Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

OwlFancier posted:

Would have been better if they'd got it on the actual building rather than just the pavement.

Well...

https://twitter.com/DavidSamFrancis/status/1179696406061293568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1179404208509988865?s=20
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1179406672151941120?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:lol:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ratjaculation posted:

I love a foraging post. I wish I knew more about edible mushrooms. So you can have a video of an earthstar I made at work

https://i.imgur.com/YSr5Eab.mp4

It basically disperses its spores when it is disturbed, by rain drops, animals or idiots with sticks.

I spent this morning look very carefully at hundreds of nuts in the woods... hazelnuts to be precise, checking chew marks to see if there is evidence of dormice about... work work work...

Ah, looks like a Lycoperdon perlatum. if so, it's actually edible when young and tender, though not generally considered a top tier shroom

Necrothatcher posted:

I love this super chilled out yet potentially lethal hobby.

It requires a small bit of research to be sure, but lots of good food shrooms like the ones in that pic don't have any real poisonous lookalikes. If you teach yourself chanterelles (Cantharellus and Craterellus species), porcini/penny buns and relatives (Boletus and Leccinium species) and a handful other random and easily identified good food shrooms (i.e Hydnum repandum, Sparassis crispa, Macrolepiota procera, Morchella Conica and a few others, you can widen your repertoire successively), and also read up a bit on the half-dozen or so lethally poisonous mushrooms, you can confidently go out to the forest and fill your larder without any real risk of bringing home a poisonous shroom. Things only get genuinely complicated when identifying Agaricus and some other more boutique shrooms

If anyone's interested here's a google translate link of the best swedish shroom page, where they link poisonous lookalikes (if any) and stuff. The trivial names don't translate well or at all, but it's a good resource for planning a foraging vacation in Sweden or hereabouts

e: changed that link to bing translate because google translate made links stop working. It's messed up though, it translates Champinjon (Agaricus species) into Mushroom which isn't even close to appropriate. I guess you don't have useful trivial names for all the different shrooms? Anyway the Latin names are correct

e2: except when it translates Agaricus sylvicola into Agaricus wikipedia lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 3, 2019

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Cat!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ah, looks like a Lycoperdon perlatum. if so, it's actually edible when young and tender, though not generally considered a top tier shroom

The folds have fallen off, so its not too clear but we had it down as a Geastrum triplex, a quick google says its edible but almost entirely unenjoyable. I'll mail you one!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ratjaculation posted:

The folds have fallen off, so its not too clear but we had it down as a Geastrum triplex, a quick google says its edible but almost entirely unenjoyable. I'll mail you one!

that's one spaced-out shroom that i wasn't even aware of. freaky stuff

but yeah don't mail me an envelope filled with spores or it'll probably lead to a country somewhere getting invaded

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nice to know we have titty shrooms to go with the willy shroom I found in summer.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Mushrooms are loving weird when you think about it

OwlFancier posted:

Nice to know we have titty shrooms to go with the willy shroom I found in summer.

That is an eyeball shroom, are we even looking at the same picture

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The only acceptable mushroom foraging is for magic mushrooms

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Barry Foster posted:

definitely looks like a titty

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It'd probably look more like an eyeball if it wasn't a weird off flesh tone.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jose posted:

The only acceptable mushroom foraging is for magic mushrooms

this is genuinely the worst post on the internet im fuming

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Barry Foster posted:

Don't bodyshame him.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/1179672808059805696?s=20

Then again it turns out she has a mortgage and a lodger so.

Full diary: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49556383

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

made the mistake of replying to a fubpee, god these people are brain spidered

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

Also closer to humans than plants.

Also possibly responsible for the origin of human consciousness.

Also Shulgin had some ideas about how you could create new psychopharmaceuticals by feeding magic mushrooms modified DMT analogs.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a mushroom is a good guy with a mushroom.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

made the mistake of replying to a fubpee, god these people are brain spidered

at the risk of sounding like a melt, some of them are good guys and gals but brexit has become this culture war issue now so even tho they'll be revolted by the tory lite policies of the lib dems in a GE they've decided they have to vote for them anyway, it's sad

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hobo posted:

https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/1179672808059805696?s=20

Then again it turns out she has a mortgage and a lodger so.

She doesn't just have a mortgage and a lodger; she is charging her lodger almost the entire amount of the mortgage. How sad it must be to live pretty much completely rent free.

I wonder what her lodger will think about this when he/she sees this article.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

that's probably from chewing the spore cloud mushrooms

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

How the hell can you eat that and not starve? No matter how much I try I can never spend less than 10 euros a day on food! (Mostly because depression saps my will to cook)

Also do they mention her total income?

Edit: Also, that mushroom totally looks like an eyeball. Get your minds out of the gutter.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 3, 2019

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Aphex- posted:

Depends on the nipple size I suppose.

e: Though the real question is if it has a bluish or gold tint.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 3, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

at the risk of sounding like a melt, some of them are good guys and gals but brexit has become this culture war issue now so even tho they'll be revolted by the tory lite policies of the lib dems in a GE they've decided they have to vote for them anyway, it's sad

True but his username is his name and #FBPE, and his profile pic is "48" and his profile is all about how he's one of the 48. This isn't a normal person who also has #FBPE in their name or profile.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1179706488530624517?s=20

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I was on team eyeball but now I’m seeing it as titty and I don’t know if I like that better or not

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the pupil of your eyeball protrudes out from the iris then you've got weird eyes.

E:

Perfectly normal mushroom doesn't look like anything.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lodger paying £400, mortgage is £436, kill all landlords imo

Also if I don't get my poo poo together to bring leftovers for lunch I inflict a big pot noodle on myself for £1.00. Spending nearly double that every day is loving Dreamland to me.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I asked a friend and she immediately said ‘chode’ so this mushroom has some horny energy

E: I expressed surprise and she said ‘bumhole?’ so this really isn’t helping at all

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Also if I don't get my poo poo together to bring leftovers for lunch I inflict a big pot noodle on myself for £1.00. Spending nearly double that every day is loving Dreamland to me.

How do you live????????

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

AceOfFlames posted:

Edit: Also, that mushroom totally looks like an eyeball. Get your minds out of the gutter.
Why are titties more gutter prone than eyeballs?

Tesseraction posted:

True but his username is his name and #FBPE, and his profile pic is "48" and his profile is all about how he's one of the 48. This isn't a normal person who also has #FBPE in their name or profile.
48 is Nazi code for Daryl Hitler (he's also a dick).

Skimmed this as "BREAKING Boris Johnson's been trying to have sex with Sajid Javid's dog Bailey in the Downing St Garden." and didn't question that. Tories.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eye? Titty?

Titeye.

Solved.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

sebzilla posted:

Lodger paying £400, mortgage is £436, kill all landlords imo

I'm paying double the landlords mortgage in rent and yet I think it's a good deal and he's letting it out slightly below market rent. The system works.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Aphex- posted:

Miftan posted:

Don't bodyshame him.

TACD posted:

I was on team eyeball but now I’m seeing it as titty and I don’t know if I like that better or not

TACD posted:

I asked a friend and she immediately said ‘chode’ so this mushroom has some horny energy

E: I expressed surprise and she said ‘bumhole?’ so this really isn’t helping at all

White and gold or blue and black?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

How do you live????????

If you eat pot noodle every day, briefly.

Food is much cheaper if you cook. A sausage sarnie at work is £1.50 or so, but a pack of sausages + a pack of buns is £2 and will make you six or so sandwiches.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The eyes are merely the titties of the face.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Barry Foster posted:

Laurel

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

AceOfFlames posted:

How do you live????????

Frugally.

Literally walking back to on the shop with one in my hand now and it's 551 nourishing calories which is ok for a lunch I think? Big meal with the family at home later.

e: Yeah normally I bring stuff from home but if/when I don't it's time to get my noodle on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Barry Foster posted:

This mushroom is clearly 50 shades of gray