Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

less laughter posted:

https://twitter.com/ikiro_pkmn/status/1179683928195522561

Is that a Mega Rayquaza in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
I don't know why I always expect Gyarados to be twice the size it actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Zuzie posted:

5 seconds after the game launches? That's kind of late. More likely the game is going to break street date a week before that.
True, I was being even more naively optimistic than usual. This is probably why we're not going to get a SwordShield Demo though.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The most effort they put was in...the games that recycled a lot from the previous ones, added some new maps that only destroyed the game's pacing, removed any semblance of a story after the games with the best story in the whole franchise, and added no new Pokemon?

Wow, this loving thread is just one hot take after another. Even my post is one!
Is this just to highlight potential gripes or is this genuine negativity towards Undeniable Best Pokemon Games Black and White 2?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Quantum Toast posted:

I don't know why I always expect Gyarados to be twice the size it actually is.

maybe because dos means two

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
The one terrible thing I would say about BW2 are the amount of features locked forever in extralink that you can't access anymore. Hidden abilities in the dreamworld being one of the biggest.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Ka0 posted:

The one terrible thing I would say about BW2 are the amount of features locked forever in extralink that you can't access anymore. Hidden abilities in the dreamworld being one of the biggest.

Not that it even matters much because there's only 4 or 5 families that don't have any other method of being obtained with their hidden abilities (Just Hippopotas, Burmy, Karrablast and Shelmet I think).

Hidden Grottos were pretty badly implemented though.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

less laughter posted:

maybe because dos means two

:actually: it means Denial of Service, to symbolize the damage they can do to comunication infrastructures by causing hurricanes and such.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

I only just noticed the shooting star on G-Linoone :monocle:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hellstream is live:
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1180106262383677442?s=19

(no joke, it would be a nice backdrop for meditation)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/VOOK64/status/1180106499042893825

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pentaro posted:

Hellstream is live:
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1180106262383677442?s=19

(no joke, it would be a nice backdrop for meditation)

I dig this unveil to make Joe Merrick suffer specifically.

Final bet: ten mins to 3 hours from now we see starter evolutions, and the regional rat.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nothing's loving happening

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Nothing's loving happening

uh, sir, a pikachu model walked in front of this jpg and kinda turned to the camera for a second before walking away twenty minutes ago. This is clearly good marketing.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1180113376837603329

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 4, 2019

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I think it’s cute and good worldbuilding.
:colbert:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

hopeandjoy posted:

I think it’s cute and good worldbuilding.
:colbert:

Good taste.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We would have seen more animals in an actual stream of the woods

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I feel like this is the kind of thing that relies heavily on how content your fanbase currently is. Riding on a high of hype? You can take your sweet time with reveals while the chat speculates and most casual viewers pop in and out through the day to check for new stuff. Fanbase on the fence? Then you really need to tighten up the timing, lead with strong new reveals, and win the crowd back.

In a time like this, where everyone's desperate for good news, being kind of lackadaisical feels like a failure to read the room.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

We would have seen more animals in an actual stream of the woods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbs7FT7dXYc
:3:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think the idea is lame, but it'd be entertaining if it was more active. Let the old pokemon hang out and do things together, maybe eat berries or whatever. This just feels like it's punishment to streamers and serebii joe.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Bee posted:

I feel like this is the kind of thing that relies heavily on how content your fanbase currently is. Riding on a high of hype? You can take your sweet time with reveals while the chat speculates and most casual viewers pop in and out through the day to check for new stuff. Fanbase on the fence? Then you really need to tighten up the timing, lead with strong new reveals, and win the crowd back.

In a time like this, where everyone's desperate for good news, being kind of lackadaisical feels like a failure to read the room.

They seriously have no obligation to care, the games are still going to sell even if the background slowly changes to form goatse in this

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Bee posted:

Yeah as the above poster said, people will grouse about this online but that's about the extent that the "contentment of the fanbase" will affect anything. How much of the target audience do you think even cares enough to watch things like this (and subsequently complain about the marketing strategy)? It ain't much, I'll tell you that.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I don't have a huge sample base, but if my son's school is any indication, Pokemon is still preeeetty popular with kids. The show, toys, etc. are still heavily directed towards that part of the fanbase, and they'll sell to them on the force of the Pokemon name alone. I haven't heard any complaints about the Pokedex, or anything like it, from them. And they certainly know about it, since I've heard "Which Pokemon do you think will be in?" stuff.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Bee posted:

everyone beat me to it, but dude it incredibly doesn't loving matter.

you, me, everyone in here are going to buy these, there is nothing they could now to stop these games from selling well, even if they wanted to. pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time, what "room" do you want them to read that they haven't read yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pokemon is huge and this'll definitely be no flop, like at worst it could underperform somewhat and "only" sell like 12 million copies. Or maybe they'll be the best selling ones yet.

Still looking not great, and this stream is amazingly lazy (3 pokemon have slid in and out of the screen over 80 minutes). Nothing this game's done has convinced me to buy it, maybe if word of mouth is good i'll try it half-off like I did Let's Go Eevee.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Does the switch have a way to make one of those “boycott COD (2244 players in game: COD)” groups cuz if not, now would be the time Nintendo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

y'all talking about this like nintendo specifically set out to piss you all off with this stream instead of it being something that was probably planned out maybe even up to a year ago down to the specific chunk of time during the day it was going to run

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

y'all talking about this like nintendo specifically set out to piss you all off with this stream instead of it being something that was probably planned out maybe even up to a year ago down to the specific chunk of time during the day it was going to run
This. The national dex crowd and the skeptics desperate for any scrap of new information they can get are a tiny percentage of the fanbase, this is just for people who want to chill out to some forest sounds and maybe peep a new Pokemon. Also it runs for 24 dang hours and it's the morning in America and night in Japan, if anything big happens it will probably be at a time when more than a handful of people can be watching.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Johnny Joestar posted:

Oh, no doubt. And like I said, if the prerelease period so far hadn't been so tepid I'd be loving this. I was more commenting on it being interesting that a brilliant idea in one circumstance can be a disappointing one in other circumstances.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Bee posted:

Oh, no doubt. And like I said, if the prerelease period so far hadn't been so tepid I'd be loving this. I was more commenting on it being interesting that a brilliant idea in one circumstance can be a disappointing one in other circumstances.

The Bad Box Art Megaman of Pokemon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think my issue with this thing is just that it's boring. The idea is fine, a static camera of a zone of the game to sight-see some pokemon. But nearly two hours in, there's been 3 pokemon who spend less than ten seconds on the screen. Let them spend a minute, hang out, interact with the camera or something. Maybe even do a little battle. I'm sure there'll be a reveal every, like, four hours and that's fine, but the moment to moment could stand to be way more fun than this is. Not because they "have to" or anything like that, just because that would make this stream nice to see.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's been plenty of good stuff already, you just have to pay attention

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1180127877469216770

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Bad Box Art Megaman of Pokemon

poo poo, that is a good analogy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't that a lure from Pokemon go

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Isn't that a lure from Pokemon go

:thejoke:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's voltorb-g

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I feel like at this point the stream should have shown SOMETHING to try and hook people’s interest, y’know?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

But... clearly the point isn't to "hook interest" or they wouldn't be streaming 24 loving hours of a mostly empty forest vista??? What would they even be hooking your interest for? What would they gain from more eyes on this?

This is not something you're supposed to stare at intently for a day, it's something you can put on in the background for some nice forest atmosphere and maybe something will happen and you happen to catch it. And if that's not for you of course everything revealed will be everywhere on the internet instantly anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm glad other peopel are staring at the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I want to know how many screens will end up with a burned-in image of that forest.