Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Turtlicious posted:

ah so no-one is going to donate to critical role tonight, and no-one's benefiting from the free advertising?

You think critical role is paying wendy's?

As for "free advertising" like who cares? Like several people ITT probably ate at Wendy's today, and nobody cares. But also I really don't think just because you watch a single joke episode of wendy's D&D you're suddenly going to eat a ton of wendy's. Even if you suddenly feel like a burger, you may just go to McDonalds instead.

Its like, playing violent videogames doesn't make you violent. Watching this doesn't make me a huge fan of wendy's suddenly. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
actually if we're starting fast food brandwars i vote we murder chick fil a

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do any of you experience Deja Reve? (Deja vu but from dreams)

I just had a case of recognizing an exact thread page from a dream I had had months ago. I feel a bit scared.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

You think critical role is paying wendy's?

As for "free advertising" like who cares? Like several people ITT probably ate at Wendy's today, and nobody cares. But also I really don't think just because you watch a single joke episode of wendy's D&D you're suddenly going to eat a ton of wendy's. Even if you suddenly feel like a burger, you may just go to McDonalds instead.

Its like, playing violent videogames doesn't make you violent. Watching this doesn't make me a huge fan of wendy's suddenly. Lol.

I don't like watching commercials, nor do I find Critical Role enjoyable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The only RPG podcast I've ever enjoyed was the old D&D segments on Harmontown. Only one of the players had ever played an RPG before, they'd all get drunk before it started, and once Harmon's girlfriend started playing half the time the game would get consumed by some pre-existing argument they were having.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Turtlicious posted:

nor do I find Critical Role enjoyable.

Okay cool skip all the shade next time and just say that

or even better don't say it and instead just talk about something you do like :)

Gripweed posted:

The only RPG podcast I've ever enjoyed was the old D&D segments on Harmontown. Only one of the players had ever played an RPG before, they'd all get drunk before it started, and once Harmon's girlfriend started playing half the time the game would get consumed by some pre-existing argument they were having.

Harmonquest is my favorite D&D show thing because they actually animate the show and it adds a LOT. Also the guest celebs are fun.

I've been saying for years that somebody should get Vin Diesel and the other D&D celebrities together and use CG to animate the game and put it on TV.

If Hasbro gave a poo poo about promoting D&D they'd do that and sell it like hotcakes. But they don't care.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's totally valid to say people shouldn't support cross promotional stuff like this.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I don't play Shadowrun but it would be cool if someone made a campaign to destroy corporate attempts to create sassy brands

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay cool skip all the shade next time and just say that

or even better don't say it and instead just talk about something you do like :)

Harmonquest is my favorite D&D show thing because they actually animate the show and it adds a LOT. Also the guest celebs are fun.

I've been saying for years that somebody should get Vin Diesel and the other D&D celebrities together and use CG to animate the game and put it on TV.

If Hasbro gave a poo poo about promoting D&D they'd do that and sell it like hotcakes. But they don't care.

Maybe, but now Games Workshop is making a big play for cultural relevance. In 30 years we're going to be getting insufferable nostalgic throwback TV shows and movies about being a teen in the 2020s and playing Warhammer 40,000

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/nakamura193/status/1179712350284218368

its time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think it works like this but good luck

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's a joke lol

https://twitter.com/nakamura193/status/1179873602222473217

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oh yea it's specifically because of this

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1179780701324857344

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm sorry to go back to train chat but my brain keeps insisting there was a multiplayer shooter where your team and the other team were each on trains (maybe running through the desert?) and you had to jump back and forth to the other train and kill guys, and I can't remember what it was called or if it actually existed. Does anybody know what I'm talking about or is it time to go to a brain doctor?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well they should give her the job anyway

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There was an Unreal Tournament assault level like that.

Edit: UT had AS_HiSpeed on a train and UT2004 had AS_Convoy on some big fuckoff tanker vehicles in the desert.

mutata fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 4, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

mutata posted:

There was an Unreal Tournament assault level like that.

Edit: UT had AS_HiSpeed on a train and UT2004 had AS_Convoy on some big fuckoff tanker vehicles in the desert.

Convoy was 100% what I was thinking of, thank you!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I don't play Shadowrun but it would be cool if someone made a campaign to destroy corporate attempts to create sassy brands
just wait a week and arbys will post this to their twitter

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I honestly might steal this for a Spycraft one-shot. It's genuinely a good idea for a mission lol.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Advertising is bad but who loving cares it's just a dumb D&D game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If I wanted to play a gimmick tabletop RPG it would be the cyberpunk Carly Rae Jepsen one

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Well they should give her the job anyway

Layden sucks, literally anyone would be better

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/jmdornbush/status/1179784637863694336?s=21

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finished Amnesia. I think realizing that the AI is actually pretty dumb took a lot of the monster scares out of it, but it's still a pretty atmospheric horror game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The arby's twitter is easily the best one, because it's not just "WOAH DA MASCOT SAVAGE BRO" it's actually really cool papercraft stuff.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Grouchio posted:

Do any of you experience Deja Reve? (Deja vu but from dreams)

I just had a case of recognizing an exact thread page from a dream I had had months ago. I feel a bit scared.

Like all the loving time, I didn't know it had a name

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*hits blunt* Death Stranding is just a remake of Kevin Costner's 'The Postman'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyH4KQGehtg

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

Like all the loving time, I didn't know it had a name
You'd think there'd be major headlines that these kind of dreams confirm that time isn't linear or fixed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Infinitum posted:

*hits blunt* Death Stranding is just a remake of Kevin Costner's 'The Postman'.

:prepop: you know... you're not wrong

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You shouldn't need weed for that revelation.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://youtu.be/qblMBkaTdng?t=100

Thinking 'bout those singing meats.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was going to post in/start reading the Code Vein thread but they're all way further than I am

I feel like this happens with a lot of games, where I avoid the thread as I'm playing because of spoilers (or even just it not being fun to read posts about stuff I haven't done yet, even if spoilers don't really matter) and once I finish the game it gets memory holed and I no longer have an appetite to read an entire thread about it

So instead I will post here that the first boss in the cathedral area is a loving chump and that my poor brain can't keep up with the crazy three dimensional layouts of that area or the one after it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just loving love braaaaaaaaaaaaaaands

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I was going to post in/start reading the Code Vein thread but they're all way further than I am

I feel like this happens with a lot of games, where I avoid the thread as I'm playing because of spoilers (or even just it not being fun to read posts about stuff I haven't done yet, even if spoilers don't really matter) and once I finish the game it gets memory holed and I no longer have an appetite to read an entire thread about it

So instead I will post here that the first boss in the cathedral area is a loving chump and that my poor brain can't keep up with the crazy three dimensional layouts of that area or the one after it

Yeah knockoff anor londo is awful

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/jplur_/status/1179806452334116865

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Goose is a lot more fun than Bowsette, it must be said.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Broke: Bowsette
Woke: Goose
Bespoke: Goosette

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

Yeah knockoff anor londo is awful

I actually liked it. It had a confusing layout but that's fine as long as most stages aren't that bad. If it's the new normal then that sucks though

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rarity posted:

Bespoke: Goosette

Google didn't disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

is the implication here you wanna gently caress the goose, because heck,