Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Palace to Nowhere Act
The admiralty is prohibited from agreeing to divert any further funds to palace or yacht construction until the completion of our two new battleships.

E: I second the The Far East Squadron Rebasing Act and the Fortifications Act.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

wedgekree posted:

Fortifications

All colonies in areas expected to be combat zones in the coming year are prioritized for increase in fortifications. This can include (but is not limited to) building of additional coastal batteries, port capacity. Each 'zone' in turn should have at least one small level airbase that can handle zeppelins to be used for spotting if it does not have already. Those that are ready should have one squadron of zepelins assigned to them when available o an airbase, at least one per zone.

The priority will be the Far East (Sakhain), then Asia, and if budget permits to Northern Europe/The Med. Discretion is given to the admiralty as to what level of fortifications are considered effective to build up within an efficient timespan.

The Admiralty is also allowed to prioritize what they feel is the most effective buildup to use at their discretion (airbase/port/gun batteries).
Seconded.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The ( . )( . ) Motorboat Act

Bases with airbases for either airships or fixed wing aircraft are to have 1d4 MTB squadrons ordered immediately

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Far East Airforce Expansion Act

Upgrade all airbases in Asia to maximum level when the budget allows for it.

European Airforce Expansion Act

Upgrade all airbases in the European theater to maximum level when the budget allows for it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
what's the highest level of lighter than air research?

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
BBs, BattleBlimps, but their size makes them hard to justify since they can only effectively mount up to 16" guns.

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Bases with airbases for either airships or fixed wing aircraft are to have 1d4 MTB squadrons ordered immediately

Danann posted:

Upgrade all airbases in the European theater to maximum level when the budget allows for it.
Seconded

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Veloxyll posted:

Danann posted:

wedgekree posted:

Fortifications

All colonies in areas expected to be combat zones in the coming year are prioritized for increase in fortifications. This can include (but is not limited to) building of additional coastal batteries, port capacity. Each 'zone' in turn should have at least one small level airbase that can handle zeppelins to be used for spotting if it does not have already. Those that are ready should have one squadron of zepelins assigned to them when available o an airbase, at least one per zone.

The priority will be the Far East (Sakhain), then Asia, and if budget permits to Northern Europe/The Med. Discretion is given to the admiralty as to what level of fortifications are considered effective to build up within an efficient timespan.

The Admiralty is also allowed to prioritize what they feel is the most effective buildup to use at their discretion (airbase/port/gun batteries).

Mister Bates posted:

The Far East Squadron Rebasing Act

While I was hoping to be able to propose a better version of my previous act that took into consideration the very good points people had against it, there's no way in hell we can afford to design new ships right now or even order a new run of destroyers. For now let's stick to the part of the bill that makes us money instead of losing it. The Elbrus and Grom will be redeployed to Vladivostok to replace the 19th-century-vintage Pamyat Azova armored cruisers. With war potentially looming, the Pamyat Azovas will not be scrapped at this time, but will be scrapped as soon as world tension has fallen to safe levels or the upcoming war has ended, freeing up their maintenance costs to be spent on more modern vessels.

This will leave us with no armored cruisers in the Baltic, but one nearly-20-year-old ship will not be a huge loss, and in fact it might actually help us by ensuring the battle gen doesn't throw us into cruiser actions when we only have one cruiser.

VOTE!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye

All Ayes for the Aye of It

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The ( . )( . ) Motorboat Act - Aye
Far East Airforce Expansion Act - Aye
European Airforce Expansion Act - Aye
Fortifications - Aye
The Far East Squadron Rebasing Act - Aye

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Nay
Nay
Nay
Nay
Far East Rebasing - Aye

I like the idea of expanding airbases, but those acts make me nervous that they're going to be interpreted as building airbases literally everywhere and bankrupting us, like what happened with the submarines.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
motorboats, far east rebasing aye

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Nay to all except Far East Rebasing, for which I vote aye.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Nay
Nay
Nay
Nay
Aye

We don’t need newfangled flying deathtraps! We need quality Russian steel and ships!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Nay across the board, are you people aware of the state the budget is in?

Imperial Officer
Oct 21, 2010
The ( . )( . ) Motorboat Act - Aye
Far East Airforce Expansion Act - Nay
European Airforce Expansion Act - Aye
Fortifications - Nay
The Far East Squadron Rebasing Act - Aye

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nay across the board

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Nay
Nay
Nay
Nay
Far East Rebasing - Aye

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Aye to ( . )( . ) Motorboat and Far East Rebasing

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

Titties in the far east.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

frankenfreak posted:

Gary Grigsby's War in the BREast

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 2, 2019

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Night10194 posted:

Nay across the board

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I don't know what half of these do but NAY on all counts sounds like the best vote.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The thing is airbases are actually very useful. They're definitely something to consider when we're not building 3 BBs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

***PRIORITETY ISSLEDOVANIYE 01 JAN 1925 ST PETERSBURG***
YEGO IMPYERATORSKOGO VYELICHYESTVA (NIKOLAYA II [VTOROGO])
pre:
Research Area				Last research		Priority	Levels
Machinery development			Water wall furnace	Medium		13
Armour development			Impr armour testing	HIGH		11
Hull construction			Imp design calculations	LOW	12
Fire control				Synthetic fire control	Low		17
Subdivision and damage control		Diesel generators	High		6
Turrets and gun mountings		Double gun mounts on CL	Medium		10
Ship design				AON armour		Medium		12
AP Projectiles				Improved ballistic cap	High		8
Light forces and torpedo warfare	Motor torpedo boats	Medium		12
Torpedo technology			Lengthened torpedoes	Medium		12
Submarines				Increased battery cap	Low		13
ASW technology				Imp depth charges	High		8
Explosive shells			Enh explosive filler	LOW		10
Fleet tactics				Smoke Floats		HIGH		8
Anti Aircraft artillery			20mm automatic cannon	Medium		3
Naval aviation, lighter than air	Aircraft carrying blimp	High		5
Naval Aviation, heavier than air	Early air launch torps	HIGH		3
Shipboard aircraft operation		Purpose built CVLs	HIGH		4
Amphibious operations			Elpidifor boats		Medium		2
Naval guns				16 inch guns		Low

AS YOU CAN SEE, OUR BELOVED TSAR HAS DEMANDED ANOTHER YACHT AND PALACE STOP
CLEARLY HE MUST STILL BE ALIVE AND WELL STOP
HAHA THAT GOOD OLD TSAR, ALWAYS WITH THE NEW YACHTS AND PALACES STOP
THAT'S SUCH A TYPICAL THING FOR OUR EMPEROR TO HAVE DONE WHILE BEING ENTIRELY OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE FOR OVER A YEAR STOP
RUMORS ABOUT THE TSAR'S FAILING HEALTH OR SENILITY OR HAVING DIED LAST YEAR ARE CLEARLY FALSE AND TREASONOUS STOP
HEY WE INVENTED MOTOR TORPEDO BOATS MAYBE LETS BUILD SOME OF THEM THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DIVERSION FOR EVERYONE TO FOCUS ON STOP
NEW RESEARCH PRIORITIES ARE DEFINITELY THE TSAR'S ORDERS AND NOT JUST RANDOM CHANGES END

NO NEW PLANES ORDERED THIS YEAR STOP
WE WOULD STILL LIKE A DANG BOMBER THOUGH IT WOULD BE GREAT TO INVENT ONE END

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The thing is airbases are actually very useful. They're definitely something to consider when we're not building 3 BBs.

Though I'm mostly voting out of a sense of spite and Mahan, I'd love to see an effort-post about the cost/benefit to airbases. How much they tend to run, when you want blimps vs. regular planes, how many you can fit in a region, how to run them without breaking your budget as the second cheapest nation in the world, etc. It'd be helpful in deciding how to vote aside from my current rule of thumb of: Before 1935? All battleships/battlecruisers/heavy cruisers. After 1935? All carriers/AA Battlebarges/destroyers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

just vote with your heart, the budget will take care of itself

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

just vote with your heart, the budget will take care of itself

Cries in deficit.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The only thing cheaper than airbases are coastal submarines, torpedo boats, and corvettes. They also build up pretty fast but it takes a while for their squadrons to fill up with planes.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Yes to MTBs, no to the rest.

I have never actually seen a MTB spawn or do anything in either this game or RTW1.

Ever.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Danann posted:

The only thing cheaper than airbases are coastal submarines, torpedo boats, and corvettes. They also build up pretty fast but it takes a while for their squadrons to fill up with planes.

The Squadrons are where the cost is. I uh, may have gone a little bankrupt in some of my early playthroughs from going all in on planes

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Aesculus posted:

Yes to MTBs, no to the rest.

I have never actually seen a MTB spawn or do anything in either this game or RTW1.

Ever.

they spawn in and near ports, so they are mainly useful when the enemy is trying to accomplish coast strike missions. otherwise, not.

port strikes really should be a bigger thing

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Aye
Nay
Nay
Aye
Aye

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

January 1925

quote:

Moterboats are ordered.

We crush the Rebels and keep the peace with Britain.

A new model of our flying boats go out. Austria continues to prepare for war.

February 1925

They are defiantly pushing for their light fleet.

March 1925

Some of their ships are being commissioned as well.

April 1925

And scrap the Potemkins? Hell no!

Firstly, we had triple turrets?
Secondly – Why have we been making our ships out of flammable materials? That explains a lot!

The expected war begins.

No fights to begin with. I activate the fleet and set trade protection.

May 1925

Oh boy! That's a lot of subs – that convoy system is going to be tested!

Time to see what the new ships are up to!

The recon planes take to the air. This will be a different kind of war!

The recon ships spot the enemy.

They guide the Grom in.

We begin to range in on them. But we can't catch them – it turns into a long, boring chase until darkness comes.

The Austrians continue to lay down destroyers.

June 1925

France pushes us to far!

Our subs seem to be better at their jobs.

The Grom is out with our two seaplane carriers.

A Battlecrusier – great. We get the first hits in though. It only has 8.5” armour, so we have a good chance of taking it out.

We score hit after hit. They hit us once.

Our accuracy far outstrips theirs.

But my god do they hit hard. Night comes and we are able to disengage.

Well, this balances the books!

Ahh, victory.

Just....

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hah! Our zeppelins did something! Ok they got away but still!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Leperflesh posted:

Hah! Our zeppelins did something! Ok they got away but still!

This time...

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

If only we had a way to deliver torpedoes through the air. :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nearly losing to a CA with a BC is one of the most Austria-Hungary moves possible. Up there with having over 40 subs and not managing to sink a single merchant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Nearly losing to a CA with a BC is one of the most Austria-Hungary moves possible. Up there with having over 40 subs and not managing to sink a single merchant.

Pretty sure lots of them are coastal subs, and thus in the Mediterranean, so they do very little to nothing against a power with no colonies or access there.

Getting improved triples is a big deal though, makes 9 / 10 / 12 gun ships that can go fast and/ or have armor possible.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 3, 2019