Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

G-III posted:

The only thing I want to know about this new Star war is if anyone finally gets naked in it. If not then I don't need to bother with seeing it.

You can see like a frame of nipple in Return of the Jedi special edition (no, not Leia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

General Dog posted:

I don’t think it’s likely that the synopsis is accurate, but I am curious what part of it you find to be implausibly stupid.

It's mostly that it seems like a lot of content for one movie, all the events in and of themselves are perfectly believable.

But then again, he could be spending a lot of words on things that are on screen for 2 seconds and there isn't as much content as his outline suggests.

I'm still betting it's bullshit though.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

G-III posted:

The only thing I want to know about this new Star war is if anyone finally gets naked in it. If not then I don't need to bother with seeing it.

i said this about GOT (more specifically Sophie Turner) and got banned for it

apparently the mod was too loving lazy to look up the fact that she's like 24 now

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

General Dog posted:

You can see like a frame of nipple in Return of the Jedi special edition (no, not Leia)

which Ewok titty are you referring to

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Preston Waters posted:

i said this about GOT (more specifically Sophie Turner) and got banned for it

apparently the mod was too loving lazy to look up the fact that she's like 24 now

Did her age make it, uh, not a creepy thing to say? About a specific person?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

General Dog posted:

Did her age make it, uh, not a creepy thing to say? About a specific person?

your avatar is perfect, please never change it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Preston Waters posted:

which Ewok titty are you referring to

its the twilek dancer her boobs slip out of the bikini for a single frame or two

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Stairmaster posted:

its the twilek dancer her boobs slip out of the bikini for a single frame or two

are they pepperoni size or like nickel size

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theyre normal

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

G-III posted:

I was under the impression that Jabba the Hut was in fact completely naked. :shrug: So that box has already been ticked.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You can't really even call it a nipslip since they're completely painted green.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

I was under the impression that Jabba the Hut was in fact completely naked. :shrug: So that box has already been ticked.

Hey don’t forget my man Salacious Crumb. He didn’t wear any clothes either

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Threepio and R2 never wore pants.

NOT ONCE.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

G-III posted:

Chewie only wears a sash, dude.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

teagone posted:

Chewie only wears a sash, dude.

I always loved the design of those magazines or whatever, like, dang, this guy LOVES sucrets and altoids.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Neo Rasa posted:

I still laugh that they set out to do an entire trilogy about rehashing past poo poo and didn't think to at any point actually put Ford/Fisher/Hamill on screen at the same time.

Well, it’s not like they seemed to have any interest in having the new characters onscreen together either. It’s a tightly knit saga about people who barely know each other!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Does Chewie have human type nipples up top or those stomach nipples like dogs/other animals have?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

banned from Starbucks posted:

Does Chewie have human type nipples up top or those stomach nipples like dogs/other animals have?

Given he is bipedal I would expect the former.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

If Aqua Teen is to be believed it's like dogs

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

New ew TROS still:

Assuming this is right before the red eye 3po shot in the last footage

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Not all male mammals have them so it's possible he doesn't either.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wdarkk posted:

Not all male mammals have them so it's possible he doesn't either.

Chewbacca the Echidna

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I made the mistake of researching it and now assume Chewie may have had 6 nipples as posted above given the female count.

Real question is can old Sheeve shoot lightning out of his nips.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

I made the mistake of researching it and now assume Chewie may have had 6 nipples as posted above given the female count.

Real question is can old Sheeve shoot lightning out of his nips.

Apparently he has UNLIMITED POWER! So I would assume that he can.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What lazy screenwriting contrivance will pointlessly gently caress with the idea of how hyperspace works this time around? JJ will surely feel some pressure from rian's impressive effort to that end, so I expect a dramatic escalation of stupidity

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Proposal: What if you can go into super hyperspace? It's super dangerous but really fast (but the heroes will use it without any issue really) and they can use it to get wherever they need to be instantly. This would have the upside of making sure the events of the film take place over as short of a span of time as possible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

What lazy screenwriting contrivance will pointlessly gently caress with the idea of how hyperspace works this time around? JJ will surely feel some pressure from rian's impressive effort to that end, so I expect a dramatic escalation of stupidity

Since is fiction you there isn’t a way “hyperspace works”. It’s all made up.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm aware that fiction isn't real, thanks. When you introduce more and more lazy bullshit exceptions that alter or beg questions about basic mechanisms of fiction, the fiction starts to get more and more stupid

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

On the sliding scale of plausibility in the Star Wars universe, I don't think it's particularly crazy that a fairly massive starship travelling faster than the speed of light will pack a pretty sizable punch. It raises a question of why it isn't a more common approach, but you can not unreasonably wave it off with the simple fact that it's a suicide bombing and that the good guys generally don't operate that way.

I'm not generally going to go to the mat for the Last Jedi, but the lightspeed collision is a far more plausible (based on what we know of how the universe works) and has much less narrative importance than the friggin' Starkiller Base, which is the contrived narrative shortcut to end all contrived narrative shortcuts.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 4, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They knew what she was doing and would have stopped it if they had their shields up

So it was something that was possible in their minds and maybe has happened before to unshielded ships.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'll give it to rian, his flashy escalation of hyperspace laziness actually gave a lot of cover to JJ's subtler but actually more annoying and pointless hyperspace laziness in the force awakens

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was literally the most successful part of the movie. Besides the throne room battle.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Proposal: What if you can go into super hyperspace? It's super dangerous but really fast (but the heroes will use it without any issue really) and they can use it to get wherever they need to be instantly. This would have the upside of making sure the events of the film take place over as short of a span of time as possible

They could call it....//puts on sunglasses....Ludicrous Speed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Super hyperspace is in TFA

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

euphronius posted:

Super hyperspace is in TFA

Sub-Hyperspace, which lets the Galaxy watch the destruction of Hosnian Prime in real-time rather than having to wait for it to travel through hyperspace

It's...really not well-explained

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was matching that language used by the poster

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

euphronius posted:

They knew what she was doing and would have stopped it if they had their shields up

So it was something that was possible in their minds and maybe has happened before to unshielded ships.

why were the shields down

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have no idea I wasn’t there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

why were the shields down

The empire's perennial budget cuts strike yet again