Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I think Nintendo's biggest failure was the 64DD :(

I want my F-Zero X track editor, damnit :cry:

I got an N64 instead of a Playstation because I loved JRPGs and Nintendo told me don't worry about the complete lack of those in the current library because this super cool add on is gonna come along that's built for JRPGs :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

I got an N64 instead of a Playstation because I loved JRPGs and Nintendo told me don't worry about the complete lack of those in the current library because this super cool add on is gonna come along that's built for JRPGs :negative:

Oh god :yossame:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nintendo exec 1: we went all-in on cartridges and now we're getting hosed by orchestrated music and FMVs what do we do

Nintendo exec 2: CARTRIDGE-BASED EXPANSION IT WORKED FOR SEGA RIGHT

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
NINTENDO POWER: [shows an image from the N64 FF6 tech demo]
Could this be an image from Squaresoft's upcoming title, Final Fantasy 4, currently in development for the Nintendo Ultra 64?!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Whatever magazine I saw that in (EGM?) at least had the decency to mention it was only a tech demo so my hopes didn't get too high off screenshots

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Mads Mikkelson smokes cocaine? Jesus that guy is cool

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I think Nintendo's biggest failure was the 64DD :(

I want my F-Zero X track editor, damnit :cry:

Nintendo's biggest failure was the Super Famicom CD-ROM Adapter.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lambert posted:

PS1 rules though

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lambert posted:

:drat: :holymoley: :vince:

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Lambert posted:

I still yearn to play the game that secret of mana was going to be

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kojima's wacky plots would be insufferable in most games, but he makes games with such strong systems and controls and variety of gameplay. Its like he trapped you in his world and you've gotta listen to his madness in order to get to the boss fights and by the end he's living in your brain, taking up residence.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Memes! Dominant genes! Recessive Gene's! None of this is how it works and none of it makes sense because I read wikipedia on a drug bender and wrote the script based on my vague recollections from that night!

And this is the game I wrote with the plot you CAN understand.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

FoolyCharged posted:

Memes! Dominant genes! Recessive Gene's! None of this is how it works and none of it makes sense because I read wikipedia on a drug bender and wrote the script based on my vague recollections from that night!

Yeah but lemme tell you, when you're twelve or thirteen in 2001 and not all internet jaded, this poo poo is serious business and quite overwhelmingly cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Metal Gear games have tremendous replay value as no-one sane can remember most of what happens.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Yeah but lemme tell you, when you're twelve or thirteen in 2001 and not all internet jaded, this poo poo is serious business and quite overwhelmingly cool

Only when you're 12? That poo poo's still hilarious and awesome. And it also had faking your death with ketchup packets and a fistfight on top of a giant robot. What's not to love?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A true son of big boss survives enough torture attempts for a sword weilding pyscopath to free him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rutibex posted:

i just occurred to me that Nintendo could have made the Wii back in the 1980s by strapping a laser pointer onto a zapper gun

The Wiimote is basically the Power Glove 2.0

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FoolyCharged posted:

Liquid’s whole thing was that his understanding of dominant/recessive genes was completely wrong though.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Then you get into the really crazy poo poo, like a powerful shadow organization manipulating populations and democracies the world over using misinformation in order to create and profit off of instability.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Dewgy posted:

Liquid’s whole thing was that his understanding of dominant/recessive genes was completely wrong though.

Nah, it was pretty clearly kojima that was wrong. Liquid was just wrong about who got the dominant and recessive genes. The game even ends with a different character going, "huh the dude with weaker recessive genes won. How unexpected."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNrIn8H32c

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Snake is kinda a sour angry lil bitch but Big Boss bangs the blonde cleavage lady, rides a motorcycle and cracks wise and talks about movies over the radio, he's much cooler.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Snake is kinda a sour angry lil bitch but Big Boss bangs the blonde cleavage lady, rides a motorcycle and cracks wise and talks about movies over the radio, he's much cooler.

Big Boss believes Santa Claus is real and that cardboard tanks are a brilliant breakthrough

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

Are we talking about Big Boss that was on a motorcycle tour of the US? or Big Boss that was a medic on the helicopter where the 14 year old peasant girl who was actually a 27 year old secret agent had a bomb implanted in her stomach that was successfully removed but then she had a bomb in her pussy too and that blew up the helicopter and hurt him so they gave him plastic surgery to look like Big Boss so he could live as him for his whole life?

Only spoilered cause there are 2 people playing the game right now posting itt.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the metal gear solid series sucks rear end.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wrong because Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2 and Revengeance all exist. VR Missions were pretty good too.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Are we talking about Big Boss that was on a motorcycle tour of the US? or Big Boss that was a medic on the helicopter where the 14 year old peasant girl who was actually a 27 year old secret agent had a bomb implanted in her stomach that was successfully removed but then she had a bomb in her pussy too and that blew up the helicopter and hurt him so they gave him plastic surgery to look like Big Boss so he could live as him for his whole life?

Only spoilered cause there are 2 people playing the game right now posting itt.

i didn't play the psp one so i choose to ignore that stuff, its the trick to playing MGS games, you just gotta ignore some stuff

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I haven’t played any of them and I probably should but I’ve had a good time on the internet over the years hearing people describe their plots out of context and I don’t want to ruin it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

i didn't play the psp one so i choose to ignore that stuff, its the trick to playing MGS games, you just gotta ignore some stuff

95% of that was MGS5/Ground Zeroes. I actually never played far enough into the PSP one to find out she wasn't "actually" just a 14 year old girl who you use X ray vision on to look at her panties, I heard the 20 something spy stuff on the forums.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have played the first couple of minutes of phantom pain actually but I was drunk and all I remember was the other guy had hospital gown crack going on

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I haven’t played any of them and I probably should but I’ve had a good time on the internet over the years hearing people describe their plots out of context and I don’t want to ruin it

Dont worry, you won't suddenly start to understand it and ruin things.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Caesar Saladin posted:

that stuff was literally the intro of MGS5 that was a separate game that was an engine demo but also the intro of the game before the real intro

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The $40 demo that you could beat in 30 minutes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

veni veni veni posted:

Kojima works in mysterious ways

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yeah but tbh all those characters from ground zeroes and peacewalker seemed so boring that i just ignored them and focused on skullface and stuff. The game was like 60 hours or so and mostly gameplay so i'd forgotten the intro pretty quick. MGSV is the one where the plot matters the least anyway, i'm talking more about the original four.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

That they still made bank off of somehow

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MGS4 online was designed by people who both did not know better and did not want to pay attention to how anyone else had ever designed a pvp game. This was cool in a lot of cases except the basic premise of shooting people was maddeningly insane. You got invulnerability frames for being shot, but if you got headshot youd just die and your invulnerability lasts long enough to headshot the other guy mag dumping into your chest long, long before he kills you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Barudak posted:

MGS4 online was designed by people who both did not know better and did not want to pay attention to how anyone else had ever designed a pvp game. This was cool in a lot of cases except the basic premise of shooting people was maddeningly insane. You got invulnerability frames for being shot, but if you got headshot youd just die and your invulnerability lasts long enough to headshot the other guy mag dumping into your chest long, long before he kills you.

5 also had some of the worst goddamn multiplayer I've ever played. basically what you are describing. it had all of this promise with the great controls and visuals, and the possibilities with gadgets and poo poo but it felt like it was made by people who had never played a PVP game in their life. This is basically my experience with any Japanese shooter that puts PVP in though.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Big Boss believes Santa Claus is real and that cardboard tanks are a brilliant breakthrough

He also pissed his pants while Volgin was torturing him. Snake never did that. Big Boss is about as cool as Otacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

titanfall 2 is a really good game that I'm really struggling to enjoy because you can't turn down the sound of bullets and they're real loving loud (and you fire a lot of them) and its very distracting and also I like the kane voice actor so far so I dont want to turn it down :(