Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Failed Imagineer posted:

:eyepop: those poll numbers

Hope it's not soft support that erodes the second any other new distraction is introduced
It's impeachment, nothing is going to distract from this story. We've only got the two other modern impeachment proceedings to go off of, but both Clinton and Nixon impeachments absolutely dominated the national discourse and media for months, and we're in like... week 2. "Bernie Sanders suspends campaign after cardiac incident" is getting only passing mention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Oh dear me posted:

Have you never seen One flew over the cuckoo's nest or something?

Just think about how much power you're proposing to give a few professionals over other people's entire lives.

One flew over the cuckoos nest has gotten weird because the unjust crime he was in jail for was..... pedophillia

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tibalt posted:

It's impeachment, nothing is going to distract from this story. We've only got the two other modern impeachment proceedings to go off of, but both Clinton and Nixon impeachments absolutely dominated the national discourse and media for months, and we're in like... week 2. "Bernie Sanders suspends campaign after cardiac incident" is getting only passing mention.

I hope so, just reluctant to bet the farm on the US attention span

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

FizFashizzle posted:

Perry strikes me as the kind of stupid guy who's really easy to get along with.

Apparently Perry thought the Department of Energy was in charge of that sweet oil graft and when he found out he was the chief nuke bomb guy for the USA he astonishingly realized he was totally out of his depth and occasionally listens to the professionals.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

canepazzo posted:

Welcome to #theresistance, Nickelback!

I didn't actually click the video because it's a Trump tweet, but did he actually have nickelback music playing on it? I thought Sciavo was smarter than that

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179710734030249984

Jesus christ, leave her alone

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Failed Imagineer posted:

:eyepop: those poll numbers

Hope it's not soft support that erodes the second any other new distraction is introduced

There’s another factor- differential non response bias. Following bad stories about a politician, their supporters are less inclined to respond to pollsters and are underrepresented. The opposite is true for the opponents. This issue can often be difficult or impossible for even the best pollsters to account for, even when weighting for demographics.

There’s real movement in those polls- and it seems like something finally matters- but the data are guaranteed to be very noisy for a while.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ewiley posted:

I didn't actually click the video because it's a Trump tweet, but did he actually have nickelback music playing on it? I thought Sciavo was smarter than that

The braindead lady? I imagine she would tweet better than this

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Ither posted:

If a society decided that shoplifting is a jailworthy crime, and it can be determined that you will never stop shoplifting, then you stay in the jail.

If there's one thing the US desperately needs while having a corrupt government and a non-working constitution, it's a sharp increase in the prison population, because that's well-known to be too low in this country. Lock these irredeemable jaywalkers up for life!

Idiot.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ither posted:

If a society decided that shoplifting is a jailworthy crime, and it can be determined that you will never stop shoplifting, then you stay in the jail.

Even then, if someone is persistently shoplifting, there's some deeper issue going on. Jail is never an answer to a problem. At best it's an intervention to help but time to find other solutions.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

A picture of mental health.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/g29343536/trump-meltdown-finland-president-photos/

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

The braindead lady? I imagine she would tweet better than this

Haha whoops, meant Scavino, but maybe yes Sciavo would be a good choice too

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

ewiley posted:

Not just that, it was part of the video with Chad Kroger holding up the picture frame; only it was a picture of Biden and son and others (proving the conspiracy) photoshopped in.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The best thing is he is having complete public meltdowns at all times like the spoiled child that he is, but he finds time to make fun of actual children upset that boomers don't care if they die

What a wonderful human being, and not at all the lowest form of scum possible

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Hes just mad thats shes better at speaking the english goodly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Imagine getting so upset because a LITERAL CHILD has challenged your world view and you have completely no rebuttal or defense of your world view against it so you just launch a stream of personal attacks against them. Someone who is, again, a LITERAL CHILD

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
By Christmas Donald will have turned into the literal boogeyman and will spend his time hiding in kids' closets in DC

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

"All my friends are right here... just out of frame..."

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

No wonder the senate is almost completely silent. Stick a fork in him

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A loss of 30% of your base before Impeachment proceedings have even happened, and this is before his insane unhinged poo poo yesterday

It can only drop further :allears:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Imagine getting so upset because a LITERAL CHILD has challenged your world view and you have completely no rebuttal or defense of your world view against it so you just launch a stream of personal attacks against them. Someone who is, again, a LITERAL CHILD

Maybe deep down right wingers realise that children are way, way smarter than them, and they resent it. Just like they resent everything, except maybe cruelty

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sexpig by night posted:

yea, murderers don't get probation without the governor pardoning them here so at least she'll serve the full bullshit sentence.

I've got bad news about the caliber of people those two institutions churn out

Isn't pardoning a white cop lady an extremely Greg Abbott move?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIP2vukNOPc

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

terrorist ambulance posted:

Does anyone know what the gently caress Trump thinks this about, this thing that hes so fixated on? Was there actually an instance of Schiff paraphrasing or whatever?

A transcript, for those who don't want to watch the video.
"Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates: ‘We've been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don't see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you, though. And I'm going to say this only seven times, so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of it. On this and on that. I’m going to put you in touch with people, not just any people. I’m going to put you in touch with the attorney general of the United States, my attorney general Bill Barr. He’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with Rudy. You’re going to love him, trust me. You know what I’m asking and so I’m only going to say this a few more times, in a few more ways. And by the way, don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.’

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah, while those polls are a good sign, and definitely will make Orange Pissbaby throw his diet coke across the room, I'm witholding hope until we get some consecutive polling on this. Spikes and dips are fine, but trends are much sweeter.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow the President literally harassing a small child

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Not the first time.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He allegedly also has sex with them, so this would be minor by comparison, if those aforementioned allegations were indeed the case

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Piell posted:

A transcript, for those who don't want to watch the video.
"Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates: ‘We've been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don't see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you, though. And I'm going to say this only seven times, so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of it. On this and on that. I’m going to put you in touch with people, not just any people. I’m going to put you in touch with the attorney general of the United States, my attorney general Bill Barr. He’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with Rudy. You’re going to love him, trust me. You know what I’m asking and so I’m only going to say this a few more times, in a few more ways. And by the way, don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.’

One thing that's clear too is that Trump would never in a million years be able to cite or quote what Schiff said that was so bad, or how it mischaracterized anything Trump said. He just says it was "horrible" or whatever.

It's exactly the same as how he attacked the Squad: just kept saying Omar had said "horrible things about Israel" and so on. He has NO IDEA what his enemies have actually said. Just that people have told him they said bad stuff and he should be mad about it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Data Graham posted:

One thing that's clear too is that Trump would never in a million years be able to cite or quote what Schiff said that was so bad, or how it mischaracterized anything Trump said. He just says it was "horrible" or whatever.

It's exactly the same as how he attacked the Squad: just kept saying Omar had said "horrible things about Israel" and so on. He has NO IDEA what his enemies have actually said. Just that people have told him they said bad stuff and he should be mad about it.

Nah, I can fully believe he watched/listened to what they said. He just has the retention of a rusted sieve so all he can recall is "words...bad!"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Next week they announce the Nobel Laureates of 2019 and I really hope Greta gets the peace prize, just for that sweet, sweet twitter rage from big dum dum.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Next week they announce the Nobel Laureates of 2019 and I really hope Greta gets the peace prize, just for that sweet, sweet twitter rage from big dum dum.

She wasn't in the public eye during the nomination period. She's got a shot at 2020, though!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OAquinas posted:

Nah, I can fully believe he watched/listened to what they said. He just has the retention of a rusted sieve so all he can recall is "words...bad!"

Yeah, I don't know actually. If all he heard from Omar was the "benjamins" comment and the "hypnotized" comment, I don't trust that he'd even have been able to make the leap to painting those things as antisemitic or anti-Israel. I feel like he had to have had it explained to him, probably by Fox News, and without any specifics, just breathless outrage that he's copying.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Finally actual presidential harassment

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

I HOPE THAT THING'S NOT SOLAR POWERED IT MAKES ME LOOK BAD

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Is Lindsey legit going to incriminate himself for Trump?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1179710456426123265

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

fun fact: wacky deli was explicitly written about the show it appeared in

guy could not loving stand the wacky horseshit of kids TV and the fuckers kept giving him money to do it and it was driving him insane

it was less kids tv and more that he got roped into running a tv show that kept renewed and he kept trying to get out of it. Wacky Delly was a late season 3 episode and it really shows his frustrations ot that point

Murray's wife had killed herself during the preproduction of Rocko about 2 months before the production actually started (after they beat Sniz & Fondue for a Nicktoons slot), and Murray never really got a chance to sort that out personally before the show started

he thought it wasn't going to get renewed after the 1st season and he would sort his issues out then, but it got renewed twice more before he put his foot down and said he was gone after season 4, and they could use his #2 Stephen Hillenbrand to run the show without him. (Murray basically made him showrunner in season 3 just for this reason)

Nickelodeon said no season 4, Murray left but would eventually go back to doing childrens tv after a while while Hillenbrand went onto make Spongebob Squarepants (which also beat out Sniz & Fondue for a Nicktoons slot)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Herstory Begins Now posted:

No wonder the senate is almost completely silent. Stick a fork in him

If the Senate has to vote to remove on the record, they'll still keep him. Don't get too excited.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Charlz Guybon posted:

Another poll showing growth in support for impeachment

EDIT: Also, if news organizations are going to consistently use a photo of Trump coming unglued from now on, that's gonna hurt him
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1179698629818363904

There is almost no perceptive difference between a picture of Donny losing it and a regular picture. Any picture of him talking, and most of the ones where he's just looking at something, are indistinguishable from a picture of a man losing his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gyges posted:

There is almost no perceptive difference between a picture of Donny losing it and a regular picture. Any picture of him talking, and most of the ones where he's just looking at something, are indistinguishable from a picture of a man losing his poo poo.

Eh, a lot of the pictures before this were more like Grandpa being vaguely confused at what's happening around him, these pictures are literally cartoon ragefaces.