Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess we don't have to worry about losing our jobs to robots if tech has already turned us into robots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Need to rent that lot next door and open a guillotine museum.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Can't wait to get these at work and take massive shites on the toilet wearing one, log *this*.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Haha this is genius and I'm surprised I haven't seen this at any point before in the last three years

It was in a leave.eu tweet

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

tritsch posted:

Can't wait to get these at work and take massive shites on the toilet wearing one, log *this*.

If they're recording audio and heart rates, someone's in for a terrible fright about 15 minutes after my morning coffee.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah but it doesn't record the audio, just the sound levels, and all those times that it exploded when someone happened to say trade union are coincidental faults with the lithium battery.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

tritsch posted:

Registering logmylogs.com as we speak.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Red Oktober posted:

Logging on to logmylogs to download my log logs and check the logmylogs blog

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Haha this is genius and I'm surprised I haven't seen this at any point before in the last three years

your UKIP mum needs to start upping her game

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Most big tech companies are going in the opposite "relaxed" direction - with the thought that the carrot is a better motivator than the stick for their employees. But tbh, this kind of tech is probably used by horrible third party contractors for the aforementioned tech companies, and these people are already kinda slaving their workforce to begin with (or I can see this being in use by lovely people like Musk).

E: It's interesting how the cyberpunk future has arrived, but the people in charge of the megacorps have been raised with the same stories we've heard, so they have a very woke face (and employ people that are probably, honestly woke) but they keep doing their shady poo poo on the side. So basically nothing changed.
:capitalism:

Also holy poo poo, I'm 99% sure recording your employees directly using surveillance cameras (or their laptops' webcams in this case) in a normal office environment is super turbo illegal in EU.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 3, 2019

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Ah yes, one of these. I used one in university and it was the most miserable house I ever lived in. Although in our case the toilet was on the ground floor just behind the kitchen. Which meant that sometimes I would be making lunch and have to hold my breath because a housemate decided that LUNCHTIME was the perfect time to clog the shitter with foul smelling turds.

You don't need two toilets, you need one toilet which doesn't ventilate into the kitchen

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Julio Cruz posted:

your UKIP mum needs to start upping her game

She was going on about the "new world order" last weekend

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

From that thread:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1177357178975457285

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Luddites were right

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

You don't need two toilets, you need one toilet which doesn't ventilate into the kitchen

No the two toilets is so that there's one for peeing in if someone else is dropping chemical weapons in the other

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Red Oktober posted:

logmylogs.blog

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why is there no .poo TLD?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

Why is there no .poo TLD?

It's $185k to register a new TLD and then $6250/year to maintain it.

You should get on it.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

My fiancé's sister has just bought a postage stamp new build for way too much money. The downstairs bog is accessible through the tiny kitchen/living room/diner, and I calculate that it'll discharge accumulated guff fumes directly into the airflow of anyone sat on the sofa

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

It's $185k to register a new TLD and then $6250/year to maintain it.

You should get on it.
I'd only have to sell just north of 1,500 domains at $15.99 a year and I'd have paid off the initial capital within 10 years and covered the maintenance cost, and after that I'd be making $17,000 a year of pure profit!

Assuming no running costs or advertising costs or registrar costs and that I actually have $185k in the first place lol

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Gotta nerve staple those drones.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH9kha55VTc

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Brave hero of Nottingham shire? :catbert:

Last I checked Anstey wasn't in Notts. loving forest fans stealing all our Leicestershire stuff.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Guavanaut posted:

Brave hero of Nottingham shire? :catbert:

Last I checked Anstey wasn't in Notts. loving forest fans stealing all our Leicestershire stuff.

This post I do little admire.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

man they'll call anything AI

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

baka kaba posted:

man they'll call anything AI

*newscaster voice from 1950*

New AI brain from Casio adds numbers instantaneously! Watch out reds!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mrpwase posted:

This post I do little admire.
Y'all already have Robin Hood.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

Also holy poo poo, I'm 99% sure recording your employees directly using surveillance cameras (or their laptops' webcams in this case) in a normal office environment is super turbo illegal in EU.

One of the team leaders at my work was trying to make the webcam thing happen last year and luckily he was shut down pretty quick

it was bizarre too that he would even suggest it because he spent 70% of his time having people show him how to use Excel and 30% googling music trivia on bands from the 60s and reading it out loud

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Seems like the NEC is still deeply suspicious that something's going on in Enfield North.
Earlier in the year, they stopped CLP meetings and then delayed the start of the selection procedure to investigate nefarious goings-on, and now that the wards have declared their candidates and the Hustings need to be arranged, they're halting things again to investigate.

Given that the Tories have announced their candidate, it seems like bad timing to say the least.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What happened in Enfield North?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Anyone else had this drop through their letterbox?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I love love LOVE that they actually put the #LibDemFightBack on the cover.

It's back, in pog form.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If I do I'm putting it with my copies of The Brexiteer, the Official Newspaper of the Brexit Party.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

What happened in Enfield North?

If they've laid out the issues anywhere, I haven't seen it, but there have been a couple of newspaper articles suggesting that allegations have been made about how Turkish members have been voting (in a bloc, I suppose).
I seem to recall some of the complaints related to how Enfield Council ended up with a Turkish Leader (not Mayor).

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

That Italian Guy posted:

Most big tech companies are going in the opposite "relaxed" direction - with the thought that the carrot is a better motivator than the stick for their employees. But tbh, this kind of tech is probably used by horrible third party contractors for the aforementioned tech companies, and these people are already kinda slaving their workforce to begin with (or I can see this being in use by lovely people like Musk).

E: It's interesting how the cyberpunk future has arrived, but the people in charge of the megacorps have been raised with the same stories we've heard, so they have a very woke face (and employ people that are probably, honestly woke) but they keep doing their shady poo poo on the side. So basically nothing changed.

When my company bought another company, one of the first things the CEO did was demand all the security cameras pointing at the employees were taken down, which was nice. I think they come as close as possible to fulfilling the whole "think of this company as one big family" thing (which is not very close because it's bollocks, but it could be much worse).

But I think by far the most beneficial cultural aspect is just letting people get on with their jobs and trusting people as adults. I feel like not doing that is responsible for a huge proportion of job-hating.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kingturnip posted:

If they've laid out the issues anywhere, I haven't seen it, but there have been a couple of newspaper articles suggesting that allegations have been made about how Turkish members have been voting (in a bloc, I suppose).
I seem to recall some of the complaints related to how Enfield Council ended up with a Turkish Leader (not Mayor).

So the issue is melts getting upset about due democratic process being upheld?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

*newscaster voice from 1950*

New AI brain from Casio adds numbers instantaneously! Watch out reds!

goddamn I just realised the future of news involves the BBC beaming TORIES GOOD right into your visual cortex

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Enfield North was Joan Ryan's pad before she CUKed out, so it's no surprise they're a mess.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ThomasPaine posted:

To this day I am pissed I'm not allowed to eat swan, they look tasty as gently caress

a Scandinavian goon posted about eating it and said its not all that great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1179793473383350272?s=20