Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i considered trying to figure out what this was about, but i saw louise mensch was the top reply and decided against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

bowmore posted:

Can someone explain this to me? I need an episode of Reply All or something

Downer had a drink in a bar with a Trump crony who was all "lol Russia got dirt on Hillza for us", Downer reported it back to Australia, now the Crony/US government is trying to pull a puppetmaster defence and is also accusing him of spying. As far as I can tell the US media isn't using THAT photo. This is a pretty good summary.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

kirbysuperstar posted:

cops busting people for... Not gambling
sydney 2020

Squidtits
Mar 30, 2004
Spank me, you know you wanna
The family and I have travelled from Albury to Brisbane via central NSW over the last couple of days.
On the NSW side not a single creek had any water and multiple rivers crossings were bridges over dry beds. Almost every farm dam was empty too. Everything was so dry and dead. Its even worse when you consider we are just over a month into spring. It was only when we were in qld did we see some water in dams and creeks but the land seemed just as dry.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Before Times posted:

God, the worst TERFs are always second-wavers.

Do they get the irony of like, wanting to restrict the way a person can live their life based on their genitals?

To be clear the neo-second waver was an assumption on my part rather than anything i could factually find. That she considers Lesbians the pre-eminent women class still sicks out like a sore thumb though.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I thought Sports Bet couldn't get any scummier but they had a radio ad the other day with sirens in it (and cops busting people for... Not gambling?) Which should be loving illegal

Radio ads in general are some scummy poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I love radio ads with honking horns and sirens in them

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Know what I love? Radio ads that end with "OK Google" or "hey, Siri" and gently caress with my phone

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Squidtits posted:

The family and I have travelled from Albury to Brisbane via central NSW over the last couple of days.
On the NSW side not a single creek had any water and multiple rivers crossings were bridges over dry beds. Almost every farm dam was empty too. Everything was so dry and dead. Its even worse when you consider we are just over a month into spring. It was only when we were in qld did we see some water in dams and creeks but the land seemed just as dry.

gonna fix this by building more dams to catch the rain that didnt fall and pipes to take water from places running out of water to the places that already have

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Hot drat

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

BBJoey posted:

i considered trying to figure out what this was about, but i saw louise mensch was the top reply and decided against it

Downer is going to gitmo, it brings me no joy to report this

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Bargearse posted:

Know what I love? Radio ads that end with "OK Google" or "hey, Siri" and gently caress with my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLUXPvcEMA

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoeHockey/status/1179701393063632896

Horrible, utter freak, wrong boot you licky creep

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 3, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Whitlam posted:

Downer had a drink in a bar with a Trump crony who was all "lol Russia got dirt on Hillza for us", Downer reported it back to Australia, now the Crony/US government is trying to pull a puppetmaster defence and is also accusing him of spying. As far as I can tell the US media isn't using THAT photo. This is a pretty good summary.
cheers!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's cool that Trump made everyone have to post tit for tats on twitter lol

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Oh also Rudy, his lawyer, just keeps admitting to more and more crimes, usually on TV. They say he's the only lawyer who could argue a traffic ticket down to first degree murder, for context. Apparently he did a Leak (head trauma leading to increasingly unhinged behaviour). Graham started out super anti-Trump, ended up doing a 180, which people freely speculate is due to Trump blackmailing him (apparently it's a pretty open secret that he's gay and he has a large evangelical base, but others have speculated there's an Epstein link as well).

Everyone close to Trump goes down. It's happened without fail. If he brings down Morrison, in events that were kickstarted by Downer under Turnbull, I will quite probably literally die laughing. And I'm fine with that.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Whitlam posted:

Oh also Rudy, his lawyer, just keeps admitting to more and more crimes, usually on TV. They say he's the only lawyer who could argue a traffic ticket down to first degree murder, for context. Apparently he did a Leak (head trauma leading to increasingly unhinged behaviour). Graham started out super anti-Trump, ended up doing a 180, which people freely speculate is due to Trump blackmailing him (apparently it's a pretty open secret that he's gay and he has a large evangelical base, but others have speculated there's an Epstein link as well).

Everyone close to Trump goes down. It's happened without fail. If he brings down Morrison, in events that were kickstarted by Downer under Turnbull, I will quite probably literally die laughing. And I'm fine with that.

Yeah, both Graham and Nunes have to be seriously loving compromised at this point, and I for one can't wait to find out what sick poo poo Trump must have on them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
A naturopath who told vulnerable clients that their cancer was a fungus that could be cured with bicarbonate soda rather than through conventional medical treatment has been barred from practising for life, according to the New South Wales Health Care Complaints Commission.

Barbara O’Neill describes herself as a qualified naturopath and nutritionist and has worked at health retreats in Queensland, Victoria and NSW. She gives lectures internationally, has authored books on health and nutrition, and appears in YouTube videos. The HCCC found: “Mrs O’Neill does not recognise that she is misleading vulnerable people including mothers and cancer sufferers by providing very selective information.”

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
A friend of mine died in his twenties from cancer because he refused medical treatment and ate Apricot kernels and got his aura cleansed instead

Sucks that people prey on the vulnerable

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Naturopath is not a protected word like doctor. You can’t actually ban them from doing it in any meaningful way can you?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol if Downer gets taken down because he did the right thing a single time.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Zenithe posted:

Naturopath is not a protected word like doctor. You can’t actually ban them from doing it in any meaningful way can you?

Doctor is also not a protected title in Australia (medical practitioner is).

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nutritionist is meaningless aswell

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The New South Wales Greens have apologised after the party published a transphobic article in its member newsletter that claimed the “transactivist agenda” had “negative consequences” for women.

On Thursday, NSW Greens co-convenor Rochelle Flood and the party’s Newtown MP, Jenny Leong, issued a statement calling the article “completely unacceptable,” saying it “seeks to delegitimise and deny the fundamental rights of trans people”.

“It is completely unacceptable that a transphobic article was published in the latest edition of GreenMail, the Greens’ members internal magazine. We are so sorry this happened,” the statement read.

“We want to stress that the views expressed in this article are entirely inconsistent with Greens principles and our policies on trans rights.

“The views expressed by the author of this article are harmful and should never have been published in a Greens NSW publication. We offer our sincere apologies that this occurred and for the harm caused as a result of this.”

Greens senator Mehreen Faruqi also criticised the article, writing on Twitter: “This is not acceptable and I’m really sorry it happened. This is completely inconsistent with Greens’ policies and principles.”

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Duttons calling for vigilante violence against climate protesters and their families now

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/10/03/peter-dutton-demands-tougher-penalties-for-climate-change-protesters/

quote:

Mr Dutton urged people to surveil the protesters and distribute their images.

“People should take these names and the photos of these people and distribute them as far and wide as they can, so that we shame these people,” Mr Dutton said.

“They are acting outside of the law. Let their families know what you think of their behaviour.”
Let them know what you think WINK WINK

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Downer is EXACTLY the kind of loser who ends up being a lovely intelligence asset. And why is everyone acting like he did a good thing when he clearly overstated stuff to suck up to power? Intelligence people aren’t cool spies they are weird losers who want to be big shots.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

EoinCannon posted:

Nutritionist is meaningless aswell

Dietician is not, however.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Lid posted:

The New South Wales Greens have apologised after the party published a transphobic article in its member newsletter that claimed the “transactivist agenda” had “negative consequences” for women.

On Thursday, NSW Greens co-convenor Rochelle Flood and the party’s Newtown MP, Jenny Leong, issued a statement calling the article “completely unacceptable,” saying it “seeks to delegitimise and deny the fundamental rights of trans people”.

“It is completely unacceptable that a transphobic article was published in the latest edition of GreenMail, the Greens’ members internal magazine. We are so sorry this happened,” the statement read.

“We want to stress that the views expressed in this article are entirely inconsistent with Greens principles and our policies on trans rights.

“The views expressed by the author of this article are harmful and should never have been published in a Greens NSW publication. We offer our sincere apologies that this occurred and for the harm caused as a result of this.”

Greens senator Mehreen Faruqi also criticised the article, writing on Twitter: “This is not acceptable and I’m really sorry it happened. This is completely inconsistent with Greens’ policies and principles.”

i mean they say this now, but what they really mean is that they are sorry that people took notice

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kirbysuperstar posted:

I thought Sports Bet couldn't get any scummier but they had a radio ad the other day with sirens in it (and cops busting people for... Not gambling?) Which should be loving illegal

STOP YOU'RE UNDER ARREST

For not doubling down on who scores the first try!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amethyst posted:

Downer is EXACTLY the kind of loser who ends up being a lovely intelligence asset. And why is everyone acting like he did a good thing when he clearly overstated stuff to suck up to power? Intelligence people aren’t cool spies they are weird losers who want to be big shots.

What did he clearly overstate?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Recoome posted:

i mean they say this now, but what they really mean is that they are sorry that people took notice

I'm prepared to assume faruqi and leong are genuine, I don't know the convener though.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The only reason an article like that gets published is that everyone in charge of vetting the article are sympathetic to those views.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tokamak posted:

The only reason an article like that gets published is that everyone in charge of vetting the article are sympathetic to those views.

Alternatively, but literally no better at all, is that "it would be wrong not to publish this as a feminist ally and that views should not be squashed for any reason".

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

second-wave feminism is loving wild

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I can kind of understand their sentiment but also the greens isn't the party for it

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

I can kind of understand their sentiment but also the greens isn't the party for it

The TERF sentiment?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Amethyst posted:

Intelligence asset is overstating it a bit, he just dobbed to his boss after a drunk yank bragged about crimes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

The TERF sentiment?

Yeah. I can understand being a woman and trying to gate off your political group based on who does and does not have a penis rather than how people identify. I don't think it's right, but how they feel about it makes sense to me.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

The Peccadillo posted:

Intelligence asset is overstating it a bit, he just dobbed to his boss after a drunk yank bragged about crimes

with just a little more workshopping this could be a fine NT News headline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
More research shows Margot Oliver is def old school-second wave feminist this is from Green Left Weekly 1995

on Saturday a film stream which is being run by Margot Oliver, who organised the film stream at the first conference in 1978. There is a lot of choice — some might complain there is too much!

so yeah she's been involved for decades

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/the-screen-guide/t/for-love-or-money--a-history-of-women-and-work-in-australia-1983/179

https://mobile.twitter.com/cassandragoldie/status/1063355132291805184