Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sapozhnik posted:

Well on the plus side a whole bunch of Microsoft devs can put "10X developer" on their resumes now

Hey hey, you just nailed why everyone was all excited for the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Fiedler posted:

amazing that airpods somehow manage to look even worse

this is what windows does to your brain. sad!

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Drastic Actions posted:

surface pro x actually runs more of actual "windows" than the neo, and has win32 support + x86 compatibility. so it's actually useful, unlike the neo.

wcos supports* win32

*for certain wdg-specified definitions of "supports"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

are their AirPods carpeted y/n?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
they come in a giant casket because they bury the competition

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

contact lens sanitizer looking great

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

wanna see someone w gauges wearing this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you stick the surface buds in the gauge hole with the earpiece facing away from you and then to use you fold ur earlobe+bud up into ur ear. that way if they fall out they stay in ur gauge hole

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

pos my gauge hole

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

you stick the surface buds in the gauge hole with the earpiece facing away from you and then to use you fold ur earlobe+bud up into ur ear. that way if they fall out they stay in ur gauge hole

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TOOT BOOT posted:

pos my gauge hole

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Microsoft made a really neat nintendo DS clone, I can't wait to catch some pokemon on it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

now, to be fair to shaggar, at some point windows phone had like a 10% market share in finland due to nokia's legacy. so more like (7700000000-100)/7700000000 of humanity

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

The Management posted:

someone post their new earbuds.

here we go.

congratulations to airpods for no longer being the worst looking earphones

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
10x gonna give it to ya
Knock knock open up the screen it's real
Non stop pop pop a huge bezel

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
remember when that Microsoft courier concept animation leaked and a bunch of nerds wet their pants over it. and even though the usage model was totally impractical and the scenarios were contrived and the software could never do the things it promised, somehow the courier became a legend of the glorious concept that could have been

well, this one has two screens

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

remember when that Microsoft courier concept animation leaked and a bunch of nerds wet their pants over it. and even though the usage model was totally impractical and the scenarios were contrived and the software could never do the things it promised, somehow the courier became a legend of the glorious concept that could have been

courier new

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

the number of people who thought courier was an actual shippable iphone-killer product that microsoft foolishly killed just before it was released was just amazing

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Last Chance posted:

courier new

:eyepop:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Last Chance posted:

courier new

drat

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Last Chance posted:

courier new

perfect

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

the number of people who thought courier was an actual shippable iphone-killer product that microsoft foolishly killed just before it was released was just amazing

pretty sure the whole thing was just j allard paying a production company to make that video to make it look like he was actually working instead of just having group sex with his coworkers and their partners/spouses

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

pretty sure the whole thing was just j allard paying a production company to make that video to make it look like he was actually working instead of just having group sex with his coworkers and their partners/spouses

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dude went from rising star at a huge company to product director at a outdoor equipment flash sale site basically overnight

my personal guess is a combo of weird sex stuff and

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i mean thats probably very true

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
it was also that period late in ballmers run where he would fire/force the resignation of/reorg into oblivion anyone in msft with any kind of public profile (i.e. anyone who looks like they might make a credible replacement as ceo)

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

in ballmer's defense, the people he fired definitely hosed up enough to warrant being fired. the problem was that ballmer put those clowns in positions of authority in the first place.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

akadajet posted:

remember when we all made fun of samsung for making huge phones?

yah, weirdly it stopped as soon as apple started making huge phones

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Shaggar posted:

Lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

dude went from rising star at a huge company to product director at a outdoor equipment flash sale site basically overnight

my personal guess is a combo of weird sex stuff and

dude went from balding super-nerd writing books about windows internals to earring and leather jacket guy (as dressed by Microsoft pr team) to be the face of xbox. weird sex and drugs are almost guaranteed.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
hell yeah baby

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I hope one day we'll have a better source on the Microsoft sex ring than "some nerds on a gaming podcast claim it's a semi-open secret"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I haven't heard anything about a Microsoft sex ring but I assume contextually that it's just a bunch of gross middle-aged nerd wife swappers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pinterest Mom posted:

the Microsoft sex ring

these surface products are getting out of hand

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I haven't heard anything about a Microsoft sex ring but I assume contextually that it's just a bunch of gross middle-aged nerd wife swappers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwmkzaYwU4g&t=4514s

1:15:14

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

The Management posted:

dude went from balding super-nerd writing books about windows internals to earring and leather jacket guy (as dressed by Microsoft pr team) to be the face of xbox. weird sex and drugs are almost guaranteed.

i think the only victim of that ludicrous executive makeover phase who is still in microsoft is poor ol' joe belfiore.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

satya went through his own j allardisation

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

the difference is that satya received good advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I saw this url in an article

https://www.microsoftaccountguard.com/

it seemed very microsofty to have a service meant to help protect accounts using such a suspicious phishy looking domain