Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

orb, an

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

V. Illych L. posted:

i honestly think that orban delivering that sort of body-blow to the western economies against their wishes would be a major crisis for the union as a whole, enough to make them finally get tired of his bullshit

Well okay it'll be tough and the liberals in the EU will really owe us but I know when us Brits have to take one for the team.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If Brexit causes the EU to shrink to a No Fascists clubhouse, that’s probably a net gain in the long run and an optimistic worldview might even see us start dealing with the neoliberal scourge and one day turn it into an actual left organization.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/1180105392862437377?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If Brexit causes the EU to shrink to a No Fascists clubhouse, that’s probably a net gain in the long run and an optimistic worldview might even see us start dealing with the neoliberal scourge and one day turn it into an actual left organization.

Shame about Poland, France...

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

Boris goes to mail the filled out extension form to the EU but he puts the address the wrong way on the envelope or gets distracted by a magic beans salesman and misses the last post truck for the day

Boric Johnson, staring agape as explosions roil across the Irish border: "Uhhh, nothing, EU. It must have been that bean I ate for dinner."

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

V. Illych L. posted:

i honestly think that orban delivering that sort of body-blow to the western economies against their wishes would be a major crisis for the union as a whole, enough to make them finally get tired of his bullshit

GOD AS MY WITNESS THAT UNION IS BROKEN IN HALF

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

GOD AS MY WITNESS THAT UNION IS BROKEN IN HALF

BAH GAWD THAT VETO IS ILLEGAL!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1180107694327390213?s=19

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why does known liar Boris Johnson keep not telling the truth?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Oh no, Brexit asks for another Britain extension. who could have seen that one coming? Nobody could have seen that coming, absolutely shocking

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

alphabettitouretti posted:

Why does known liar Boris Johnson keep not telling the truth?

He's almost a perfect truth oracle, a thing I got taught when I was studying mathematics is impossible to physically build. If Johnson says a thing, it's highly likely to a very reasonable statistical degree that the actual truth is the absolute opposite - every time.

I could not design you a Borris, I have no idea how he exists.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Rest in Piss tories.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/MarieAnnUK/status/1180098838373306369?s=19

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This is it. This is the one good thing about brexit.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Once all the foreigners are out they won't be stealing any more jobs from proud Britons and businesses will be forced to pay higher wages.

That's why Britain has historically low unemployment levels, a decade of stagnating wages and moderate levels of immigration, clearly. Err. Wait.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

goves face is so god damned unsettling

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Squizzle posted:

goves face is so god damned unsettling

Pob.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Private Speech posted:

Once all the foreigners are out they won't be stealing any more jobs from proud Britons and businesses will be forced to pay higher wages.

This was a truck driver's view on James O'Brien's radio show last week.
Turned out he was self employed.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lazy poles cuming all ere to nick me jobs and live off the dole

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ere! I dunt want no forrun doctor neither!
I want a English one!
One that talks proper!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

happyhippy posted:

This was a truck driver's view on James O'Brien's radio show last week.
Turned out he was self employed.

Then he said his boss took a big cut of his money, but couldn't explain why that would change after Brexit. And he wasn't in a union because he didn't believe in them.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqxZo_myyA

The 80s has a hell of a lot to apologise for.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

And then the remains split between the lib dems and brexit party, and some still-born new party, and who the hell knows how everything goes from there.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the boris plan:

1) wait for 19th october
2) note that "No Deal" has not been agreed by parliament
3) argue that this means he does not need to request an extension

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Crowsbeak posted:

Rest in Piss tories.

Pisstories of the English-Speaking Peoples

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the boris plan:

1) wait for 19th october

Technically parliament accepted the possibility of no deal by voting for Bexit and by continuing to not revoke the Article 50 notification. They might not want it, but whether or not No Deal happens is totally in the power of parliament until the UK has actually brexit'd the union.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dance Officer posted:

And then the remains split between the lib dems and brexit party, and some still-born new party, and who the hell knows how everything goes from there.

You know who else once formed a New Party...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Randler posted:

Technically parliament accepted the possibility of no deal by voting for Bexit and by continuing to not revoke the Article 50 notification. They might not want it, but whether or not No Deal happens is totally in the power of parliament until the UK has actually brexit'd the union.

boris' plans are not notable for their consistency, accuracy or indeed for working in any way shape or form

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

This is like that Hitchhiker's Guide computer game where you had to had Tea and No Tea in your inventory simultaneously to solve a puzzle, isn't it?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That game was amazing but also really stupid and impossible

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

silvergoose posted:

Gotta sell those hintbooks somehow.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

gschmidl posted:

Gotta sell those hintbooks somehow.

Douglas Adams was apparently just a sadistic motherfucker.

See: his other amazing yet stupid hard computer game, Bureaucracy.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

What about that luxury spaceship game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

silvergoose posted:

What about that luxury spaceship game

that game's also loving impossible, but slightly less so

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Al! posted:

that game's also loving impossible, but slightly less so

I really liked its setting, those robots were really rude

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Looks like they had the right idea in the 1700s.

quote:

A mummified corpse found buried in a Basel church is a relative of British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, scientific testing has revealed.

The body is that of 67-year-old Anna Catharina Bischoff, who was born in 1719 in Strasbourg, France, and died in 1787 in Basel. She is believed to be Johnson’s great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother, according to researchers who had been testing her body since 2015 and announced their findings on Thursday.

The mummy was buried in the family tomb of Isaak Bischoff, a hospital director in 17th-century Basel, in the city’s Barfüsser church. Its identity had eluded researchers for decades.

Anna Bischoff is believed to have died of mercury poisoning, a common treatment for syphilis in her time. The high concentration of mercury in her body is what preserved it enough for it to be exhumed and studied.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

V. Illych L. posted:

Brexit ending with the UK in the EU but Hungary not would be a real twist.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

This is good news for CUK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

silvergoose posted:

yes, it was a text adventure