Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol cool the job I thought I was going to start on monday but got delayed due to references I instead thought I'd be starting on monday instead. Phoned them to confirm this to find out that I'd been dropped from the role altogether because apparently they couldn't get in touch with me despite me phoning last week and emailing them some stuff. Now I'm waiting until the 28th and missed this weeks universal credit appointment but assumed it'd be fine since I was about to start work :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jose posted:

lol cool the job I thought I was going to start on monday but got delayed due to references I instead thought I'd be starting on monday instead. Phoned them to confirm this to find out that I'd been dropped from the role altogether because apparently they couldn't get in touch with me despite me phoning last week and emailing them some stuff. Now I'm waiting until the 28th and missed this weeks universal credit appointment but assumed it'd be fine since I was about to start work :thumbsup:

loving hell, I'm sorry to hear that mate. You wonder how some businesses function. Can you rearrange the UC appointment?

bessantj fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Oct 4, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol okay Rory Stewart's resignation was him reading a letter savaging Johnson, that's cool as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlmiH_1wD7M

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
My London take is that as far as I'm aware Sadiq Khan is very much well thought of and if he runs again Stewart doesn't have a chance.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

fuuuuuuck

tritsch posted:

My London take is that as far as I'm aware Sadiq Khan is very much well thought of and if he runs again Stewart doesn't have a chance.

Graun thinks it's more so that the non-Nazi tories have someone to vote for instead of Baun Shailey.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Necrothatcher posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with a housemate not paying their bills? It's only £50 a month but they never loving pay and currently owe me a couple of hundred quid. I hate chasing it, I imagine they hate being asked, but I am getting really narked off. I know they're ignoring my emails and I think they're actively avoiding me as much as they can atm. If they said they were broke I could understand and work something out but total radio silence is infuriating.

You need to get rid of them. Either they move out or you do. I've been in this situation and so has my best friend, and it cost her thousands and the fucker will never pay her back. Get out of there.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Rory the non Tory is running for London Mayor as an independent apparently.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Rory the non Tory is running for London Mayor as an independent apparently.

https://twitter.com/owen_g/status/1180058804299407365

This is a reference to this video:

https://twitter.com/RoryStewartUK/status/1133306786696650752?s=20

where if you watch his arm and notice the frame doesn't shake.

https://twitter.com/RoryStewartUK/status/1133446621700743168

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
I'm wary of 'attacking George Soros = antisemitism'. I mean, George Soros is a billionaire who has made his money in a variety of damaging ways, including betting against the Pound, and now uses that money to influence the politics of countries around the world. We don't like it when the Koch brothers or the Murdochs do it, and just because his politics are liberal doesn't mean we should be happy when he does it.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

HopperUK posted:

You need to get rid of them. Either they move out or you do. I've been in this situation and so has my best friend, and it cost her thousands and the fucker will never pay her back. Get out of there.

I read this like you and your best friend lived together and you're the fucker who won't pay her back

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediadave posted:

I'm wary of 'attacking George Soros = antisemitism'. I mean, George Soros is a billionaire who has made his money in a variety of damaging ways, including betting against the Pound, and now uses that money to influence the politics of countries around the world. We don't like it when the Koch brothers or the Murdochs do it, and just because his politics are liberal doesn't mean we should be happy when he does it.

Criticising billionaires is fine, singling out the Jewish rich guy when he's done very little RE: Brexit is a different kettle of pish.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

tritsch posted:

Hm. Some of my London friends are "he's useless, he'll never get in again" so I think it's a case of wait and see.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

How did Boris ever win Mayor of London anyway?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bessantj posted:

loving hell, I'm sorry to hear that mate. You wonder how some businesses function. Can you rearrange the UC appointment?

yeah was able to do it through the system fortunately by just leaving a note for my work coach. thankfully he's been really relaxed about everything so think its unlikely i'll get sanctioned at least

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediadave posted:

Things George Soros is:
  • A billionaire
  • A poo poo (see above)
  • Hungarian-Jewish (unrelated to above two)

Things George Soros is not:
  • A secret reptilian
  • In league with the Illuminati/NWO/Elders of Zion/UN
  • Turning the fricken frogs gay

Certain types love to conflate the two though.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

mediadave posted:

In a vacuum it's not antisemitism but people who bring up Soros tend to be antisemites in 12/10 cases.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eschenique posted:

Privilege and HIGNFY.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

mediadave posted:

George Soros isn't uniquely bad - he's bad in a way that's very normal for billionaires and there are much worse, much more notable billionaires if you're after an individual billionaire to hate. Singling out George Soros in particular out of the class of billionaires sort of implies you have something against him in particular that might not be his billions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mediadave posted:

why do they only ever bring up soros and nobody else?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Eschenique posted:

Ken Fatigue

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Niric posted:

I read this like you and your best friend lived together and you're the fucker who won't pay her back

Hahaha no, though I suppose that's what I WOULD say.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

why do they only ever bring up soros and nobody else?
The Masons at the NWO won't allow them to bring up the Real Powers, who are seven defrocked rabbis and a gay frog that meet in Paul Joseph Watson's basement when he's on the shitter.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Necrothatcher posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with a housemate not paying their bills? It's only £50 a month but they never loving pay and currently owe me a couple of hundred quid. I hate chasing it, I imagine they hate being asked, but I am getting really narked off. I know they're ignoring my emails and I think they're actively avoiding me as much as they can atm. If they said they were broke I could understand and work something out but total radio silence is infuriating.

Perhaps I'm missing something but surely you'll be in the house at the same time at some point? I know we're all goons but you really got confront them in person at this point

And then probably get rid of them

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Eschenique posted:

The british will do anything for a joke

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

mediadave posted:

Michael Rosen was calling out Mogg for going "Remain is being orchestrated by the fiendish (((Soros)))" and this JC guy decided to double down on it

hey guess who has a hedge fund that moved from the UK to Ireland and probably expects to make mad cash off of no deal when the UK economy craters?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jose posted:

yeah was able to do it through the system fortunately by just leaving a note for my work coach. thankfully he's been really relaxed about everything so think its unlikely i'll get sanctioned at least

Cool. I missed a meeting and my coach was fine about it as I'm usually 100%. Hope the next job offer you get isn't from a bunch of pricks.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
All my mates that work for London local authorities hate Sadiq because they say he runs London like a game of SimCity and has no financial awareness. But the other choice to was to vote for a racist, so...

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Eschenique posted:

BOZZA LEGERND

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Nettle Soup posted:

The british will do anything for a joke

I like how he put so much effort into those water cannons and May was like "lol nope!" and legislated them into uselessness. Wonder if he ever wanted vengeance for that.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

All my mates that work for London local authorities hate Sadiq because they say he runs London like a game of SimCity and has no financial awareness. But the other choice to was to vote for a racist, so...

I went to one of those NFL games at Wembley last year and he came out before the game started to talk about something and got booed the whole time

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Yeah Khan has been a very New Labour mayor so is poo poo but Rory the Not Tory and a Tory running probably mean the right wing will desert Khan but split.

Hopefully the obvious draw of the whole left wing vote would draw Khan to them and be less poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bessantj posted:

Cool. I missed a meeting and my coach was fine about it as I'm usually 100%. Hope the next job offer you get isn't from a bunch of pricks.

i've still got that job I just start weeks later. would have been nice to earn some money and pay off my credit card debt

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol I remember the "he's a right laugh, London will be fun if he gets in" lot.

*2 days later* "can't even have a drink on the tube anymore loving joyless do gooders"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Private Speech posted:

It's not even just probation, it applies to any job for the first two years (contractors notwithstanding), at least in so far as that you can't take them to task over it.

So the agency work bit doesn't really matter.

What, since when?!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

Perhaps I'm missing something but surely you'll be in the house at the same time at some point? I know we're all goons but you really got confront them in person at this point

And then probably get rid of them

I'm hardly ever at home (just to sleep between 12 and 7 usually) and she works long hours. I see her maybe once a week in passing.

If she doesn't reply to my last message asking what the gently caress is going on I'll just say that if she's not settled up by the end of the month she's out.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

How do you run it like SimCity without having financial awareness?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Spend all the money on drawing big willies made of highway ramps.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jose posted:

i've still got that job I just start weeks later. would have been nice to earn some money and pay off my credit card debt

Ah, good.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Eschenique posted:

After years of the press smearing Ken Livingston (they should have waited a few years, he’d have done it himself), as a Tory Boris was the obvious alternative just at the point that the Conservative’s popularity was surging before the 2010 election. Also, he had a lot of name recognition and was considered likeable because of the HIGNFY stuff. The London mayoralty is also considered to be a pretty low-stakes position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm hardly ever at home (just to sleep between 12 and 7 usually) and she works long hours. I see her maybe once a week in passing.

If she doesn't reply to my last message asking what the gently caress is going on I'll just say that if she's not settled up by the end of the month she's out.

Mm, fair enough. I guess you could do a Martin Luther on her door, but I guess that's just an analogue email and will be treated as such