Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The two tracks Alcest released for the upcoming album have been really awesome too. October is shaping up to be an amazing month for metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Nazzadan posted:

Tomorrow is such a ridiculous release day, holy poo poo. Gatecreeper, Exhumed, Toxic Holocaust just to name a few

Oh well! Time to block out my Outlook calendar for the day.

I've listened to all three thus far, but this new Gatecreeper is the one that demands an immediate repeat listen. Nothing necessarily ground breaking about it, but there are some drat solid Dismember, Entombed and Obituary riffs packed into this one. I also didn't recall his voice sounding this much like John Tardy's on their previous albums either. Good stuff!

Also, I knew that at least one these guy played in Spirit Adrift, but it turns out 3/4 of the band is in Gatecreeper too?!?! Man, that's two solid albums this group have put out in 2019.

Edit: Yeah, all three of these albums are solid, but new ones from Tomb Mold, Witch Vomit and Creeping Death are still scratching my death metal itch at the moment.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 4, 2019

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
the new Insomnium and In Mourning albums dropped today as well for all the melodeath heads in here

on first listen they're both solid, possibly great but they need more than a few listens and there's just so much music coming out recently its impossible to revisit anything that isn't immediately great

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 4, 2019

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

The two tracks Alcest released for the upcoming album have been really awesome too. October is shaping up to be an amazing month for metal

Yup, I'm really looking forward to the new Alcest, because these two songs are solid as gently caress. 2019 has been so good.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
https://highcommandsl.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-the-wall-of-desolation This is good

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Oh well! Time to block out my Outlook calendar for the day.

I've listened to all three thus far, but this new Gatecreeper is the one that demands an immediate repeat listen. Nothing necessarily ground breaking about it, but there are some drat solid Dismember, Entombed and Obituary riffs packed into this one. I also didn't recall his voice sounding this much like John Tardy's on their previous albums either. Good stuff!

Also, I knew that at least one these guy played in Spirit Adrift, but it turns out 3/4 of the band is in Gatecreeper too?!?! Man, that's two solid albums this group have put out in 2019.

Edit: Yeah, all three of these albums are solid, but new ones from Tomb Mold, Witch Vomit and Creeping Death are still scratching my death metal itch at the moment.

I saw Spirit Adrift open for Slough Feg awhile back. Had never heard of them, and the whole time they were playing me and buddy kept talking about how the bass player looked just like the singer from Gatecreeper. We Googled it and had a good laugh. They are really fun live too.

Chase (the singer from Gatecreeper/bass player in Spirit Adrift ) gave me a fist bump and point at my Gatecreeper shirt later that night too :discourse:

Can't wait to listen to the new Gatecreeper album.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 4, 2019

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
New Gost album today too if you want to explore the fringes of metal spilling into other genres.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New Gatecreeper has me 2 stepping at my desk. I'm hootin and hollerin and if I had a snapback on I'd be flipping it backwards

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I was waiting for the whole insomnium album and now I can listen to it.

It's really good ambiance metal imo

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Gatecreeper is going to be a regular ripper in the gym for me, holy poo poo

^^I've been doublebass tapping for like twenty minutes straight now, it's so good

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

gently caress okay I'll listen to that too

Release days are so full of music!!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Time for Toxic Holocaust. Early impressions 2 songs in is that this is by far their most straight up thrash album yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't wait to get killed.

What a day!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

Time for Toxic Holocaust. Early impressions 2 songs in is that this is by far their most straight up thrash album yet.
It's straight up 80s thrash worship

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah, this has no pretense of their blackened elements or even crossover. This is just a thrash album from the 80s.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nazzadan posted:

Yeah, this has no pretense of their blackened elements or even crossover. This is just a thrash album from the 80s.

Stop I can only get so erect.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Uhhh so should I get into Toxic Holocaust finally?

Haven’t had a full on thrash binge in a while anyway

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKanmLGBEJA

EDIT: I mean obviously check out the new album too, but this one's a loving banger as well

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haven’t had a full on thrash binge in a while anyway

Yes, Toxic Holocaust are very good. Then after listen to his Yellowgoat Sessions album.

I can't tell if being straight up 80s thrash makes this better or worse than the rest of TH's discog. On paper I like blackened thrash more than regular thrash, so I should like this less than their early albums but this is really great still.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Liking the new Nightfell, had to get in on that fancy vinyl too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQepRJUYmk

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Joel Grind is a cool dude. I bought the Yellowgoat Sessions album and threw an extra $10 at him (I'm pretty sure it was a "name your price release") and he wrote an email to me thanking me for the support.

Toxic Holocaust rules in general, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdk845pPXEE

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Goddamn, the new Gatecreeper loving rips

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

As far as death metal this year that Gatecreeper is sitting at a solid third after 2 listens behind Minenfeld and Fetid. And Devourment if that counts.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

As far as death metal this year that Gatecreeper is sitting at a solid third after 2 listens behind Minenfeld and Fetid. And Devourment if that counts.

...what else would Devourment be?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

...what else would Devourment be?

Wasn't throwing $/_@MZ in with normal death metal. If we're talking everything under the dm umbrella then it's in 5th because Devourment and the new BSC I inexplicably love would also be thrown in

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I love Gatecreeper so much that I don't even care when friends point out that their name sounds like someone who's not allowed near schools

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I couldn't get into Sonoran Deprivation but this new album absolutely rips

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gatecreeper is good but I think I might like Creeping Death a little more

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Can confirm the new Gatecreeper is pretty drat great. That tour with Exhumed is gonna be sick

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Exhumed are rolling through here in December but without Gatecreeper sadly. Instead it'll be Deathgrave and Necrot who both kick rear end but I've seen like 3 other times this year and I haven't caught Gatecreeper in a year or so.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Been listening to The Reaper by Grave Digger a lot this week. Really good album and exactly what I was looking for in the classic power metal vein.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Get to see Disentomb (and the rest of that tour) tonight and I'm super excited. Also new Exhumed and Gatecreeper own.

Vastum preorders are up, locked mine in. Love this band and can't wait for this release.

https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/orificial-purge

20buckspin has been knocking it out of the park this year.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Yesssss I forgot all about the new Vastum. Hole Below was so good

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The new Insomnium sounds like they are still playing Belzebubs material but with more Dark Tranquillity influence. It's good, just a departure from the slower more melancholic stuff I'm used to from them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay yeah Toxic Holocaust rules oops

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I saw Toxic Holocaust and Possessed play a free show because Danzig no-showed when he was the headliner. They ripped. That's my Toxic Holocaust story.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Snowy posted:

Gatecreeper is good but I think I might like Creeping Death a little more

this is how i feel, for sure.

but just to be extra sure, i'm excited to jam both brand new vinyls back to back over and over this weekend

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I would be loving pumped for a Gatecreeping Death split though :allears:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Nazzadan posted:

The new Insomnium sounds like they are still playing Belzebubs material but with more Dark Tranquillity influence. It's good, just a departure from the slower more melancholic stuff I'm used to from them.

Eh, maybe that's why I like this one more than their older stuff? I dunno, but it loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay yeah Toxic Holocaust rules oops
:emptyquote: