Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Please check that your phone doesn't have a bunch of leftover 'services' installed on it (I would hope that the play store uninstalls every component that an app creates, but I wouldn't put it past them to allow this).

What's the best way to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's the best way to do this?

Set it on fire.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is there a good list of the heroes to look for/start building up for the post 160 afk arena game? It seems like my current dudes take me there but no further.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I make most of my choices based off this tier list, it's regularly updated when new heroes are added and even between patches when the meta shifts.

https://www.afkarena.net/tier-list

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Vulpes posted:

I make most of my choices based off this tier list, it's regularly updated when new heroes are added and even between patches when the meta shifts.

https://www.afkarena.net/tier-list
Why the hell is Gwyneth so high on that list, she's terrible.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

Apocopriest posted:

I'd like an invite, please add Apocopriest. Currently in a guild but dropping soons i post.

Added you

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

tildes posted:

Is there a good list of the heroes to look for/start building up for the post 160 afk arena game? It seems like my current dudes take me there but no further.

Shemira, Shemira, and Shemira. Once you're anywhere near 150, get your Shemira above 161 and everyone else 150ish. You'll catapult through entire chapters.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I've had garbage luck pulling tanks(zero Brutus or Lucian), but the moment my Shemira hit 161 I was able to push through to chaper 13 in just a couple days.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Boost Saveas, he'll carry you until you have a decent Shemira. Ira is another one who is great after level 41 because all of her attacks cause bleed, so once she supers it's a question of if you can just survive until the enemy team bleeds out.

Deathmic
Oct 24, 2009
AFK Arena : still waiting for a guild spot, name's Deathmic.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I pulled a Gwyneth today from the wagon in labyrinth, and frankly she surprised me with how much damage she was putting out. Her and Shemira would both hit their ults as soon as the battle started and shredded pretty much every fight. I breezed through hard mode.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A lot of these heroes will rank high but when you use them they're trash. For a lot of them they became god tier or whatever after a certain level when they unlock a rank of whatever skill that makes them amazing. It also means that if she gets good at for example 180, she'll he fighting mythic and ascended heroes so a base purple won't be worth anything. I wish the tier lists reflected that.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Resdfru posted:

A lot of these heroes will rank high but when you use them they're trash. For a lot of them they became god tier or whatever after a certain level when they unlock a rank of whatever skill that makes them amazing. It also means that if she gets good at for example 180, she'll he fighting mythic and ascended heroes so a base purple won't be worth anything. I wish the tier lists reflected that.

The tier lists are more of a "who is worth sacrificing heroes to in order to ascend" guide.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Resdfru posted:

Some of it depends on team composition too. A hero who is sub par in one team can excel in another.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I could see Gwyneth's accuracy-reducing ult making a dodgy gently caress like Kaz into even more of a monster.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

That game certainly looks legit and isn't also hiding malware or harvesting its players' information.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

A bit of math on the gacha vs. coin rush in Mario Kart

An average coin rush is almost exactly 400.
The 15 and 25 gem drives are equivalent multipliers, getting you about 160 coins per gem.

A pull from a set of ten is 4.5 gems. You'd get about 720 coins in rush for the same gems.

*New Info* Every pull averages 1596 coins in store cost at the start of the event.*

N.B. it's a real gacha, there's only 100 things in there at the start of an event so each pull changes these numbers.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 6, 2019

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Somehow I've managed to pull the shiny car in both Mario Kart banners in two pulls. And then I went and accidentally bought characters and karts in the shop that I thought were new but we're actually dupes for me. It's me, the stereotypical gacha gamer.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My pull rate on epics from faction scrolls is insanely low in AFK arena. It has to be something like 1-2%.Love getting 24 scrolls from beating chapter 20 and getting tons of greens and blues! It's happened multiple times already, too. Ugh.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005

Dragongem posted:

My pull rate on epics from faction scrolls is insanely low in AFK arena. It has to be something like 1-2%.Love getting 24 scrolls from beating chapter 20 and getting tons of greens and blues! It's happened multiple times already, too. Ugh.

You’d think for how uncommon faction scrolls are, you’d at least get blues or better. I’m seriously low on fodder at this point.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I'm very quickly approaching the point in AFK Arena where all I want for Christmas is bluuuuues. I need so many at this point, it's kind of ridiculous.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gearman posted:

I'm very quickly approaching the point in AFK Arena where all I want for Christmas is bluuuuues. I need so many at this point, it's kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm kinda in that boat. I need like one more copy of Shemira to jump her all the way from L to M+, but yeah I would knife someone for twenty mauler blues right now.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda in that boat. I need like one more copy of Shemira to jump her all the way from L to M+, but yeah I would knife someone for twenty mauler blues right now.

When you first start, if you get an epic version of a rare you're super mad. Then you get to the point where you're like "THIS IS THE GREATEST THING!". I still need some fodder to get Tasi from M to M+. Hopefully I get my two other copies of her so I can have my full ascended team.

I'm at that stage where pulling a hero who isn't in your regular roster is the worst. Cool, I got the new Wilder hero - maybe if I got three more you might make it onto my faction tower team.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 3, 2019

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Boost Saveas, he'll carry you until you have a decent Shemira. Ira is another one who is great after level 41 because all of her attacks cause bleed, so once she supers it's a question of if you can just survive until the enemy team bleeds out.

Yeah this has 100% been my strategy so far based on thread advice. Saveas pretty much kills everyone each time, and hard fights basically always end with him killing the last 2-3 people alone.

Gearman posted:

Shemira, Shemira, and Shemira. Once you're anywhere near 150, get your Shemira above 161 and everyone else 150ish. You'll catapult through entire chapters.

OK, I'll start trying to get together stuff to ascend my Shemira.

Right now I am running w/ Hogan/Saveas/Lucius/Tasi/Belinda.

It sounds like for the post-160 I should replace Saveas with Samira.
Would replacing Hogan with Brutus work ok? I'm relatively close to getting a higher tier Brutus.

It seems like Tasi and Lucius are still good post 160 so they can stay, and Belinda is OK though not incredible.

Thanks for all the advice here, it helps a ton.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
It’s best to focus on whatever ascended tier heroes you get the most copies of. This game really wanted me to use Thane so I got a ton of copies. I’ve got 4 Elite+ copies of Raine, but ehhhh, don’t want to waste the fodder.

If you get a lot of copies of Belinda she can wreck poo poo when paired with even a low ascension Raine, or especially Rosaline.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Granted, it's been a while since I played AFK Arena so things might have changed, but there was a "demon hunter" dude with a crossbow and a casket on his back that I found invaluable for higher end stuff. I can't think of his name, but one of his abilities effectively took an enemy out of the fight for a little bit, which was HUGE in some of the harder fights because it let you focus down other opponents faster without taking as much damage yourself.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

New Leaf posted:

Granted, it's been a while since I played AFK Arena so things might have changed, but there was a "demon hunter" dude with a crossbow and a casket on his back that I found invaluable for higher end stuff. I can't think of his name, but one of his abilities effectively took an enemy out of the fight for a little bit, which was HUGE in some of the harder fights because it let you focus down other opponents faster without taking as much damage yourself.

Yeah, Fawkes is really good. Also good for telling Brutus politely to please gently caress off and die with his dispel ultimate.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah Fawkes can be seriously effective, especially in PvP, I tend to lose to teams that include him, since Shemira is coffined and the rest of the team gets killed before she pops out, upon which she eats poo poo. Tasi has a similar ability but it doesn’t last as long.

Fawkes can remove Brutus’ immunity or Lucius’s shields as well if you wait to fire his Ult when they’re active.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm currently getting annihilated on floor 3 of the abyss by a bullshit team of Estrilda, Lucius, Fawkes (the coffin bounty hunter guy), Rowan & Belinda. They absolutely will not loving die and I even have Sun & Moonstones as well as 3 shards of force and frozen star.

Also this bullshit:

E: posting from the android app so I have no idea how large the screenshots come out

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 3, 2019

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Please shrink that!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Call of Duty mobile is actually really quite fun and good. However, unless you plan to play by emulating and using mouse and keyboard like everyone else, I wouldn't bother, as you will be crushed round after round.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

If you're playing in ranked matches, people will be considerably higher level and more than likely more skilled. Regular Multiplayer matches aren't that bad.

The controls are well done, and I can at least go positive in 90% of matches. If you've played the CoD games since modern warfare, you'll be familiar with the maps and flow of the game, which can be a huge obstacle in fps games.

I joined a goonsquad808 clan because they made their symbol a grenade, assuming it was SA goons.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm currently getting annihilated on floor 3 of the abyss by a bullshit team of Estrilda, Lucius, Fawkes (the coffin bounty hunter guy), Rowan & Belinda. They absolutely will not loving die and I even have Sun & Moonstones as well as 3 shards of force and frozen star.

Also this bullshit:

E: posting from the android app so I have no idea how large the screenshots come out

At least you got to the third screen. I'll be lucky if I finish the second.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Is there an Ulala discord yet?

I really like this type of game from playing Idle Poring, and this being team-focused is a really nice twist. The one downside is with stuff relying on teams so much, you're hosed if you get unlucky and keep getting people who stop logging in immediately.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

cum calamity posted:

Is there an Ulala discord yet?

I really like this type of game from playing Idle Poring, and this being team-focused is a really nice twist. The one downside is with stuff relying on teams so much, you're hosed if you get unlucky and keep getting people who stop logging in immediately.

Go RV! posted:

I'll start a discord, I guess.

https://discord.gg/P3bkrsy

join us!

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

Hi search failed me and I want to play bloons with goons. Is there any thread?

e: I made one

tradjik fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 4, 2019

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Morpheus posted:

At least you got to the third screen. I'll be lucky if I finish the second.

"Well in my day, we...". I only just opened up the second screen, my ultimate reward on the first screen was on the second last tile. I figured you were supposed to get it on the last tile so it didnt really bother me until I got it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The new voyage is alright, except if you want the final rewards. They're guarded by four Skregs and that fox lady girl who all self destruct for tons of damage when you kill them. Also there are like zero relics.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Dragongem posted:

The new voyage is alright, except if you want the final rewards. They're guarded by four Skregs and that fox lady girl who all self destruct for tons of damage when you kill them. Also there are like zero relics.

Yea I breezed through the whole thing till that fight and then had my rear end handed to me. I was quitting before I died to retry it till I didn't hit quit in time so now I gotta redo the whole thing. I'll just check the few relic chests and reset before I go through for good ones now that the fog of war is lifted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Resdfru posted:

Yea I breezed through the whole thing till that fight and then had my rear end handed to me. I was quitting before I died to retry it till I didn't hit quit in time so now I gotta redo the whole thing. I'll just check the few relic chests and reset before I go through for good ones now that the fog of war is lifted.

I'm probably just going to not finish seeing as those last few chests are poo poo anyway. I got my Rowan and bailed.