Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Charlz Guybon posted:

If true it's amazing that he's the first high profile appointee that's really struck back at Trump for stabbing him in the back

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpectatorUSA/status/1179059646830710786

it doesn't surprise me. bolton is probably pissed as gently caress that he didnt get a war and that trump is kissing every dictators rear end(well kiss the wrong dictators asses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

1glitch0 posted:

Maybe going balls out for a weird mistrial to save the pig?

Or just insanity. The judge's actions seem completely outrageous.

https://twitter.com/_theghettomonk/status/1179531871174049792

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1179497283374780418?s=21

Moloch is a pagan god of child sacrifice

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mendrian posted:

:places hand on chest:

It is with a heavy heart I must reveal the truth. Elizabeth Warren fucks.

:audible gasps from room:

"My penis fell out of my pants again, didn't it? Goddamn it, I'm trying to do a thing!!!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i am weirdly shocked that THAT is what got him booted. i am guessing it was too loving weird even for fox.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1179573940357873664?s=19

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

have y'all never seen actual Christianity before today

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

If true it's amazing that he's the first high profile appointee that's really struck back at Trump for stabbing him in the back

In about a month this is going to be clear it was obvious all along given that he left right in the midst of everything and was high enough in the admin to have front row seats to all of this, and yet we couldn't see it because who could imagine that a soulless bloodgurgling monster would be the guy to have a conscience in this hosed presidency???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Of course. I hate this country.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

im the former marine

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

""Oh my God"

https://i.imgur.com/S58vhap.mp4

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Herstory Begins Now posted:

im the former marine

I certainly hope Liz treated you well. :3:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What's the possibility that Trump goes out of his way to rope in high profile people in his administration into specifically illegal deeds as a sort of cult-like / frat-like hazing ritual specifically to manufacture leverage or blackmail material over them so they become increasingly loyal stooges that gradually get inclined to commit crimes out of their own violation?

Like how in some books/shows being turned into a vampire/demon is more about "letting loose" of all your inhibitions and unleashes what you really have been wanting to do the entire then but pesky things like "shame" or "fear of punishment" kept you at least within the bounds of morality?

I feel like there needs to be some broader explanation as to how so many people previously thought to be establishment type "conservatives" all seem to accelerate into a tunnel of self destructive nihilism within months if not weeks of working for Trump?

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

FBS posted:

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

J.A.B.C. posted:

If I wasn't stuck at work I would fire up paint and put that face on the 'You will regret this!!' Guy.

Got you fam

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

FBS posted:

I lived in the south for years. I've stared christianity in it's eyeballs. I don't know how to take your post, but I either very agree with you or very disagree with you.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

I just want to point out that Marcy Wheeler nailed this within minutes

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1179513886405484545

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Almost certainly not true, but it wouldn't be surprising at all. Bolton is a psychopath, but he's also a career bureaucrat who actually knows what he's doing. The other grownups have all been people like Mattis, who would probably let their bullshit personal codes stop them from revealing information like this.

John Bolton kind of stands out in the Trump administration in that he's both an rear end in a top hat with an agenda and someone with an actual career in government. I guess Pompeo might be the only other close example.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

that quiet hosed muttering.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol Christianity loving sucks y'all

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Someone photoshop that douchebag from Silicon Valley wirh Warren with the text "This chick fucks".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SKULL.GIF posted:

agreed, replace her with a Hindu

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's the possibility that Trump goes out of his way to rope in high profile people in his administration into specifically illegal deeds as a sort of cult-like / frat-like hazing ritual specifically to manufacture leverage or blackmail material over them so they become increasingly loyal stooges that gradually get inclined to commit crimes out of their own violation?

Like how in some books/shows being turned into a vampire/demon is more about "letting loose" of all your inhibitions and unleashes what you really have been wanting to do the entire then but pesky things like "shame" or "fear of punishment" kept you at least within the bounds of morality?

I feel like there needs to be some broader explanation as to how so many people previously thought to be establishment type "conservatives" all seem to accelerate into a tunnel of self destructive nihilism within months if not weeks of working for Trump?

ehh. maybe sorta. i think its more alot of these guys are opportunistic chuds or weird dead eyed freaks who are fine with doing bad poo poo because either they don't care, can justify it or weird religious nuts. some of it is also covering for Big Piss and they are already too deep to back out now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1179580594801516545

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm sure the judge offers similar care to all the people she sentences.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

twice burned ice posted:

I just want to point out that Marcy Wheeler nailed this within minutes

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1179513886405484545

One thing to mention: one of the Ukrainian prosecutors that Guiliani talked to had a beef with the former ambassador: the ambassador called for their firing after they were videotaped apparently coaching a suspect in a corruption case what to say on the stand to escape trouble.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
So I feel like these documents should be a bigger thing but don’t see people freaking out over them. Isn’t it basically that the state department and DoJ are running investigations on conspiracy theory bullshit?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Bolton is also kinda old and probably knows he's peaked, so in theory striking back is his next best shot at being relevant for the NeverTrumper crowd in a post-Trump world.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. maybe sorta. i think its more alot of these guys are opportunistic chuds or weird dead eyed freaks who are fine with doing bad poo poo because either they don't care, can justify it or weird religious nuts. some of it is also covering for Big Piss and they are already too deep to back out now.

I mean it seems weird, wasn't Pompeo CIA? Confirmed fairly overwhelmingly by the Senate? This is a level of corruption that Senate R's seem to be uncomfortable with.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

I mean it seems weird, wasn't Pompeo CIA? Confirmed fairly overwhelmingly by the Senate? This is a level of corruption that Senate R's seem to be uncomfortable with.

Pompeo was confirmed before he turned into complete lickspittle, at a time when the senate was just happy to get anyone with government experience into a big position.

Plus, CIA directors always get confirmed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ryde posted:

So I feel like these documents should be a bigger thing but don’t see people freaking out over them. Isn’t it basically that the state department and DoJ are running investigations on conspiracy theory bullshit?

I think we're waiting for more shoes to bombard us from the heavens (tomorrow). Like, it's bad, but it's part of the overall hilarious picture more than its own discrete scandal.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
It sounds like the packet of attempted kompromat that the IG turned over is a 'QUO', to put it really simply

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

OAquinas posted:

Got you fam

:perfect:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I'd like to take this moment to thank Rudy Juliana for being a national treasure. Telling us exactly what Trump's crimes are and how you're doing them and why in the worst/best ways possible is just so good. And because he's Trump's guy from his hometown and defending Trump in the worst way possible, but still doing it, Rudy might never be fired. Because Trump craves hometown respect despite being the loving president.

We need more people like Rudy to yell about crimes.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Raenir Salazar posted:

Bolton is also kinda old and probably knows he's peaked, so in theory striking back is his next best shot at being relevant for the NeverTrumper crowd in a post-Trump world.

Before he was appointed to the Head of the CIA, he was part of the original Tea Party wave in the House

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zophar posted:

In about a month this is going to be clear it was obvious all along given that he left right in the midst of everything and was high enough in the admin to have front row seats to all of this, and yet we couldn't see it because who could imagine that a soulless bloodgurgling monster would be the guy to have a conscience in this hosed presidency???

On the off chance Bolton did go through the CIA whistleblower channels for some weird reason, you can bet your last cent it had absolutely nothing to do with a conscience. It'd only be pure hate and vindictiveness.

This is the wages of stopping a bombing mission.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The best ending would be Trump finally burning Rudy and him spilling all the poo poo he knows about trump.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Zophar posted:

I'm going at it from the other direction. He's had a lot of monsters in his cabinet, I'll even grant you a few patriotic types trying to hold things together, but all of them had big egos and pride. So, it's amazing none have tried to throw him under the bus.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Unoriginal Name posted:

Murderous Cop to Be Sentenced As White Woman

I want to feel the wonderful and overwhelming sense of humanity, but my mind keeps reminding me of the double standard. I think I am doing a good job so far in realizing the validity of this cheeky reply, but it's still a struggle to get here.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

FizFashizzle posted:

The best ending would be Trump finally burning Rudy and him spilling all the poo poo he knows about trump.

Like anyone would believe him?

No, Rudy is going to be interred at the foot of his master. If he's lucky, he'll go first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Did i read something in this thread earlier that indicated that Guyger was likely to serve her whole term, because Texas?