Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Mr X being the handler made me laugh so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ariong posted:

The Sonic movie was supposed to be out next month, but I haven’t heard anything about it since they announced they were going to take another pass at it. Maybe they really are making some big changes.

it got delayed to 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ariong posted:

The Sonic movie was supposed to be out next month, but I haven’t heard anything about it since they announced they were going to take another pass at it. Maybe they really are making some big changes.

It got pushed back to next year February-March or something

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ariong posted:

yeah no that got delayed til valentines of next year

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lC_nnBi6G8

Hey I don't know how I missed this when it came out but this game owns and is 12 bucks

it's not really a rhythm game but the arcade-ey action sort of follows the music

I've heard it described as a playable pop album and it's the best descriptor I've seen. It's good. The narrator sounded really familiar and then they name dropped her at the end and I thought "Oh, of course!" Really great experience throughout.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

How long until a streamer gets an exclusive deal with Stadia?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you mean the memory or the next mandatory area?

Once you've done both the memory and the boss of the Cathedral you have most of the contextualization for what the rest of the game's plot is about.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothHub/status/1179912112950386688?s=19

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This game is the beeest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFp-4ZEx6g

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

God of War is now a Playstation Hits game, so now I guess I'm legally obligated to pick it up.

Apparently Gundam Versus has been for a while as well, so might grab it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoTzjokvx3s

Pity it's not a GOTY edition with all the DLC included.

bushisms.txt posted:

How long until a streamer gets an exclusive deal with Stadia?

Hello yes, I would like to sell my soul for money.

I am a corporate shill for that sweet sweet pay day.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Don't tell me that Stadia is already making a profit.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Doubt it, but they have rdr2 now, so still no

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait does the stadia currently exist i thought it wasn't going into operation for another year or whatever

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

November for founders edition (lol) and then free version next year when ever founders edition money dries up. That's also when uplay+ will be available on it aka when i use it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

anyone calling it 'staddy' for short

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

wait does the stadia currently exist i thought it wasn't going into operation for another year or whatever

it comes out this month iirc

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

anyone calling it 'staddy' for short

That's what the founders call Phil Harrison

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i've decided my new posting gimmick is tirelessly defending the google stadia, a product i do not own or want

they already have RDR2, which is objectively the best game going on the only real metric: how many awards you win at the Game Awards

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Relax Or DIE posted:

i've decided my new posting gimmick is tirelessly defending the google stadia, a product i do not own or want

they already have RDR2, which is objectively the best game going on the only real metric: how many awards you win at the Game Awards

It didn’t end up winning that many.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm a mark. I'm playing Destiny 2 this weekend. Whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

It didn’t end up winning that many.

But it still won the most

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/1180120619196678144

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rip waypoint

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who will hold the annual video game high school fanfic contest now

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

100 degrees Calcium posted:

:same:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I will

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ariong posted:

It got delayed til next year and it's strongly implied that they got Tyson Hesse on to help with the redesign

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Macaluso posted:

It got delayed til next year and it's strongly implied that they got Tyson Hesse on to help with the redesign

Finally Nipples the Enchilada hits the silver screen.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm gonna try and knock out a bunch of "bite sized indie games i've accrued like lint to static cling" this weekend i think, so katana zero, minit, heat signature, into the breach, and brigador (if i actually own it i think i might not i can't remember)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow this month's Humble Monthly is full of games I've never heard of besides the marquee ones.

Without looking it up would you know any of these? Should I play any of them

Spiral Scouts
Planet Alpha
Override: Mech City Brawl
Puss!
Avernum 3: Ruined World

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the avernum games are pretty good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lol did somebody really name their game "puss!"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's puss!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

i'm gonna try and knock out a bunch of "bite sized indie games i've accrued like lint to static cling" this weekend i think, so katana zero, minit, heat signature, into the breach, and brigador (if i actually own it i think i might not i can't remember)

Some very good games here.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seeing that list of games has me being reminded of all the other indie games in these bundles that I was literally too lazy to even paste the code into Steam.

If, uh, anyone wants to play Super Rude Bear Resurrection have at it (I'm not even gonna take the time to obfuscate it for snipers)

RJCM0-AY2EC-ALEYF

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://youtu.be/Fsj2Cpw8rU0

Embrace the cheese

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
And next month's humble monthly features the Crash and Spyro remasters up front. They're going to sell 66.05 million bundles in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thoom posted:

And next month's humble monthly features the Crash and Spyro remasters up front. They're going to sell 66.05 million bundles in the UK.

The remastered crash animations are great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIojHwo_4XM

Edit: wow I had a copy of Getting Over It all the way back in October 2017 and I guess I somehow missed it? Going through old bundles is like finding boxes of stuff in the attic

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 4, 2019