game from old editions and the tyranids themselves losing their entire fleet to marines and demons it would be a genuine bummer of a retread and a waste of Psychic Awakening as a way to answer old questions and push the storyline forward.

I'd be displeased.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

goose willis posted:

:(

Are we ever getting multi-part cultists and/or renegade guardsmen?

tbh I'm not sure GW will ever release a multipart/pose anything

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Im happy that chaos might get their v3 codex so soon after the let down of chaos v2 compared to space marines v2.

But where is my Death Guard rework!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Im happy that chaos might get their v3 codex so soon after the let down of chaos v2 compared to space marines v2.

But where is my Death Guard rework!!

What's this regarding? I thought they were likely going to head into Eldar then ?????

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

JBP posted:

What's this regarding? I thought they were likely going to head into Eldar then ?????

Sorry, the thread has moved on a bit from what I was referencing.

Just the rumour that psychic awakening book 2 will be chaos v black templars. And I'm assuming that chaos will get some revamped datasheets and stratagems like they are teasing with the aspect warriors and incubi.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Sorry, the thread has moved on a bit from what I was referencing.

Just the rumour that psychic awakening book 2 will be chaos v black templars. And I'm assuming that chaos will get some revamped datasheets and stratagems like they are teasing with the aspect warriors and incubi.
Nah, they'll probably get the separate greater possessed, obliterator, and spider-bot kits though. The Shadowspear set has to be on the way out soon. Maybe that plastic sorcerer that was teased forever ago too.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, they'll probably get the separate greater possessed, obliterator, and spider-bot kits though. The Shadowspear set has to be on the way out soon. Maybe that plastic sorcerer that was teased forever ago too.

It's been sold out forever. Like, straight up not available unless you find somewhere that just didn't shift theirs.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

It's been sold out forever. Like, straight up not available unless you find somewhere that just didn't shift theirs.
I'm was just going by the US online store and it's still in stock there. :shrug:

I haven't been to my FLGS for a good while so maybe it's not available at that level anymore, but I wouldn't know. I did, however, just check the UK store and it's gone so those separate kits have to be coming.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
drat Yanks, hoarding all the spiky bois.

For serious it would be nice if GW was more consistent with the separate releasing thing. They were pretty on point at first, then over the last few boxes they just keep loving it. How long has it been since Carrion Empire? A good slice of the year for sure and no sign of those two AoS characters.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to deep strike a unit of ten wolf guard with thunder hammers and Arjac in the next game I use them and then give them fury of the first for 1CP :getin:

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up my Redemptor:

Now the supplement just needs to come out so I can throw some transfers on.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

R0ckfish posted:

Awesome again man. Your salamanders are going to look amazing.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

JBP posted:

Awesome again man. Your salamanders are going to look amazing.

Funny thing is that this is an expansion of an existing army, so I think I am at about 3k with the dreadnought done.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Orktober has really sucked so far.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Where are the imperial fists and salamanders info dumps they had to show the models because some rear end in a top hat leaked them and now it feels like a longer wait. Thanks for nothing you bols rear end turd

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I just want to know the psyker powers.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

R0ckfish posted:

This looks great. All your stuff has such a strong graphic quality.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Emperor’s Children when???

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I actually haven't been paying much attention, have they implied or stated that death guard and whatever other chaos chapters are getting hugs and kisses as well?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I actually haven't been paying much attention, have they implied or stated that death guard and whatever other chaos chapters are getting hugs and kisses as well?

They haven't, no.

However, the new Marines Codex is so, so much more powerful and well rounded, it's practically a .5 upgrade of the game now. I think there's a pretty good understanding that over the next X years all other armies will be brought up to be similar, not only in power, but in complexity/customisation.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Yeast posted:

They haven't, no.

However, the new Marines Codex is so, so much more powerful and well rounded, it's practically a .5 upgrade of the game now. I think there's a pretty good understanding that over the next X years all other armies will be brought up to be similar, not only in power, but in complexity/customisation.

Yeah but these guys are space marines. Everyone else is a scrub

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
So supposedly the IF doctrine is +1 damage with heavy weapons against vehicles and building in devastator doctrine. Their psychic powers are supposedly lackluster, and they have a stratagem for throwing grenades with all members of an intercessor unit. No pictures, so grain of salt and all that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have faith they'll do a rework. Like Yeast said, they're going to have to. The new updates are so strong it's a little broken. You can see just how much stronger they are from this battle report from Tabletop Tactics.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

R0ckfish posted:

So supposedly the IF doctrine is +1 damage with heavy weapons against vehicles and building in devastator doctrine. Their psychic powers are supposedly lackluster, and they have a stratagem for throwing grenades with all members of an intercessor unit. No pictures, so grain of salt and all that.

I was guessing theirs would be anti vehicles. No cover save, bolters exploding and at power sounds great.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Zuul the Cat posted:

I have faith they'll do a rework. Like Yeast said, they're going to have to. The new updates are so strong it's a little broken. You can see just how much stronger they are from this battle report from Tabletop Tactics.

Yeah I saw that one. It sort shows off the strengths (massive firepower and incredible durability of IH vehicles) and the weaknesses (lack of mobility since everyone has to stick together for the overlapping bonuses to kick in) of Iron Hands. It was a one sided massacre in favor of the Iron Hands vis a vis who killed what, but the IH only won the game 10-7 on objectives. Against an army that could move around better than the Death Guard can, it's not to hard to conceive of the IH killing 95% of the enemy army...and losing the game on victory points. Tactics against the new IH may be the opposite of the usual rule for Tyrannids. Instead of "Kill the Big Ones" it may well be "Kill the FAST ones" then run around and hide on objective markers all game or something.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Seems like that might be the issue though. They didn't manage to kill any of the IH stuff, as far as I could tell. But that was just Death Guard. I'm sure other armies might have a better time of killing vehicles.

We discussed it in the discord, but I'm really looking forward to Death Guard getting another pass. They need it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

owns

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't always find the regimental standard funny, but this Aeldari one is cute

https://regimental-standard.com/2019/10/02/why-we-are-superior-to-the-aeldari/

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Does this new WD Index Astartes actually contain Dark Angels rules?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

moths posted:

Does this new WD Index Astartes actually contain Dark Angels rules?

No. I saw a screen cap with stratagems and bought it. Turns out the stratagems are specific to a scenario included with a lengthy fluff bit.

The fiction piece was well written but it's probably not safe to take anything in there as a hinting at actual new model releases. The fluff includes an express reference to Dark Angels primaris units learning to work along side Centurions. A unit to which the Dark Angels do not have access. :eng101:

Anyway, there are now multiple members of the Deathwing who are Primaris and Deathwing can wear Mark X armour, not just terminator armour. Which I guess means they've decided to carry forward that little bit of fluff that makes no sense given the number of models which exist of depicting Deathwing members in non-terminator armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Anyway, there are now multiple members of the Deathwing who are Primaris and Deathwing can wear Mark X armour, not just terminator armour. Which I guess means they've decided to carry forward that little bit of fluff that makes no sense given the number of models which exist of depicting Deathwing members in non-terminator armour.
:confused:
What models would those be? Company masters, librarians, and interrogator-chaplains? :v: I wouldn't count the chapter leadership, they get to do what they want and have to fit within the standard companies. Similarly, sergeants can be members of the Deathwing/Inner Circle in the fluff just like any other chapter's veterans going back to the other companies to act as leaders. They are obviously part of a different company at that point and wear armor suitable to their role. The main exception I can think of would be land raider crews and who cares about them? Or dreadnoughts if you want to be super nitpicky. When the actual first company goes to war, it's in terminator armor.
and now this gravis bullshit :negative:

The robed veteran models aren't Deathwing members. They're a weird ad-hoc formation of veterans within a normal company assembled when they're needed. Basically, they're guys highlighted for potential promotion to the Deathwing, but they're not there yet. Basically, they're a bullshit unit made up to give those models something to slot into instead of just being for command squads, sergeants, etc.