Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pants Donkey posted:

Didn’t Trump mention some Qanon-type poo poo on the call with Ukraine?

it's at that level of insanity because even if you were well versed in the fox news cinematic universe it was still out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Xombie posted:

Openly inviting a Communist country to interfere in our elections, like a true Conservative American.

Come on now, let's not continue to allow China to misrepresent communism.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's amazing how thoroughly they're owning themselves trying to throw shade on a guy that isn't even the Dem nominee yet. Looking forward to Trump's brainworms forcing him to continue to poo poo-talk Biden months after he loses the primary.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A Trump resignation speech would probably beat Palin’s for “least coherent rambling”.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How long until he tries to strong arm the Cherokee Nation to look into Liz Warren? During a live interview?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Didn’t Trump mention some Qanon-type poo poo on the call with Ukraine?

Yes he's bought into an insane conspiracy theory that Russia didn't hack the DNC in 2016, it actually originated in Ukraine and somehow there are buttery emails on servers in Ukraine

He refuses to accept that Russia interfered on his behalf in 2016 and he's calling up world leaders asking them to help advance conspiracy theories that blame Ukraine, the Deep State, Clintons, Bidens, etc

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Pants Donkey posted:

A Trump resignation speech would probably beat Palin’s for “least coherent rambling”.

Nope, just one sentence.

"I poo poo myself on purpose."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

It's amazing how thoroughly they're owning themselves trying to throw shade on a guy that isn't even the Dem nominee yet. Looking forward to Trump's brainworms forcing him to continue to poo poo-talk Biden months after he loses the primary.

it is pretty funny that he's doing all this poo poo to take down the worst choice in the democratic field.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Retro42 posted:

Uhhhh...

Reporter: Why did you fire the Ambassador?

Trump: I heard very bad things about her.

IG Yesterday: Here's a bunch of bad things about her sent from the WH to State.

can you clarify this for me? Im having trouble finding this story.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

The career WH OLC people HAVE to be barely functioning alcoholics at this point.

Sir_TaxALot
Jul 31, 2008
By this point, this is starting to look like some kind of artistic performance.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Video!

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1179772280676786176?s=21

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/1179774118390108160

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

tecnocrat posted:

Nope, just one sentence.

"I poo poo myself on purpose."

Also needs someone putting turkeys into a slaughter machine like that speech. Don’t know why that was in the background, but it was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if the Obama connection in particular is what gets Trump so riled up about Biden.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

gently caress yeah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodTuhaLYpU&t=61s

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
:aaaaa:
Well, that's one way to make hearings seem dumb and unnecessary.

Not usually the way the accused wants to go about, but hey, bold strategy Cotton.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

seriously i would not have thought it was possible to gently caress this attack up. the guy himself managed to not gently caress the same attack up against hillary, i guess he's just going downhill too fast now

He probably could have made hay out of it for the entire election pretty effectively if Biden got the nom, his only mistake was using the power of the presidency to try and make it real.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

the State IG went to Congress yesterday with a folio of rightwing conspiracy theory garbage opposition "research" stuff that Pompeo apparently used against some of his own State employees

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if the Obama connection in particular is what gets Trump so riled up about Biden.
Ever since Obama killed his fledging campaign in 2012 by showing the long-form birth certificate, Trump has had an enormous chip on his shoulder. Because deep down he knows Obama would have humiliated him in an election, and that is likely true even today.

It’s a mix of his craving for approval and racism. Fred Trump casts a long shadow.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

The ICIG went to the House yesterday with a weird packet of propaganda that probably came from the WH to State. Apparently it contained a pile of stuff intended to make the former Ambassador look bad.

It's a whole mess that a few reporters are unraveling still. Trump just kind of offhandedly confirmed he fired her because he heard bad things about her, and he likely had Guiliani/etc put together parts of that packet for this purpose.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

OAquinas posted:

:aaaaa:
Well, that's one way to make hearings seem dumb and unnecessary.

Not usually the way the accused wants to go about, but hey, bold strategy Cotton.

They can’t hold inquiries if I’ve already answered all the questions! :science:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I say that not to question the veracity of the story, but to underline tech companies are literally doing the same things as comic book villains

Good to know. Reading intention on the internet is hard, for me at least.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

More detail for those who didn't click through: Google is collecting faces to use to train their neural networks. Facial recognition software has historically had trouble with people of color. Google wants to avoid that ahead of the release of the Pixel 4, which lacks a fingerprint reader, instead pushing the user to use face unlock. The volunteers collecting faces are then targeting homeless people because they think it'll minimize the chances of getting told to gently caress off. There is no indication this involves actually matching faces to identities, tracking people's movement, or anything else besides an anonymous headshot.

Facial recognition should still be regulated.

Disabling a feature for the sake of your own efforts to monopolize a technology that could be used against other humans infuriates me. Google was a mistake.

syntaxrigger fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 3, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ManBoyChef posted:

here's more on the subject https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-ukraine-dirt-file-has-private-email-between-john-solomon-and-rudy-allies?ref=home

basically the file shows the link between Rudy/trump's other private lawyers and Pompeo, with them sending Pompeo dirt to try to justify the dismissal of our ambassador to Ukraine

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1179776186433626112

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

why the hell is he even doing business while he is working in the white house? Im getting very sick of this country

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

It's important to remember that he clearly does not understand what he's doing wrong. It's not even occurring to him that he's abusing his power or that there's anything inappropriate at all about telling foreign powers to investigate his political opponent. He doesn't get it. That's why he released the transcript. That's why he does poo poo like this.

He is wildly loving stupid. He doesn't understand how anything around him actually works.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

ManBoyChef posted:

why the hell is he even doing business while he is working in the white house? Im getting very sick of this country

No but the Biden’s!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paradoxish posted:

It's important to remember that he clearly does not understand what he's doing wrong. It's not even occurring to him that he's abusing his power or that there's anything inappropriate at all about telling foreign powers to investigate his political opponent. He doesn't get it. That's why he released the transcript. That's why he does poo poo like this.

He is wildly loving stupid. He doesn't understand how anything around him actually works.

yeah nixon at least knew the poo poo he was doing was super illegal (even if he claimed in interviews it wasn't). of course like trump his hubris hosed him over too since he needed those tapes to write his memoirs.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

ManBoyChef posted:

Jared, albeit, is taking his bribes and running out the door

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Paradoxish posted:

He still thinks that it's the threatening to pull funding that's illegal. Not the "asking them at all in the first place" that's illegal.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I can't believe Adam Schiff made Trump go on TV and do more crimes

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Paradoxish posted:

And because he is a wealthy white man people have been enabling him his whole life and the Republican party continues to enable him now because the are all exactly the same. No one will ever convince him otherwise.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

at this point i almost can't believe it's only one week since this complaint was first released

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Why is it that PoC are always the ones expected to bridge the gap, forgive, and be the bigger person? Isn't this just extended racism? White people aren't expected to reach out and say 'whoops sorry for the racism' and the ones that do are called out for being SJW's or something.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah nixon at least knew the poo poo he was doing was super illegal (even if he claimed in interviews it wasn't). of course like trump his hubris hosed him over too since he needed those tapes to write his memoirs.

Counterpoint is that BECAUSE Trump is so drat stupid, he's going to bring down alot of people with him with the fact that he had a bunch of (slightly) smarter trying to cover up for him to save their own assess too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Paradoxish posted:

this. he still thinks its like when he was slumlord/businessman when he could do whatever and no one would stop him because they either didnt care or thought it was too much effort.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I don't understand. I don't understand how they could look their son's/brother's murderer in the eye, especially given the circumstances under which she killed him, and forgive her.

I guess their reasons are their own and I'm not qualified to make the judgment for them, but I know I would NEVER have forgiven that woman for what she did.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

ewiley posted:

Why is it that PoC are always the ones expected to bridge the gap, forgive, and be the bigger person? Isn't this just extended racism? White people aren't expected to reach out and say 'whoops sorry for the racism' and the ones that do are called out for being SJW's or something.

It is absolutely 100% an artifact of racism, and a weird racial inversion of the Narcissist's Prayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Really all that's needed is proof/further corroboration that funding for Ukraine was dependent on it and it should be the balls in your face slam dunk that ends it.