Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

thotsky posted:

It's not just a way to subsidize millionaires. It does cut public spending, at least in the short term, because running it like a business (and maximizing profit) means a priority is to keep costs low. Sure, this will affect the quality of the service, but rich people should of course be free to pay more for better service for their own kids, just look at how lovely it is, and gently caress the proles.

yeah exactly

it's genuinely a good point, and the fukken conservatives have somehow managed to wrest the technocratic image from AP despite solving every problem by throwing money at it while somehow also defunding vitally important state services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

thotsky posted:

It's not just a way to subsidize millionaires.

At this point it literally is: https://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/awJBj4/Ny-rapport-Private-barnehager-fikk-over-1-mrd-for-mye-til-pensjoner
https://e24.no/naeringsliv/i/wP9AWG/barnehager-tre-ganger-saa-loennsomt-som-boersen

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Jeg tror nok i at i et lite lenger perspektiv så vil ikke argumentet om at privat drift og konkurranseutsettelse, om det blir riktig ord, fungere særlig godt. Når utgiftene først er skvisa så må prisen opp for å fortsette å øke lønnsomheten; og kapitalismen har vist seg svært dårlige på å selvregulere, uansett hvor fritt markedet skal være. For det første er det lett å kreve høyere og høyere summer for vital infrastruktur eller tjenester, for det andre vil det sikkert forme seg monopoler/industrigiganter om det ikke har gjort det allerede.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the thing is, kindergartens are a regulated market where you cannot really go bust. the threat of bankruptcy is the whole point of capitalist competition, and it's pretty much absent when it comes to vital public services (cf: luftambulansen, jesus loving wept what a fiasco)

however, the argument of reduced costs is still not wrong, at least not in the short term. it's actually demonstrably true! if it weren't true, public companies would win the contracts.

don't look at the weird service purchase structures or the union busting

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
So what's up with Amineh Kakabaveh getting kicked out of V?

E: Reading DN it sounds like she is not good but in fact bad. This is not the picture I had of her. Is it just the convenient cover story?

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 28, 2019

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
"Enligt Etzler har Amineh bland annat ”spridit falska nyheter” och hon har avstått från att betala Vänsterpartiets särskilda partiskatt. "

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?
She brings up important issues that otherwise are a bit of a blindspot for V. But she also seems kind of erratic and unreliable. I'm not against politicians having a voice of their own and not blindly following party lines and last election I made the call that she does more good than harm and I put my x for her. The fact that she doesn't pay partiskatt is a bit of a disappointment though because I am a fan of the concept overall.

Regardless this seems badly handled by V.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Amineh owns and is the definition of a problematic fave

Aron Etzler can eat my rear end tho

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So how long time until a new left party forms given that V basically are OK with the current coalition on the basis "at least it is not SD".
Why vote for V today, when recent history have shown that they will automatically fold for S?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cakebaker posted:

She brings up important issues that otherwise are a bit of a blindspot for V. But she also seems kind of erratic and unreliable. I'm not against politicians having a voice of their own and not blindly following party lines and last election I made the call that she does more good than harm and I put my x for her. The fact that she doesn't pay partiskatt is a bit of a disappointment though because I am a fan of the concept overall.

Regardless this seems badly handled by V.

This is similar to my take. She has a massive distrust of religion of all kinds because she's seen first hand the problems it's caused in the immigration community, primarily towards women and queer folk. V in general hate talking about that because it feeds into the problematic narrative that SD is peddling, but at the same time women and queers reported feeling more unsafe and less in control of their sexlives and choice of partner, and women in particular facing pressure to conform in regards to clothing and inappropriate behaviour, and Amineh has been very vocal about these issues, honor culture and religions role in it. Unfortunately her own bias against religion has made her jump the gun a few times, but I rather prefer having vocal critics of religion than the opposite, and with her background it's easier to assume it comes from a place of genuine concern instead of xenophobia

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Cynic Jester posted:

"Enligt Etzler har Amineh bland annat ”spridit falska nyheter” och hon har avstått från att betala Vänsterpartiets särskilda partiskatt. "

She also haven't shown up to her partys parlimentary group's meetings, since she says she cant handle several of her colleagues call her racist and/or islamophobe. Which is a more reasonable reason for kicking her out because she doesn't coordinate with her affiliated party.

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?

Amineh Kakabaveh posted:

Ytterligare kommentar ang partisekreterarens anklagelse om partiskatt:
Vänsterpartiet är emot att politiker tjänar för mycket i förhållande till andra grupper. Under mina år i riksdagen, fram till innevarande mandatperiod, har jag betalat full partiskatt. Och varit den mest betalande ledamoten enligt partiets dåvarande revision Bosse L. Sedan valet har jag varit sjukskriven från riksdagsgruppens möten. Jag har meddelat Jonas Sjöstedt att jag vill fortsätta betala partiskatt, men att det är orimligt att göra detta så länge som riksdagsgruppen och ledningen öppet mobbar mig och feyser ut mig och hävdar att de saknar förtroende för mig. Så fort riksdagsgruppen börjar behandla mig på samma sätt som övriga ledamöter så betalar jag partiskatt, har jag meddelat. För att betala partiskatt har jag först krävt ett möte med Jonas Sjöstedt. Detta har han vägrat. Mina väljare ska veta att detta inte har att göra med att snålhet. Istället har jag överenskommit med Riksdagsförvaltningen att varje månad betala en extra skatt. Detta gör att jag inte får ut mer i disponibel lön än vad övriga Vänsterpartister gör i partigruppen. Detta kan bekräftas av Riksdagsförvaltningen. Det är typiskt för partiledningen och partisekreteraren Aron Etzler att inte kontrollera de uppgifter som de går ut med i media. Man påstår i media att jag sprider ”fake news”. I själva verket är det precis tvärtom.  

That sheds some light on that.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

Unfortunately her own bias against religion has made her jump the gun a few times, but I rather prefer having vocal critics of religion than the opposite, and with her background it's easier to assume it comes from a place of genuine concern instead of xenophobia

The problem is that the outcome is still the same. I'm sure Hanif Bali expresses his highly xenophobic views about religious expression out of a genuine concern formed from his background too. But while that explains it, that doesn't make it even remotely ok.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This poo poo is not remotely ok regardless of a persons background or intent:

https://expo.se/2016/12/dags-att-ber%C3%A4tta-hela-historien-om-kakabavehs-delning-av-rasistpropaganda

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

MiddleOne posted:

This poo poo is not remotely ok regardless of a persons background or intent:

https://expo.se/2016/12/dags-att-ber%C3%A4tta-hela-historien-om-kakabavehs-delning-av-rasistpropaganda

quote:

I sitt Facebookinlägg skriver Kakabaveh:

”Grattis Sverige till en etablerad Islamisk stat och utropad Kalifat snart i fler förorter”.

quote:

När Kakabaveh blev uppmärksammad på att det i själva verket var en högerextrem grupp som låg bakom videon så tog hon bort sitt inlägg.

I get the impression that this wasn't just an innocent slip of the finger type like.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/rAbqkw/forslaget-at-manniskokott-for-klimatets-skull

So eat the rich?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Let's start by just eating Handels and then take it from there.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
wonder if these fucks saying we should eat insects are gonna do it themselves, or if its just for people that get their groceries from lidl

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If you've had yogurt without artificial coloring then you're already living on the insect diet.

There's also rat-poop in literally all your food.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

If you've had yogurt without artificial coloring then you're already living on the insect diet.

There's also rat-poop in literally all your food.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/viktorbk/status/1179083758189912064?s=21

Privativisera döden för att effektivisera kronans värde.

https://twitter.com/viktorbk/status/1179411063575629824?s=21

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Avreglera Riksantikvariatämbetet för att få fart på kronans värde! Låter rimligt!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

the thing is, kindergartens are a regulated market where you cannot really go bust. the threat of bankruptcy is the whole point of capitalist competition, and it's pretty much absent when it comes to vital public services (cf: luftambulansen, jesus loving wept what a fiasco)

however, the argument of reduced costs is still not wrong, at least not in the short term. it's actually demonstrably true! if it weren't true, public companies would win the contracts.

don't look at the weird service purchase structures or the union busting

It is in fact often not demonstrably true. At least it wasn't in the UK where they had to massively massage the numbers to make PFI contracts seem to be cheaper over the lifetime of the contract compared to public provisioning.

What is does do is shift government debt off the books (goosing things like the debt to GDP ratio which is sacrosanct to centrists) and replaces low government debt payments with high fees to private providers. Sometimes the high fees are obscured by having low fees in the initial lowest bidder contract but then huge costs are incurred when they inevitably need to be expensively bailed out or the project quietly postponed or binned when it turns out the private sector can't deliver.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

A public school can be inefficient but a private one can be inefficient with malicious profit incentive on top to make it even worse.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/CBrask/status/1179820402937417728

Making the national political debate revolve entirely around being tough on crime/immigrants is having the most unfathomable of results.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

https://twitter.com/CBrask/status/1179820402937417728

Making the national political debate revolve entirely around being tough on crime/immigrants is having the most unfathomable of results.

Well, except for the fact that SD are making inroads in a whole lot of other political areas, as seen in recent polls.
Also, the election result from last years election showed that SD have a more diverse recruiting base across income levels than S&M.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Turns out that when journalists and mainsteam media legitimize outrageous and ridiculous claims about immigrants, by taking them seriously instead of laughing them out of the room, and playing a long with the irrational fears of the voting public to get more clicks and sell more 'news', people will start to think the imaginary crises and problems are actually real and vote in that direction - especially if it supports their unconscious (and conscious) biases and bigotry. Who would have thunk?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Turns out that when journalists and mainsteam media legitimize outrageous and ridiculous claims about immigrants, by taking them seriously instead of laughing them out of the room, and playing a long with the irrational fears of the voting public to get more clicks and sell more 'news', people will start to think the imaginary crises and problems are actually real and vote in that direction - especially if it supports their unconscious (and conscious) biases and bigotry. Who would have thunk?

Well, now you are making the same assumption that SD supporters used to do and overvalue the effect of mainstream media, which btw is rather more pro-immigration than people in general.
People in general don't care so much about media compared to what happens in their everyday life.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:thunk:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

loving hell that chasm for France.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Cardiac posted:

Well, now you are making the same assumption that SD supporters used to do and overvalue the effect of mainstream media, which btw is rather more pro-immigration than people in general.
People in general don't care so much about media compared to what happens in their everyday life.

Well, the hyperbole around immigration and bigoted reporting is even worse in non-mainstream media, but that's where the already super racist and radicalized SD voters get their news, so that obviously has a limited impact. My point was that the more journalists/media take idiotic, outright false, and moronic claims as legitimate, discuss it seriously, and thereby allow it to dominate politics, the more people will believe it's real. Like for example, the time when the most serious news/political programme in denmark let Pia say that the UN had become a muslim conspiracy to overtake the west, without immediately laughing at her stupidity and telling her to go gently caress herself, thereby legitimizing it. There are literally thousands and thousands of examples of this. No, no, let's wait for the idiots at 'detector' to get to the bottom of this. Next up, is the UN really a muslim conspiracy? Find out the surprising truth!

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 4, 2019

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

teen witch posted:

The American one is worse tbh.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

teen witch posted:

My guess that's driven by people who assume all people of colour in France are North African and Muslim.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Otoh according to wiki 19,1 % of swedes was born in another country, I think its rather that information that makes People uneasy, not IF immigrants are muslim or not. And ofc The Police describing segregated areas as no go zones etc.

But lol at France.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Munin posted:

My guess that's driven by people who assume all people of colour in France are North African and Muslim.

When I took French in high school the textbook told me that France's Muslims made up 20% of the total population of the country.

Zombiepop posted:

Otoh according to wiki 19,1 % of swedes was born in another country, I think its rather that information that makes People uneasy, not IF immigrants are muslim or not. And ofc The Police describing segregated areas as no go zones etc.

The majority of those foreign-born are going to be EU (or EEA) citizens, and a good chunk of those are going to be from Norway, Finland and Denmark. But you have idiots look at that statistics and then furiously posting about Sharia law in Malmö.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 5, 2019

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Randarkman posted:

The American one is worse tbh.
Yeah, the relative difference seems far more relevant than the absolute. Americans overestimate the number of Muslims by like 15-20 times, while the French only overestimate by a factor four.

Munin posted:

That, and the media focusing heavily on cities (and areas within those cities) where Muslims are concentrated. Like, Paris is 15% Muslim across the metro area, so it's probably not hard to find large areas that match that 30%+ expectation. Same for Marseilles and its 20% Muslims. Or to bring it back to Scandinavia, the assumed number for Sweden basically matches Malmö. You might even come to suspect that focusing on a heavily Muslim (in a relative sense) area convinces people that the area is representative of the country as a whole.

Media aside, majority populations probably also just overestimate minority numbers in their daily life, filtering out the assorted other majority people as background features while taking note of "the other". IIRC, someone did a study in the US where white people thought 10% racial minorities in an area was nicely balanced, while 30% was oppressively diverse - and I doubt we in Europe, despite a different racial history, are better on that front.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The people most concerned about immigrants generally live where there are fewest of them around, but I'm sure the media has no effect there.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm sure that multiple of my small-town and rural elderly relatives are asking me how I keep safe from the roaming inner-city gangs due to their own lived experiences, and not at all because of any sort of media narrative.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
I'm at a funeral right now and people ask me how I can live in Uppsala when the almost Warzone Gottsunda is destroying the city.

That is when my brother love to drop in and tell them how much he enjoy his neighborhood in Gottsunda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
stort lol på att mitt jobb upphandlat mat där prislappen stigit till ca 500 kr för två paket Löfbergs lila
någon borde hamna i gulag för detta