Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TheBizzness posted:

My litmus test is that if your QB mentions dying on the field he probably shouldn’t play.

You play. To win. The game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cam really hitting that rehab hard

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

I love you Cam, but jfc I hate that font.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The 1337-speak isn't helping either.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

is that a cycling place or am I missing something?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah what exactly am I supposed to parse from this message?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Why? If his spleen is fine, and his conditioning is fine, why wait? From all accounts he's been totally normal for over a week and had a pretty mild case symptoms wise. Granted Gase hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt for his decision making, but if the doctors say he's good to go, let him play.

Obviously, if he is still sick, sluggish, etc., and will get himself hurt out there, he shouldn't play. But it seems like everyone is saying that the only thing they're waiting on is the spleen, and he's been fine otherwise. If that's the case, I don't get the "keep waiting" argument.

Because the consequence of being wrong about how ready he is is that he literally loving dies, just loving wait.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

for some reason the guy with the midfoot bone injury is going to a flywheel.

yeah.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
If Darnold dies on the field the Jets will be awarded the #1 pick in 2020

Well until next week when the Dolphins and Redskins murder one of their players in retaliation to get back in the hunt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is that the NFL version of getting all As if your roommate dies

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's a fancy fromage shop. The sign actually says "Cheese Wheel."

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah.

Flywheel is a lot of fun, good for Cameron

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah.

Who needs feet?

:shepicide:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There is only one thing the spleen says to Death: 'Not today'

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1180131893557301248

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems like the smart decision.

Plus him coming out and taking those practice reps and fighting hard to play probably plays really well with his teammates.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1180135672381878272?s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The only move if the spleen is still enlarged. I think he would have been fine to play had it not been, but the extra week of practice and conditioning can’t hurt. Hopefully he’s ready for the Cowboys.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 4, 2019

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Rub some dirt on that spleen and get out there and play!!!

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Eagles should just rest anyone who's listed as questionable or less with the Darnold news

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Who was that one Bucs QB who had his spleen ruptured during a game?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Chris Simms

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's got some spleenin' to do

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
My cousin taught him math in high school and would often say he had the spleen of a future hall of famer

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1180160696484581377?s=19

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Who was that one Bucs QB who had his spleen ruptured during a game?

He had his spleen ruptured, rubbed some dirt on it, came back and finished the game.

Lost five pints of blood and almost died, but hey. You can’t be a Gruden Grinder without a little pain.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like missed chip shot FGs are one of my favorite ways to see a game end. Not as good as a miracle lateral play, but when you're sitting in the agony of "oh god, we are going to lose, this kicker is good" to "holy poo poo how did that happen we won" it's a real good feeling!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

when you think about it, who here has their spleen do what they want it to do

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m not going to pretend I have any loving clue off the top of my head what my spleen actually does.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

fartknocker posted:

I’m not going to pretend I have any loving clue off the top of my head what my spleen actually does.

Basically a giant lymph node, holds extra blood, does some filtering.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Remember when Tony Romo played like one and half quarters with a collapsed lung?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ok.

https://twitter.com/kpatra/status/1180176364533682177?s=20

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tell me again why/how the best dynasty the league has ever seen has received one of the easiest schedules that's ever been created, lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

:laffo:

It's not that I think it's impossible that Colt McCoy plays better than the other two. It's just this franchise has no loving clue what the plan is or where it's going

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

:laffo:

It's not that I think it's impossible that Colt McCoy plays better than the other two. It's just this franchise has no loving clue what the plan is or where it's going

They really need to pull a Dolphins and just burn everything down, all they way to the owner.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The entire roster should just refuse to play. Make snyder suit up

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

Tell me again why/how the best dynasty the league has ever seen has received one of the easiest schedules that's ever been created, lol

afc east

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

NFC East and AFC North came up on rotation. Dolphins were trying to tank, but the Jets were supposed to take a step forward this year, and got hit with injuries / Gase, the Bills are the 3rd best team in the AFC!

The Steelers had everything bad happen to start the season, and the Bengals are sliding back into the morass, but the Browns just came through a worst month ever yet persevered to 2-2 and look real good, while the Ravens are as Harbaugh-feisty as they usually are.

Cowboys are the best they've been in a long time, Eagles are an injured wreck, but probably healthy by the time the Pats play them. Giants are going through a huge mess caused by hyper overreacting to their coach figuring out Eli was done 2 years ago, and Washington are the Bengals but with blackjack and hookers.

Aside from all that, they get the Chiefs, the other best team in football and whomever won the AFC South last year.... uhhhh, the Texans, who are doing what the Texans always do.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

sweet thursday posted:

For starters, they get to play all the teams in their division twice. So that's 6 free wins a season. Then they get to play the NFC North, which has exactly 1 good team (or 0 if you listen to Kawalimus), and the NFC East, which has maaaybe 2 depending on the day of the week, the alignment of the stars, and the pattern of the animal bones.

Only two games per season are determined by last years' results. Since they won their division last year, their last two games are against two division winners: the Chiefs (legit), and the Texans (frauds). Adding insult to injury, the Texans lost in the playoffs vs a team from their own division, which makes their divisional win turbo-fraudulent.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

He's got some spleenin' to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

So what should the league do then?