Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
#cancelbernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Yikes!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I am appalled that in 2019 a Spanish confectionary brand would have that logo. The Spanish are barely above the Italians in cultural maturity.

Anyway Bernie is a good Portuguese lad and meant well, let this be a teachable moment

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 23, 2019

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Look at this northern European, not understanding things...

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Bernardo then tweeted: "Can't even joke with a friend these days."

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Those tweets and the older video makes me think he’s a smart person.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
peps apparently doubled down on the social media rascal bernie silver controversy, can a manager get a six game ban?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Didn't know he was interested in a move to Liverpool.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Didn't know he was interested in a move to Liverpool.
just before kick off when the cameras are on, the team forms a circle chain chanting very loudly, "CONGUITO! CONGUITO! CONGUITO!

Then in the midddle out pops a smiling Sadio Mané

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
How do you even defend that tweet? I mean the loving mascot is racist as poo poo by itself which is the real issue here, let alone comparing it to another person. If they are friends and cool with that then do it in private... Southern Europe gonna Southern Europe I guess.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flayer posted:

How do you even defend that tweet? I mean the loving mascot is racist as poo poo by itself which is the real issue here, let alone comparing it to another person. If they are friends and cool with that then do it in private... Southern Europe gonna Southern Europe I guess.

Because pep is an insanely rich white football man and they love racism op

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
More like pep doesn’t want his really good utility tool winger midfielder copping a ban for something he should be educated about instead

This is a great example of where the justice should be reformative instead of punitive.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

More like pep doesn’t want his really good utility tool winger midfielder copping a ban for something he should be educated about instead

This is a great example of where the justice should be reformative instead of punitive.
I would say he's way more likely to get a ban now that Man City are showing themselves to be institutionally racist. If he apologised like any normal person would and promised to learn about the issues he raised with his post then that could be seen as an acceptable response.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

now why was this picture taken down?, well...
https://twitter.com/TelegraphSport/status/1176870424715640833?s=20
https://twitter.com/DerbyshireRPU/status/1176770843155816449?s=20

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wait, did they crash into each other? Or were they both in one car, and the other driver was also drunk?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Wait, did they crash into each other? Or were they both in one car, and the other driver was also drunk?

The article seems to read that they crashed into each other.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Shrapnig posted:

i hope they were both listening to Dave Matthews Band

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

That's amazing.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Richard Keogh is out for the season after doing his knee as one of the passengers in that crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...cident-football

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Wonder if Keogh gets docked wages for the duration of his injury ala Cudicini.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
a teammate is suspected of stealing a Nice striker's fancy watch from the training ground

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Montre-volee-de-dolberg-nice-procedure-disciplinaire-a-l-encontre-de-diaby-fadiga/1063092
(in french, but the google translate is decent)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bea Nanner posted:

a teammate is suspected of stealing a Nice striker's fancy watch from the training ground

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Montre-volee-de-dolberg-nice-procedure-disciplinaire-a-l-encontre-de-diaby-fadiga/1063092
How did you not go with Nice striker’s nice watch smh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bea Nanner posted:

Not nice

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

Richard Keogh is out for the season after doing his knee as one of the passengers in that crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...cident-football

Depends whose cocaine it was.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/jacklang/status/1177972547066978304?s=19

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That looks fairly civil. I don't see a gun or machete or anything.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Vinestalk posted:

That looks fairly civil. I don't see a gun or machete or anything.

They're used to hiding them to get them into the stadium in the first place. If you could see them, they'd stand out like christmas lights to the average Brazilian soccer fan.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

A flare up the bum is quite ergonomic really, but a machete, loving hell.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

A flare up the bum is quite ergonomic really, but a machete, loving hell.

I guess it really depends on which end of the machete goes in first.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
One up the bum, no harm done.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
*To the tune of "diamonds are a girl's best friend"* 🎶 a flare up the bum can be quite ergonomic 🎶

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The lad accused of stealing the nice watch cant be any great shakes as I have it on excellent authority a former PL striker turned occasional pundit also had sticky fingers.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The lad accused of stealing the nice watch cant be any great shakes as I have it on excellent authority a former PL striker turned occasional pundit also had sticky fingers.

Is it Dion Dublin? I have it on good authority that he's a bad egg. RIP euroboy

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The nice watch stealing lad already had his redemption arc and got snapped up by Paris FC a day or so after getting fired.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
tbf if you play for a midtable ligue one side and get a £62k watch you deserve to have it stolen

otoh if you buy a £62k watch you deserve a public stoning in general

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

greazeball posted:

Is it Dion Dublin? I have it on good authority that he's a bad egg. RIP euroboy

Having looked it is mentioned with an archived link on wikipedia so I suppose that it's not slanderous? Jon Walters at Blackburn.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Is there any gossip on why the kid did it? It still puzzles me that he thought he could get away with it. Also, if he was already on professional terms, I imagine he was on decent wages.

Silly questions, I know, but the whole affair puzzles me.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Healbot posted:

The nice watch stealing lad already had his redemption arc and got snapped up by Paris FC a day or so after getting fired.

Presumably, because no one at Paris FC can afford a nice watch, let alone a Nice watch.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Is there any gossip on why the kid did it? It still puzzles me that he thought he could get away with it. Also, if he was already on professional terms, I imagine he was on decent wages.

He just turned pro and is in France, he was probably making “only” a few grand a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

He actually put out an official statement:

quote:

“After several days of an unprecedented media storm for me, I have decided to give myself a voice via a communiqué. I would like to first of all apologise to the fans and those who love Le Gym. A lot of them supported me and showed me kindness since I made my professional debut, as a youngster from the local region who joined the club when I was 14. Their reactions embody the level of disappointment that they feel towards me and I owe them an explanation.”

“I proudly wore the club of my childhood’s shirt last season in Ligue 1. I was unfortunately injured for several months and my return to competitive action was further delayed following a red card I picked up whilst playing for the U19s. That affected me mentally and my difficult situation contrasted starkly the success and aura of Kasper, my team-mate. I took it out on him without having any reason to do so, maybe a bit because of jealousy. Instead of trying to battle on the pitch to provide him with competition for places, I reacted stupidly towards him.”

“My actions were not taken out of an appetite to gain something from it, but out of disappointment, frustration and feeling discredited. Of course, I am only 18, but my age excuses nothing. I therefore owned up to what I had done to Kasper, Mr Fournier, the Director General of the club, Patrick Vieira, my coach and Dante, my captain. One by one, I apologised to each one of them. I also took on the responsibility of reimbursing my team-mate fully, which I have now done. I wish him a lot of success at OGC Nice and in his career. Maybe one day we will come across each other on a pitch and this affair will be merely a bad memory.”

“Now, I am leaving the club where I had always wanted to succeed and enjoy myself, which for me is the greatest possible punishment. I thank all those who believed in me. I hope to be able to prove one day that they were right and that I am worth more than what has happened. Redemption for me will come on the football pitch and I now want to concentrate on my passion, football.”